Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

Karameida said:
I had some that said "PM me" but I've had others comment and tell me the threads too hard to read. And while I don't mind constructive criticism, you couldn't put it in a PM? You had to comment in the thread with red text at the top saying NOT to post in there? e-e;
I've had some bump it which confuses me. I hadn't wanted the thread bumped because I wasn't looking for anything.

Now that I think of it do the rules clarify that the bumper is punished and not the thread's owner when bumped out of line? It might be important so that people don't go bumping threads of people they don't like to get them in trouble.

The worst thing is when people post in your thread if you don't post quickly enough. Most disrespectful thing you can do. same for the bumps. just public criticism in general. Same people that feel unashamed about their short post-length usually.

Gym Rat said:
Although I have occasionally posted in another person's request thread, I much prefer PMs myself. I don't know if most people agree with me on that. Maybe it is "most." It's certainly "some, but not all."

I do know that some people don't. There are people on this site who hate PMs, don't want to try to keep their PMs organized, and tend to miss PMs while instead following up on notifications that their threads have new posts.

I think this rule is overkill, but it's not that big of a deal.

My main point in raising this last night is that this was the biggest new change, and it hadn't been broached at all in this discussion thread. It seems to me that this change is what really needed to be advertised front and center with regards to the policy updates.

Jeufufns said:
Gym Rat said:
You're not allowed to post in somebody else's request thread.

Most people write in their threads "contact me per pm" or something in that direction so I'm surprised that's even thing to start with.

There are far more people who use PM's than threads. Far more.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "advertised more". It was listed in with everything else. It wasn't focused on likely, because most people didn't like comments in their RT anyways for one reason or another. So they dismissed it and focused on other things.

When it became a thing, I dismissed it because I don't comment in peoples request threads and despised when people would comment in mine.

Of course its just conjecture on my part. But none of the new changes were "advertised" more or less than others.

Jeu, no one is punished for things they aren't a part of and everyone is spoken to before anything is decided. If someone posted in your thread, both poster and thread maker will be contacted. Actions won't occur until we speak with both and know the deal. Assumptions are never made. So rest easy. : )

wildwolfking246 said:
I unfortunately didn't even see that the policy had changed to once a week somehow. Sorry for any headaches Angel. :p

I didn't realize how much it changed into later on lol.

Luckily I was still in the terms just had to change my threads around

Karameida said:
Jeufufns said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
This exactly. It is pointless for someone to simply say "PM me." - Are your fingers broken that you can't PM me yourself?

Shows how little they're willing to work for their rps

I had some that said "PM me" but I've had others comment and tell me the threads too hard to read. And while I don't mind constructive criticism, you couldn't put it in a PM? You had to comment in the thread with red text at the top saying NOT to post in there? e-e;
I've had some bump it which confuses me. I hadn't wanted the thread bumped because I wasn't looking for anything.

I think its people fishing for return bumps

Not cool, I usually save my bumps for when I edit/ update or update then Bump. Seriously Who doesn't read back like 8 pages? You never know; you might find a gem that suits you.

darkangel76 said:
Expect major updates soon. People are royally abusing the leeway I've given. Uncool. Consequences will result as will an overhaul of current policy to account for this. Be on the look out. Thank you.

Thank you. Always same threads up top.

what if the banner were linked to the rules instead of this thread... Would that help maybe... unless you want to copy and paste the rules in the very first post on this thread. Sorry, just tossing out ideas...

LingeringDesire said:
what if the banner were linked to the rules instead of this thread... Would that help maybe... unless you want to copy and paste the rules in the very first post on this thread. Sorry, just tossing out ideas...

Agreed

While I understand this topic is very important to the site.
Does the banner need to be so large? It's already in bold print and a red box.

freckled_beauty said:
While I understand this topic is very important to the site.
Does the banner need to be so large? It's already in bold print and a red box.

Because no one is listening and or reading the updates and it is frustrating.

So to answer your question, YES it needs to be that large!

As to my understanding, people often don't read the rules and guidelines. Sometimes they don't even see the smaller Urgent Announcement Box at the top of the page here on the site.

I'd also imagine it's here to stay, and will only get bigger, until people learn to read and to start following the rules. So if we want it to go away, we should police other people just as much as we're policing ourselves.

Then... just then... they might consider downsizing the size of the banner once more.

As soon as we see a significant decrease in reports and nonsense, we may consider shrinking it, or removing it.

Maybe.

Until then, well, we're kinda stuck with the obnoxiousness. :D

Enjoy~

darkangel76 said:
Linking to rules won't help since you can't link to a section of the rules. Better to just copy/paste into here.

I copied and pasted them into your first post with an UPDATED RULES BELOW sign.... Hopefully this helps.

So now, when the banner is clicked, they can read the changes and then they can comment.

I do want to thank the mods for sticking to their guns and working on really enforcing this new rule. I imagine it has to be incredibly aggravating seeing a few users just not getting the rules or caring.

I dunno, DA. I think that the new banner is a little too small... Having difficulty seeing it

;)

Back
Top Bottom