Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Titan Express (Faelover x ScifiNudist)

ScifiNudist

Planetoid
Ezla Castle-Smythe beheld the Earth, rising over the Lunar horizon, the blue and white of the orb framed in the window of her cabin. “S'nothin' m'ta lookit, issit?” she observed. "Mean's... colour-wise I s'pose i's strikin', shoe - bu' Neptune er Uranus moreso. An' far is clouds be, Venus has 'em beat by klickers, neh?"

"Sweety, your pidgeon is showing."

"Huh?" Ezla turned from the window to look over her shoulder at her guests.

"Your accent! That dreadful Tharsis pidgeon English drives me crazy. Stuff it, will you? You're gonna get this Martian oaf started and I'm not going to get him to stop for days," Yennivah poked her lover, Hans, with the heel of her foot as she floated in Ezla's cabin, pulling on her flight suit.

"Please, Yenny, my accent isn't half as bad as this Red-born mutt," he teased, winking at Ezla. Ezla gave him a smile and a middle finger before turning back to the window.

"You're starting to sound like my mother, Yennivah. I swear, closer we get to Earth and Luna the more airs you Earthers put on," she laughed. "'Imperial born citizens make their pilgrimage to the throne world, their spirits lifted klick by klick'," she quoted airily.

"You should probably stop quoting poetry and get your clothes on, Ez, the real Earthers are going to be embarking soon. You don't want to give the little dears fainting spells, do you?"

Ezla floated naked in her cabin, save her phone screen which she wore holstered to her upper arm. Her skin was rosy, freckled and tanned by the filtered Martian sun, her limbs long but lean, her face angular and subtly exotic. She had been part of the first generation born on Mars and had never known Earth's gravity. Nor had she been exposed, except through Earther tourists and new arrivals, to Earther's sense of false modesty or body shame. "Uh, that would be hard, since I didn't bring any clothes, Yenny," she said as if it were the most obvious triviality. "Unless you want me to put on a pressure suit to avoid offending their delicate sensibilities, neh, Sis?"

"Gah, rude little Martian," Yennivah huffed. The longer limbed, dark-brown skinned woman had been born on Luna a year before Ezla was born on Mars. They had bonded over being "first genners" since meeting years ago during Ezla's first trip into space. She floated over beside Ezla and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "My little sister is so rude," she teased.

"My big sister is too concerned about placating dirtsider expectations. This is a Martian ship, run by Martians, they can get used to Martian sensibilities."

"A lot of Earther money tied up in this mission too, Little Red," Hans observed from the other side of the cabin, drifting toward the door.

"Yeah, the Earth-born would point that out."

Yennivah slapped Ezla's shoulder.

"Ow!" Ezla hissed at her "big sister".

"Be nice," Yennivah scolded. "You're such a grump today, what's wrong? Did Tharsis lose a match or something...? That's it, isn't it? Tharsis lost to, what is it this time? Hallas?"

"Utopia," Ezla spat bitterly. "And no, that's not it, it's worse! I overhead Michaels and Utembe talking about the game in the lounge - totally spoiled the outcome for me before I could watch it, though how they got an earlier transmission than me I'll never know."

"I see."

"... Also, yeah, Tharsis lost to Utopia by 45 runs."

"Ouch."

"I know!" Ezla whined pitifully. "It hurts," she patted her chest over her heart, turning a face full of pretend misery to Yennivah. "In here!"

"Stop," Yennivah laughed, shoving Ezla, who allowed herself to go drifting back against her shelves. "Cheer up, try not to give any Earthers heart attacks and stop being a grumpy dirt-hater, neh?" she said with a tiny bit of a fake Martian accent.

Ezla smiled and pushed off the shelf with a finger to twill in place, her shoulder length red-brown hair forming a disk about her head. "Fine."

"That's the enthusiasm I expect," Yennivah teased. "See you, Little Sis." She kicked off and followed Hans out into the passenger deck.

Ezla gripped the side of the window once more and soon spotted the capsule gliding slowly toward the ship that would deliver the first of the Earther passengers. When it was out of view of her window, she turned and kicked off for the door to her cabin as well. She headed out to the central passage and up toward the lounge for a bite to eat before she had to deal getting to know the ten-or-so Earthers she would be confined with for the next two years on their long mission out to Saturn.

Back
Top Bottom