Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Realms of Terrafynn - The Red Wars (Skeith Takahata II & MessedUpRP)

Nialla spent her night pacing the room, wondering why she had done such a silly thing. Noe the queen had probably told everyone, she soent the entire night expecting her beloved owl-lady to break down the door and SLA her where she stood. She was ready to kill her for saving the queen's life, what would she do if she saw her kiss the woman!"

Meanwhile in the temple during Asara's private prayer, a ribed digutr walked in. Her hood up, she seemed to be one of the nuns or priestesses. As Asara made to protest her presence the woman raised her hand, she pulled back her hood and revealed the face of the goddess herself. Novura smiled and sat down next to Asara, "do not worry my avatar... You are safe, I saw you were distraught I also saw why. You and the foreigner I saw." She smiled and sat back, a soft yellow light emanating off her body.

"My child, I chose you for a reason... You have a good heart with good intention. This issue is one that you must decide upon. Listen to your heart, search your feelings and decide. Do you want the foreigner? Will she make you happy?" Novura stood up, "this form saps my energy very quickly. I must go but I will leave you this, if your heart tells you she is what you want... You would be beat to keep your love secret, at least until after the war, either she will name herself a war hero and your union will be adored or she will rescue you from the ashes of the kingdom."

Novura smirked, "I would love to tell you the true outcome, but it is not my place... Only time will reveal such things." With that Novvura flipped her hood back up and disintegrated.

To say that being greeted by the physical form of Novura was shocking would have been an understatement. She stared in awe as she listened to her speak. She didn't speak of tradition or of retribution. She spoke of emotions, of personal happiness. As she rose to her feet, making to leave, Asara stood. She listened to final words. So theirs was an affection meant to survive the horrors of war. Win or lose, she would have Nialla. Realizing that indirectly Novura had not only given her permission, but seemingly gave Asara her blessing, she could hardly tame her beating heart. As Novura disintegrated, leaving her alone in the temple once more, she turned to leave.

By that time the sun had risen. Her guards had remained active and alert the entire time she was in the temple. She made her way back to the palace, stopping to wave, smile, and interact with some of the locals as she passed. Re-entering the palace she stumbled on what looked to be the end of an argument between Malaketh and Taris. She sighed audibly as she approached them. "Malaketh, summon my generals for war council, it will happen in two hours. Taris, have immigration forms drawn up Nialla. So far as I am concerned, she is one of us now." Taris scowled at the order, but turned to leave without another word. Malaketh gave the queen a deep bow before setting about his own duties.

Asara on the other hand, made haste in reaching her own chambers. She entered, looking about the chamber for only a moment. She sucked in a deep breath trying to psyche herself up before pushing the hidden door between her and Nialla's chambers. "N-Nialla? Are you awake?" She asked, walking the rest of the way inside. "I have called a war council to announce your position and establish the new war plan. It will be in two hours. Which should give us time enough to discuss last night."

Nialla was perched on her toes, crouching on one of the sandstone gargoyles on her balcony. Not seeming to be in any harm or danger, just looking out over the city. She turned back as she heard Asara's voice and vaulted back over the railing. Meekly walling into the room. She has faced giants and demigods in hand to hand combat without fear, why did this tiny woman seem.to strike all her nerves at once?

"Right of course Asara... I... I am sorry about last night... It... It was impulsive... I... I have feelings about you Asara but... I am sorry... I know of your las now."

Asara was relieved to find that Nialla hadn't left. She was worried that fearing punishment she would have fled. Asara certainly wouldn't have blamed her for feeling that way. She listened to her speak, confirming for her what was obvious. She walked forward till she was standing only a few feet away. She lowered her gaze as she bit her lip, thinking on it for a few more moments.

"I still wear the ink, not because of tradition, because my body is not only my own. My Goddess, Novura, lives through me. When I am wed, it is a sign that my relations with my husband are ordained and permitted by the Goddess I am bound to." She looked up again finally. "Last night I went to her temple. I sat in meditation for several hours contemplating every moment since meeting you yesterday. When you took hold of me to save my life. When you kissed me last night." She closed her eyes for a moment. "I can still feel your fingers against my skin and your lips against mine." She took a deep breath, taking another step forward. "She came to me last night. What becomes of us is for me to decide. She wishes me to pursue my own happiness. I have those feelings as well, though I am confused by them. It must remain between us for now, but... If you would have me and be patient with me..." She trailed off, unable to finish as she was simply becoming too flustered.

Nialla held up a finger to her lips, careful not to smudge any ink, "I promise... I will have you and I will be as patient as you wish" she dropped to one knee and bowed her head, "my queen." On the outside she was calm and collected, a skill learned from years of fighting, on the inside she was flabbergasted. Not only had Asara supposedly seen a goddess, she had accepted her advances because of this goddess on top of that, Niala had just bent the knee. She had never pledged allegiance to any ruler in her life. Now here she was, bent on one knee pledging herself to this woman.

She straightened again and looked Asara in the eye, "I must go and collect my things from the blacksmith, I will meet you at the war meeting. She hesitated then gave Asara a quick peck on the lips, washing hers of any ink. She left the room to go to the smithy.

Asara could only smile when Nialla spoke. She stepped back momentarily when she knelt in front of her. It was a gesture she never would have anticipated. It was flattering and inspiring to know that this woman, abandoned by her own people, and mistreated by Asara's, could come to pledge herself in this way. The significance of the moment was not lost on the young queen. When she rose to her feet, offering her a quick kiss, she felt her entire body go stiff for a moment. The act of being touched or kissed would take a lot of getting used to, but she loved it all the same. For a moment she was no longer the proud queen of Glytipt, but was instead a love struck virgin teen. She returned to her own chambers once alone, making sure to fix the ink on her face.

A couple hours later, she entered the war room, A large map of the continent sat on a massive table in the center of the room. Around the table were gathered four armor clad warriors. Three men and one woman. Each rose as she entered, bowing to her in turn. "That is quite enough of that." She insisted, raising her hand. She had well disguised her youthful behavior in front of her generals, knowing better than to appear weak for flexible with them. Seeing Nialla enter the room, she smiled faintly, nodding to her. "I called you here today to announce that our campaign against the Red Army will be undergoing a change. I've elected to name a right hand to oversee all military activity for Glytipt."

Her words caused a tense silence to come over the room. A king had not named a right hand in centuries. To do so meant the nation was in grave peril, and a single champion was to be trusted with its protection at any cost. "Have you already chosen this right hand, my queen?" One of the generals spoke. An older wiser man. "I would be more than happy to nominate a soldier if you have not."

"I have, General Kazma. Her name is Nialla. In her short time in my service she has saved my life and the lives of everyone in this city. She will serve as my right hand and assume direct command of all military operations." She stepped aside to make room for a second near the head of the table, allowing Nialla to introduce herself and lay the ground work for the new campaign.

Nialla stepped forward, her boots patting on the floor as she walked, she looked around the table with a glimmer in her eye, making sure she caught the eye of each and every general. They certainly looked official, but now Nialla did too.

She was dressed in her amor, a dull but beaitufl platinum-silver, designs etched into each plate, there were obvious gaps between the plates to accmodate the dessert climate. The armor exposed part of her muscular body to those looking at her, she had it specially designed to allow for interchagable sheaths built into the armor however, strapped to her back was her own specially designed weapon. Another two sheaths at the back of her waist. Her hair was pulled back into a braid down her back and wrapped around her shoulders was a white linen cloak. It only covered one shoulder. On one side was a silver brooch, while most would wear the symbol of their name on such a brooch hers was only a rune of her god, she had no house to speak of.

Her eyes dragged over every general again before she spoke. "I know this is certainly shocking... A foreigner chosen as the champion to the queen, I can see that Glytipt is a proud nation of proud people but pride does not win wars. Just yesterday our enemy walked right into the city, they trode right up the steps of the capital and had I not been there, we would be flying red flags." she cast a glance around each of the general again.

"I have read your records... You are all certainly qualified leaders and very capable and wise warriors, however what transpired yesterday is unnaceptable, and I do not intend to let it happen again. The red army should be receive my gift soon, for those who are not aware, I ordered the bodies of those who attacked mangled, imposed and their heads out atop the spikes. As extreme as that is, it is what is necessary to win a war, we cannot let them perceive us as weak, and now we have bought ourselves time."

She stepped down and rested her fists on the table, looking down over the maps, "I want small strike divisions created, your fastest and stealthiest soldiers. They will sneak to the edges of camps in the middle of the night, attack quickly. Burn tents, slay a few gaurds but target supplies and tents, but do not engage... No... Have them draw back and dissapear into the night desert. I will also need a spy of some sort. Someone who can I filtrate their ranks and make up a story... This desert is legendary, let's give them.a legend to fear."

It took the young queen everything in her power not to air her admiration and affection for Nialla. Seeing her in full warrior regalia, speaking plainly and directly to her generals was inspiring to say the least. It was clear that in trusting Nialla, she had chosen wisely. This was the champion her nation needed, even if, in some corners, it wasn't the one they wanted. She lowered her gaze to the map as Nialla spoke, issuing her commands to the generals. Even if any at the table had reservations about Nialla's orders, they knew better than to question Asara's faith in her champion.

"A spy will be selected from my own division." The female general spoke, looking to Nialla. "My name is General Varu. I lead the Divine Ascendant Queen's League of Assassins, Spies, and when naval combat is necessary, Privateers. Should you have need of such stealthy methods, I would recommend speaking with me."

General Kazma was the next to speak. "Where Varu has talent for stealth, I have strength. When it comes time to launch these raids, send for my troops and they will heed your call."

Asara smiled then, if only faintly. Pleased to see everyone cooperating with Nialla's plan. It was impossible for her eyes to not occasionally move to watch Nialla speak as she laid out her plan. She was so strong and fearless, everything Asara was not.

Nialla nodded at Varu's description, "yes general. Your troops were the ones to execute the kill on the baron who had treasonous intent for the previous king. Your troops will be used quite frequently I'm afraid."

She next turned to Kazma, "General Kazma, your name rings through even the icy halls of my homeland, at least it did before I was enslaved. Warnnyour troops to not be courageous, do not take revenge. Just go in, set fires and escape into the night. In one of the lands I passed through on my trip to Glytipt, I saw a weapon that upon impact would erupt into flames. I will show your soldiers how to create such devices if they do not already know."

She turned her attention to the last two generals. "Are you two going to contribute to this war meeting at all or will it only be us?"

One of the other two generals raised his hand, clearing his throat into his fist. "I am General Razen. My forces take on a more defensive format for Glytipt. Anywhere a line needs be held, my men are present to hold it. We also serve as combat engineers. Siege machines and defensive structures are our mainstays." He looked then to the last of the Generals.

The man stepped forward, examining the map for only a moment before looking back to Nialla. "I am General Serat. Ordinarily my force act as our offensive forces and navy, when it comes time to push and hard, that is the role we fill. Establish forward operating bases, and gathering resources for the war effort. But in recent weeks my men have been serving along side Generals Razen and kazden's trying to hold the front."

Asara stepped forward then. Looking to the other generals. "From now on, this war is not about holding the line. We will push. We will use propaganda, fear, and strategy. Our small size will become our advantage. Wherever Nialla requires your services is where you will go." She looked back to Asara looking to inform her. "A fifth division of the military is still being assembled from former prisoners. Once their command structure is established, you will have another stable of soldiers to serve."

Nialla looked at Asara with a gaze as hard as stone, impassive as she spoke. "I want every slave and prisoner trained, give them any weapon that they can become adept at, whatever that may be... I will be taking them for my own force." She turned her attention to Varu, "General Varu, I want a rumor spread. A rumor about a powerful warrior come from the northern states, say what happened today at the throne room, where Asara was nearly killed and say what I did. Do not inflate the story... The people will do that themselves. What started as one woman and a group of a dozen guards defeating twenty men will become one woman decimated one hundred fully armed and armored legionnaires with three swings of an icy sword."

Her gaze shifted to the table, "General Serat. I expect you to push against the reds, similarly to our overall plan... Our force is small, formal combat will have to be held until later. For now we must resort to guerilla warfare, attack their forces in small numbers then retreat while they move. Do this to thin the armies, I want assassins among you to kill any commanders within those ranks, without their commanders they'll flounder. Meanwhile, Razen will be building our defensive, I want a hard line between us and them, trenches, spikes, booby traps and siege weapons. I want archers prepared to send volley after volley upon anyone who comes close."

Asara's strong demeanor shattered for a moment when Nialla spoke. The look she gave her was so harsh. She glanced back to the generals as they were given commands. "I believe you all have your orders then. See them done." Each of the Generals bowed their heads to her. She looked back to Nialla, smiling faintly before bowing her head to her respectfully. She turned to leave the war chamber, heading back to her throne room. There she found both Taris and Malaketh waiting for her.

"Taris, I trust that Nialla's immigration has been handled, yes?" She asked, approaching her throne.

"Yes, my queen." She said bitterly. "I still must advise against trusting the future of your father's kingdom to a stranger and a foreigner."

Asara stood up from the seat, glaring viciously at Taris. "Enough of your childish whimpering, Taris!" She shouted angrily. A first for the usually quiet and passive Asara. "This is not my father's kingdom! My father is dead! I am not a princess, I am the queen! Your queen! It is my kingdom!" She settled back into the throne, sighing heavily. "Nialla is neither stranger or foreigner." She began much softer. "She is now a citizen, and more importantly she is my savior. I trust you to remember I am only here because of her actions yesterday."

"Malaketh, see to training and arming the new division personally if you would. It will serve Nialla personally in the field." The Jackal headed soldier, bowed his head respectfully turning to leave.

"And Taris... Just take the day. Find a way to adjust to Nialla's presence without your spite and malice." The Owl-headed woman followed suit, walking back out of the palace. Asara sighed as she tried to relax back into her throne.

Nialla had stayed behind. Staring at the map. Her eyes gazing at the locations of red troops, something seemed off. They were oddly lopsided, concentrating troops on one side of their offensive. She gasped, how had she not seen it sooner. She hurried out, entering the throne room just as Faris was exiting. She dropped to one knee and rested her arm on her knee, bowing her head. "My queen, I have discovered an imminent attack from the red army. I know how to stop it, but I will need to go through with my plan alone." She stood up and looked Asara in the eye, "I will infiltrate their camps... And I will kill the general in charge, burn his tent and any others I can as I leave. They'll not onlylose a general but will attribute this to out northern hero, killing a general in his own tent is rather impressive."

She mounted the throne and moved to out a comforting hand on Asara's cheek, stopping only a few inches away and retracting it slowly. "i'm sorry Asara but this is the only way... I will be careful but if I do not do this then we may be facing an imminent attack from the red army... I will return tonight, I want you to stay in your quarters, have Malaketh and Taris posted with you to protect you" she lowered her voice as she spoke again, "and wash off that ink so I can kiss you again when I return."

Asara looked up when Nialla spoke of embarking on a mission alone. As she laid out her plan she shook her head in disapproval. "Absolutely not, I forbid it." Then she climbed the throne, standing in front of her. As she spoke of there being no alternative, she lowered her gaze solemnly. She knew she was right, and that there was no stopping her. She breathed out a heavy sigh. "I will hold you to it. I expect to see you tonight." She forced a smile for her sake, nodding some. "See to your mission, but... Be careful. I won't forgive you if I never see you again after last night." She was disappointed that she couldn't kiss her there, or embrace her before she departed.

After she would depart, Asara would see to her other duties as queen. Including taking a trip through town to mingle with her people. Through all of her duties, she could only think of Nialla and the dangerous mission she had departed on. She entered her chamber that evening, having had a meal brought to her chambers. Various fruits and meats prepared, but she was simply to sick with worry to eat. She loosened her beaded clothing and washed off the ink, lowering herself into the her bath. Her eyes looking out through the massive window towards the moon. She would not allow herself to sleep until she was certain Nialla had returned safely.

Nialla had replaced her armor and white cloak that she had come to cherish with a simple brown cloak to belnd in with the desert and the darkness. She rode out as the sunneas nearing the tikemwhemmit would set and arrived just before sunset. Entering camoneas easy enough. Below her cloak she had prepared the beaded, silk clothes of a concubine and made her way through the city of tents. Eventually making her way to the general himself.

A burly man with a thick gray mustache who was surprised to see her, "and who might you be." He blustered. Nialla only smiled and walked in further, "I was sent to you by the king. He wished to send you good will before your attack. His most skilled woman would suffice. I do appreciate such a strong partner as yourself."

She winked at him as he stood, walking toward her, "well such a fine specimen would go to waste unless–" it was then that Nialla drove her dagger into his stomach, wrenching it around to make sure he was dead. She checked for anyone, dragging his body into the bed was difficult. She wrote a quick note, "he is the first but will not be the last. – the northern witch" leaving it by his beside, she blew out the lights and left again in her cloak.

Getting back in was a bit of an explanation to the guards of the city but soon she walked into Asara's chambers. Smiling when she saw her. "Asara..." She dropped her cloak, still in the harem.clothes and walked over, opening her arms to hug the queen.

Asara stood quickly from the bath when she heard the door open. Her eyes settled on Nialla and a relieved smile spread across her features. "Nialla! I'm so grateful to see you well!" She climbed from the water hurrying to her arms. She wrapped her arms tightly around her waist. She had never felt another's skin against hers'. It was enough to send a shiver up her spine. Regardless, she was so relieved to see Nialla well that she couldn't be parted from her.

In time she would have to be. She pulled away slightly so that she could look up at her. "It seems that the mission went well and that you are unharmed. I'm so thankful. Novura be praised for delivering you back to me safely."

Nialla planted a soft kiss on Asara and held her close, brushingna lock of stray hair from her face.."I am glad that you are safe my queen. I hope that we will be undisturbed even until the morning so that none will see us together. I do not wish to dishonor you."

She at down on the bed and nodded, "yes the missionnwent successfully. The general isndead and now the 'Northern witch' is to blame. But now is not the time for war. Now is for you and I."

Asara returned the kiss that was offered, the first of them that she had the opportunity to really participate in. "Rest assured that we will remain undisturbed. Unless there is an emergency, my quarters are not to be entered after the moon rises. It is typically a time reserved for myself and my Goddess. We've already discussed Novura's acceptance of you, so you are welcome here when others are not."

She followed her to the bed, sitting down beside her. She made no effort to cover herself, still naked from the bath. "Right... You and I..." She looked over at her, smiling faintly. She was nervous, and it was clear in her body language, but there was an excitement there as well. It was all so new and overwhelming.

Nialla gently layed Asara down and sat aroo her, straddling her legs. She cast off her disguise clothing until she too was naked, she smiled and cuddled into Adara's side, taking a book from a bedside table she opened it and frowned. The book was written in the common language. "Um Asara... I would... I would like you to read to me." She blushed, she was a mighty warrior who would become the scourge of the rest army but she needed her queen to read to her, she must have looked pathetic.

Asara's breath caught when she once again saw Nialla naked. She closed her eyes as she cuddled into her side, humming softly in contentment. When she produced the book from the bedside table, requesting for her to read, Asara could only smile. "I would love to." She accepted the book, moving to sit up against the fluffy feather pillows. She smiled as she saw which book she had selected. Asara adored reading. It was the nearest she ever came to adventure. The book she had selected was a collection of old tales. Whether they were fact or fiction was hard to say, but they had always entertained the young Asara. Perhaps here, they could entertain Nialla as well.

"This one is one of my favorites. It's a collection of ancient tales and legends of my people." She sifted through the stories before finding her favorite. "Ah. Here we are." She smiled a little wider as she settled the book in her lap. "It's a story of a love that lasted generations. Through Life, Death, and Rebirth." She began reading aloud softly. A tale of adventure and love. Loss and tragedy. Each generation that passed, the lovers would somehow find themselves reunited as different people, though never recalling their previous trysts. The tale read like an epic poem, though, in translating it to the common tongue for Nialla, it lost some of its romantic luster.

Nialla smiled as she heard her read. She herself could never read or write. She could write just enough to do things like write her note to the Red army but she had never learned, she has nobody to teach her. Listening to her read was wonderful, however she would probably be better off learning how to speak the language of glytpit, since it seemed she would be living here for awhile.

As the story was drawing to a close, Nialla put her hand in Asara's. This was one of the few times she could relax and act genuinely. Every day as a warrior she had to out on her warlike persona, it inspired soldiers and won wars but it was not what she actually was, with Aware she felt comfortable to reveal her true nature. "Asara... Do you think we will be like that? Lovers who eil find each other after our deaths."

Asara smiled faintly, setting the book aside. "In our case it is guaranteed from this point. Novura gave us her blessing. As she and I are in many ways one, that means that on some level she shares my affection for you. She would not want to be parted from you, and would not want us to be parted either." She closed her eyes for a moment, thinking fondly about the idea of a love that transcended life and death.

"If the legend in the story is to be believed, we may have already met numerous times, and simply don't realize it. The lovers never recognized one another, but their souls longed for each other. If Novura always planned to make me her avatar, and if the Gods had always intended us to be one, than we may have met and loved numerous times before. But the gods can be fickle and frustrating. Getting them to clarify or admit to anything is quite hard." She chuckled a little, settling into the sheets and turning to face Nialla. "All that matters is that we're together now. We found each other in this life. That's good enough for me." She blushed a little deeper, never thinking she would speak so romantically in her life. Certainly not with another woman.

Nialla rolled over to look at Asara, her hand gently reaching up and resting on her cheek. Her thumb stroking the soft skin. "I find myself longing to touch you ever time I see you Asara... To feel your skin under my fingers... I'm not sure of this is normal in your society, two women that is."

She smiled and pulled herself up to lay next to Asara, "It's uncommon but not out of the question for us... And with the acceptance of your goddess... I assume it would be easier for us."

Asara smiled as she felt Nialla's hand on her cheek, her hand raising to rest on top of it. As she spoke, she gave a nod. It took a moment of thought as she tried to find an answer, but this situation was quite peculiar. "It's... Complicated. Many would frown upon me laying with a foreigner, mingling Glytipt royal blood and bestowing the rites of ascendance with someone of foreign descent. While two women is uncommon, it is embraced by most within my country with open arms. For the queen, however... I'm expected to bear a child to continue my dynasty. If you were a man it would still be hard. As a mix-blood heir would create a stir. Novura is fond of you, perhaps as much as I am, if she approves of us. But she only speaks and lives through me. She has not presented herself to others, save earlier avatars." She smiled a little. "Her advice was to wait to make our relationship known until after the war. If we succeed, you will be hailed as a hero. For a war hero to be united with the Queen would very likely wash away any other stigma."

Nialla looked at her silently for a second, "I could care less about the site of ascendence. I don't want the throne, I want you." She yawned and looked around, her eyes locking on something for a second before drifting past. She stood from the bed and left to her own room. Leaving Asara alone in the bed until Nialla returned in her white tunic, sandles and brandishing a dagger towards Asara. "Asara... Get behind me now."

Back
Top Bottom