Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Surprise For Brother (greenandgold x randomname98766789) [Closed Thread]

greenandgold

Supernova
Rebecca "Becky" Carver rolled over in her bed and opened her eyes one Friday morning. She was glad that it was the weekend and her work day would be a short one. She worked as a personal assistant to a lawyer at the biggest, most successful law-firm in town. Her boss, Oliver Dawson, was leaving to go on vacation, so he only needed her for about 5 hours this morning which was great. Rebecca would go to work, take care of any filing or errands Mr. Dawson needed, and then she would go back home and get some rest. She had a lot on her mind.

Two months ago, she had been set up on a blind internet date and it had ended up being with her brother. They had laughed about it, hung out together for a few hours, gotten drunk and then slept together. Many times that night and most of the following day, before she had had to go home the next night to prepare for her work day. And now, here she was two months later, pregnant. With her brother's baby. Last night had been the hardest night of her life when she told him that she was pregnant.

It had been such a surprise to her, that she chose not to stick around after she had dropped the news. Before her brother could respond, Rebecca had grabbed her purse and keys and gone back home. She needed to get her head together about this. Obviously this had to be kept quiet.

RE: A Surprise For Brother (greenandgold x randomname98766789)

Tyler Carver was a clinical psychologist. Some might argue he had a condition that needed treatment. He had always been attracted to his sister, secretly. Then, they were set up on a random blind date but just went with it. It led to drinks and repressed feelings and a night of confusion. They had sex and of course, his sister Becky was pregnant. She broke the news last night. This was awful. What were they going to do? Were they having the baby? Who were they telling? How did they raise a child? Should they pretend like it’s not his?

A sleepless night after countless missed calls left Tyler upset and exhausted but unable to sleep. Tyler called in sick to work this morning, letting his colleague Dr. Hendricks know that she was taking care of some patients today for him. He was unable to focus and he was pissed that Becky ignored his calls and left before they could talk. He had to go see her this morning. He did not care if she was working this morning. The male had been sick to his stomach with worry and anger. He wanted to at least talk to her about this.

It was about thirty minutes before the woman left for work when Tyler showed up. He marched right up to the door wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans, just some casual wear for an early spring day before banging on the door and ringing the doorbell. “I know you’re in there, Becky! You can’t avoid me forever!”

She pulled open the door, if only to get her brother to stop banging on it and ringing the doorbell. "Are you out of your mind?" Rebecca hissed at him. She grabbed one of Tyler's hands and yanked him inside of her house, glanced around to check that he hadn't woken any of her neighbors, and then shut the door and turned to face him. She had been in the process of getting dressed for work when he arrived. "It's 5 o 'clock in the morning! Why the hell are you here?" It was a useless question. She knew why he had shown up. But damn, it was too early for this.

Rebecca had a black bra on with a black and silver shirt over it. She had one black and silver triangle earring in her ear. She left her brother in the living room and walked back into her bedroom to keep getting dressed. She slipped on her black leather pants and slipped her other earring in. Her blonde hair was already dry and cascaded down her shoulders and over
her breasts. Rebecca slipped on her black strappy heels and then got up and grabbed her keys. She walked back into the living room and faced her brother. "You need to calm down.
This isn't a big deal."

Tyler nearly scoffed at how useless this was. “This isn’t a big deal? You’re right. The fact that another human being produced from my fucking semen is growing inside of your belly isn’t a big deal. Are you out of your damn mind, Becky? What is wrong with you? Do you think it’s going to way? I don’t care if you had plans this morning. I don’t care if you had work. We’re dealing with this shit right now. You are not going to keep ignoring me. I will not allow that.” He was getting pissed off now. It was actually rare for Tyler to get pissed off but this was a special occasion for sure.

“I knew I should have fucking left when I saw it was you. But no, we had to get some drinks and play along with it. What the fuck is wrong with us?” He muttered, also unlike him to curse so often. “Tell me, are you sure you’re pregnant? Did you check twice? Are you sure it’s mine?” He wanted to be sure that this was not a mistake. If there was someone elsein her life that it could be, then that was great. If not, then they were both screwed and he needed to know something.

Rebecca wasn't in the mood to deal with her brother's freak out. She got right in his face and said seriously, dangerously: "If you ever curse at me again, I'll punch you. I know that you're shocked and surprised and freaking out, but don't ever talk to me like that again, or you won't like what happens. Me punching you will be the least of it." She listened to him
talk and her expression darkened with each word. "You won't allow it? Who the hell do you think you are?" Rebecca demanded, getting angry. She sighed when he asked if she was
sure she was pregnant.

"Yes, I'm sure. Yes, I checked 4 different times." His next words caused her to slap him across the face with some strength behind the slap. And the action wasn't gentle at all. "And no, it's not a big deal. You don't have to be involved. In fact, you can leave right now and just forget I ever mentioned it. Get out," Rebecca told Tyler a moment later. She could literally feel her blood pressure rise, that's how angry she was.

Tempers were flaring. Tyler hardly believed that his sister actually slapped him. How could she have the gumption to do something like this? His nostrils flared up and he clenched his fists together, staring at this woman with a heated anger. “What did you just say? That I can forget about it? If that’s what you wanted, Becky, you should have never told me. What did you expect? Did you just expect me not to care? You didn’t answer my question. Are you sure it’s mine? Are you active with anyone else?”

She did not answer it but Tyler hoped to God that she was. What they had was a one time thing and a huge mistake. This was so unfair that she got pregnant. “I’m not leaving, Rebecca. If you want me gone, then you’re going to talk to me like a civilized person. Either that, or you’re going to shoot me because I’m not leaving. This is not something that can wait. I don’t care what you think. We have to deal with this right now.” Tyler muttered lowly, his eyes still fierce and his breathing ragged.

"Look, you needed to know. This is too important for me to keep it from you. And I didn't want you to accuse me of hiding it or lying later on. So I told you. And yes, I'm positive that the baby's yours. I haven't slept with anyone else in a year, Tyler!" Rebecca said, and she tried to force away the embarrassment that admitting it caused. "We aren't 'dealing' with anything. You've made your position clear, and that's fine. But I'm not aborting this baby or putting them up for adoption. I didn't even think that I could have children in the first place, and now that I'm pregnant, I won't let anything happen to this baby."

"You can get angry all you want, but I'm not going to change my mind. I spent the last 9 years thinking that I'd never get pregnant and have a family, because of some misdiagnosis some doctor gave me when I was 13. So, I don't care what you say or do. I'm keeping this baby. You can hate me, or stop talking to me. Fine, but that's on you. I did my duty to you by telling you. Whatever you do next is on your head and your head only."

Tyler realized he was reacting poorly. Well, it was just a surprise. He was never this volatile or angry with anyone, much less his sister. Hearing about the misdiagnosis when she was thirteen. He actually never knew about this and it made the male frown and feel horrible about what he did and what he said. The male simply looked away and took a few seconds to focus on his breathing. When he finally started calming down, he turned to look at his sister, offering her an apologetic look. The male took a deep breath and tried to start talking in a calm manner again.

“That’s not what I meant, Becky. I didn’t say we should give it up to adoption or abort it. I just want to talk to you about it. I wanted to talk last night but you left. You’re not the only person this effects. Please, don’t go into work. I promise to listen to you and not be a jerk. I’m sorry that I came here cursing at you. I’m just shocked and I don’t know what’s going on.” The male admitted and shrugged his shoulders before leaning back against the wall, waiting for her next response. He just wanted to know where they went from here. It was not the kind of thing that you could just ignore though. He needed answers and he needed them now.

Rebecca caught the apologetic look on Tyler's face and nodded, letting her brother know without words that she'd forgiven him. He hadn't know about her misdiagnosis. No one had. 9 years ago, she'd started having cramps outside of the time she was on her period. Within a month of her 13th birthday, they had gotten so bad that she'd seen a doctor about it. They'd run a battery of tests and in the end, said that she had endometriosis. The symptoms she had been experiencing had fit the diagnosis. Pelvic pain on a regular basis, that had worsened during her time of the month, extreme pain during sex, pain when she used the restroom.

It was all there. And tons of tests had been run. And so for 9 years, Rebecca had just taken that doctor by his word. She'd never gotten a second or third opinion. She hadn't seen the point, and hadn't told her parents or anyone else. Had just sucked up the pain and acted like it wasn't happening. "I left last night because I was freaking out. I could feel the beginning
of a panic attack coming on and wanted to deal with it in private." Rebecca accepted her brother's apology and then resumed speaking. "Okay, you can talk and I'll listen. Let me just
call my boss and tell him I won't be able to come in today."

A few moments later, she left the living room and dropped her keys on the bedside table. She picked up her phone, called her boss and said that she was sick and wouldn't be able to show up. After getting the okay from her boss, him saying that he hoped she felt better, and that he was gonna leave early since she wasn't coming in, Rebecca hung up, kicked her
shoes off and went back into the living room.

Tyler had been granted an opportunity to calm down after watching Becky leave and call her boss. The male thanked her quietly before taking his own seat inside the living room. He slumped against the couch and blankly stared at the wall. It was a miracle that she had this baby and thinking for one second that she should give it up was the dumbest thought he had. Now, Tyler realized that. Was she open to him being in the baby’s life? Did she want him around anymore? Did she care what people thought if they knew? These were the main questions he had.

Once she sat down and called into work, his eyes flickered over hers. It was his chance to say his peace so he started going now. “Rebecca, first of all I am so sorry that you thought you could not have children. I can’t imagine how horrible of a feeling it was. I am also sorry that I suggested we deal with it> We both knew what I meant by that and that was the wrong thing for me to ask. I know you want to keep the baby. What I want to know now is what happens after this birth is over? I mean, I know you’re raising the baby. Do you want me around? If so, do you want me around as just your brother or are you going to hide that I’m the father?”

It seemed logical to go with the latter. “It’s probably best that if we hide it. If we don’t, there’s no way that you can find a man for your future. I’d love to be involved but not if it costs you possible relationships and a chance at love. I think we can figure out something where nobody knows.” He could not think of why she would want that to be known but if she did, it was her chance to tell him now.

Once Rebecca was sure that Tyler was done speaking, she started to speak. "Thank you for saying that. It means a lot to me. And I get it. You were terrified. Rightly so. Probably still are. I am, too. But I've already decided to keep it. What happens once the baby's born is up to you to decide what you're willing to deal with. I want you to be involved as much or as little in the baby's life as you feel comfortable with, in whatever capacity you're comfortable with. As for keeping it quiet because of a relationship, that's not a good enough reason. At least not for me."

"I'm not dating, and I don't plan to resume doing so any time soon. But if we decide to keep this quiet, it's so that we can both stay out of jail. Not because we're afraid of what a stranger from a nonexistent future relationship might or might not do or say. It's stupid to worry about that right now. We've already got enough to deal with currently. For now, we're just gonna keep my pregnancy between us. When I start to show more, we can figure out what to tell Mom and Dad, and anyone else that asks, at that time. If worst comes to worst, I'll just say that I slept with some random and didn't use protection."

"My reputation can take the hit. Yours can't, if this gets out. You'd lose your license and probably be falsely accused of rape. And I don't want that to happen."

Tyler understood where Rebecca was coming from. He decided that she was correct. Future relationships were not that important. He just wondered if it was imperative to Rebecca but they had better reasons. As a psychologist, his reputation would be ruined and he would lose clients and accused of rape like she said. There were so many things that would go wrong. Incest was still seen as such a wrong thing to do. Ironically, he had seen his share of clients that see him because of incestuous thoughts. Never did he think he would have gotten to this point when talking to the clients.

“Okay. I think you’re right. On the outside, I can just appear like a helpful brother. We have always been close so I don’t think it’s that unusual for us to be seen together often or taking a big part in each other’s life.” Even before this during college when he was away, she was eager to see him when he returned as young as she was. Not long ago, she was in college and he had started his life, always checking in. Plus, there were so many things she called him about over their parents since he understood her better sometimes.

“What about when we are alone?” He asked softly, glancing toward Rebecca. He did not know how he felt though he assumed it was a one-time deal that just happened and that was it. He would be remiss if he said that he did not have a good time. That was a lie. He actually remembered enjoying himself despite the drunk state.

Rebecca was glad when Tyler agreed with her without a fight. When he mentioned what they would do when they were alone, she shrugged. She hadn't really thought about that. "What do want to happen when we're alone?" This wasn't just about her. He was involved. Their baby was involved. Whatever happened, they had to be careful so that no one found out. "When we're alone, you can touch me. You know, when I'm bigger and showing more. I know that some men like to touch their wife's or girlfriend's stomach a lot, and that it also turns them on, though I don't really get why."

"As for my doctor's visit's, I don't think that it would be wise for you to attend many, if you were planning on attending any at all. It would look strange for my brother to show up to my pregnancy doctor's exams. Especially when it gets to the gross stuff. But if you come along every now and then we could say it was for support. You know, since I'm a 'single mother'." She said and used air quotes over the last part. After she spoke, Rebecca fell silent and moved to sit on the couch. She had been standing and pacing this whole time, but finally decided to sit down and try to relax.

Finally, Tyler reached one hand over to the couch and wrapped a hand lightly around her wrist. “Okay. I’ll visit the doctor exams occasionally. When we are alone, I don’t know exactly what I want yet. I have to do some thinking on it. This is all so fast. But I do know is that I have always wanted a child. I have always wanted a family. When we go through this, we are going through this together. I promise to be with you as often as I can, as often as we can be seen together. Even if it means coming clean later, I am willing to do that even if it costs me my career.” This was a big statement but it showed how serious Tyler was.

He pulled back from her arm and sighed softly, just watching her closely. “This wasn’t how I ever invisioned it but things change, right? I want us to make the best of it. I won’t fight or argue with you. We can work together.” He whispered quietly, hoping there was some way around it. “God, Mom and Dad would disown us.” He spoke, laughing in a mixture of sadness and disbelief. “They had always been down my throat, asking when I was going to settle down since I’m getting to thirty.”

Rebecca felt it when Tyler wrapped a hand lightly around her wrist. She looked up and met his eyes after the action. She nodded at his words about the doctor's visit's. "And the one's you don't go to, I'll tell you everything that happened and what was said," She promised him. Rebecca made a face when Tyler mentioned giving up his career. "You're not gonna do that, Ty. I won't let you. If I even get a hint of you about to sabotage yourself, I'll leave town and you won't have any idea where I've gone. So don't even think about screwing your life up. Not for me."

He kept talking and she interrupted him. "We're gonna fight, and we're gonna argue. We're both hardheaded and stubborn as hell. We'll just have to figure out how to compromise." When Tyler said that their parents were going to disown them, she got up and hugged him tightly. "We're gonna be okay, Ty." He talked about their parents aways nagging him to settle down and she shrugged. "Well, you know that saying. Be careful what you wish for. It certainly applies to them now. Even though they don't know it yet."

Actually, Tyler felt much better now that he talked with Rebecca and kept calm while they had a civilized conversation. Slowly, he nodded his head and just relaxed into the hug, his chin resting on her shoulder before releasing her as they both sunk back into the couch. “You’re right about it all, Rebecca. We just have to take this one day at a time but I promise you to be here as often as I can.” And if Tyler made a promise to someone, he kept it. He always did. That was his big life moral commitment he made to himself and to people he loved. He never said that he promised something unless he meant it.

“So, it’s early and we should eat some breakfast. Do you want to go out somewhere? Or should we just cook together?” He asked, needing a break from talking about this. They had a pretty good outline and idea of how this was going to go so far. He figured it would do them well to get something to eat for the day and then figure out what to do from there. Besides, even if they went out to eat, there was nothing wrong with siblings sharing breakfast.

"There's one more thing I want to put out there. I'm considering moving into your neighborhood. Is that gonna be a problem? I've been checking around because I'm ready to move, have been for a while. And there's a nice house at the end of your block that I can afford, if I can convince them to lower the price $3,000. I have a couple thousand saved for a new place. But I don't want to use all of my money. And before you even think it much less mention it, I'm not taking any of your money. So save your breath. And if you try and be sneaky and put an offer on the house behind my back, I'll hurt you."

A few moments later, Rebecca motioned for her brother to remain seated and she got up once more. "We don't need to go out. It's fine. I'll cook. What are you hungry for?" She called out as she headed to the kitchen a few moments later.

Tyler ensured Rebecca that there was nothing wrong with moving into his neighborhood. In fact, he was intending to offer the remaining money as a gift before she shut him down. His job granted him with plenty of cash, especially for just one person. Thankfully, that was going to come in handy now that they were having a child together. He would not argue with her for now but he would not let her buy everything in the future. He would help with many things.

As she left, he chuckled softly and just watched her walk into the kitchen. “Pancakes, if you have any. Maybe some scrambled eggs? I can help if you want Becky. Just yell for me.” He said with a soft smile. His mood had increased from earlier and he felt much better, hoping that his sister did too. For now, he just relaxed against the couch and scrolled through his phone, waiting for breakfast to be prepared or for Rebecca to call for his help.

"Pancakes, eggs, and waffles coming up." Rebecca said and she moved around the kitchen, pulling down food and bowls that she'd need to make their breakfast. "I'm fine, I don't need any help. Just text your associate or partner and see how your patients are doing. I know you're worried about them, with you missing a day." She moved around the kitchen with ease, though her mind was elsewhere. What were they going to do when their child was older? Would they tell him or her the truth? Would they stay in town and raise this baby, or would they move somewhere where no one knew them?

There was always the option of them being chickens and leaving town, finding a place that didn't have laws against incest. Or they could even get married, if that's what they both wanted, and this way no one would ask why they had the same last name.. Woah! She needed to calm the hell down. She was getting ahead of herself and getting strange ideas. Marriage? They weren't even together for crying out loud! What the hell was wrong with her? A little while later, the food was finished. The entire house smelled of the aroma of
the food.

She carried everything to the table and called for her brother. "Time to eat, Ty. Put the phone away for now. You can check on more of your patients after you've eaten."

Indeed, Tyler worried about his patients. He cared about them, wanting to truly help each and every patient get better. It was not about the money to him. There was nothing more valuable than seeing a client overcome a severe disorder and maintain a healthy lifestyle Already, Tyler was becoming a successful psychologist because of how hard he worked and how much he cared. The male texted his associate and found his patients were doing well so far. Nobody had called with emergencies and they were opening up for the day.
His mind actually wandered far from the discussion at hand, thinking about his patient list today. It was a loaded day, as always. He hoped the best for everyone today, as always. When Rebecca called him for breakfast, the male pocketed his cell phone and approached the kitchen. When he reached the dining room, Tyler smiled at his sister and thanked her for the meal.

“Thank you, Sis. It smells delicious. I am sure it will taste delicious, too. I’m happy we could do this.” He whispered, walking past her and taking his seat. Immediately, he dug into the pancakes and then bit into the bacon. He gave her moans of approval and kind words about her cooking. After a few bites, though, he wanted to bring something back into the conversation from earlier.

“You know I can pay the last few thousand dollars for that house, right? We’re raising a child together. You can’t make me not pay for anything if that’s what you intend.”

"You're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying the breakfast." Rebecca said, as she ate a few bites herself. "Me too. We don't spend enough time together as it is." She paused after the words cleared her lips. "You know what I mean, hanging out and stuff." Rebecca said, not wanting to make things more awkward between them. She had taken another bite right as Tyler spoke again. Rebecca choked on the bite she had taken, drank some water and then cleared her throat. "Thank you, but I want to pay for the house myself. Besides, you'll pay plenty enough over the next few months," she said and laughed. "Pay in sweat and time. I'm gonna be calling you to put together the crib, the changing table, the car seat, and the high chair. So, trust me, you'll get to feel plenty useful."

“Good. I really do want to help. I promise you, I will be here by your side.” Tyler whispered, deciding to reach his hand over the table and gently grab her hand. “I know our situation is… different. There’s really no book on parenting in the first place, much less in our situation. I’m going to be the best father I can and best brother I can for you at the same time. Please, call me at any hour when you need me. Even if I’m at work. I will do my damn best to make sure I get out in time.” He promised her, squeezing her hand again. “And yes, we can definitely hang out more. I am not opposed to that.” He spoke, smiling back at her showing she did nothing to make this more awkward. That was pretty much impossible.

Rebecca nodded at her brother's words, and when he reached out a hand to take one of hers, she let him. "Different? That's a nice way of putting it," she said and laughed softly. She squeezed his hand back when he squeezed hers. "Thank you, for everything you've just said. I know that you weren't expecting to ever be reminded of that weekend. And... if at any
time you change your mind and want to bail because this is too weird... I won't hold it against you." She finished what she had to say, and then resumed eating her breakfast.

“Don’t say that, Rebecca. This is my child, too. I’m not just leaving him or her, or you. You have nothing to worry about.” He whispered lowly, keeping his eyes locked with his sister so she knew how sincere he was. He was not going to run from this. He did not run from his problems so he was going to face them with Rebecca. “We’ll get through this together. I know we will.” Tyler assured her before releasing her hand this time just keeping close to her while he ate his breakfast, not feeling so bad about this new situation now.

"You always know just what I need to hear, Ty." Rebecca said and gave him a small smile. When he released her hand, she moved it back across the table to her side, and resumed eating. Silence remained between the two of them for a while as they ate. There was no more arguing and fighting and for that, she was grateful. Rebecca hated when she fought
with her brother. They finished their breakfast and then cleaned up the kitchen together. Once that was done, she invited Tyler to stay for a while and watch a movie with her.

<><><><><>

--Time Skip-- 2 months later...

2 months later, she had moved into the house at the end of Tyler's street. All of her belongings were moved into the house and the big furniture was set up for immediate use. All
Rebecca had to do was unpack boxes, which she planned to eventually do. She had gone out and bought the crib, high chair, and changing table for the baby. She had ordered it to
be shipped to her door and all of it had just arrived that morning. Rebecca had called Tyler and told him that the items were in and asked if he could stop by later when he had time,
and help her put them together.

After the call, she had laid down on the couch and closed her eyes. Planned to nap for just a few minutes. She had given him a key to her new place, so that it would be easier
for him to stop by any time he needed or wanted to. Rebecca had finally told their parents that she was pregnant and had given them the story about being pregnant for some
random guy. She had gone over for dinner last night, as they had been upset about not seeing either her or Tyler in a while. Their parents hadn't taken the news well and she'd
eventually just left when they started to yell and question what she was doing with her life.

Their mother had gone on and on about her tracking down the father and marrying him, because she was afraid of what a knocked up unwed daughter would do to their family's reputation. Rebecca had just stared at her in shock, and then she'd walked out, their father's voice in the background asking who the guy was so that he could knock his teeth out.
All in all, it hadn't been one of the more pleasant visits. And because of that, Rebecca hadn't slept well the night before. Which is what now led to her falling asleep on the couch
after calling Tyler.

Back
Top Bottom