Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

Why not just keep quick connects and long term though? And just make both one bump per day?
People were really happy with those.
They just weren't happy with the bump once every 7 days for long term.

Ok, so this answer isn't why staff didn't do that this is just MY personal view on Long Term and Short Term based on what I saw; To be 100% honest the entire time there was the "Long Term" and "Short Term" sections there was virtually no difference in content. There were a couple that were just 'GIMMIESEX" in Short term and a few "NOSEXATALL" in Long Term but for the most part I didn't see any REAL difference in how the Request Threads were being done.

A lot of people seemed pretty confused on what the actual difference between the two sections were as well, which cropped up more and new problems. Most of the threads I came across could have fit in Long Term and Short Term. With the 2 threads allowed you can have a thread dedicated to smut and one dedicated to not smut and bump both 1 time every 24 hours. Have in the title what each ones dedicated to and its the same basic concept.

EDIT ::

I know a lot of people liked making the many RT's in the Short Term and I will note I was not one of those people so no longer being able to do that has not affected me but I am sorry for the annoyance it has caused people who did enjoy that. And all the changes do get tiresome but changes have to happen good and bad, we were trying to see if there was an easier or more fair way of running the Request Sections and it turned out to be far more trouble so we went back.

Temptationist said:
I'm so confused, are we back to the old bumping rules???
When I click on the link above, I get a post that reads the old rules.
Am I seeing this right???

Edit:

ALL MY THREADS ARE ARCHIVED!?
Dude. Not cool. I'm so confused now. What am I supposed to do with all the short term threads I've made?
Slam them into one post again?

These constant changes are insane.

I must have missed something regarding "constant changes," due to the fact that the only time it's changed in recent history is once back in March this year, and then reverted back to the old ways with a slight addendum a couple of days ago. This is all nicely detailed in the link above, which leads to the current up to date policy. These decisions are not made by staff on a whim.

Correct, all previous threads are currently in archive unless requested by the creating member to be pulled out by staff with green or red names. For the people who have a large quantity of threads that were archived, I would suggest having them all pulled out and closed down so you're able to access them for copy/pasting, or however you need to work it for a multi-post mega-thread or two per section (which must be cleared by staff FIRST, so we don't mistake multi-posts with overbumps).

Temptationist said:
Why not just keep quick connects and long term though? And just make both one bump per day?
People were really happy with those.
They just weren't happy with the bump once every 7 days for long term.

This is effectively what has taken place though? All threads are kept, just in archived and can easily be pulled back out into their respective consolidated section and it's just a blanket 24 hour bump across the board now. So far, almost all of the people I've conversed with are pleased with how things are now, or are indifferent. However, I'm sure some folks are triggered as always. As a roleplayer, I'm indifferent myself.

There will always be a small handful of people that aren't happy, no matter what decisions are made. It's basically damned if we do, damned it we don't. And to backup what Kara posted, there is the fact that the old 7 day short term/long term policy was extraordinarily resource consuming for staff to maintain, even if we would have tripled the manpower due to people unfortunately just not paying attention. So far, this new(reverted) system has been much more management efficient and has allowed us to shift more focus onto more pressing issues for what it's worth.

I'm rather indifferent regarding the bumping policy but I will say that with the old bumping policy, bumping threads felt like a waste since it seemed like my threads were on the 3rd or 4th page within a few hours after things got settled somewhat. Granted I didn't bump all that often but when I did I was actively looking for new rps.

I just think that maybe there should be some sort of balance between new and bumped threads if not have seperate subforums for the two. I do acknowledge that that would bring up new and old problems again but that's just my two cents. I feel the staff is doing great either way with the issue.

Cypherxk2 said:
I'm rather indifferent regarding the bumping policy but I will say that with the old bumping policy, bumping threads felt like a waste since it seemed like my threads were on the 3rd or 4th page within a few hours after things got settled somewhat. Granted I didn't bump all that often but when I did I was actively looking for new rps.

I just think that maybe there should be some sort of balance between new and bumped threads if not have seperate subforums for the two. I do acknowledge that that would bring up new and old problems again but that's just my two cents. I feel the staff is doing great either way with the issue.

It would be impossible to seperate new and bumped threads, because threads that become bumped would have to manually be moved to the right sub-forum, and the Admins and Mods already have more then enough work to do without doing this.

I'm fine with daily, weekly, even monthly if we decide so... But those constant changes are very very difficult to follow. I just came back after a short vacation and was like, what?

RedRose said:
I'm fine with daily, weekly, even monthly if we decide so... But those constant changes are very very difficult to follow. I just came back after a short vacation and was like, what?

Literally me.
I'm on vacation now and none of my threads are online/active because they are archived. I'm going to have to find time to sit down and re-do them all, AGAIN.
I feel your pain.

I might ask for one thread to be pulled out of the archives, but I can't be bothered re-doing everything. I invest a lot of time and thought into my threads. Not doing it again.

You don't have to redo them. Message a red or green name and have them moved.

HeyThereLittleBear said:

You have to take a lot of time to re-do them when you have to slam off of the threads into 1 cohesive request. That's the issue, really.
I now have to make another mega thread by combining 5 or so smaller short term threads.

It's just especially inconvenient since there is an image maximum on each post. My threads are very visual and I use a lot of images (banners, bios, etc.). There's a 12 image max on each post meaning my mega threads normally contain 10-15 posts.

Temptationist said:
HeyThereLittleBear said:

You have to take a lot of time to re-do them when you have to slam off of the threads into 1 cohesive request. That's the issue, really.
I now have to make another mega thread by combining 5 or so smaller short term threads.

It's just especially inconvenient since there is an image maximum on each post. My threads are very visual and I use a lot of images (banners, bios, etc.). There's a 12 image max on each post meaning my mega threads normally contain 10-15 posts.

They might can merge threads. I know other forums have this capability. It doesn't hurt to ask a mod

I still maintain 3 day wait is a good idea.
But to be fair i rarely get new partners and most of them disappear on me without a word, so I'm rather indifferent to the bumping policy.

Chaos said:
But to be fair i rarely get new partners and most of them disappear on me without a word, so I'm rather indifferent to the bumping policy.

i know it happens to everyone so don't feel bad. i know i get busy and have I have let rps drop or or get lost or take a long time. i have others who only reply to me once every 4-5 weeks, and probably a good 50 or more that just stopped in my short time here. Including at least a dozen starters that were agreed on and then written by me and never responded to. Probably more like 20... but it doesnt help to let it get me down, besides im too busy with life

life is what it is , we can't worry about past frustrations we have to look to the future

megyn said:
Chaos said:

i know it happens to everyone so don't feel bad. i know i get busy and have I have let rps drop or or get lost or take a long time. i have others who only reply to me once every 4-5 weeks, and probably a good 50 or more that just stopped in my short time here. Including at least a dozen starters that were agreed on and then written by me and never responded to. Probably more like 20... but it doesnt help to let it get me down, besides im too busy with life

life is what it is , we can't worry about past frustrations we have to look to the future
Oh trust me im VERY used to it by now.
I was just stating it as it is. Thats all.
I also rarely go looking so I accept what I get.
But anyway.

3 days.

I've asked for my threads to be unarchived days ago, but they still haven't been. Could someone please do so when you get a chance?

Miss Lith said:
I've asked for my threads to be unarchived days ago, but they still haven't been. Could someone please do so when you get a chance?

Sorry for the wait sometimes we just get busy. If you pm me links to the threads you would like unarchuved I will do them at some point today. I can't promise you a time because I leave for work soon.

I'm thankful that this was made very prominent on the page when the changes were made, but I wanted to ask if there was a way to put the big text in a collapsible box so those of us who have seen it could minimize it.

Unfortunately, there really isn't, not that I know of. It'll probably be there till everything with this is kind of settled because even with that up we were getting a lot of people who didn't know what was going on with their threads and claimed not to even have noticed the announcement. = x=;

I'm sorry.

Chaos said:
How the hell does someone not notice that?!
If you have to make it bigger I understand.

Believe me. There are people on here who don't know how to read these types of things. There are also people who will read it and immediately go and do the opposite thing. That's why it's still important for regular members to try to be vigilant of others that may be breaking the bumping policy rules or any sort of thing like that. I know the staff loves and appreciates the effort that anyone makes to try and report and find people.

^_^

That was pretty funny. I'd wondered the same thing though and Sam's right about that. And I know from other experience's that some members do notice the announcements but never click on them for the reason of "I don't want to get involved." Smart.

That line of reasoning never made sense to me. x.x;

sailingsam said:
Chaos said:

Believe me. There are people on here who don't know how to read these types of things. There are also people who will read it and immediately go and do the opposite thing. That's why it's still important for regular members to try to be vigilant of others that may be breaking the bumping policy rules or any sort of thing like that. I know the staff loves and appreciates the effort that anyone makes to try and report and find people.

^_^

This reminds me of moderating on Fetlife - I have in BIG RED LETTERS as a sticky "NO PERSONAL ADS" and people still post them.

I'm like "Uh. What?"

"I dont want to get involved?" what? seriously? like?
this is about the general rules and guidelines of the website itself!!
"not getting involved" basically means not coming on the site!!

SithLordOfSnark said:
sailingsam said:
Chaos said:

^_^

This reminds me of moderating on Fetlife - I have in BIG RED LETTERS as a sticky "NO PERSONAL ADS" and people still post them.

I'm like "Uh. What?"
Ah, I dont really look too much at other people's thread. I just try and follow the rules and bump my own and I go play video games until someone wants to RP.

Ah fetlife. i wanted to be active on that but I had no idea how to talk to people or join a group without doing something wrong, so i didn't. >_< sometimes I'm stupid I guess?

Chaos said:
"I dont want to get involved?" what? seriously? like?
this is about the general rules and guidelines of the website itself!!
"not getting involved" basically means not coming on the site!!

SithLordOfSnark said:
sailingsam said:

^_^

I'm like "Uh. What?"
Ah, I dont really look too much at other people's thread. I just try and follow the rules and bump my own and I go play video games until someone wants to RP.

Ah fetlife. i wanted to be active on that but I had no idea how to talk to people or join a group without doing something wrong, so i didn't. >_< sometimes I'm stupid I guess?

Honestly,

I'm not as active on Fet as I used to be, because all the changes they've been making to the site have been annoying, to say the least.

I love what they're doing here on BMR, though, and I think these changes are for the best, and if that means I have to live with that huge ass banner at the top of the site until the Admin's feel they're ready to remove it, that's fine, this is one of the best sites of this nature that I've found, and it's because the Admin's actually give a shit.

Back
Top Bottom