Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bumping Policy

Ya, when I moved to Arizona 7 years ago-ish (i'm back in wisconsin now though after 18+ years) I didn't have much and decided to get back into RP and i was on gaia and someone told me of their small site so I went there but it was clicky as hell and when I found BlueMoon (I forget how) this one chick actually yelled at me even though she refused to post for me.
also strange that she found out.
But anyway. I've been happy hear. 95% of the people I RP with drop me, but I've had a few good ones.

And ya, I'm fine with the banner. what annoys me is the add loads in after the rest of the page and it messes me up when I go to click on stuff. I dont get why no matter how fast your internet is, it always does that. :S

I started RPing on Gaia too. I Rped there for....4? Years. I jumped around from different RPing sites but I didn't stay very long, bout a month at max. Because it was either so small there was no one to RP with or it was one of those PG 13 restrictions which really fucking sucked. Eventually I just typed in a search in Yahoo and found BMR. That was in 2011.

Yeah, I've had SO many people drop me without saying a thing but I've had a lot of fun here too. Had/have some really good RP partners.

ah yes. gaia. when I was a junior in highschool i went on there cause some freshman told me about it, 2004-ish. had a lot of fun but the sight got worse and apparently way worse after I left. I dont think I was on it much after highschool. I got way more into tabletop gaming. Exalted Primarily. I discovered how limited D20 is (although technically you can easily do stat stuff for the system, it's primarily a combat system more then all other aspects.) While D10 system is a lot more middle ground and a lot more focused on the story and the role play and the such. Kills me when I hear only play D&D like I get maybe people don't have time to look around for other systems but there's thousands if not millions of them out there. so many different ones too from themes to dice systems. it's amazing. I did get back into d20 with pathfinder. which is very good, but again, was mostly just a dungeon crawl game for me.
But at the end of 2010 I moved and no longer had any people to game tabletop with (and still dont) and so I went looking for forum RP once more. and found blue moon, and the rest as they say, is history.

Karameida said:
I started RPing on Gaia too. I Rped there for....4? Years. I jumped around from different RPing sites but I didn't stay very long, bout a month at max. Because it was either so small there was no one to RP with or it was one of those PG 13 restrictions which really fucking sucked. Eventually I just typed in a search in Yahoo and found BMR. That was in 2011.

Yeah, I've had SO many people drop me without saying a thing but I've had a lot of fun here too. Had/have some really good RP partners.

I honestly don't even remember where I got my start, but I'm pretty sure it was back in the days when IRC roleplay was a major thing.

I just did forms mostly and some pms. Dont have time for group stuff anymore.
I dont know what IRC is lol

Chaos said:

It's this ghastly thing:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

My my I'm a little too young to remember that era and I'm glad I don't.

Jeufufns said:
Chaos said:

It's this ghastly thing:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

My my I'm a little too young to remember that era and I'm glad I don't.

I don't know how old you are, but damn, you just made me feel old. LOL

I know a couple of people who got their start on IRC. I never really went there. I did go pretty bad when I went into the Yahoo Chatrooms when they were still a thing looking for RP's. X_X; Because of that I do not IM RP anymore. Nope. I've relaxed a little and will RP in PM's now and again but I definitely prefer threads. X.x;

Karameida said:
I know a couple of people who got their start on IRC. I never really went there. I did go pretty bad when I went into the Yahoo Chatrooms when they were still a thing looking for RP's. X_X; Because of that I do not IM RP anymore. Nope. I've relaxed a little and will RP in PM's now and again but I definitely prefer threads. X.x;

I prefer PMs because of my anxiety of not wanting every single person seeing my horrible RP.

But if they become creepy, I know how to block.

SithLordOfSnark said:
Karameida said:

I prefer PMs because of my anxiety of not wanting every single person seeing my horrible RP.

But if they become creepy, I know how to block.

I don't really mind people reeading my stuff. I have gone through posts of mine and nearly died of shame at the thought of anyone reading it but, no one can be perfect and you'll always find ways to improve, as I've learned.
I heavily over-analyze my posts and I generally think I'm a pretty poor writer. I'm pretty sure everyone who writes is like that. I mean that saying is a saying for a reason." We are our own worst critics. "

Even if you arn't the best, you get better with practice. I don't see any reason for someone to feel shame over their abilities. Everyones constantly learning and evolving their own styles, some have just had a lot more practice than others or have an easier time learning than others. Its neither good nor bad on either party, its just a thing.

IRC is still out there? Damnit, I feel *old* now! -plucks out a few grey hairs- I got my start on Yahoo in 1998, then to Gaia (when Yahoo became so overrun with bots and and creeps), then Gaia went the way of the dodo. BMR I actually came via migration from another forum that got shuttered (I along with some other folks were invited here upon BMR's opening in January 2009).

I don't know where I fit in here though. I guess my reputation is destroyed either way. >_< I'm just a weird sort...maybe my fetishes are too tame, or my scenes too realistic. My luck the last year or so has been nil at worst, some plays that get going but then fizzle after a few posts at best.

I'm trying to pick up the remaining pieces and starting fresh, so I'm working behind the scenes mainly on a couple profiles using F-list's system....I find them easier to organize ideas and kinks, editing, adding customs and so on. When done there, I'm going to write up new long-term and short-term requests; this should cover my two maximum allowed. If I have the newest set of rules down pat, I am allowed one bump per-24 hours to each? I'm pondering just alternating (short term one day, long tem the next, etc)

I realize my old requests have been tossed into the archive. Any way to request those archived threads could get deleted? They're very old and outdated and I want them to go poof.

To the admins: It's been crazy I'm sure, but thanks for straightening things out. Hopefully now it's a more permanent 'fix' and the rules are followed.

Temptationist said:
Ah mah gawd

GAIAONLINE LOL

My start as well. Was on there at 11. Started erotica at 13.
Disturbing, I know.

I started looking at kinky bullshit at 10 years old. Fuck me. Don't know when I started with the roleplays though. I had some regular roleplays on the minecraftforum way later and then turned over to erotic at some point. Certainly never got to experience IRC though. Only thing I ever had of that era was yahoo email.

And I think it's good to have some rps on display to show the quality you can make. It always makes me feel uneasy starting something with people I know nothing about in that regard.

And damn, Haruki-sama, starting out barely after I was born XD

Honestly I doubt that being too vanilla is a bad thing here. I'm about as kinky as it gets and I barely get anything to even include half or a quarter of them. It's more that sado-masochism and humiliation is more in than Despacito for some reason.

Jeufufns said:
And damn, Haruki-sama, starting out barely after I was born XD

Honestly I doubt that being too vanilla is a bad thing here. I'm about as kinky as it gets and I barely get anything to even include half or a quarter of them. It's more that sado-masochism and humiliation is more in than Despacito for some reason.

Yeah, I know, sad huh? I have no life! :p
(Kidding. This is just a hobby for me.)

I know vanilla isn't a bad thing. I have some kink in me I just need to better organize my ideas and fantasies. I want to come back out swinging. ^_^

I never heard of Gaia, but I was very young when I started my RP life.

I had a fascination with furries and loved how people created their own, so I joined the Furry Forums. That's how I met likeminded people and I added them on my hotmail MSN. (If you think about it there are a lot of messangers over the years...) they introduced me into role playing. First it was the *insert action here* type (cyber style?) until it turned into literate writing.

I was... 11? I forgot what age I started smut. I remember when someone tried to do it I got flustered and just never responded until I slowly tried it out. My heart raced and I didn't want to get caught or have anyone know my sick habits lol.

I tried some out on IMVU too, and some people I knew jus did it on MSN.

My first ERP sight was HouseofEros. That owner blocked me from the sight because I wouldn't do sexual stuff in real life for him so he made an excuse that I was 16, when at the time I was 18. Then I flocked over here and was skeptical due to that experience but obviously everything worked out!

Ironic said:
I never heard of Gaia, but I was very young when I started my RP life.

I had a fascination with furries and loved how people created their own, so I joined the Furry Forums. That's how I met likeminded people and I added them on my hotmail MSN. (If you think about it there are a lot of messangers over the years...) they introduced me into role playing. First it was the *insert action here* type (cyber style?) until it turned into literate writing.

I was... 11? I forgot what age I started smut. I remember when someone tried to do it I got flustered and just never responded until I slowly tried it out. My heart raced and I didn't want to get caught or have anyone know my sick habits lol.

I tried some out on IMVU too, and some people I knew jus did it on MSN.

My first ERP sight was HouseofEros. That owner blocked me from the sight because I wouldn't do sexual stuff in real life for him so he made an excuse that I was 16, when at the time I was 18. Then I flocked over here and was skeptical due to that experience but obviously everything worked out!

I was never all that concerned about my sick habits strangely enough. I still don't use a private browser XD Reckless inc.

And I had similarly bad experiences with Elliquiy, but turns out the sister site is a lot more sane! Been here for nearly two years. And good that you tell people about that. I was acutally considering visiting house of eros to see how it was, but I certainly won't anymore. Don't have a lot of people to chat about different sites.

Man, fun hearing everyone's history. I did gaia and yahoo IM when I was younger, and when I started this 7 years ago, i was on a site with the initials GP. I despised those people there. I did nothing but waste my time. Blue Moon has been far more successful.
As far as PMs or threads I don't really have a preference, I lean slightly towards threads because it's easier to go back and read through old stuff and I dont have to save sent messages.
but PMs are easier to remember. (I keep my inbox pretty damn clean)
Also it's good to see people's writing before you start with them.

Haruki-sama said:
IRC is still out there? Damnit, I feel *old* now! -plucks out a few grey hairs- I got my start on Yahoo in 1998, then to Gaia (when Yahoo became so overrun with bots and and creeps), then Gaia went the way of the dodo. BMR I actually came via migration from another forum that got shuttered (I along with some other folks were invited here upon BMR's opening in January 2009).

I don't know where I fit in here though. I guess my reputation is destroyed either way. >_< I'm just a weird sort...maybe my fetishes are too tame, or my scenes too realistic. My luck the last year or so has been nil at worst, some plays that get going but then fizzle after a few posts at best.

I'm trying to pick up the remaining pieces and starting fresh, so I'm working behind the scenes mainly on a couple profiles using F-list's system....I find them easier to organize ideas and kinks, editing, adding customs and so on. When done there, I'm going to write up new long-term and short-term requests; this should cover my two maximum allowed. If I have the newest set of rules down pat, I am allowed one bump per-24 hours to each? I'm pondering just alternating (short term one day, long tem the next, etc)

I realize my old requests have been tossed into the archive. Any way to request those archived threads could get deleted? They're very old and outdated and I want them to go poof.

To the admins: It's been crazy I'm sure, but thanks for straightening things out. Hopefully now it's a more permanent 'fix' and the rules are followed.

IRC still exists, but almost all the RP servers are gone. I think the only one still running as a dedicated RP server is DarkMyst.

Ironic said:

That's just creepy. Sorry to hear about this. I was on that site for a very short time.....late 2010-early 2011, then nixed my account because I found it just a bit 'too' limiting for my tastes and interests. I forgot why I joined, but now I have a VERY good reason not to re-register and patronize that place ever again.

Jeufufns said:
And I had similarly bad experiences with Elliquiy, but turns out the sister site.....

This being the sister site. I'm also on Elliquiy, but I've not had such experiences on either. Sucks you had such experiences. Then again I'm not all too active over there. I never got much of the difference between the two. To me on the surface, they're both forum style experiences, though linking to off-site materials (ie: my F-list profiles) here is a bit more laxed, the sister forum is more self-contained.

(aside: Not looking to start forum vs forum debates. Just sharing my experience with various places. All have pros / cons to them and a lot of things are shaped by personal experiences, both good and bad.[/quote])

Haruki-sama said:
Ironic said:

That's just creepy. Sorry to hear about this. I was on that site for a very short time.....late 2010-early 2011, then nixed my account because I found it just a bit 'too' limiting for my tastes and interests. I forgot why I joined, but now I have a VERY good reason not to re-register and patronize that place ever again.

Jeufufns said:
And I had similarly bad experiences with Elliquiy, but turns out the sister site.....

This being the sister site. I'm also on Elliquiy, but I've not had such experiences on either. Sucks you had such experiences. Then again I'm not all too active over there. I never got much of the difference between the two. To me on the surface, they're both forum style experiences, though linking to off-site materials (ie: my F-list profiles) here is a bit more laxed, the sister forum is more self-contained.

(aside: Not looking to start forum vs forum debates. Just sharing my experience with various places. All have pros / cons to them and a lot of things are shaped by personal experiences, both good and bad.
)
[/quote]

HouseEros honestly confused the fuck out of me, so I stopped going there.

Ironic said:

WHATTTTT!?!

I used to be on Eros. I stopped frequenting there because the role players sucked and traffic was low. I'm shocked to hear this though. Disgusting. I'll definitely stay clear.

Jeufufns said:
bad experiences with Elliquiy

I've also had a bad rap with Elliquiy. Like, really bad. As in, got banned years ago for the stupidest reason in E's "trial period" (that period of time where you are blocked from the RP forums and forced to socialize with users while mods decide if you are good enough / elite enough for E...). I ended up getting into a disagreement with a popular user over something totally not related to roleplaying and they rejected my profile because of it. It was truly idiotic. Never tried going back since. If that same process still in place?

I have no relevant personal experience with any other roleplay forum except for BMR here, so I can't really say much about the others. However, I do ask that we keep things civil here on the BMR corner of the internet and try to steer away from any direction that leads to bashing other forums. They run things the way they feel necessary, and we do the same here. If you disagree with their (or our) methodology, that is your business and everyone has their opinion but do stay level headed about things. :)

I started RPing much too young on French forums and chats. Then somehow the quality took a nosedive and I left... only to find this forum and E years later.

Back
Top Bottom