Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Realms of Terrafynn - The Red Wars (Skeith Takahata II & MessedUpRP)

Asara panted, squirming softly as Nialla continued to move further down. She had no idea what to expect, but the anticipation was driving her mad. She gasped sharply as she felt kisses along her thighs, looking down at Nialla when she spoke. "G-get ready?" She felt all air leave her lungs at the first, slow lick. Her fingers clutched desperately at the sheets, as the other hand meshed her fingers in her hair. Feeling herself held in place, she tried to brace but there was no way to do so. She let out a loud shout as Nialla took a much more aggressive approach than Asara had earlier.

"Oh... Oh gods... N-Nialla... If you keep up like that... I'm gonna..." She bit her lip to stifle another loud moan as she threw her head back against the mattress. Unbeknownst to Asara, her eyes began to glow with an orange hue matching a full moon. In fact, if one were to examine her eyes they had become just that. "S-something's happening..." That same orange glow spread, mimicking the lines normally made by the ink. While the exact nature of the strange magic was unknown to Asara, it was the ascension she had spoken of before. By laying with the avatar of a goddess, and the queen of Glytipt, Nialla would receive Novura's blessing.

Nialla was too wrapped up in her lovemaking to even price as the glow of energy speed from Asara into her, covering her body in the same markings as the ink on Asara. Her body was racked with pleasure of an odd sense. She felt amazing, she felt free and powerful, she felt all her passion for her queen pore into her as she released her orgasm.

As the lights faded from both of them, Nialla pulled away with a smile. Completely oblivious to what had just happened and crawled up to lay beside Asara. "Wow... That was amazing."

Asara could do nothing to suppress the powerful cry of pleasure that came from her when she hit her orgasm. As her body finally settled, the glow fading from her, she panted heavily staring through half-lidded eyes at her lover. "N-Nialla..." She wrapped her arms around her gently, still out of breath and red-faced. "You... You were amazing..."

"It was great for both of us. Both I and Novura." She brought her hand to gently touch her lover's cheek. "Surely you felt it? That surge of power?" She smiled softly at her. "She chose you. You laid with an queen avatar, and she chose you. Novura has seen fit to bestow her blessings upon you. That is the ascendance I spoke of. Not the throne, divine favor. You are more than my champion or my beloved now. You are my ascendant." She pressed her lips against Nialla's in a genuine expression of love.

Nialla was a bit taken aback as she was kissed, slowly returning it with the same loving passion, something about Asara felt special to Nialla, she wanted to keep her safe. Keep her close at all times. "Asara... I want you to learn how to defend yourself, I will not always be here and I would be devastated if something happened to you."

Asara looked away, nervously at her advice. "So much of my body is always on display. There is no way to conceal bruises, scrapes, or cuts from training. Novura has imbued me with certain protective magics. My own gift for the arcane are fledgling, but existent. Some practice and my magic use can improve." She brought her hand to gently touch her cheek. "Remember what I said? For tonight, it's just us. The war will wait. It's not going anywhere."

Nialla out a hand on Asara's cheek. Her fingers gently dragging down her soft flesh. "This isn't about the war. If need be. I would burn the red cities to the ground to Dave you, but that is not today. I want you to be able to stay safe as a woman, not as a queen but from one lover to another.

Asara smiled up at her, enjoying the feeling of her fingers gliding over her. "I adore you, Nialla. Your devotion to me and my well being means more to me than I can put into words. I will do what I can to practice my spellcraft. That should be enough to protect me. Where you can't protect me, I also have my griffin. She watches me quite hawkishly."

Nialla grinned and looked over at the griffin. "Now Asmara, no need to get insult your griffin by calling her a measly hawk." She chuckled at her own bad joke and smiled, "I care about you Asmara. I have devoted myself to you and I would do anything I could to keep you safe."

"I know Nialla." She brought her hand up to gently cup her cheek. She leaned in kissing her softly. "Don't worry for now. I will better my magic and will never stray far from my griffin. I'll be safe enough. Even when you go to battle."

Nialla squeezed Asara's hand. She was afraid of leaving, not afraid of facing combat but of leaving Aware completely alone and undefended by her. She sighed softly and later down in the bed, putting her head in Asara's shoulder. "Sleep well my queen." She kissed her one last time and closed her eyes, falling asleep quickly.

In the days that would follow that magical night, responsibility would consume most of their free time. Asara would tour the city everyday, taking the pulse of the nation and personally checking the progress of the city's walls and the training of their new soldiers. Seeing and hearing from their queen always served to improve the morale of the people. Days would turn into weeks and patient waiting would turn into worry. Asara had sent messengers to Spartania on the central continent weeks ago and hadn't heard from them. The weight of the world was becoming increasingly difficult for her to carry and maintain her grace. the fear and frustration of maintaining a kingdom in wartime and fearing assassination at any moment from any direction was starting to effect her mentally and physically. She hadn't been eating or sleeping as much and had been obsessing over every little detail.

She was seated in her throne that morning, listening to her advisors argue amongst themselves about what course of action they should take. It was almost like they had forgotten that she was the one in charge. "Novura save me..." She mumbled under her breath. She pushed herself up from the throne. "Be silent!" She shouted angrily. She usually did a better job of masking her emotions but she found herself pushed to the point of breaking. "I am beyond exhausted by your incessant bickering! You are all dismissed!" The shouting came to an end, and the advisors made a hasty exit. She slumped back into the throne, trying to calm her anger.

Nialla was walking into the throne room as the muttering council was walking out. She gave then the briefest if glances before dropping to one knee and bowing her head. "My queen, I request conference with you. Alone if you are able."

Once Nialla was alone with Asara, she gave the queen a kiss and washed her lips with eater to remove the ink. "Asara, you need to stop this. You're looking more haggard by the day. You're trying to do everything and it's killing you. I worry for your health." She moved to hold Asara's hand but hesitated, remembering the ink. "You need to appoint a new council to take some of this weight off you. It is too much to handle.

Asara was surprised by the kiss Nialla gave her, looking around quickly to make sure none had seen them. "I don't know how besides you I can trust to do anything, Nialla. Many of these people were loyal to my father and his policies, if I show even the slightest weakness they might try to resurrect his methods. Slavery, unjust imprisonment, gladiatorial combat..."

She took in a deep breath. "I know you're right. I'm sorry. It's just... The messengers are late, I should have heard back by now. Our enemies encroach upon our borders daily and my people are scared." She closed her eyes, lowering her head. "I... Am scared." She opened her eyes, trying not to cry as it would cause the ink to run. "My people can not see me as a mortal woman. I can't show weakness. I am chosen by Novura to lead this country in its darkest hour. I have to be more than mortal. I have to be..."

Nialla shook her head and took Asara's hand. "Asara you need to get a hood of yourself... You cannot lead a country to victory if you run yourself into the ground. You are mortal Asara, so am I and so is everyone else. Being the avatar to a goddess does not change that. You bleed the same as I do." She didn't like being harsh with Asmara bit she needed her to get a grip. She squeezed Asara's hand and spoke more softly, kinder. "Maybe the messengers have just been detoured. They will arrive soon enough my queen. Furthermore, you can elect a new council for a new queen.

Asara nearly recoiled as Nialla scolded her, albeit gently. She stared at her for several silent seconds. As her hand was squeezed and Nialla's voice softened she released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "I... Thank you, Nialla. I am fortunate to have a champion such as you." She looked down a the smudged ink on her hand, inhaling deeply. "I have to return to my chambers to fix my ink. You should be sure you've cleaned yourself as well." She stopped, looking around to make sure they were truly alone. She leaned in, kissing Nialla deeply. She closed her eyes, feeling a couple stray tears slip down her cheeks, causing the ink to run. As she pulled away, she stayed close, smiling faintly. "Thank you, for your council, my love." She whispered breathily.

Nialla took a step towards Asara. Looking her in the eyes as her hand clasped around Asara's wrist. "Asara... I think... I think we should marry... You and I..." Nialla looked down then back up, "I love you Asara and if the goddess of toyrs has fated us to be together then their should be nothing to stop us. Nothing to fear... I can be of more help by your side, as your queen than as your champion. I can keep the loyalists to your father at bay, take some of the load off you..."

She released Asara's arm and washed the ink off with water from a jug. "I'm tired of hiding Asara and I know you are too... If the people revolt I would cur down those against you myself, on the very steps of this palace if need be... Just to keep you safe. Please Asara."

Asara was shocked by Nialla's hand so tightly wrapped around her wrist. She looked down at it before looking back up at her again. "Nialla, what are you..." She cut herself off, her eyes widening as she spoke. "M-marry?" She was frozen in place, staring at her. Her heart was pounding wildly. As much as she wanted this, to be with Asara publically and honestly, she was terrified of what it would bring. "I want to, but this is more than you and I, Nialla. I must seek Novura's council."

Nialla nodded slowly, her eyes drifting to the ground. "I understand. I will leave you to speak to Novura." As Nialla left, she clenched and unclenched her fists. Such a silly idea about asking Asara to marry her. It was too soon, too soon to ask.

Asara watched as Nialla let raising her hand to try to stop her. "Nialla, please..." When she was alone she could hardly keep the tears from spilling over. She didn't have time to explain. Her people needed consistency and unity, to force change too quickly could cause problems among them. She turned to walk back to her own chambers, using the secret passages. Once alone she allowed herself to collapse to her bed, weeping openly.

Marna stood from her corner. The griffin slinking over to where she was laying. She gently pressed her head against the crying woman. "Oh, Marna." She mumbled, sitting up again. "What am I supposed to do?" She looked down at her sheets. "I want to be with her. I have already performed the rites of ascendance. But marriage? Is the nation ready for that? Am I? Novura save me..."

She stood up, cleaning her face and fixing her ink. As she had the night they first kissed, she made her way to the temple as the sun set. Kneeling in the center of the empty chamber, bathed in moonlight and surrounded by incense.

After an hour of praying, a soft hand was pressed agaunat her shoulder. Novura smiling down at her. "I have seen your plight my child, heard your pleas and I have come to offer guidance..." She drifted on astral feet and sat down across from Asara, letting the queen unload her problems onto the goddess. As soon as she was finished, Novura spoke.

"I can see your worry my child, but look at it from a different prospective... The people have lost their militant king, replaced by a queen who is much more caring, an avatar to a goddess... They are prof xtes now by a foreigner and set to build walls to defend the city. Yet, they still follow you as they did your father." Novura placed a fingertip on Asara's forehead. "Tomorrow, you will go before your people with Nialla and announce your plan to marry. You will claps her hand and raise it to the air as you finish, do not speak... I will do the rest."

Novura looked up. "You have a guest... I believe I should leave now. Do not worry. Do what your heart says and let me handle the hearts of man." A second after Novura left, Nialla came in. "Um... I'm a bit new to this but, I uh... I'm sorry Asara... I... I didn't mean how I acted. I love you and I always will and if you'd rather not marry, I will not force you."

It was as astonishing as the first time when Novura came to her. When bidden she indeed poured her heart to Novura, desperate for guidance. As she began to speak, Asara listened silently and obediently. Despite being a goddess, Novura always spoke to her as if a mother to their child. It was so gentle and nurturing. So understanding. She rose to her feet when Novura mentioned a guest. "Nialla..." She whispered under her breath. When she spoke once more of leaving she looked up again, equally surprised as last time. Each time felt so brief.

She turned when she heard Nialla's voice. She went to her quickly. "I love you too!" She wrapped her arms tightly around her, forgetting about the ink she wore. "Yes. My answer is yes." She said quickly. She pulled away quickly, looking up at her. "Tomorrow, I will announce our engagement to the people. No longer will we hide."

Nialla stared in silence at the assertion. Be fore she silently did something she had never done before. A tear of joy rolled down her cheek and she pulled Asara close, kissing her passionately in the church. "I love you Asara. Are you sure this will work? After all, how do we convince the people."

She rested her head against the warrior's chest, smiling to herself. She pulled back after her question, looking up at her. "Novura has insisted that everything will be fine. We will focus on what is in our hearts. She will worry about the hearts of men." She pulled back, taking both of her hands. "We should get back. You're covered in my ink. We need to get back unnoticed. We can't be caught like this until after tomorrow."

Nialla cloaked them both in two cloaks she had borrowed from two other waiting patrons, leaving some money to buy them two new cloaks. As she walked with Asara through the city, clasping her hand she considered what she was being told. Novura was telling them to release their secret, how could she be sure that this was even real. As she thought about it, she remembered her own run in with one of the gods of the monks she had lived with and reconsidered.

As they finally returned to her chambers, Asara slid free of the cloak. She folded it, handing it to Nialla. "Tomorrow is the big day." She said exasperatedly. She approached her love, placing her hands on her hips. "We need to trust that Novura would not lead me into a situation of danger, by extension that means you as well. She will preserve us, and watch over our union." She pressed a tender and loving kiss against Nialla's lips, pulling away slowly. "For now, get some rest my love. Leave tomorrow to me."

Back
Top Bottom