Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lance & Dragons [Rave X Ironic]

Rave

Long Live The King
Prince Jarvan IV is the latest addition from a lineage of kings. Strong and powerful, he's favored to lead Demacia in the next era. Raised to be the paragon of Demacia's greatest virtues. On the battlefield, he inspires his troops with his fearsome courage and selfless determination, revealing his true strength as a leader of men.

--

Or such is what is said about the prince that would become King. Contemplative thoughts invaded the prince's mind as his horse's hooves lead many thundering behind it across the outer forests of Demacia. Stress was building upon his shoulder. High expectations were dangerous if met, or failed. A nation's hope rested on his abilities and his skills to lead, and yet if he did so, he knew that Demacia would not last. The failings of his father would come to haunt the son. Their armies, long renowned for being strong and near invincible, have been scattered as of late. More champions keep getting lost, whether it be to the Rift, or to their own enemies. Demacia was walking a thin line with ever thinning armies, and the thought of his future rule plagued the Prince.

Though the Demacian ruler is chosen by a high council from a selection of worthy candidates, the last three kings were descendants of the same line. As King Jarvan III's only child, he was groomed since birth to continue that tradition. His family's intentions were reflected in all aspects of his life, from his courtly duties to his name. Educated by the finest historical scholars and tutored in the ways of ruling a kingdom, Jarvan IV also studied the techniques of war. Eventually, he was placed by his father as General of his armies to lead them through combat, and fight after fight-- an Army he'd now lost.

Looking around him, he was alone. The forest circled him and his men were out patrolling. He'd only taken a handful, each enough of a warrior to deal with the threat that sent them out here in the first place-- a woman. A purple skinned woman, that terrorized the settlements near by. She'd not attacked-- she'd not stolen, but roars through the night frightened the children and left the villagers uneasy. As such, the prince and a handful of men were deployed to figure out what was going on.

His thought process was interrupted suddenly, however, when a rustling behind a nearby tree caught his attention. Quickly, he dismounted his horse and hoisted his lance high and forward, pointing it in the direction of the noise. Like any smart general when they hear a weird noise out in the forest when they're all alone, he started walking right towards it.

Back up was for pussies anyway.

A half-breed born from the union between dragon and human, Shyvana searched all her life for belonging. Persecution forged her into a brutal warrior, and those who dare stand against Shyvana face the fiery beast lurking just beneath her skin. Dragonkind considered Shyvana's impure blood an abomination, and she spent her youth pursued relentlessly by one cruel drake. Constantly on the run, she and her father, an outcast dragon, never knew a lasting home. A brutal reflection of countless battles, Shyvana grew hateful and savage. She often took on her drake form, an icy and cold-hearted creature that knew nothing but hate, the only love being shown by her father.

After years of strife, her father finally fell to the other dragon. He had fought hard to ensure protection for Shyvana, gravely wounding his foe just before he fell to take his last breath. The girl was overwhelmed with devastation as the drake took off, fleeing north to recuperate from his damages. She was left to mourn her loss in the cold snowy mountains, her heart enclosed in ice lastingly. Furious with grief, Shyvana pursued her father’s murderer, promising to cease his life as he did to her own blood.

Her nights were spent crying, screaming at the world for its hatred as she trekked the nights alone and exhausted.

d8dd933985a202b99dc1ab74f494386f-d5jnd1q.png

Days had passed, her eyes incased in dark circles from sleep deprivation. Without her father’s leadership, she understood just how much she depended on him. The dense torrent of snow covered the trail of the fled drake, making the objective much harsher to accomplish. Religiously she paced through the forest-ridden terrain to stay close to his trail, failing in the end after all.

Feeling defeated, she headed towards the outskirts of the forest, close by the trail as she laid in the snowy pile. The downfall of the cloud-like powder dispersed against her body, her head entombing inside of her arms as she noiselessly wept.

Hooves clicked and clanked on the gravel underneath them, stirring the miserable woman to sit upwards and peer against the spaces within the bushes in front of her. Intently she watched the group of armed men marched upwards, dispersing outwards until only one was left on the trail. Ridden with fear she quickly stood up, snagging a twig in the process to rattle the bush enough to bring attention. The elegant-looking man dismounted with little concern for what caused the disorder.

Shyvana stood still, understanding that if she ran off it would cause more chaos then what was to be intended. Taking in a sharp breath of icy air she protruded from the confines of the forest and hoisted out before the man had a chance to approach her directly.

“Why are you walking around in my territory?!” She spat at him as her blue sequined eyes fizzled, judging him as those hues scavenged his form from afar. “It would be best if you left these terrains. You are in no position to be out here in these harsh weathers.” A low growl resonated from her throat, the puff of water vapor forming around her flared nostrils and mouth as she spoke.

The source of the rattling finally bore fruit. His eyes were already deadlocked on the spot the noise came from, and the tip of his lance was ready to be thrust forward at whatever beast or contraption slid out of the other end. Yet an icy grip witheld his hand, as if the weather had descended to keep his arm where it was. He was prevented from lunging forward and spearing the cause of his troubles, yet a moment's glance determined that the weather was not the cause. Only this creature that resembled the very snow falling atop their heads.

She was...different. A Half-Breed from first inspection. She yelled out to him, and the growl in her voice confirmed the presence of something else within her. Dots started to connect. The sighting of dragons-- the sighting of a woman, with colored skin and features resembling those of the very winged beasts that soared the sky. She was it. She was what he was searching for, and yet it was very different from what he expected.

"I do not need a halfling lecturing me on where I should or shouldn't be within my own lands. I don't know who you are, but this is not your territory. This is my father's. And my father's father. You are in the Kingdom of Demacia-- my Kingdom, and you will explain yourself and why you continue to terrorize and burn and villages in your path."

He stepped forward again then, confidently. Perhaps, in a bit of an over-estimation of his own powers and under-estimation of her own. Though still. He knew, that her kind were not easy targets. Though he was not viewing her as one to begin with. No cruel beast nor animal would warn its hunter about the harsh conditions. No monster, would give advice about avoiding cold weather. It prompted him to take a calming breath.

His hands rose to remove a mask, one that covered his lips and jaw to keep him breathing warm air. When his face would be revealed from beneath his crown, bright eyes would look in the direction of her own. Handsome features defined a chiseled face. A golden crown atop his head cemented his status as royalty. The man was built, and strong-- yet he did not seem aggressive. Only defensive.

If one thing was clear, though, was that he mistook the destruction of the very dragon she hunted, for damage she herself caused, and he could not be blamed for his confusion. "And tell me--" He'd add at the last moment.

"Who are you."

Clenching her teeth together she locked the space between them, her eyes penetrating his irises. “Are you presuming a Halfling as a disgrace? With your tone, it sure sounded like it.” Though she were an ice dragon her body felt as hot as the fire he had implied she used to burn his villages. “And next in line is your accusations. Do I LOOK as if I can spew fiery flames in my wake?!” She snarled before quickly digging her heel into the ground, pivoting around to face the woodlands so she wouldn’t lose her displeasure entirely on this imbecile.

Her ear twitched as she heard the rattling of his mask, whirling her head over her shoulder to peer into his face for the first time. Shyvana was uncaring to the element of his royalty, not changing or persuading her demeanor towards him. “Why do you bother to ask who I am? I am only but a halfling in your spectrum. What’s the difference to it if a name is slapped on? Exactly.” Her form swiveled back to face him.

“If we’re going to play a game of questions, how about you tell me why you’re here? No one has ever chartered these lands as long as I’ve lived, and now you miraculously appear to claim it.” Presumptuously her arms crossed over her torso, accentuating her annoyance with his inquires.

Suddenly, he was on the other end of a verbal tirade berating him on what he thought of her kind. No, it went further. She was questioning whether or not he was intelligent, since he thought she set fire to the villages in question. Boy, could she get on ones nerves quickly. When she finally gave him a chance to answer for himself, he closed the distance entirely between them with affirmative steps forward.

"Listen here, you-- I'm not presuming anything. I'm following my orders. They tell me all shit hit the fan in the outskirts of Demacia so I come check it out. Low and behold, a half-dragon is running around. Is it not natural to think you're the cause? Hell, I'd say I'm pretty patient and tame giving you a chance to explain yourself before I just lanced you and got on with my day." A huff left his nose then, before he eyed her up and down for a moment. Hm. Scaly, but attractive. Looked powerful, if nothing else.

"So to answer you-- I ask who you are because believe it or not, you're in Demacia. That's a human kingdom. If we don't come out here too often it's because it's as cold as a frozen hell and barely anyone lives here, but it's still Demacia. I happen to be it's prince. You can call me Jarvan. See what I did there? I introduced myself like a proper individual when I meet someone I don't recognize. Especially, if that person is half fucking dragon. So, if you're telling me you didn't fuck my kingdom up, why the heck are you here, and I ask again, who the heck are you." His finger was pointed up and at her, and there was a bit of a bite to his tone. It's not like she was the only one who could throw around some sass when needed. Either way, he didn't sense actual hostility from her, so maybe she could actually fill him in.

“You keep repeating that I’m a halfling, don’t you think I already know this? It must upset you about my biology, just like everyone else!” Shyvana’s voice grew timidly rancorous, their bodies nearly touching as the temperature strengthened, and not in a pleasant manner. “Before you lanced me, hm? Am I target practice in your eyes? You’re nauseating.” She made up her own conclusions as did he. Her hands laid against her thighs as they balled into curled fists, ready to knock him if tempered furthermore.

Though, she kept hushed as he spoke, letting him have a moment to explain himself as she thought of a remark to say back. The blood within her coarse veins boiled and sizzled with loathing, wishing she would’ve just kept low in the snow and let him pass by. Clearing the phlegm in her esophagus she would begin to retort. “Well, Jarvan, you see, I wasn’t given a polite introduction either and instead accused of burning your villages. You then call me a halfling, as if the word enough doesn’t cause bitter feelings enough already. This HALFLING’s name is Shyvana, but you already grew accustomed to my nickname.” Her bitter eyes darted away briefly before gluing back to his fashioned features. Her hand progressively gripped at the wrist of the hand that was pointing into her general direction, tossing it back down to his side. “Don’t you raise your finger at me, human.” Squinting her eyes, she let out a puff of frustrated air.

“I’m part human, as you can notice with my feminine structures. All but some scales underneath my eyes and sides to show my feral counterpart. If you want a lecture of who exactly I am, then please, sit and enjoy.” She smirked sadistically in nature, brows furrowing before continuing. “You see, Jarvan…” The way she spoke of his name sounded vindictive, being fully aware of her use of it. “My mother is a human, my father a dragon who learned to shape-shift into a human. I’m sure you know what happens next, so here I am!” Her hands extended outwards to present herself to him sarcastically. “Although, there was something wrong with me that my father thought couldn’t be passed on if he shapeshifted… I’m a halfling. Neither the humans or dragons wanted to accept me or bring me in. My mother was killed for her taboo crimes, my father taking me here in these mountains to serve as protection.” Shyvana almost grew breathless, never speaking so much in her life.

“We thought we could escape the dismay, but a drake stalked us and attempted to slain our existence. My father saved me, but it costed his life. This just happened almost a month ago.” The pain of losing her father still haunted her, bowing her head to regather herself to hold onto her strong-headed vibe. It could be noticed, though, showing an emotion other than pure revulsion. “He damaged the drake pretty good, and I’ve been on its trail ever since. I’ve had no luck, but that will not stop me.” She held her head high, determined to avenge her father’s downfall.

“No, I do not need empathy or pity. I was simply answering your inquire. So, there you have it. Are you pleased, Prince?” Blinking her eyes she revolved around one last time to head back into the snowy forest, waving the back of her hand in his direction without looking at him. “Good luck.”

"I'm sorry-- If you saw me walking up to you, human on top and squirrel on the bottom, you wouldn't focus on the fact that I'm a mix of things that isn't exactly common or biologically imaginable? And yet here you are, born of a dragon, and a human. Of course I'm going to focus on it-- and of course the thought of Dragons makes me want to lance them, considering most of them have burnt just about everything humans made, or could make." He huffed, ignoring the nauseating comment because he didn't want to escalate a bickering war with her. Bigger man, Jarvan. Bigger man, he told himself.

He tilted his head curiously for a moment as she took his calling of her halfling insultingly, and a brow instantly tose. "Your mistake was in your assumptions. When I call you halfling, Shyavana, was it? It's not an insult. I did not add a deragatory tone to my wording of it. I couldn't care less if you were one quarter horse, two quarter dragon and one quarter sea snail. I found you threatning first-- then interesting. Your mixed blood is a quality, but clearly, you haveb't experienced too many people calling you halfling in a positive manner-- Leave my finger out of it! It's pointing because it has indeed, noticed your feminine structures. I will -not- be seduced."

Not that there was any indication that this is what she was aiming for. In fact, in essence, he more or less admitted finding attraction in her form. Her smirk was captivating in its own right to be fair. A mix of feral, and yet...alluring? He couldn't get hs thoughts together. Then she spoke his name and snapped him out of it, explaining how she got to be the way she is and making her conception more understandable, at least enough that he could picture it. He was about to open his mouth to mouth off again, only the history she offered him up, extended hands and all, quieted him. It didn't seem like she had the easiest of upbringings. His face showed no signs of pity, though. It was simply solemn. Almost comically insulted. As if he had an unjustified problem with how she was treated and raised.

Yet again he was going to open his mouth to speak, before her pride had her spin around like the best of Demacian ballerinas, wave her tail up and walk right the fuck away. Had his veins on his forehead been visible they'd pump just then and there. "Hold up you maniacal storm of a woman-- by the love of Demacia." He grunted, and walked up and around her to stand in her way like a big, shiny, golden trunk of an absurdly handsome tree. "LOOK." He'd call out so she wouldn't just walk around him either. "You have my...ap...apo..." He wasn't used to this. He was a prince. He didn't do it often. "...Apologies, if you took my calling you a halfling as insulting. I...actually find you a little bewildering if nothing else, but if you didn't cause the mess I'm here to fix, then you're hunting the beast that did. Our paths diverge. We are called to the same cause, for different reasons."

He let out a long sigh, his cold breath forming mist in the air. "You weren't wrong. I'm not familiar with the area. Not as much as I should be. I'm essentially lost in the cold without much hope of succeeding. That lance that threatened to spear you, could help pierce your father's murdered, mm?...If you'd stop boring a hole in my head with your stare long enough to see my sincerity."

Shyvana stopped in her tracks as Jarvan suggested a ridiculous idea, but it did grasp onto her attention. “A human? Defeating a dragon that killed another dragon?” Lightly she giggled at his proposal, shaking her head at his irrationality. “Obviously, you understand the extent of their chaotic destruction, what makes you think that you can go through with killing it?” She asked before placing a hand on her hip, eyeing him and waiting for a reply.

“It was hard enough to get to where I am right now. The snow erased any signs of him. His damaged were deep and would take long to heal and a month has passed. He should be getting back up on his feet to cause further destruction.” She would warn him, her hues glancing up at the sky as if waiting for the drake to fly over them.

Sighing, she got to the gooey topic. “Your apology is appreciated but do not think that it’s smooth sailing just because you said sorry.” Eyeing him she couldn’t help but notice his build, never seeing anything quite like it before, then again, she never really encountered humans much. He did seem sincere, but she had just met him. If he were to hold true to his words she would learn more about him.

"For one, what makes -you- think that you're capable of doing it? Clearly you haven't had much success on your own either." He raised a curious brow then, clearly defensive over her wording of things even if she was genuinely baffled. "For two, I'm not sure if you picked up on it, but I literally have an army I can march up here if I wanted to. Dragon or no Dragon, a thousand Demacian soldiers should be more than enough to put it down. That is, if I can't do it with a dragon on -my- side. That'd be you. In fact, if I HAVE to call upon that army, I don't think I can show my face back at the castle."

He scoffed. "You underestimate me, Shyvana." He rolled a shoulder, before he turned so that they were shoulder to shoulder rather than face to face to look in the same direction she was. "But if he's recovering, we're wasting time. You already know this, I can tell you're intelligent, but for the sake of saying it, we should really try and catch him now before he recovers any further. If nothing else, I know these mountains. No one ever comes here, but I've studied all of Demacia's terrain. There are caves and caverns scattered across the hollow Mountains in that direction." He'd raise his lance and point towards several peaks in the direction she was chasing.

"If he's recovering, then it's likely he took shelter in one of them. There's not going to be enough time for me to go back and bring with me soldiers, so for now, I suggest we ride that direction and see if we can find him first. We'll assess what to do from there." He raised his fingers to his lips, and a sharp whistle escaped that drew his warhorse to him. Grabbing onto its reins, he hauled himself upwards and landed atop its back. An arm extended down so she could take his hand, and hop on. "Ride with me, and save your energy. I damn well know I'm not getting anywhere if I can't get your help, so I'm swallowing my pride. I suggest you do the same."

The half breed could only bite her tongue as he gave his small speech. He was right, after all, but how could she be in the wrong? Her sassy temperament would only cause more trouble and she was aware of this, but never has she encountered anyone else, especially one that was willing to help her.

As he stood beside her his heat could be felt against her cold skin. It was a decent change, making her feel not so alone anymore. Like her father was still here with her. Swallowing the frog in her throat as the thought of her father left her misty eyed she nodded as he mounted his equine.

“I am just wondering what is in it for you if you’re so willing to help a pitiful halfling like myself?” Her own brow quirked before hopping onto the back of the warhorse, its flared nostrils spewing out a mist of warmth into the cold air. Shyvanna’s balance was unsteady on the back of the horse, her hands gripping against his waist as she held herself steady. “I am sorry if this is too personal for you, I have never ridden one of these before.” She explains as she looks over her shoulder to see its tail swaying.

“it’s not like I’m not doing a good job searching for him. I lost his trail as the snow continued to pile up. I’m exhausted as I’ve been searching for weeks. I’ve left my sanity within my father’s grave. I seek vengeance colder than death.” She growled deeply, her eyes squinting with determination in slaying that damned beast.

When she fastened her arms around his waist, he made sure to sit up on the steed high. That way, she could have a grip to hold herself up, and lean her chest against his back to support herself and her balance. "It's alright, just hang on to me. Should you feel like falling, dig your claws into my armor. It will withstand the sharpness." As if to make sure she held on correctly, his hands took her own and linked them at his mid waist, just above his groin. The steed neighed in impatience, causing his free hand to reach out and pat its head lightly.

Before he'd say anything else, he'd nudge the horse with his foot into a steady walk. He'd let her get used to the pace and bumps of the horse before he accelerated. "As for what's in it for me, it's my Kingdom. I can't have a murderous dragon roaming about. If it caused you tragedy, and you're a powerful dragon, it could cause several more for my people. I only take a pre-emptive approach to this. I don't want to suffer losses." He explained, before his head tilted back to look at her for a moment, then forward again. "Nor do I want to see someone suffer the sting of unfulfilled vengeance. You deserve peace."

He'd kick the horse slightly then, to let it bounce into a trot out of the woods and towards the near by mountains. These war horses were trained for tough terrain, so it could take them a fair bit. "I will be relying on you for navigation, then. You know these mountains better than I. For tonight, however, once we find a suitable cave we will pause to rest. You need sleep. Food. Shelter. At least for a night, and we will resume the search in the morning."

He looked back at her again then, his eyes meeting her own in both concern and curiosity. "You will have to trust me to look after you for the night, though. Are you willing to do such a thing, for a total stranger?"

It was strange to be this close to someone. The armor he wore separated them from sharing body heat but that was beside the point. She was still agonizingly close to him. His gloved hand gripped softly on her own, yet sternly, and placed it correctly as she was foreign on what to do. The heart inside of her tight chest fluttered, a feeling she wasn’t accommodated with. It wasn’t important though, she would tell herself calmly.

Jarvan was really fit to be a Prince after she finally cooled down enough to see through him. Smart, elegant, and well mannered. Truthfully, Shyvanna could learn a lesson or two from him but she was too stubborn to admit something of that nature. “You’re right. Even though I lost the only thing I’ve had your Kingdom had suffered far worse than I. And if we don’t stop this mess there’s no telling what further destruction he can do, especially after having the rush of killing fresh blood.” Her voice jumped around as the horse trotted around. As he had instructed, she dug her claws into his armor, the sound excruciating as it resembled the sound of nails on chalkboard. “Sorry.” She apologized for the sound, trying her best to at least soften it.

“That’s what we’re going to have to do.” Shyvanna responded to his concerned question. “You’re going to rely on my navigation, and I will rely on your protection. It’s a mutual agreement, and I am okay with that.” She swallowed her pride to answer him, wondering if that was even the correct way to reply. “In about a mile there should be a cave to our right. It’s durable and I’ve stayed in it before. It’s spacious and the ground isn’t rough like the others. It blocks the wind and snow and is good for cooking if you’re going to use a fire.” She met his gaze as he looked around towards her, her eyes immediately looking away into the first second of their stare.

The more they traveled the terrain the more she grew adjusted to the horse and its bumpy ride. They voyaged uphill and the snow grew heavier and more severe. Luckily the cave could be spotted in the distance, Shyvnna’s hand pointing towards it. “There, that’s the cave.” She directed him before they went towards the entrance. “I hope it appears decent enough to you, but the storm is growing worse and we have no choice but to stay here even if it isn’t to your liking.”

Despite the lack of heat between bodies, the feeling of someone pressed to his back was enough to provide a frictioned form of comfort. Her breasts pressed against him, her arms wrapped around him, and he remembered why he enjoyed riding with others. It wasn't as bumpy. Balance was helped. She leaned against him, he leaned up for her, and it just worked. He couldn't lie to himself and not think that it wasn't exciting having a half-dragon ride behind you, but he too, brushed such thoughts aside for now. "We have a common enemy. We have both suffered. I will do everything I can to avenge you, and my people all the same."

"I might be relying on you for fire as-well. I can't imagine I can rub sticks together fast enough in this cold to produce any sparks." He sighed, a little out of his element here, and it made him appreciate running into her that much more. He'd have had an immesurably harder time, had he not run into her. "You do that, and I'll do my best to hunt some food in the morning in return, and keep you warm at night." That last part of that statement was a little cyrptic, left for interperation. He didn't do it on purpose, though. The screeching noise from her claws digging into him was simply tolerated, and he laughed at her apology. "No need. Grip as tight as you like."

Yet just as the storm picked up, they finally reached the cave and she pointed to it. She had described how it would suit them, and even as her gaze fled from his own, a little smirk slipped onto his lips. "It'll do fine- I've slept in worse, trust me. At least I have company this time around." He'd guide the armored steed towards the cave's entrance, and once the horse itself was sheltered within, he'd dismount first, slowly unhooking her arms from around him. Once he'd land on solid ground, he'd let his hands slide over her waist line, grip her by the hips, and lift upwards so that she could slide off the horse herself and land right infront of him.

Yet, that subsequently left them in...a close, position. His hands were still on her hips, their bodies were half an inch from touching, and his eyes were looking at her own without hope of escape. She was warm. He couldn't feel it quite yet, but it was the sensation he got from holding her. Even with armor on. "I should...get out of these clunky things. They trap the cold in."

It was a relief to finally enter inside, the storm’s wind dwindled to nothing. One could still hear the howling of it, though. As Jarvan dismounted his horse it seemed as if he knew she wouldn’t be steady enough to get off the stallion on her own. Without asking for consent he placed his hands on her curvaceous hips, gradually lifting her up so she could be let down. Her eyes enlarged as she tried to stay still, not knowing what to do as he helped her. Gulping down the rock in her throat she effortlessly got off the steed with his help. Both of her feet planted on the snowy ground that crunched quietly under her weight, but there was just one problem now… they were close, like, awkwardly close. Those sequined hues of hers couldn’t dart away, her breath held as he didn’t loosen his grip on her body.

Time seemed to elongate as they held that stance. How many minutes passed now? Seconds? As his hands pulled away she took a step backwards, eyes rapid to look down at her feet. “Ah, I would think differently. I thought it would trap your body heat? Oh well, you know better than I do.” Shrugging her shoulders, she would raise her hands up to clasp against her helmet, taking it off before setting it down to the ground mildly. The heavy armor she sported she removed as well, placing it in the same pile with the rest.

Luckily for Shyvana there were some fallen branches near the entrance of the cave which meant she wouldn’t have to travel for firewood. Stepping foot outside and swiftly seized as many as she could into her arms before running back inside. “This should be enough for tonight. Did you happen to bring any blankets or something similar? I abandoned mine earlier today.” Shyvanna asked as she neatly stacked the branches in a pile near the center of the cave.

Despite being an ice dragon her flames were so cold that they were hot, the magic she held within her core also helped to change her flames to grow more warm than usual. “My human form isn’t as powerful as my drake form, but that form is far too large to shapeshift into in this cave. My hands, though, can emanate just the same as my dragon breath.” She said as she raised her right hand, a healthy translucent blue flame ignited at her will. Kneeling down towards the branched her hand outstretched in front of her to light them, quickly catching its spark before she no longer needed to assist it.

That momentary closeness was not easy to forget. Or rather, simply slide off the mind. She was warm, ironically, for an Ice Dragon. And up close? Her beauty was hard not to notice. He'd imagined she'd never heard someone call her beautiful before, since dragons were not known to appreciate such things over power and flight. Though he bit his tongue for now, and simply cleared his throat upon detaching from her. This cave would be more than suitable for the night, and he allowed his thoughts to be consumed by that rather than let them dart to more...imaginative scenarios, unbefitting the situation they were in, involving the pair of them.

"I have just the one-- but it is large enough to share." He'd comment when asked about the blanket, and as she left to gather firewood, he brought back a black and thick roll mounted to the horse's saddle near the rear. It seemed heavy, but only because it was long and compressed in said role. Upon unfurling it, the black substance would be revealed as a fur blanket, likely Grizzly hide, warm and thick. His armor would be withdrawn one by one, the helmet first to reveal the sharp features beneath and a pair of striking eyes. A scar on his left cheek, and hair down to the small of his back.

His torso armor was next, revealing the muscular and built body beneath. The man was forged for combat, countless hours of training and fighting leaving him with a body fit to withstand treks, wars, and cold. The pants and boots were the final pieces to be removed, and powerful legs shuffled onto the blanket while she placed the firewood together infront of them, and lit it ablaze with a brilliant blue flame that mesmerized him for a moment. Dragons were rather exotic creatures, after all.

"I don't think your Dragon form can comfortably fit on this blanket though." He mused, lightening the mood up a bit. There wasn't much room for them to both sit on here, but he shuffled to the side as much as he could. Likely, one leg had to drape over the other, regardless of who went on who, for both of them to manage a comfortable seating. Though he didn't seem pariticularly bothered by the fact. If anything, getting closer to someone like her intrigued him. The warmth of the fire relaxed his body, the heat coating the bare skin, and the hidden bits beneath the undergarments he wore. "We have a long night ahead. We might as well get to understand each other better, then." He paused, his eyes following her.

"Ask me anything you wish to know."

“Oh, I don’t expect you to share with me.” Shyvanna was hasty to respond back once he pulled out his thick grizzly hide. She was a dragon after all, but her human form caused many annoyances than being in dragon form, meaning the cold wasn’t as much of a friend of hers. It felt eccentric to be curled up in a blanket next to a man she had just met, let alone the Prince of the Kingdom she stayed away from. Gently she sat down across from him, her knees burrowing into her chest as her chin rested on the kneecaps.

With all due respect, she admired the way he endeavored to loosen up the awkwardness in the stiff air, but she was unskilled with carrying on a conversation. Those flashy hues wondered across his exposed flesh, following each chisel that was carefully carved by hard toil and fortitude. An imperfection grasped her curiosity, a scar on his cheek. He did tell her it was okay to ask whatever she wished, so she opened her lips and asked, “That scar on your cheek, what caused it? It looks painful.” Without noticing her movements, she scooted closer to inspect the well-defined broken pigments of tissue.

“I have one myself.” She revealed. It took her skittish hands a moment to figure out their next move before they naturally stripped away her armor. Daintily her fingers removed her chest piece, showing off what appeared to be an under-armor top, structured like a sports bra. Four long and jagged talon slashes claim her chest, starting at the end of her clavicle and ending just above her navel. Her breath shuddered as she revealed her faultiness, a secret no one knew besides him.

Swallowing a large gulp of air, she skidded her fingertips across the indented scars. “That dragon that we are looking for… he did this to me before slaying my father. He protected me, and what would've happened to me happened to him.” Her head bowed in sorrow, remembering that awful night that would always stay with her. Her pants were soon to follow, another under-armor cloth fitted securely to her feminine shape. Her right hipbone had one deep slash, but it wasn’t as severe as her chest.

“You’re the first person I ever told this to. I felt like if I shared this with you, you wouldn’t feel so alone in your imperfections…”

"I've only the one-- I had not planned on picking up a dragon on my way to slay another." He teased a bit, before a sigh of relaxtion escaped his lips. The ride wasn't too long from where he met her, but from the castle further up from which he descended? It was a bit draining. So this, was a much needed stop. His eyes wouldn't complain either, falling upon the gorgeous curves of the ice dragon in-front of him. Something within had hoped she sat just a bit closer but, he brushed it off.

The mention of his scar though broke him out of mundane thoughts, and a small smile slipped across his lips. "This?..It is caused by a lack of discipline. I'm afraid. Demacia has many enemies. A man called Swain is one of them. He takes command of a crow-- which happened to blind side and, ironically, nearly blind me with a hit. I avoided it just in time to have the beast graze my cheek, but the evidence of my mistake remains there. I don't mind it. It allows me to remember my faults every time I look in a mirror."

She'd scooted closer, and all the same he shifted in her direction, at least until their legs touched. Once she revealed her own scar, and only after the removal of armor which had his eyes naturally glued to her curvaceous and tempting form, did he clue in to what she was saying. The...accidental seduction of her armor removal was a bit much not to focus on.

Though her hesitation was noted, when she began explaining. He said nothing as she contemplated, and bowed her head, but once again her words turned hard to follow once she removed the pants and she was left in all but nothing. He cleared his throat a bit, and his hands extended. "May I?" He'd ask, and if given permission, his fingers would glide over the scar along her chest first, a surprisingly gentle touch from a warrior, feeling each ridge and each imperfection, before they'd lower to her hip, and his fingers would do the same-- only they would remain there, even as his eyes found her own to speak.

"I'm glad you told me this, I feel closer to you, now." He smiled, though he too hesitated in tone a bit. "But my imperfections are not strictly physical. Right now...you unintentionally fill me with thoughts unbefit for a Knight, let alone a prince. Ones of a certain way to provide sure warmth and comfort in our...situation, yet stray from appropriateness." He was not sure she'd pick up on his words' intent or hint, but he spoke them anyway.

He was honest and wasn't ashamed to admit that his scar was from an incident where he was foolish enough to not give it his all. Though, he didn't seem to be too bothered by it. It wasn't anything as large as the marks she bore, but she could easily cover hers where he could not; unless a helmet shielded him.

"It takes courage to admit to your defeats. You learn and grow from it, and I'm more than certain your people adore and admire you for everything." Gingerly she coated her words, tossing an added soft smile his way for a cherry on top.

It caught her off guard that he was willing enough to touch her laceration remnants. Despite the kind gestures she had given him she still was skeptical of his wary touches. Slowly, almost nonexistent, did she give him an approving nod to come hither in her direction. His calloused fingertips were smoothed, grazing her skin as he imagined the pain she went through to be granted her history marks. Shyvanna could only imagine what was going on through his wary head. Once his lingering hand ceased movement on her right hip, she noticed just how stiff she became. A heavy sigh of relief blew out from her lips, the once tensed muscles now limp.

"I'm not understanding where you're coming from?" Shyvanna responded to his statements, unaware of what his true intentions behind his words were. She could only guess it had something to do with the warmth she somehow provided him with. "I've never been this close with someone before, let alone hold a conversation. I've been sheltered and not taught much of the ways normal humans live, since I am not any close to being normal human." This caused her to scoot away, drawing those knees back up towards her chest as her hands overlapped each other to hug them closely. "All I can tell, is that those words sounded sincere and kind, something I don't understand... my body, though, tells me things I have never felt before." She admitted, truly unsure of this newfound feeling.

He should have figured words would be lost in translation, especially since Dragons did not have the same innuendos humans did. At least, not halflings like her. He wondered for a moment if he should phrase it better, or drop the subject all together, but watching her scoot away stung at him. As if his body refused her own's withdrawal, and the warmth that its closeness came with. A small sigh left his nose, and he leaned back on his elbows, legs spread slightly.

The action would put into sight the girth beneath the thin layer of underwear he wore. The man was large and thick enough that the imprint of his length was visible against the lining of the fabric, but he seemed unaware of it. "Closeness like this..." He paused, trying to find the right words to explain what she was feeling, likely, and what his initial words meant. "Between creatures that find each other warm or attractive, breeds desire to...well." He scoffed. "Breed."

He shrugged his shoulders lightly. "While that is neither you or I's current intention, the situation we're in...is quite supportive of that kind of thing. Warmth needed through body heat, a fire, a lack of armor or clothing...I said that I am not perfect, as Knights are expected to be chivalrous and not think of that kind of thing. We slay dragons, usually, not mate with them." He huffed, a frustrated hand rising up to rub at his temples and stroke his own hair.

"But with you...it's different. That's likely that feeling your body is offering you. I doubt you've met a viable male for such a thing before, and the only reason I consider it is because of the ample warmth it'll provide us both. Much more than a fire-- but such a thing requires agreement, from both parties, and.." He paused, eyeing her once more. "Significant closeness." She had scooted back to sit a bit farther, so his comment was aimed at that.

Twisting her head around over her shoulder, Shyvanna listened to what Jarvan had to say. If it wasn't for him clarifying what he truly meant she would've been left in the dark. He wasn't aggravated by her actions, mostly hurt, even she could sense that but didn't understand the foundation of it. A sharp red hue burned her cheeks, aware that he was motioning towards mating from the earlier conversation.

"B-Breeding?!" Her curvaceous figure whipped around to look at him in the irises, her pupils dilated as she understood what he was motioning towards.

"I mean, I understand what you mean by getting closer and keeping each other warm and comfortable for the night, and getting to know each other, but mating? We just met!" She hadn't realized how fast she was talking until she heavily breathed from her nostrils after her speech. He caught her off guard, her heart fluttering and her head muffled by the imaginary clouds blossoming in her confused mind. He was about a good foot away from her, but he still felt so close enough to touch.

"How did you get an idea like that on your mind? Did I do something that provoked you in the human world? I don't remember showing off to you in a dirty way..." she softly spoke, scooting closer towards him gently as he took her introverted side to heart.

Her reaction provoked a bit of a laugh from him, but it wasn't in ill intent-- or at her. She simply got so flustered that it was a bit amusing seeing her react. He figured such a thing wasn't common among dragonkin, so a bit further elboration was needed. He didn't mind though, allowing her to finish her questions and surprise, and calm from talking so fast, before he'd speak some more on what he was thinking.

He did not her scooting closer again though, and he did the same, until they got close enough that their legs touched one another. "Perhaps it is a human thing-- mating and such doesn't always demand exclusivity, or a need to dictate your life to a person. It can be an act of exploration. Something to tame urges, stay warm, explore the other, and it can be left at that. I can't imagine Dragons have the same concept, based on your reaction."

He smiled a bit, a roll of the shoulder following. "But, male humans are aroused by...curves, if you must know." He mused. "And you have...plenty, in all the right places." Another laugh escaped him, but this one was a bit more nervous, as if treading cautiously without trying to offend her, or throw her off the idea all together.

"You needn't do anything dirty, though. I'm not sure you've been told before but...you're actually quite stunningly beautiful, it is hard for a man not to get such an urge." He admitted in a bit of a sigh, raising a hand to rub the back of his neck lightly, and his knee brushed into her own for a bit of friction. "I cannot lie to you. A Knight takes a vow of honesty-- and such is the truth."

It was hard to keep her eyes locked onto his, feeling a seductive tension rise up into the air. Casually she stroked her arm as she listened furthermore into his explanation. She understood what he meant and the point he was getting at, but she still didn't understand why he would be willing to "experiment" with someone he had just met.

"It's all adding up." She responded before he carried on with compliments thrown her way. Her eyes glanced down to see the curved he pointed out, but all she could see was the body she was encased in. Was her curves really that threatening to the male eye? He kept throwing her off course, unknowing where to go with this.

As he would point out her perfection she would glance him over in a new way to point out his own. His chest was alluring, the way his muscles bulged outwards in representation of how hard he worked to get his frame. His arms looked strong and protective, and she would imagine how it felt to be wrapped around in the comfort of his secured arms.

"If you're going to point out my feminine features then I might as well point yours out?" She stated with a raise of her brow. "You're in amazing shape. Look at your arms, your chest. I haven't ever saw anyone like that before, not even your disciples couldn't pull that off. I bet you are in the process of an arranged marriage like those fairy tales?" She wiggled her toes around, touching his own before she met her eyes with his once more.

He darted between one thought after another, trying to find the right words to explain without being overly descriptive or awkward. Though when she proclaimed that it was all adding up to her, a sense of relief fell him over. The last thing he wanted was for her to feel driven off by this, and leave him alone in this cave. They'd made progress to get here and he refused to ruin it, but thankfully, she followed up by a few compliments of her own.

Though he knew she did not just mean them as such. She was simply pointing out facts as he did with her, and the moment their toes touched, it emboldened him to do a bit more. "You flatter me-- but I do take great pride in how I forged myself. Perhaps you do not recognize your own attractiveness to a man because you've never experienced it, but now you know it is particularly difficult to resist." His arm would raise then, curling about her waist. It was an act to test the waters-- if the air of seduction and curiousness in the air was thick enough, it would be allowed, and they'd go further.

The question of arranged marriages had him laughing though, before his eyes met her own. "Yes...I'm afraid, though no marriage has been made official yet. My father provides suitors. Other fathers offering their daughters. It is not something I enjoy-- a woman is a strong creatrue. Females are, generally. They should have a choice. I, should have a choice, but..."

He paused, looking down at her body for a moment, then back up to her, and instinctively he found himself drawing nearer to her, his lips closer to her own than they were a moment before. More dangerously, his cock twitched within the confines of his underwear again. It was visible, this time, at their closeness. "If...you were the one to come, and my father found you to be arranged to me...I doubt I would be able to refuse." He smirked slightly, nervously. "Hypothetically, of course."

"You're right. I've never experienced anything like this before. All of these compliments are newer to me. How I view myself isn't what you noted or pointed out. I'm just, well, me. I'm not trying to prove myself to anyone, heh," she chuckled to herself before carrying on, "I don't have anyone to impress. You're one of the first males I've actually had the pleasure to get close enough with. Everyone else? I'd shoo them away with my differences." She looked up at the ceiling of the cave, wiggling her nose out of nervousness.

"But you... you're different." She exhaled. His hand curved around towards her waist, a movement she caught in her peripheral vision. She was eager to feel how his arms felt around her petite waist, and instead of fighting it she would allow it. His arm was so warm it burned because her flesh was cold. The hotness that was rising probably left her unaware of how cold she truly was on the outside. "You've proven yourself kind to someone like me, and not wanting to slay me like most do. You've actually taken the time to get to know me, and for that, I will be eternally grateful." A tint of maroon splashed against her skin once again. She was not use to pulling out niceness from within her core. Maybe the heart she wore was golden but was incapsulated by a frozen exterior.

"You're joking, right?" She laughed it off, tossing a hand to sway at him like an annoying fly. "My pale skin, some scales scattered against my body... everyone would tell my differences immediately. I'll be killed, or if I'm lucky enough, thrown out of the kingdom." The truth stung her worse than the cold, and she was actually growing sad over this fake scenario. "I would love to get in contact with other humans. Other life. But hatred towards me had caused myself to grow that way..."

There was a sadness to what she was saying. He didn't want to feel sorry for her, but he did feel sympathetic. Her life was hard. Much harder than his own, and it was hard not to recognize it. Or at least, hard not to instantly try and console. Yet she wasn't the type that needed babying. Only listening, and understanding. "You're not the type to need to prove yourself, I get it. Nor was it the case here. I simply wanted to point out some features you might have been missing about yourself. Some...clearly attractive ones."

He smirked there, but his words were paused when she spoke about how different he was, and how differenlty he treated her. It was a bit of an eye opener to her world, at least when it came to experiences with other humans. "Not all my kind can be understanding and patient. Some of them are cruel-- but I struggle to see why someone would brush you off as just a dragon to be hunted down, when you have so much to offer. Power, Heat..." His arm did not just hold where it was, but fingers started to caress at the curve of her hip, and let the friction send tingles up both his spine and her own.

He did laugh when she mentioned how quickly she'd be pointed out, and the swat made him grin quickly. "Oh I know-- Im simply stating that Im not one to brush off the concept of another species as a mate, even if my father wouldn't allow it. You are more worthy than most, if not all, of the women I meet. And that's not just compliment, it is true, I rarely find a female as alluring as you, to me at least." He paused a moment, before he boldly began to shift her a bit closer. "But allow me to show you the contrast between your skin and mine...and the warmth I was talking about before."

Only then, would he shift her up to his lap if she'd allow, until she would either straddle, or drape her legs off to the side of him. It was her call, but either way, both arms would wrap around her now, the strong muscle encasing her in his warmth.

Back
Top Bottom