Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Am I a bad person...

StarBrightKisses

Super-Earth
Am I a bad person when I get a little peeved (but still VERY POLITE) to the multiple messages I get, when they can't don't want to try any of your ideas, the idea they give you is from comic book type cartoons, and instead of just telling me a summary expects me to read said comic...

Does it make me a bad person because I don't feel like it's my job to do research on an idea that YOU want to play out...

Does it make me a bad person when I read a little to get a feel of the damn comic but "It's not the story of what's going on so that ends up not being the plot" that I the confront the person and tell them that I don't believe we would be compatible partners.

Keep in mind I didn't tell this person how I felt the laziness of not just telling me the dang summary of the plot makes me feel the replies I'd get would be mediocre and not on my level of sending at least 5 paragraphs.... in the LEAST

Keep in mind that even after all the messages the plot STILL HADN'T BEEN ESTABLISHED, and yet wanted to know my desires.

Keep in mind that I didn't BLOW UP LIKE I WANTED TO.

Still trying to be politely I told them, I told you my no-no kinks to start with, and in my idea thread I state all the stories that I really want to play.... so keep it in mind that I didn't blow up... but yet this person continued to make me want to pull my hair out. It shouldn't be this hard or brainwrecking.

Not only do you have pre-written stories out the ass to choose from but you have my no no kinks, know that I'm open minded.... and all my most desired stories are posted. Does it make me a bad person that this irks me to no end, and once I told them we just weren't compatible and to not message me again because I feel the animosity growing in the messages so before it gets to that I'd rather just stop all contacts.

Only to get a message saying that partners have to work things out and I shouldn't be hostile basically and push them away and not to message him back if I WAS GOING TO BE LIKE THAT.

Like really?! I tried being nice to this person it's not my fault they asked questions that had already been addressed, it's not my fault you couldn't just tell me what you wanted instead of making me clink on links and demand that I read TWO CHAPTERS of this comic that was like 20 something pages long if not more just to get the story... and it's not my fault that when I went to message you back and reassure you I wasn't trying to be rude we just weren't compatible; I mean good stories need to have writers with chemistry and NOT EVERY PERSON will have that... to end up realizing I was ignored/blocked.

Does that make me a bad person though? Through all that I didn't ignore/block this person but I surely was blocked and ignored BEFORE I was able to tell them I was not being rude I just wasn't interested. Their amount of input is clearly not the same as mine, sorry but if someone asks me for the summary I'm going to tell them instead of insist of them reading something and then in the end not tell them what the story was about to begin with when you read a little and it turns out not to be the plot.

RANT OVER.... I guess my question would be how many partners do you have that approach you in the same way and expect YOU to do all the work? Writing is not for the lazy... just saying.

Honestly, that person was acting like a moron. If they have actually read your thread and paid attention, that whole damn situation could have been avoided. As far as I'm concerned, you're only a bad person if you feel you really did do something bad. Seeing I have no way of know what was exactly said, I think you did the best you could.

As for your question, not many as I generally go to others with ideas.

Thank you, I think I tried handling it respectfully and tried explaining and saying multiple times I doubted it would work, but still said what the hell I will give it a shot... my mistake.

Hi there! ^^

From the way you've explained things, it sounds like you have every right to feel irked about the way you were treated.

That being said, roleplaying is not that same as purposeful writing, and it would be reaching for miracles to assume that everyone views roleplaying that same way. Writing may not be a lazy thing for you, but it can be a lazy activity for plenty of people who are just looking to relax and use it as an escapism from everyday life. This kind of thing happens frequently in roleplaying; people will expect different things, and my best advice to you is to just let it go. Roleplaying is meant to be enjoyed, so don't let some random Internet person ruin it for you. :heart:

As a side note, try not to let this thread become too accusatory or negative, or a center of silent public humiliation for that one specific person. Information on why can be found here in this link.

Hopefully things look up for you! Wishing you all the best.

Oh I would never disclose who this person is, and even still I have no hard feelings except the fact that I wasn't allowed to get my last pm sent letting him know I was in no way trying to be disrespectful because I'd hate for someone here thinking I were a total bitch, for them to go back to their partners and talk about me making it harder for me to find partners.

I do realize that everyone plays differently and I in no way judge their way for doing things, it was just a little lazy to me to just not tell me a summary of the idea when I specifically asked for it politely. Thank you for your kind reply and I hope that this person I'm sure they know who they are, where ever they are here I hope they realize that I hold no animosity and that I was not trying to seem rude all I was trying to point out were my points on why I did not believe we would be compatible as writing partners as I know that not every two people will have that chemistry to make stories that make them want to both reply nonstop lol.

I agree, thank you guys for understanding that I needed to get that off my chest. It made me feel horrible and upset me... but you all helped me smile and move forward, you and my partners I have.

It is definitely not you. Ive long ago stopped trying to understand people , their behavior and what angers them on here or makes them not want to RP. I could go into various details but this is about your situation not mine. Just trust you aren't alone.

Yeah, it's not you.
I'll never understand why people can't read a thread or similar offenses. I regularly will start a RP only to find out that he didn't really read what I won't do in a RP. That's the worst.

Oh yes I agree that is the worst. I hope you ladies find better partners. It seems to be a very rare thing to find around here, so when I get them I try everything in my power to keep us both happy and the stories moving along. Though things are a bit slow right now, pity... back to the subject at hand though it is nice to know that I am not alone and I actually got an apology! (My discussion was read lol) this person also had bad experiences with partners before, and knows that is no reason he should have done what he did but did apologize and wish each other the best in our searches.

Just goes to show you that you should never judge someone by statements made or anything like that really, if you actually talk with cool calm collected heads you may end up realizing that not everyone here is bad people and would make awesome partners. We never know exactly what the other has gone through.

Thank you all for helping me in my time of needing to vent, and sharing your own experiences with me to let me know that I'm not alone. I don't know why there can't be more partners that are serious about their inquiries and actually read what the opposite wants and don't want... Oh well a girl could wish and hope for this one day.

Well, good riddance to bad rubbish, I suppose.
If they couldn't be kind enough to tell you what they were going for, odd are, they're probably not courteous as an RP partner.

Back
Top Bottom