Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dark Knight Rises (FavoredFox)

Nexii

Super-Earth
Auspex N`Mar panted in the hot daytime sun. The light strained his eyes, though not as much as the heat did on his black adamantite armor. He had to flee from his assailants just a little further. Ahead was a farmstead where his tactical mind surmised he could take a stand. Yes, in the doorway of the barn he could fight his pursuers one at a time rather than be surrounded. That was if the one with the burning torch didn't just burn the barn to the ground. With his sword in hand, feeling so heavy almost as to be useless, he plodded on and jumped over the wooden fence. It seemed to be in a state of disrepair, and he felt that the place must be long abandoned.

"Abandoned..." Was exactly how he felt as he murmured that word to himself, stepping into the barn. He took a moment to reminisce how quickly he had gone from being among the elite to running for his life. It had started when his Spider Queen Lloth had asked him to slay some heretics for her. He didn't feel any sense morality about the task, but rather felt himself above doing dirty work even for his Goddess. For his arrogance, the entire House N`Mar had been cut off from the Goddess. Thus he and his allies were left without the use of dark magic. He had no time to reconsider by the time his House had been easily conquered by rivals. And so he had fled to the alien surface world, where his kind was almost universally despised for the lack of mercy they felt others were owed.

But none of that mattered in the least now. He didn't give a damn about the fate of his own kind nor to see them again. Only his own life mattered. His pointed ears perked up as he heard the small group of humans approaching, still far in the distance. The drow had keen senses, well suited to the bleak underground, but up here the sheer amount of stimulation could also be overwhelming. He closed his red eyes and rested for the battle he felt was to come. Either way it went, he knew he wouldn't have to run or flee for much longer.

"Con sarn'it!" The exclamation was coupled with an angry kick to the wooden, rickety old stable door that was now hanging from one hinge; the extra trauma of the attack was all it needed to fall off completely. It collapsed onto the dusty ground, kicking up stray bits of hay and dirt that got caught in the blond woman's overalls. A groan slid passed chapped lips, and Izabelle hunched her shoulder in exasperation. A hammer was now held loosely in her hand, and was dropped unceremoniously into the tool box beside her. Those lips pulled into a frown as she looked over the stall; the wood was run down and splintered and cobwebs decorated the corners. What was once crisp, white pain now flaked off in chips of crummy browns and greys.

She crouched down, lifted the board, and dropped it again. "Dang it Izzy, what'dya get yerself into?" The answer was easy, and one she'd never regret... even if she failed terribly and everything went to hell. After her Uncle's passing, she just had to take it over. She couldn't watch her child hood home get 'dozed into the ground; but, Uncle Blue had left it in complete and utter shambles. As hard working as she was, she was still just one young woman trying to rebuild and ranch from nearly the ground up.

A drimy hand lifted and rubbed over her right cheek and across her forehead to wipe away the sweat built up but repair work and the stuffy heat of the barn. Izzy perked her head up curiously as the sound of clanking metal caught her attention. "What in tarnation?" the woman murmured, standing to peek behind a stack of rotting hay bales to find... "What on Earth are ya'll?" After a moment she added, "Doin' in mah barn?"

Auspex's long, dark ears flickered to the her direction. He'd been so intent on tracking his assailants that he hadn't heard Isabella working and then approaching.

"Your barn?" He stifled a laugh, biting his lip down under his visor. The place was barely what one could consider a home. Yet, at least this girl had a home. For the past two weeks he'd been forced to sleep outside on the ground. Even living in squalor seemed preferable to what he had been enduring. "Oh...you actually live here." His voice was a strange exotic mixture, and obviously not human. Eloquent and melodic, yet sharp and hardened from decades of dark service. By her lack of immediate response, he figured she might not understand what he was, given he was clad from head to toe in armor.

"I must apologize for the trouble, miss. My name is Auspex N`'Mar and I am a drow knight. That means some of your kind would rather see me hang. Surely you must understand what it feels like to be up against the world on your own?" His fingers grasped his black sword tighter. He gave a long sigh, wishing to have his dark powers back again. But that wasn't going to happen. He'd have to form a plan quickly, but it would all depend on whether she had a shred of sympathy for him. If there was one thing he'd learned, it was that humans varied from treating drow dubiously to outright hatred.

The frown on her face came with her arms crossing under the slight swell of her breasts, the buttons on her overalls clinking slightly. "Yeah, mah barn," she stated with a bit of a snap. His laughter cut her deeply; this was once one of the most profitable and successful ranches in all the land... Now it was little more than a pile of rubble. "It's mah home until ah build up the house again." But he had moved on, and the scowl on her lips faded away with the explanation. "Drow? Ah heard that someplace..." Izzy muttered to herself, then shook her head.

"Well, greetin's Mr. Ah-spek-z." Her attempt at the foreign name was admirable, but still quite the failure. "Ah can't say I understand what it's like ta be chased for a lynchin'," she answered, strolling passed the man to peek her head out from the barn door. Several of the men from the near by village were approaching. "But Ah sure as heckles ain't gonna be the one ta get ya hunged."

Izzy turned around and pointed a ladder on the other side of the barn. It lead up to the loft, which was currently blocked off to the world with heavy sheets. "Hide up there, Ah'll take care a that bunch."

Behind the curtain was a simple sleeping bag, a lantern, a desk covered in schematics and plans, as well as a single cooker in order to heat up the canned food stored in a small stack against the wall.

Auspex nodded affirmatively and without a verbal reply. The blonde country girl seemed earnest enough. He didn't know why she would want to help one such as he, but there was no time to question what her own motives might be. Nor was there time to ask the girl her own name.

The drow inspected the wooden ladder on the other side of the barn. To his relief, it was one of the few items still in reasonably good shape. Upwards he climbed, all 95 pounds of his lithe elven frame. It was a struggle in his heavy armor, given that his unholy strength was no more. But there had been no time to undress - the crowd was only moments away.

With a surge of panic, he reached the top just in time. He crawled behind the sheets and into the obscurity of the loft. He found the area small, though he wasn't claustrophobic in the least. He sat there intently, waiting and listening. Something felt off. He was missing something.

A lump formed in his stomach then as he realized he hadn't taken his sword in the rush! He could see its large black shape, by peering out for just a second behind the sheets. His only form of defense felt so far away. His life was now in her hands.

She watched him hide away, and only just caught sight of the dark creature's sword before her 'guests' arrived. Quickly, Izzy shifted forward, keeping the men from seeing it. "Well howdy ya'll!" She greeted with a bright grin. Two of the five men she could see nearly leaped out of their skin, and their leader; a gruff, older man with an ungroomed beard and wrinkles around his eyes looked her over. His voice was scratchy from constant smoking. "You Blue's girl?" This had her landing her fists on her hips and puffing out her chest with clear pride. "Ah am!" She explained. "Ah just moved in a few nights ago; so, as much's Ah'd 'preciate yer business there ain't much here jus' yet. Gotta fix up all the stables 'fore Ah can board no ponies."

The bearded man scrutinized her with brown, squinting eyes. "We're not here for that, girl." She didn't like the way he'd said that. Liked even less the wandering of his eyes over her lithe form. While the overalls were baggy, the shirt beneath it was little more than a bra. It gave him more than enough skin to caress in his mind. Izabelle cleared her throat loudly. "Then what can Ah help you folks with?" He jumped out of his lustful gaze, and once more his expression firmed. "We're looking for living garbage," he started with a sneer. "A Drow."

"Well lucky you! Ah see all sortsa crows around 'ere. Ah don't have any crops yet, so puttin' up a scarecrow don't seem 'portant just yet."

"No, a Drow"

"Well if yer looking for a certain kinda crow, Ah can't help ya there. Ah don't know nothin' 'bout birds."

"No! You simple-minded..." He took in a deep breath to calm himself. "A drow. Long pointed ears, white hair, red eyes and skin as dark as dark can get."

Izabelle grinned wide and let out a boisterous laugh. "Sounds like Ya'll've already had a mite too much ta drink. What ever yer lookin' for, it ain't here. Now..." Izabelle lifted her hand up and pointed her tumb back into the barn. "Ah've gotta lotta work ta do, so if ya'll don't mind?"

"Fine; but if you see that thing hurry into town. They're evil, filthy creatures," he spat as they turned. With an overly happy wave she saw them off, muttering under her breath; "Not as filthy as you, perv." Once they were gone, she turned back around to grab that sword by the hilt. It was heavy; but, while she'd never wielded a weapon she'd used all different types of machines and tools, so she lifted it without much trouble but held it more like a golf club, tip pointed at the ground. "Hooo-we!" Izabelle exclaimed while bringing the blade over to the ladder. "Ya'll can come down now, if ya want. They ain't around no more. What'd ya do to piss 'em off so much? Half of 'em looked madder than a rattle snake at a hoe-down."

Auspex shuffled down the ladder on Izzy's command. He had to admit, she wasn't as simple as she sounded. She'd tricked all the simple county folk without much effort at all. Although he was a soldier, like most drow he took great pride in his own intelligence and had to admire her cunning. Playing dumb wasn't the devious sort of trick a drow girl back home might pull, but it was every bit as effective.

"Oh, they only know a taste of hate. Trust me." The drow shivered as he took off his helmet to show her his face. "When you've been snake-head whipped to an inch of your life, then you know it. When everyone you knew is dead or a slave, then you know." The fear was apparent in his reddened eyes. Even being miles away from Lloth he feared her as much as the humans who had chased him to this spot.

"Anyways, to answer your question honestly. Nothing personal. As I was escaping, a few squads were going out on a surface mission to kill and take slaves. I followed them out and watched them attack Greenville while the men were out on harvest. I'm sure you probably have been there, it's only a few villages over. Anyways, when the men got back, they must have thought I was a part of that mission. I've been chased by them for over a week. It's nearly impossible to lose the scent of...what do you call them? Dogs?"

Auspex paused from his long rant, to let Izzy talk. His eyes wandered about, coming to look at her chest. He did find her physique rather different. Although she wasn't a muscular brute, she was far from a skinny drow waif either. Her breasts were larger than anyone he'd played around with back home. Her hair was also different, a light blonde color contrasting his with none. In a way he felt so out of place here, up on the surface. He began to wonder if there was much point in trying to live in a world where redemption seemed almost impossible.

Bright blue eyes widened a bit, then blinked a few times as the helmet was taken off. The man's description was fairly acurate, and yet wrong in so many ways. 'Long pointed ears,' were masterfully sculpted master pieces, 'white hair' was a silky waterfall of ivory that contrasted so strongly against crimson red eyes and the perfect obsidion skin. As dark as dark can be. It all came in a moment that was quickly destoryed by the continued words. She flinched at the thought, and the images that were created by her imagination.

She was being quickly bombarded with information and visuals that had her shaking a little. "Greenville?" Her voice was a little choked, but the woman swallowed the thick lump in her throat. It took her a moment to speak, and when she did it was with a bright smile. "Yeah, when Ah was a kid and ah knew Ah'd earned mahself a good paddlin' Ah'd try ta hide; but we 'ad this hound dog named Jessi and no matter where ah hid that girl always found me. So the trick is," with her eyes dancing with mischief Izzy leaned in and covered the side of her mouth; as if offering him a terrible secret. "Ya don't escape tha dog, ya out smart the owner."

Leaning back and letting both hands slide into her pockets she added. "Ah started hiddin' bah the meat locker or in tha fur shed, Uncle Blue jus' thought Jessi was gettin' off track." Greenville... There were people there; people she knew, people she cared about. Maybe they were just people in her memories now... The blonde reached out her right hand, still holding the sword up with her left. "Nice ta make yer acquaintance. Name's Izabelle, but ya'll can call me Izzy if ya want. Would ya'll mind sayin' yer name again? Real slow like, 't's hard fer me ta say it."

"Auspex. Ozzzz-Pecks," He said it normally and then as slow as he possibly could. "And don't even worry about trying to say my House name. It's meaningless now. Just Auspex will do." He reached back to preen his hair, which was a bit disheveled from the chase. Of all his hauntingly beautiful features, it was the one he took the most care to keep good care of. Although, it was hard to pick just one feature. He put as much effort into his appearance as many human females, as in drow society the roles were often reversed.

"Anyways, I don't fully understand you either Izabelle. But it's fine, I must say the way in which you tell stories is compelling." Although an evil sort, he had been trained to obey his superiors and part of that was the courtesy that all knights had to show.

He looked at Izzy, still playing with and holding his sword.

"That's my Ebon Reaver by the way. It's made of black adamantite, the same as my armor. Do you like it?" He wondered if she could even sense its dark energies. "If you do, you can see my armor as well. I'd like to get out of it if you'd be so kind to assist."

Her chapped lips formed the name two or three times before she managed to get it right. Or at least, as close to right as she could manage with her accent. "Auspex. It's a funny soundin' name, but I kinda like it," she praised, rubbing her thumb across her nose with a cheeky grin. His returned praise had her puffing out her chest once more. "Ah pride mahself in mah campfire tales. Ah used to scare the pants offa the neighbor boys, had 'em squealing like pigs on butchin' day. Hm?" Izzy paused, then looked down at the hilt in her hand as if she'd forgotten it was even there. "Ah don't know much 'bout weapons and such, but it's about the prettiest metal ah ever did see," she admitted.

Izzy looked around for a moment before releasing a soft 'oh!' and hurrying to cross the room. Without care for the mess, the woman pushed off the pile of old hay that had been set on a wooden table. "Here we are," she said as the sword was settled on it. "Seems silly ta wear armor when ya can't git out of it all yer own." The comment was off handed as she returned to her guest to look him over. "'S there a hook or somethin'?" Since he'd asked for her help, Izabelle took it upon herself to search for such a thing. Tanned fingers trailed over the dark metal, petting between the creases and brushing over hidden straps.

"If Ya'll've been runnin' since Greenville, ya'll must be starvin'. Ah ain't got much, but ah can offer ya a can a beans, a shower, and a night under a roof. Just hope it don't rain. I haven't gotten ta the roof yet, she leaks somethin' fierce."

"Yes, I would appreciate a good meal. I have no idea what beans are, but I'm sure they are filling." He said with a glance at her healthy form again. He had no idea what she meant by 'pigs' but didn't want to ask for sounding unintelligent. "I've been subsisting on the few dried mushrooms and rations I took with me, and river water. Though I must ask, why are you helping me? Most humans would have turned me in for the bounty." He figured it perhaps not wise to tell her about that opportunity, although she had already saved him once. He doubted she would turn on him. If humans had one stark difference from drow, it was their predictability.

"There are leather straps underneath that have to be loosened first. And that's a fair point. I could get my armor off myself with enough effort. But I'm hot and exhausted. So I do appreciate your hospitality Miss Izzy." Auspex sat down on a bale of hay, his posture completely upright to make the task at hand easier. He unclasped his boots, sliding off one after another. His bare ebon feet were surprisingly slender under the heavy metal. He worked on his greaves next while allowing Izzy to undress the breastplate.

"Ain't that a funny question?" She started, her fingers now more purposeful as they slid through the gap at the left shoulder. "Ah get it, ah guess. Bein' nice just ta be nice ain't somethin' that happens much any more." Izzy paused, her tongue poking out of the corner of her mouth in concentration. The straps were slick with sweat and every time she thought she had a grip it slipped. "Ah'm helpin' ya'll out, cause ya look like ya need a hand." With a triumphant gleam in her eyes the strap came undone and she moved on to the other.

"No tricks no riddles. Ya'll've got a safe place for the night." The second strap was released much quicker, and she grasped the sides of the chest plate to lift it. "Ya'll can get yerself a good washin', but Ah ain't got a water heater. So it's a bit more than a mite cold. Ah can warm ya right up with a buncha blankets though."

'Being nice to be nice' wasn't something Auspex had even once experienced in his seventy-nine years of life. He still felt she had to have a motive. Drow females always wanted something. Influence. Money. Power. Heck even just sex or to be flattered. He turned her an unbelieving glare as he turned his neck around but yet, he couldn't think of what her motive would be. Perhaps she was right.

"Hmm, if you say so..." After a bit of effort, all of his armor was strewn on the barn floor. He was down to just his light leather underarmor which covered the same areas that a muscle shirt and shorts might. "I can't refuse your offer. Just give me a few cycles." He slipped into the back of the barn, where there was a makeshift rigging. He stripped down and got in the 'shower'. It was a little confusing to him. Back home, underground hot springs were used to bathe and never showers. There was only one chain which he pulled on gently. Nothing. He pulled on it full force, exasperated from feeling so grimy and hot. Promptly he was blasted with ice cold water!

"EEEEEEEKKKK!!!" He shrieked like a girl, a wail no doubt audible throughout the barn. Shivering, he pulled more gently on the chainl and endured the bitter cold while cleaning himself off as fast as possible. This was just one more thing he would have to get used to.

A few minutes later, and he was out of the shower. He found two towels, one for his body and a second for his hair. He slipped back into the main area of the barn, still feeling embarrassed by the sound he made a few minutes prior. As well there was the fact that he took more than a 'few cycles' to clean up, and he worried she might think he had taken the time to pleasure himself. Shivering, he looked around for Izzy. If he couldn't find her, he thought that perhaps going out into the mid-day sun might be a good idea to warm up.

"Take yer time darlin'," she cooed with a dismissive wave of her hand. Before anything else, the woman lifted up the heavy metal and placed it carefully; respectfully, on the table she'd cleared off. The drow's screech had her nearly leaping out of her skin, but as she calmed loud laughter erupted from her chest. "Ah told ya'll it was cold!" Izzy hollered. Laughter continued as she scaled the ladder back into her loft bedroom.

While Auspex cleansed the farmer stabbed a knife into the top of a can to pry off the top. The small burner was lit and she rested the can over it.

"Ah'm up here! Come on up, ya'll will catch a cold if yer not careful. Let's get ya'll warm and dry with a full belly;" and she meant it. Up in the loft, beside the existing mattress and old bedding, was a bundled nest of soft blankets and a pillow filled with hay. The area around the burner was clear and warm and he'd surly dry long before the night chill came.

Auspex felt a bit embarassed at her laughter. After all, he saw himself as a capable knight and a bit of cold water shouldn't have bothered him so.

"Yes, well Miss Izzy. Where I'm from, the water is hot underground. Too hot often. It's all heated by geothermal springs. The air is quite warm also, due to the same." He scampered up the ladder to join Izzy in the loft.

"This place, it really isn't like home," Auspex said to Izzy. He felt a bit homesick though he knew going home was not an option. The drow curled up in the blanket and took a spoonful of beans.

"Mmm, not bad though. I might get used to this, at least." Before long the can's entire contents had gone from the can to his belly. After that, he used the towels and burner heat to dry himself off. He was careful not to expose himself meanwhile, as her comments about the local 'perv' were still on his mind.

"Ya'll live un'er ground?" She questioned; her voice saturated in both disbelief and awe. A barrage of questions came to her tongue, but she held them. No need to burden the man before he had the chance to breathe. "Ah'm glad mah humble offerin's delight ya," she said with a grin. Words that could be taken quite snidely, but were said with such a bright expression it would be difficult for them to be taken as anything but genuine. "Ya'll go ahead an' eat yer fill. Ah'll be back in just a tick." The woman hopped down the ladder with practiced ease in order to get her own shower.

Izzy didn't take long, the cold water wasn't the most pleasant to soak in. She longed for the day she could get the water heater going.

By the time her guest finished eating, she had finished cleaning; her hair soft and shiny, filthy skin now squeaky clean to expose surprisingly light skin covered in dark freckles. She climbed up the ladder again. "So, ya'll gotta tell me 'bout this uner ground livin' thing. How do ya'll see down there? Second thought, how do ya'll breathe down there?" As the questions she'd resisted before tumbled from her lips, the woman unwrapped the towel wrapped firmly around her body. She hardly seemed bothered as her small breasts met the air, the honey brown nipples perking into hardness, nor as the soft patch of blond hair was exposed to the dim, flickering light.

Izabelle plucked a large tee-shirt from a duffle bag and pulled it on over her head; hiding her body just as quickly as it was exposed. "Ah don't suppose ya'll got some sorta thermal energy system?" The woman crawled herself onto the mattress and sat with her legs crossed, the shirt long enough to cover her knees and anything more interesting to look at. "Harnessin' tha heat from the springs ta power lights?" For a few moments the dumb country girl sounded a little too smart for the bumpkin accent.

Her big blue eyes were wide and focused on her guest; curious and excited. This man was so... different from anyone or anything she'd ever encountered, and she was eager to learn more.

Auspex smirked at all of Izzy's questions and observations. He found it rather amusing how casually she dried and dressed herself right in front of him. Not because it was unusual or forward to him, but because it reminded him of the priestesses back home. Since they didn't fear males, they would behave similarly in front of him. He figured that Izzy must feel the same about him. Which perhaps was to be expected.

"Yes, well you're close. We do use the warm lava rocks to heat our water. And there are natural hot springs in many places that we use to bathe in. As for our lights, those are powered by mana. The mana energy comes from rare gems that are magically converted. But I can't explain that in depth, I'm not a geomancer or magician. I'm simply a knight that protects those that require it," He paused, to explain a bit more. It seemed that Izzy was intensely curious how his sort could survive in such a bleak and alien environment.

"But anyways, we are gifted with vision that can see heat. There are many names for it: infravision, darkvision, ultravision," He flickered his eyelids and his irises began to glow a more vibrant red. "Watch!" He took the towel from his head and wrapped it about his eyes, using it as a self-imposed blindfold. He then danced his deft fingers about the flame, coming close many times but never once scorching himself. "Of course, intense heat sources are easy to see. In the caves, the difference between the air and ground is very subtle and even we struggle to see well. Outside the city it's very dangerous, even for one who is trained," He unwrapped the towel and set it aside.

"And breathing, well. There are many porous rocks I suppose, throughout the Underdark. The warm undercurrents create a sort of flow which can also be used for navigation. A lot of my home is hard to explain I suppose. You'd have to see the lights of Neriak to understand the eerie beauty of it all." Auspex sighed. "Not that it matters really. This is my home now, I suppose. The surface, I mean." He caught himself, feeling a bit too forward for a moment. Izzy had been very kind but he didn't really expect her to harbour a fugitive forever.

"So you, tell me something about yourself." He was fascinated by her as well. Until then it hadn't occurred to him that surface dwellers had lives and aspirations that were much different than his.

She was enthralled by his words and tried to picture the warm springs lit only by what her imagination deemed to be mana; bright blue glowing lights, life fire flies. She couldn't help but imagine her guest in one of those springs. Auspex was a beautiful creature with a mane of the whites of snowy locks and the skin the blackest of obsidian rock. Izzy blinked away the thought pattern, and covered it with, "Ah've heard'a mana and magic, but Ah've never seen it before. 'Sept in street shows in town."

The drow's parlor trick was met with eager clapping, and his explanation of his home was listened to with eager anticipation; that resolved into a slight frown. "Don't worry, it ain't so bad up here. Ah mean, workin' out in the sun all day leave ya feelin' mighty fine." As she spoke her arms lifted above her head in a long stretch, enjoying the ache of the day's labor. She paused with her arms crossed and resting over top of her head. It pulled the shirt up to once again expose herself. "Ah ain't much of a wonder," she admitted. "Ah grew up here on this ranch; but it was much nicer then." Relaxing her arms by her sides she continued. "Mah uncle owned it, and Ah helped him run it. Mostly we boarded horses fer travelers an' rented out stables."

Izzy looked around her, and the frown returned to her chapped lips. "It ain't much now; but Ah'm gonna bring it back. Gettin' some supplies delivered tomorrah' so Ah can start working on the farm house. Livin' in the barn ain't exactly comfy." The woman hummed in thought before scooting to the edge of the mattress to sit closer to her guest. "This is probably a terr'ble question but... Do all Drows have such pretty skin? And hair? And eyes?" Izzy bit down on her lower lip with her right canine in an attempt to dampen the sparkle in her eyes.

Auspex unwrapped his hair as Izzy made herself more comfortable and forward to him. Taking a horse brush that was laying around, he began to comb out his long white tresses. While he combed his drying hair, his eyes were more on Izzy than his own hair. He had to admit she was very attractive as he stared at her breasts and golden sun-kissed hair. The books he'd read about humans did not do them justice in the least.

"Well, most males don't have hair as long as mine. But I like the look for it. So do the priestesses. You see, a lot of them like females as much as males, but there's too much politics in screwing with rivals. So...it's sort of a thing they go for even if it's more of a girl's thing," He started, finding it difficult to explain. "Some drow put vibrant streaks of dye in their hair, as it's true we all have white hair. As for my skin I guess it's typical? I try to keep good care of myself." He said, preening back a bang. "My eyes though...they scare most surface dwellers. Red isn't a color your kind have, if I'm not mistaken." He said, looking up to meet Izzy eye-to-eye. "But I'm glad you like them," he added after a pause, touching her hand with his own.

"If you'd like, I could stay and help. It's probably best I lay low for awhile. For all you know they might bring a mob twice as big tomorrow to scout." Auspex sighed. He supposed with some rest, he could probably fend off a group of peasants, even without his magic. "I'd really rather not fight though, if they do come. I've been a knight all my life. I wouldn't mind a bit of a change." He said, tracing his smooth fingers over Izzy's with a more hopeful look.

The feeling of those blood red eyes tracing over her comparatively pale skin was significantly better then the hungry stare of the filthy looking men who'd been chasing Auspex. Rather than a shudder of revulsion, she reveled in the appreciative gaze; one that had no desire to own and ruin her body. A bit of heat rose to her cheeks, something the Drow was sure to be able to see with his infa-what's-it vision. "Whatevah it's worth, Ah like yer hair quite a lot," she complimented while lowering her hands back to her sides.

Blue eyes met his crimson, and she couldn't stop them from widening. "Ah ain't ever seen red eyes on someone walkin' on two legs, an' the closest Ah've seen to yer skin's black fur on horses. "Yer beautiful, if Ah may be so bold."

When a warm hand covered her own, the heat in her cheeks tingled and jolted down lower. "Hmm, well... Ah've nevah thought a hirin' any help before." Then again, she didn't think she'd had anything to offer before either. Izzy turned her hand to capture his and lift it up to be inspected. Light fingertips brushed over the calloused palms of a warrior. If nothing else, Auspex was no stranger to a bit of hard work.

"All right, manual labor for room and board," she agreed with a bright grin. She squeezed their palms together and shook them in agreement. "'Sides, a bit a company'll be nice. Talkin' to ghosts gets borin,'" the blonde woman teased, trying to hide the fact that her thoughts on the word 'company' may have dipped into the dirtier side of her mind. "Dun worry 'bout those guys none. Much as they hate ya, this is mah property and the law 'round these parts are good friends a the family. Ya'll got sanctuary here."

Auspex smiled at Izzy's gracious offer. He too felt arousal, hidden by the towel, as she examined his body as if he were some sort of black stallion with a flowing white mane and tail. He took the back of her hand to his lips in a chivalrous gesture.

"I thank you then, Miss Izabelle. For the meal and the shelter. I promise I won't disappoint you, like my previous one to serve." He gave her hand a kiss and then set it back on her lap. Such manners had been ingrained in him from a young age as part of his knight training. Even evil knights had to obey their Masters, or in his case, Mistresses.

"Tired." He yawned, his eyelids drooping shut. It was just then that the adrenaline was wearing off, from all the running and excitement. The lack of good sleep for the past two weeks was also catching up to him. If he'd had full use of his dark magic, he could have pushed his body a little further to flirt and play with Izzy. And how he wanted to! He saw her flush with heat with his heat vision, even with shut eyelids. Next came his shoulders, and then he slumped over onto the hay-stuffed pillow. It would have to wait until morning...

This time the flush that came to her cheeks was more from pleasant surprise. She was a farm girl, a lowly worker in the eyes of upper class. People did not show such flattering respect towards her very often; she had to admit, the simple gesture of a kiss to the back of her hand was delightful in a different way.

"Ya'll must be," she answered, clearing her throat to return her voice to normal. Getting all dreamy eyed and horny wouldn't do her any good. At least not now. "Get some sleep, we get up when the sun does to start workin'." Leaning over, she blew out the lantern flame. Smoke danced from the embering wick, filling the loft with the scent of burning oil as she settled down onto her mattress. "G'night," she murmured before her own jaws opened in a wide yawn, and she snuggled in for sleep.

Auspex slept very silently - in fact so quiet one could barely tell he was out. This ability wasn't unusual for drow, for they were the sort to retreat to isolated places to study or sleep. One never knew when a dagger might be coming in the night, and to make noise would only give away one's state of helplessness.

He slept well, but did have one dream that night. It was of the priestesses back home, all lined up to have sex with him. There were fourteen or so silken-clad drow girls, one for each day he'd been away. That part made sense, as he usually would have had one playmate per night. The strange part was that they all wanted him at once. His mind was playing out the fantasy of them all missing him, though in reality they probably all hated him now. Not because they wanted to, but because they had to hate him as commanded by his former Goddess. Nonetheless, it was a pleasing fantasy. They were all around him, grabbing at his naked body for attention. As he was about to be pulled into the first of many secluded playrooms, he heard a sharp and unusual sound. It was a rooster crowing incessantly which awoke him.

"Huh? That cursed sun's barely even up." He stuffed the blanket over his head to block out the light and sound, trying to get more needed sleep. The screeching being painful to his sensitive ears.

"Mornin' sleepy head." Izzy's voice was chipper and she was already clothed in a button up plaid shirt, and a pair of old jeans. It seemed she'd been up for a little while already. She was standing on the ladder to the loft, her arms resting on the wooden floor and a smile on her face that was far too excited. Izzy looked as if she were a cat given cream as he blue eyes traveled over the drow's features in the light. They landed on the only cloth hiding the man's more intimate areas from view, and she just couldn't look away from it. "Well it sure is a real good mornin' fer someone," she chimed. One could almost imagine the hearts forming in her eyes as she devoured the sight of Auspex's arousal.

The blond woman pulled herself up to crawl closer to her guest, oh so tempted to pull that towel away to get a good look at that monster beteen his legs. "If ya'll're up for it, it could be a real good mornin' for the both of us. What'chya think, Ozzy?"

Auspex took the blanket from his head after hearing her amorous comments. "I think..." His response was cut off with a sleepy yawn. He then blushed as much as a drow could as he looked down to the obvious erection under the towel. That certainly hadn't been a problem back home.

"I think it's been awhile for Ozzy. Maybe too long." He stretched out in bed. His towel wasn't really hiding it anyways. He figured he might as well get on with it as he often had to in his duties. He took off the towel and stood out of bed naked.

"But if you're curious I was dreaming about priestesses. There were a lot of them, and they were really horny. Errr, not that I wouldn't have wanted to dream about you. I can't exactly control it!" He added, trying not to snicker at the double meaning. His cock was still erect as stood beside her. He'd wait for Izzy to decide whether he should get ready for the day's work, or if there was some time to stay in the loft.

Back
Top Bottom