Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Godzilla: Aftermath

Sigr

Magenta Goon
ESBYI1c.png

Nobody knows where it came from.
Nobody knows why did it stop.
Nobody knows what to do now.

"It was just a matter of hours. What took centuries to build, generations to populate, it was reduced to blistering remains in hours. It came from the sea, and before it hit ground, Twitter had already named it Godzilla, because there is nothing like laughing in the face of destruction. And destruction it came when it raised, mutated, and walked all over the city. It didn't matter what the soldiers did, what they threw at it, as Godzilla seemed impervious to damage and returned any aggression in spades, tearing down buildings with ease. As if it embodied all the monsters of pop culture, as if it was a coalescence of all our fears, Godzilla could vomit fuel, breathe fire and shoot fucking lasers out of the tail. Lasers out of the tail. Fuck me.

Communications are shut down, neighborhoods had been stomped down, tall buildings cut down by lasers, most of downtown is still burning. To the ones still in the rubble, it stopped. Godzilla stopped. I don't know how or why, if it's permanent or temporary, a man made weapon or heavenly reprieve. But it stopped, I've seen it with my own eyes, it's frozen downtown. So if you want to seek refuge, search for your loved ones or just bolt the fuck out of here, maybe now it's the time. Because there is still people there, right? I refuse to believe I'm the only one alive. I can't be alone.

I don't want to be alo-"​
- Unknown man. Last radio transmission heard in the city.

Hello there, people of BMR. This is a group game about the survivors of a rampaging monster in the city and what do they do when the monster stops. I left the city unmentioned, but I guess it could be any big city close to the coast, since when a place and it's people are reduced to dust, the differences blur in the smoke. It could be Los Angeles, it could be Tokyo, maybe Barcelona or perhaps Amsterdam or Sydney. It will depend on the players, and I have no personal preference to be honest.

I can play any kind of characters and have a few ideas that I could use for any gender or orientation, so I'll tend to "fill" the gaps that the other players leave.

nQgGLYk.jpg

So... basically is a post-apocalyptic scenario in which while a few survivors escapes the ruined city, the world watches and prepares for doom... or everything has already been obliterated and the world shivers in fear of what had just happened? (I imagine the latter, as... otherwise will be a stroll outside town...)

Anyway, i could be interested in a group play.

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot. I love the idea of this setting.

Okay I've been out on vacations but I'm back full force. It seems that there are four of us, unless someone drops/joins. As I said I'm versatile when it comes to characters so I can play a character of any kind or orientation. Any ideas of what kind of character do you want to play?

Hmm, there is a multitude of different characters I could play. Though to get the ball rolling, I'm thinking of a straight male in his mid to late 30s, possibly ex-military. This isn't set in stone, however.

I'll probably play a late 20s to early 30s straight woman that worked on an administrative post on the government and watched first line the bureaucracy and poor choices impede a proper evacuation. Now she's looking for her sister in that sea of rubble and ashes. But as I said, I'm willing to fill the gaps if we end of too much of one kind of character.

Well,

While i surely favour female characters, i would not mind using a male one. Depending on the demand as well...

Afterall, in a destroyed city/word, people can just barely struggle to survive or go unleashed and create "kingdoms" (looking at Fallout scenarios)

The game didn't get the momentum I wanted, so I'll repurpose it. Maybe I'll make a different pitch in the future, but for now consider this closed, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom