Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unlikely Saviors [-:Haru|Luana:-]

Tika wince when he addressed her. So he wasn't so easily fooled. Damn. She should have stayed put and pretended to be asleep there. Above all else she hadn't wanted it to be awkward for them. So she had seen some morning wood and it was slightly possible she had been in his dreams. No need for alarm right? Tika heaved a little sigh and I curled herself from her attempted hiding spot.

Her lips pressed together and she frowned, wondering just what to say to him. Eventually she waved her hand dismissively. "No reason t'be sorry. Happens to all men, yeah?" She wouldn't mention he had said her name in his sleep. "Didn't hurt me or anythin'. Truth to tell I got up s'ya wouldn't feel odd about it. Backfired through didn't it?" Of anything she didn't want him worried that much about her. Sure it was strange but she was an adult and could handle herself. So what if her fluffums had dreams about her?

"How'bout breakfast then?" She said in an abnormally chipper voice. Anything to get them off that topic. "Got anymore of that pig? Or did ya eat it all?" This time her voice was back to normal, her little smirk returned. Pretending nothing happened was always easier.

Kion was just happy that she didn't seem too upset by it, simply a bit startled. Which made sense. He gave a sigh of relief and then said, "Just glad I didn't hurt you Little One. I'd never forgive myself." he admitted and as she brought up the subject of breakfast he grinned, fangs bared. "Sounds wonderful. I ate all the roast, but we can go to the dining car, or maybe order something here if you like." he offered.

His eyes swept over her and he had to admit she was growing on him more and more. She wasn't pneumafera, but she was kind and adventurous and just the sort of female that he'd seek out on his own. The problem was that they could never be together. It pained him really. He would hurt her, maybe even kill her, if they ever even desired to be together in any way. There were magical ways to help ease such things, but by her own admission, gnomes were not too keen on their own kind, much less any other race. Kion felt his heart sink. Still, he would enjoy their time together, and protect her with his own life, and let her take the sword back to the Eye. She could have the money and it would help her further her own life. He could always get more work, and he was good at what he did.

"Let's go get some food, Little One." he said and opened the door to usher her out. He was going bare chested, but had put on his pants and the hard planes of muscle shifted easily under his skin as he waited on her.

Kion was sweet. He was so worried about hurting her or scaring her. More so hurting she supposed. It was an endearing quality. Though she was more than glad to allow the subject to change. Her own thoughts on the matter were strange. She might need to sort them out before anything else was said. With some luck it wouldn't come up again.

Tika hopped down and straightened her rumpled clothes. "Hold yer gears Fluffums. Girl can't go out lookin' a rumpled mess." Tika dove into her bag and retrieved her comb. Normal a femal gnome would be extremely fastidious about styling her hair. On the road and too broke for waxes Tika just combed out the snarls. She ran her little fingers through her soft hair to ensure it was themed enough before braiding in twin tails on either side. She coiled them up and pinned them to the sides of her head in an almost dwarvish fashion. Satisfied with her appearance she brushed her hands down her clothes once more before leaving the room.

The dining car was surprisingly empty. Tika frowned a little in confusion. The wide windows let in a soft, early morning light. Well that explained that. It was still only a little past sunrise. "Gee, wherever will we sit?" She said with a snarky grin at the lion. The human who greeted them looked mildly surprised a moment before putting on a simpering smile. "A pleasure to serve. Rumors have...made their rounds. Anything you like." Tika's head tilted. She almost couldn't believe how well the royalty rise worked. Biggins were so stupid. She gave a scrambling hop to get into a seat though if she stayed seated the table was a little tall for her. "A taller chair for one," she said with a dignified sniff. "Fruit, bread, and cheese if you please. Kion?" She waved her hand imperiously to the lion for him to order. Likely another entire boat or something.

Kion chuckled as Tika insisted on looking 'just so' before going out. It was nice, and of course she had to keep up appearances. "Gears held, Your Highness." he told her and watched as she straightened her hair and clothing. He had to turn his gaze away from her though, as his eyes strayed over her form. Though her clothes were not revealing in the least his mind undressed her, and he felt sudden shame and embarrassment.

Soon they were on their way to the dining car, which was surprisingly devoid of people. Tika kept up her role, as did Kion, and he was glad her little ploy had worked. As she ordered her breakfast he asked, "I'll have some ham and sausage, bacon and some eggs. Some mead to wash it all down with." he said, and as the man moved away to get their order Kion looked over at Tika. "You plan to milk this for all its worth, yes?" he said, though it wasn't an accusation, and he was smiling.

"Once we get back to the cabin we should perhaps discuss our next course of action. Once we land, do you have a particular plan?" he asked her.

Back
Top Bottom