Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deserted Island [Recruiting closed]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
08Q2DxL.png

This is an idea I initially wanted to explore on a 1 on 1 game, but I thought it could as well be expanded to cover 3 to maybe 5 or 6 people, even if getting a group that big will probably be too hard.

The basic premise is a pretty simple one. An international airplane crashes in the sea close to a deserted island and the player characters are the only ones that survive. The twist that I think could be interesting to explore is that all of them are from different countries and none of them speaks English. The idea was born when I saw that Blue Moon is an international community with people from around the world, so I wanted to make use of it. The narration would be in third person as usual, but the characters could only speak in one of the languages only their player knows, making so the characters will have to understand each other with body language and simple ideas, using English exclusively for the narration.

For that to work, I would encourage for players to be descriptive of the nuances of their characters, their gestures, and without cheating with google translator, of course. In case of interest and/or doubts, just post here.

I'm going to write a brief example to maybe help clarify the doubts:

"Que demonios..." he mumbled, his vision hazy, sand all over his tattered clothes. He couldn't remember how he reached that place, did someone drag him out of the plane? The plane. They had crashed on the sea, he could still remember the certainty of his impending death, and yet there he was, the plane half sunk close to the beach. "Sangre..." he took his right hand to his forehead, looking at the blood on his fingers, finally noticing an unconscious girl close by. "¡Eh! ¿Estás bien? Parece seguir viva..." he muttered, reaching for her, trying to remember the reanimation procedure...

RE: Deserted Island

More of a guideline than a strict rule, so feel free to add what you think is important to know beforehand, and if you want another player to specify something, feel free to ask about it in the OOC thread.

Profiles: https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=83110
OOC Thread: https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=83109

Are you still looking for a spanish speaking girl (of course she will be bilingual) but yeah if still looking let me know.

The game is underway and I should have posted that recruiting is closed for now, my bad, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom