Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

It would've been better if the announcement is announced only to those who bump 35 times a week and make 5 request threads.

I dont really see the negative impact of making the announcement site wide. It lets everyone know so that we are all on the same page. And no one can say later that they didnt know

IIRC, the very first link about the Bumping update was like a good, noticeable size. The second updated link, that was previous, was a really small link that was more subtle/barely noticeable. Which was fine, I noticed it the second time, and read the updated rules.

Now, we got this jumbo one. I fucking love it, it gave me a good chuckle.

little_iveta said:
It would've been better if the announcement is announced only to those who bump 35 times a week and make 5 request threads.

In doing that we would single out people and they would be offended. This way it is a blanket announcement so everyone knows and there is not a way for them to say... "But I didn't see it!" ... "Oh, really?"

Mmm... so big and overpowering...
All jokes aside, it was needed, even if it made me thought I messed something in Firefox when I was still sleepy.

Out of curiosity, how long will that be up? I 100% agree it is necessary, and it doesn't bother me. I am just curious.

(also if it needs to stay up for 3 months to even a year. that is fine.)

Stayin said:
It's gonna be up for as long as we need it to be up.

"The beatings will continue, until morale improves."

quoting this because I 100% agree. sounds good to me!

ONE LONG-TERM ACTIVE THREAD
It's a killer.
I had to slam all of my genre RP threads into one HUGE request thread.
It's ridiculous-looking. :' (

LingeringDesire said:
Why not make a post in one thread for each genre? As long as you let staff know you are editing and not bumping it is alright.

Oh, I've done that.

I have 13 posts.
Because I have pre-made characters with bios and images.
And there is an image display max for each post so I have to break up the posts in order to host all of my images. It really sucks.

I like having a very visual request thread. Even at the expense of simplicity.

Something major needs discussion soon, so taking banner down for nows. >_>

What's the policy on bumping a long-term request due to "update" reasons?
I see a lot of roleplayers breaking the rules and bumping before the 7 days because they have modified/updated/added to their request threads.
It's frustration because by the end of the 7 days I'm normally on page 4 or 5.

Temptationist said:
I see a lot of roleplayers breaking the rules and bumping before the 7 days because they have modified/updated/added to their request threads.

Will reiterate what has been said before and again.

That's against the rules...

they can 'update' and 'add' to their RT by editing their initial posts without bumping.

If you see violators, hit that nifty report button so the global mods and admins can take a look at it and handle it.

The system only works if we all pitch in and make sure that the system runs like a finely tuned machine.

It's working though... and it greatly helps the mods when people are on the lookout for violators as well.

sailingsam said:
Temptationist said:

Will reiterate what has been said before and again.

That's against the rules...

they can 'update' and 'add' to their RT by editing their initial posts without bumping.

If you see violators, hit that nifty report button so the global mods and admins can take a look at it and handle it.

The system only works if we all pitch in and make sure that the system runs like a finely tuned machine.

It's working though... and it greatly helps the mods when people are on the lookout for violators as well.

Awesome! I thought so.
I just wanted to ask again in case my understanding was off.

sailingsam said:
Temptationist said:
Awesome! I thought so.
I just wanted to ask again in case my understanding was off.

Yep. Your understanding isn't off at all.

Thanks for being on the lookout and seeing those people!

I took care of it.
Reported those who were breaking the rules.
Found a couple people with 2-3 separate threads in the Long Term section. :mad:

Are we back to being allowed to have two threads? It's been COMMON in the request threads over the last few days. I reported two people in the male section three or four days ago and they're still up, having moved to the second page naturally without even being locked, and have been reporting people making two threads every day since then. Nothing has been taken down or locked.

Since I'm pretty sure it's not allowed, I'd appreciate seeing some kind of.... movement on this. Or knowing why it's not happening - can mods not do anything if the people ore offline? Being entirely ignored about this hasn't really given me confidence in the general attitude towards rule enforcement.

I apologize for coming off as awful, I'm just the sort of person who likes to see the rules enforced if they're going to be there. And I'm hoping the mods aren't completely swamped by reports of things that are way worse than this, our mods deserve not to have their souls crushed by bad human behavior!

Back
Top Bottom