Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lucky Draw w/Tasinga Nightwolf

UnicornHorn

Mystical Artifact
Harris Blanch gasped when he woke up, opening his eyes as the sun hits his face and his back is sore. There is something oddly wrong about this situation, as all he felt was grass and dirt below him. He moves at his side, groaning as he realized that the air is fairly warm. He isn't numb at least, and he stood up on his feet, and indeed there is dirt underneath his feet. Why is that? He should be in his room, but he tries to think.

There is a jungle, is this a dream? No, it does feel real to him, the sores convinced that. Harris once again tries to walk, and he does have the strength to do so. That is when he realized that he has something strapped on both of his shoulders. It felt like a backpack, and it is fairly heavy. He decides to check it out as he zips it open and finds a note in their first. He begins to read it.

Dear Harris Blanch,

Congratulations! By a special and official lottery, you and another winner has been selected to participate in a experiment sanctioned by our government. Starting today, the experiment begins on Ano Island, a special place that has the necessary bounties of what a person needs; fruit, vegetables, sources of fresh water, and native animals. It is also a breeding ground of the most fantastic creatures that the world has never seen before. They comes in different shapes and sizes, and they are all around you. The experiment is simple, you and the other winner must stay on the island for a year, and survive. If you do that, then you will leave and will be given a heavy reward. Do what you must to live, and keep healthy,

The only rule to know is that you must not kill these creatures, they are highly valuable, and so are you. We have modified your body as carefully as possibly to prepare you, as the creatures has high sex drives, as they see you as a potential mate. Rest assured, that they will not intentionally try to kill you, but be careful always.

Once again, we would like to thank you for participating. Remember, keep healthy, and bear fruit as much as you can!

Harris stared at this letter, what on earth is going on?

To say David Snarch had a headache was putting it mild. Blinking his eyes against the sun a grown left him and he tried covering his face from it, but his limps still felt heavy. Why did they feel heavy? Wait why was he outside? He should have been back home with his dog not outdoors. Did he wonder outside in some kind of sleep walk? Sighing again he forced himself to sit up and when his eyes were no longer blinded by the sun David was stunned to see trees. What the hell?! Moving then he slowly shifted so he was upright with his legs under him now.

Something was by where he had woken up. A simple black backpack of sorts, opening it he started to inspect it and found a letter. Reading it he grew more and more shocked with a mix of horror as he read it. Going over it a second and then a third time David finally yelled into the air. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Having more feeling he started to inspect his body as best he could to finding an odd V shaped scar over his pelvis area. It is red but treated well that only added to the confusion. Breeding? Body Modifications? Survive? This was bad in every way he could think. Carefully he tried walking. He needs to find the other person on the island. "Hello?" He calls repeatedly hoping someone will here him.

He doesn't know why, but Harris folds the letter and puts it in his bag. He wonders what else is in the bag, and he does check. There is a water bottle, a bedding sheet, First aid kid, compass, some kind of small book, and a map of the island. He guess that they helped, but he is scared that he is put into this situation. How did he get here? A special lottery by the government? He doesn't remember such things.

He jumps when he heard a shouting voice, then he remembers that there is another human being. That voice though sounds familiar, and he tries to follow that voice. "Dave?" He shouted, taking a chance. He realized that he is wearing clothes, a T shirt, and blue jeans.

Hearing his name called back David yells again this time. "This way." He knows the voice and it takes him a few moments to register who it is. "Harry!" Granted he knows Harris does not like that nickname, but he calls him it anyway to show he cares and right now David is far from calm so he does not care if Harris is mad. Moving through the trees, eyes darting he finally hits a second path and sees Harris.

"Harris!" He moves over as quickly as he can his body is sore and feels like a truck has hit him from the waist down. "What is going on? Why are you here? Where is here? Did you get a letter too?" The questions fly from his mouth as he tries to still make sense of everything going on.

"Dave? Oh my god!" He is here after all, it made him feel relieved, but it also scared him, he is on this crazy island too? If the letter is true, then he would stay by his side and not make too much noise. "Dave, Dave! Calm down." he tries to hush him, looking around. "Yeah, I got the letter too, but I want to find someplace safe before anything else." He has a map, looking at to see if there is anything that could help them. "I have no clue where we are on this place? Did you see anything?"

Looking at his friend David paused and forcing himself to breath slowly he tried to think of if he had seen anything for a land mark or safety. "Only thing I saw that could at all possibly be a land mark was a rock face with a small water fall like thing. But it was not big. Any clue what the heck is going on?" Leaning forward he groaned a little as whatever pain killer he was on was wearing off and thus making him feel horrid. "Also I have weird scars on my body do you have any?" Meeting Harris' eyes one more time to see if they other even has a clue what he was talking about, which he might not.

Harris flinched, leaning a bit. "Let's just calm down..." He said, then he blinks. "A scar?" Does he have one? He lifts up his shirt, and he found a scar on his stomach. "Oh shit..." This isn't good, what on earth did they do? He remembers that he has a first aid kit. "This may help." He said, as he opens up the kit and they have bandages, gel, rubbing alcohol, bug spray, and indeed pain killers. "Here man, and have some water." He give him at least one pill and other is for him, and takes a sip of water. "How do you feel?"

"Sore like my hips were hit with a car at full speed." Drinking the water David takes the pain killer bore going on. "We need shelter like you said and then try to figure out what is going on, because it make little sense and what does make sense I do not like." Hearing rustling he jumps said. "Better move soon if there are animals here they might see us as a snack." That would be just great, get eaten by some creature on an island who is God knows where. Damn this was not good. "If we follow this path it might lead us somewhere it looks semi man made."

Harris nods, as he just grabs his hand and walks. "Fine fine...let's just follow this road." There is indeed a paved road, which means that there must be manmade structures here. It still kind of stings to move, and looks up to see birds and tree animals. He shook his head, and still kept his eyes on the road until he stops to hear a roar. "Oh my god!" He shivers, it sounds far though, but he wants to pick up the pace. "Come on..." He ushers a bit.

It does pay off though, as they could see a small cabin right there. It does look old though, as it hasn't been used in a long time.

Letting Harris take the lead he says nothing in objection to moving faster when the roar fills the air, because he does not want to know what made that sound. Once they get inside the old building he shuts the door, but cannot find a lock. "Let's hope whatever is out there is not smart enough to open a door." He states and looking at the other. "Alright so now what? What should we deal with first? Are you okay? Do you need something?" David has no clue if he can even help, but he wants to offer so that the other knows he is at least willing to try.

Harris rubs his sore stomach, and find that there is even crafted made furniture here, someone used to live, it is very clear from this whole cabin, and very resourceful. "I am hungry...didn't even pack some food." He frowns as he looks at the small book, and it is a survival book about the island, so it helps. "Do you have the same stuff in you backpack? It comes in handy." He said, as he looks into the book. "I did see some white mushrooms, it says that they are healthy to eat..."

Emptying his bag as well David nods his head. "Yea I got the same stuff well if we do get food and such we should go out together and during the day. I do not like the sound of this letter with animals and beast and breeding. What the fuck do they even mean by breeding?" He lightly crinkles the letter his grip in it is so strong as he feels the panic starting all over but forces himself to not freak out like before again.

"I at least know how to fish...do you know how to hunt?" He asked, but he wished that he has a fishing rod. Harris wonders who was here before them though, he is scared to think that they would be killed. He looks at Dave. He does find a bed, looks to be big enough for two, so they will rest here as thong as they are on this island. "Dave...i am scared, want do you think will happen to us?"

"Rigth now we will survive and get some things in order to stay safe. They said they did not want us dead so we simply need to follow the books. As for fishing and hunting I am good at both. If I have the right tools so here is to hoping we can find what we need right?" David speaks both to help Harris and himself. He does know how to deal with game being his father loved all the out doors like things. It is a matter of cooking he is more rusty with. "Let's look at the map and see if we can find this cabin on it."

That made Harris nod, and look on the map. He doesn't see the cabin on the map, but he does see the lake. It has to be fresh water, so that is a plus. "Its not on the map, I don't see any buildings on the map at all." He pointed out. "Still, this is better than nothing." He said, sighing as he touched his stomach, wincing. There are no glass on the windows, only bambo bars, and he could hear something on the outside, hr doesn't know what it is. He shivers, it sounds more like a cat growling, maybe a big cat.

"Okay how about this. I go look for the river meanwhile you look around this place and see if there is anything like beds, cups... so forth like a normal house. Also you should lay down you did not take a painkiller like I did." David suggest to his friend worried for Harris. "I promise not to leave the path."

"Are you sure you want to go out there? It would be dangerous." He said, as he is concerned, he doesn't want hm gone and leave him alone. He doesn't have any fight in him for long, as he felt tired. "Dave...if you want to...just be careful.." He frowns, leaning trying to be comfortable, it still hurts him. "Aw, I just need to rest, Just give me half an hour."

"Okay get some rest I wont leave until you feel better, but we will need to go find water and food at some point." David tells him and sits down studying the map. He was going to try and memorize some key land marks on it so that when they were out they could use the marks to know where they were.

Harris nods, standing up. "Alright okay. I'm going to try to rest anyway, I just want you to be careful..." He said, as he thankfully found a bed so he could sleep in. Its makeshift, but he doesn't care as he needed to rest. He lay on it, as he found some kind of relief, but still nervous. The weather outside is still sunny, like a paradise island, but there is somethings that are roaming around.

David looks over the map and makes mental notes of it. He does not want to leave Harris alone so he takes the stuff out of the bags and orginizes it as neatly as he can while wondering the Cabin. He finds a shower that runs like a well but the water is clean as for a sink it is more a basin that they can fill and drain the water from an old mirror with some small shelves on either side is above it. He finds that the kitchen has a hole in the roof over the fire pit so if they want to cook something but a small rope if taken off the hook lets it be covered. The kitchen has a larger version of the sink in the bathroom and a lot of counter space. The knives are small but will work for cutting fruits and flaying fish. There are clay dishes and as for the fridge it is more an ice box in the ground so they wont be able to store any meat for long without it going bad. He puts the water on the counter and the small amount of food they do have. He had taken an Homemech class while at the college and he was glad it would pay off. Who thought just having to had a few credits to your school life would ever prove useful? As for the maps he hung one up and the first aid kits he put on in the bathroom like area and the other in a back pack. They had enough food until the day after tomorrow so they would need to go find something today or first thing tomorrow. He started looking to see if there was anything to make a fishing pull.

While Harris is sleeping soundly, something is crawling from the outside quietly, and it slips through the caged window. It actually loos like a centipede, black and thin to slip sideways, but it has the size of a house cat. The thing is silent, and if no one is looking, it creeps along the furniture on the floor, as it crawls right at the sleeping Harris, slipping under his sheets.

David goes to check on Harris moving over and taking some medicine calls. "Harris wake up. You should take one of these anti-biotics so those wounds do not get infected." He moves to the bed.

Harris shivers Waking up to see David. "What?" He yawns, too sleepy to realize that something is up. He felt something, but he ignores it. "Oh uhh...thanks." He said as is about to grabs some. There is that prickly feeling on his back though, kind of like arms are tickly his back. Something is not right here when he froze, He didn't have the heart to even try. "D-David..." he said in a whisper, afraid that something is happening, as he could feel the sheets moving on their own.

David paused at the other saying his name and looking at the bed he then saw the sheets moving. "Oh great...." He curses as well and grabs the blankets saying to Harris. "Stay calm I will get whatever it is off and out." He tosses the blanket back and seeing the ugly creature grabs it trying to carefully removed it.

There is the centipede on his back, latching on him. He cannot see what is on him, just staying still. "Wait...what's on me? What is it?" He asked, as he feels like he might panic if he doesn't find out. The creature clicks it's mandibles, as it moves it's head and grabs the back of his collar, ripping the fabric. "Oh my god..." He whines, but he felt something else pressed on his back, something warm.

Back
Top Bottom