Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superheroes ((CLOSED))

Re: Superheroes (Atzura and Dudeguy)

• Victor saw the hit coming as well, but could do nothing to avoid it. Rather, he took the hit full force, staggering into the direction that the heavy blow swung in. His lower lip began to bleed near the side. Despite that, he didn't seemed to be phased. Beyond the initial pain of the blow anyway. "Assault against a student? In front of another teacher? How bold of you Mr. Colen," Victor said. He wasn't going to wipe the blood away, he would leave it there as evidence that he had been hit. There was also Sonya, who could confirm seeing the incident with her own two eyes. Assault on a student was grounds for immediate termination, that was common knowledge.

"What do you say to walking away and forgetting that this all happened? Or should I go and see the principal? I'm sure she wouldn't like yet another complaint against you on her table," he added.

Sonya was seeing a different side of Victor today. Last night, he had been scared, his grasp on reality had been destroyed by the strange things that had gone on around him. Normally, he was a rather quiet and reserved individual, so it was hard to get a grasp on what he was really like. The way that he handled this situation was perfect, from the way he spoke, to taking the blow to the face, even the threat he made. So what if Mr. Colen went to the principal and said anything about a student trying to blackmail him? Victor would be expelled, sure, but hearing that Mr. Colen attacked the student after attempting to assault another teacher? Both offenses for termination? His teaching career would end right then and there.[/list:u][/list:u]

Colen looked at his fist and shook his head with his eyes closed, slowly, very slowly returning to his cool attitude. He put his fist into his pocket and swallowed. He began to walk past him as if nothing had happened. "You keep quiet... I never talk to the whore again. That's my offer. I'm not waiting for you to accept it." He walked towards the door. "Test on Wednesday. Study." With that he closed the door, and it was over.

Sonya looked on, a little surprised by how he had taken the shot. Colen was a grown man, and a healthy one (although a little sick in the head). "Victor... are you alright?" She immediately reached for several napkins she had on her desk and moved closer to him. "You didn't deserve that. I'll speak to the principal tomorrow morning for sure."

• "Just a bit of a head ache, it's nothing to worry about," Victor said, rubbing the side of his face where he had taken the blow. Mr. Colen sure was a strong man, though he didn't look like much. But now that he was gone, the two of them were alone and they could talk without having to censure themselves. Victor took one of the napkins and wiped the blood up off of his face. He would put a steak on his cheek when he got home, or maybe just some ice would do the trick. "I wasn't sure if what happened yesterday were real or not until you turned up here. Even then, I wasn't sure that it was real. Not until you called my name," he said softly, avoiding eye contact with Sonya. "When class ended, it looked like you had something you wanted to talk to me about. And I'm sure that I have a ton of questions but I don't really feel like asking them anymore. I'll just hear whatever it was you wanted to say out."

After this? He would obviously be troubled by whatever he heard, and brood over it on the drive home. Then he would take care of himself, and get to work on the homework he had to do for tomorrow. There was also that test that he needed to study for. . .[/list:u][/list:u]

"What happened yesterday was absolutely real. You were attacked by three super villians. Although I don't know their names, I know their powers. A woman was leading you on and opened up her space called her "dimension" or "barrier" once you are in there, this world no longer notices you, it is left as if nothing ever happened, anyone who saw you enter the dimension instantly have their minds cleansed to a day or two back. You could have died in her dimension and when she closes it, you would just remain in that dimension, no longer existing. It was very dangerous for you to be there. The other two use the forces of nature to manipulate elements. In their cases, the wind and lightning. You saw what a little gale could do to your car, nevermind your body." She closed her eyes, "I'm sorry you got hit... but you are Daren's son anyway. I knew you'd be able to handle it. I know you haven't seen your father since you were a child, but... your father was like me. A superhero. And a damn good one. We aren't born like this all the time. It has to be the right mixture, the right time, season, it takes a lot to give birth to a person with special abilities like mine. You are one of those people. That's why I came to get you, and that's why they wanted to get you too."

• Victor slowly raised an eyebrow as Sonya explained in detail what happened yesterday. And, in no specific way, how it happened. It was simple really, super villains were trying to kill him. Either he would have been killed by those maniacs, or effectively erased from existence. Learning this didn't do much to help ease his mind, but knowing those things made it a little less stressful to think about in some way.

The mention of his father made him a little uneasy. His father hadn't been around since he was about. . .seven or eight years old. To learn that the ever-so-elusive man was a super hero was surprising to say the very least. There were a lot of questions that he had about that subject, but those things disappeared from his mind when Sonya said that he was the same as her, and as his father. A super hero? Him? The thought almost made him laugh. "So you're telling me I can do something crazy too? Like flipping cars over, creating rifts in the fabric of time and space? And that's why I was almost killed yesterday? And why you're here? That's. . .crazy," he said. If it weren't for the incident the night before, he would have believed her crazy and left right then and there.

"So, you're here to 'get me'? What does that mean," he asked, curious as to why exactly he was being 'gotten' and what he was being 'gotten' for.[/list:u][/list:u]

"I'm doing what your father did for me. He "got" me, watched over me, and helped me develop my powers. Given, I was four when I was found, by six I was making walls, by ten I was flying, at twelve my strength was abnoxiously overwhelming, thanks to that man you hardly knew. There are more of us. A few more. Some are quitting, some are being killed, some... have decided to start killing. It's easy money, working for free doesn't flow well with many people. But in short... yes... you may be well capable of flipping over cars, flying, causing dimensional riffs, or even opening up one of those barriers I was telling you about. That, I would enjoy. Your father... although I want reveal what his power was... did have a great reaction to being wounded. His blood actually healed him. He was rarely defeated... usually because of a woman's involvement. I miss him." She reached for his shoulder. "These villians may have wanted to kill you to prevent another thorn at their side. However, they could have also wanted to do what I'm trying to do, convince you to fight for our side. We call them villians, but they have goals, reasons to do the things they do and if they achieve what they want, the world may actually become more peaceful, but their approach is all wrong." She reached over and touched his face. "He socked you good huh?"

• Victor thought for a moment that being able to heal from his own blood wouldn't be so bad. It'd at least take care of the ache of his face. He couldn't help but wince a bit when he face was touched, noticing only now that it hurt much more than he initially thought. How was he going to explain this to everyone who asked? "Sure as hell did. Maybe I'll rat him out after all," he replied, averting his eyes. "How is this thing gonna work then? We going to go live on a mountain for months and months at a time? You going to fly me to some school in the sky? Secret government layer? Alien spaceship? Any of that kind of stuff," he asked, mostly joking. Mostly. He was curious as to what was going to be going on exactly.

Only after hearing the answer to this question would he seriously begin to think about listening to what Sonya was saying.[/list:u]

"We used to have a secret base. A guild almost. It was a place many of us called home. See, we all weren't as lucky as your father. He met a woman who accepted him, and loved him very much. Most of us were outcasts, only cared for when we did something good, and even then, we were asked to keep our identities hidden. I'm eager to learn what kind of abilities you might have running through you. It could be something as simple as reinforced leg muscles which allow you to sprint quickly for hours, run up flat surfaces, jump extremely far and high, and deliver virtually fatal kicks, to something as complex as being able to manipulate the paper around you into weaponry and armor. I don't think you have anything to lose coming with me. Staying here however, will only get you more visits by those people who also want you. And I can't protect you if they continue to come at you. I am just one woman after all. Now the few of us reside in an underground base. The Three Cone apartment complex has one completely abandoned building, that's where we go."

• Victor tilted his head to the left slightly, and gave what she was saying to him careful consideration. If those things were indeed true, which he was inclined to believe seeing as what happened last night really did happen, that meant that anyone he was around could be in danger as well. His friends, his mother. . .if any of them got hurt, he didn't know what he would do. Instead of even thinking about it, he decided that it would, perhaps, be for the best if he did leave with Sonya. She hadn't given him a reason not to trust her yet, and didn't think that she would be doing so anytime soon.

"It seems like it's the only real option here, so I guess I'm going with you. I'm kinda interested in seeing what kinda crazy stuff I can do myself now. That leg thing sounds pretty cool," he mused, grinning slightly. If what he could do was half as cool as either of those things, he would be content.[/list:u][/list:u]

Sonya smiled, "Good. I'll have to play your teacher's role for a while longer however. I'll introduce you to the rest tomorrow perhaps. For now, you should try going home. Keep your eyes open, and if something bizzare happens, run back towards the school, trust me, I'll know something's happening and I'll fight to protect you. Your parents, friends, girlfriend or boyfriend if you have one... I suggest you don't tell them anything just yet. Most people aren't too cuddly with us "superheroes." She placed her hand on his head. "You took a good shot from that man. You're showing great character already. Go home for now."

• For once, Victor was glad that he was single. He couldn't imagine having to tell whoever he was with that he couldn't see them for whatever reason. He knew for certain that they wouldn't be too happy. If he told his friends, they wouldn't believe him. Not unless he could prove to them what he was saying to them was true. And depending on what his power turned out to be, there was a good chance they wouldn't believe him anyway. Now his mother on the other hand? If his father had really been a hero, he highly doubted that his mother would find it hard to believe that he was too. He would have to wait until the time was right before he had that conversation with her though.

'Great character from getting hit in the face, huh?' Well, when he thought about it, he had taken the hit and kept a rather level head. That must have been what Sonya meant. He shrugged at the thought and sighed. His life had just gotten much more complicated than it had ever been. "I'll keep those things in mind then," Victor said. After saying good bye to the super-heroine-posing-as-a-substitute-teacher, he headed out to his car and sat down, glad that this long day was coming to an end.[/list:u][/list:u]

Sonya nodded and watched him leave. "Be careful." She whispered, watching him move on and turning herself away, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

• With Victor gone, another young man slowly moved into the room. This was Sonya's third visitor this afternoon. His name was Johnathan Willis, he was the young man who had been sitting beside Victor in the classroom earlier. Sonya may or may not have noticed the attractive young man. He stood at six foot one with a solid build, and looked just strong enough to manage taking a hit harder than the one Victor had taken just a few minutes ago. He had short, shaggy black hair and thin green eyes. The smile he wore on his face offset that somewhat dark expression he always seemed to have though.

"Excuse me? Sorry for bothering you, but did Victor come by here? We were supposed to meet up after school but. . .he's kind of gone MIA on me," he said with a sheepish grin.[/list:u][/list:u]

"Ughm... Victor..." She looked at the student, judging him without saying a word. "Oh, yes. Victor just dropped by. I'm sorry, he needed to speak to my about his grades. I guess he might have forgotten. You're a student too aren't you? I think I remember your face a bit."

• He had been right then. Miss Sonya had been focusing most of her attention on Victor during the class, she probably wouldn't have recognized most of the other students in the classroom if they approached her after school like this. She seemed to know Victor from somewhere earlier as well, and Victor seemed to know her. Neither of them said anything about it, and most of the others in the class were too busy looking at Sonya to notice the way that she and Victor kept looking at one another. That was cause for concern on his part, but it didn't show outwardly. Instead, what the teacher would see on the face of the young man before her was a sheepish smile. "I sat right next to Victor in class today. My name is Johnathan, I'm Victor's best friend," he said.

"I thought I saw him heading this way before but I guess he's gone already. I hope he went on home instead of getting himself caught up in some kind of trouble. That guy has got really bad luck when it comes to that kind of stuff, especially last night," Johnathan said. He would come across as more of a concerned friend than anything right now, but he was trying to prod for information, some kind of reaction out of the teacher without being to obvious about it. He mentioned trouble, more specifically something that happened last night, hinting that he knew something about the incident that occurred in the parking garage.[/list:u][/list:u]

Sonya hesitated just a moment, staring at him, before shaking her head afterwards. "I'm sorry to hear that he's getting himself into trouble. Maybe you should be a pal and stick by him. He's a good kid, capable of good things. Whatever happened yesterday, obviously didn't hinder him much, no matter what trouble was brought. I trust he'll be fine, especially with a special friend around." She wasn't referring to him as the special friend, and her voice qued it. "I should get going. I'll see you next class."

• Johnathan was silent for a moment, returning the same gaze as she had given him just moments before. A smile then formed on his face and he laughed off whatever was going through his head just seconds before. "Got it. I'll see you then, take care," he said, waving as he turned and walked down the hallway. It wasn't until he was outside and seated in the driver's seat of his car that he showed anything other than that Cheshire like smile. His lips curled downward, and in his eyes a glint of what could only be malice shined.

Sonya Terraverde. . .that woman is going to be trouble, he thought, giving his all not to jam his fist through the windshield of his car. That woman was a Super Hero. She didn't have to say it outright, the tone of her voice, her posture, and the somewhat cryptic way she spoke. Everything about her screamed hero. And that was not good, at all. She was going to be much more of a problem than he would be able to deal with on his own, so Johnathan swallowed his pride. After digging around in his pocket for a moment, he pulled out his cellphone and made a phone call. As soon as the person on the other end of the phone answered, he spoke.

"We have a problem. A big problem. There's a hero here for him," he said. That was all he felt he needed to say.[/list:u][/list:u]

"Keep calm. We expected something like this. Stay in control and get out of the area. We will take care of matters soon enough." Then the receiver was hung up.

Sonya was now in a bind, she didn't have anywhere to actually stay, she didn't think she'd have to do this undercover thing. She should appear in Vincent's room and tell him that he should sleep on the floor, but he had gone through enough. She also needed to be aware of enemies approaching him. She sighed and searched for some saved up money she had in her bag. "I guess it's a hotel tonight."

• Up until this point, Johnathan had been confident that he alone would be enough to get his friend on his side. But with the appearance of "Miss Sonya", the hot new substitute teacher most of the school was talking about, he knew that he couldn't hope to win against her. Since this was already out of his hands, he would leave whatever came next up to whoever was up for the challenge. He just knew that he was done. With that, he hung his phone up, started his car, and went on his way.

The following day began with homeroom, just as it normally did. Victor sat beside Johnathan and the two of them chatted about this and that, nothing really important in the grand scheme of things. Though he knew that it would be hard for him to do much of anything, and that there would be other people coming to convince Victor to join their side, Johnathan still hadn't given up hope on trying to convince his friend himself. He often asked questions that confused his companion, things that seemed random, out of the ordinary, or just plain weird, but with the answers he got, he felt that it was still highly possible to get Victor on their side.

Victor, meanwhile, was thinking mostly about his conversation with Miss Sonya the previous day after school. He had a power of some kind, that would manifest itself at some point. Like Sonya, he wondered what it was. He wondered what it would be like to be a hero, and what kind of life he would live afterward. They, by no means, had glamorous lives nor were they immune to the problems of average people, but to be one would be like living a dream. A dream that a lot of kids these days still had. Even he had those dreams as a child, but had long since given up on them because they just seemed foolish.

Class would be starting soon, as the other guys in the room were quick to point out. With their hormones raging, many of them still seemed to be holding on to the hope of being able to knock the new, sexy, substitute teacher onto her back and have their way with her.[/list:u]

Sonya entered the classroom, wearing casual business clothing like the previous day. Her hair was tied back into a professional tail, her glassess shimmering from the ceiling lights. "Good morning class." She said, smile on her lips and two coffees from the local shop in her hands. She turned around and placed them on her desk and came around to remove her jacket and hung it off the wall. "So, it looks like your teacher will really be out for quite a bit. I hope none of you mind me being in control for a while... I promise to be fair with grading, if you deserve it." She scouted the room, relieved to see Victor there, she hardly slept the night before, unsure of his condition. "Well, as I said yesterday, your assignment was to read over the chapter, and now I'll ask you all a few questions. If you get them wrong... I take five points off your next exam. If you get them right, I'll add five points to this, or any past exam to boost the grade... sound fair? Well, alright then. I'll go down the attendance roster and ask you all one question at a time.."

And so, class was underway, like a normal day really, except the teacher was still hot. her blouse was good and all, but her bust made it seem like all it would take was a deep breath for her to bust a button off.

• Victor was still the same. He didn't develop any super powers, he didn't spontaneously combust, that rapture hadn't occurred, and he hadn't been killed in his sleep the night before. All in all, it was a good night. After he got home, he watched some television, did his homework, ate dinner, and went to sleep. Nothing outside what someone would have expected for a high school student of his age to do. Unlike the day before, he was more calm and collected, and more like his usual self.

Sitting directly beside him was his best friend, Johnathan, who was keeping a close eye on both him and their strange substitute teacher. He was hoping that his companions would send help his way soon, as he was afraid the woman would seduce his friend and take him away to be a "hero". Even thinking the word left a bad taste in his mouth. The world didn't need heroes - justice was just as obscure of a concept a evil was. Besides, the people who suffered deserved to suffer in some way, shape or form. That was honestly what he believed.

After "Miss Sonya" took the role, class began. The chatter from the day before picked right back up, as boys in the class lusted for the teacher. Some were a bit more vocal about it than others. Somehow, the class managed to go pass by rather quickly, and the bell rang.

"No, you go on ahead. I need to talk to Miss Sonya before the next class starts," Victor said to his friend.

"Alright dude. Just be careful, something about her. . .seems kinda off. You don't need to get caught up in any kind of trouble either, you'd worry your mom sick," Johnathan said, gathering his things and stepping out into the hallway. Immediately, he felt a little angry. He was already being blown off for that woman, and it left a bad feeling in his stomach.[/list:u][/list:u]

Sonia closed her eyes as the students walked out, she was happy Victor decided to stay a while longer. Her head leaned to the side, being that she was on two hours of broken sleep. "Thank God you are alright." She said, after all the others left. "Could you tell your fellow classmates to stop piercing through me with their eyes? It makes it hard to teach... especially when I am not even a teacher."

She gave him the second coffee, still richly warm and well sealed. "I hardly slept. I can't do that again tonight. Either I am going with you, or you are going with me. They could have gotten you yesterday." She sat on her desk, removed her glasses and rubbed between her eyes.

• Victor was a little surprised that Johnathan was being so wary of Sonya. If he knew anything about her, he would see that she wasn't the kind of person that anyone had to be wary of. Had he not been sworn to secrecy, Victor would have told his friend that she had saved his life, and that he trusted her to do it again if should he find himself in trouble anytime soon. Besides, why would anyone be wary of someone who was able to worry about them so much that they couldn't sleep? One day, Victor would be able to tell Johnathan everything, and then everything would be just fine. He was sure of it.

"I'll tell them but. . .I'm not sure it would do anything. You're kinda like their forbidden fruit," Victor said taking a sip of the coffee. The analogy wasn't that far off. Sonya had become the hot teacher, the one that all of the boys in the school gawked at and dreamed of doing things to. "I'm not exactly sure how my mom would react to me appearing on the door step with a teacher when I get home. We could certainly try though. I know it's dangerous to talk about things plainly to people who aren't involved but I think it would be okay to at least tell her you knew my father. I'm sure she would understand." At least, Victor hoped that she would understand.[/list:u]

"Forbidden Fruit huh?" She chuckled. "Well, myth says that forbidden fruit is the sweetest..." She looked at him for a moment, then smiled, "I'm kidding, don't take that too seriously. Even thought it's good to know that you think of me as some super sexual fantasy." She brought her head down to her hand, "I guess it's hard to argue that when I wear what I wear all day long. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for you, or any of your classmates to find pretty girls. Far prettier than I. And they are probably super willing to screw." She closed her eyes and leaned forward, nearly sliding off the desk before she snapped back up. She listened carefully to his idea of speaking to his mother... Sonya looked from the corner of her eyes towards the windows, "I don't know... your father was an amazing hero... and not a bad husband at all... he only had two very troublesome issues. Thankfully, he wasn't a violent person. He was very easy going, and a smooth talker. He liked his liquor very much so. When he was drunk, he'd often find female companionship, and solemnly was it ever your mother. Perhaps you can present me as a foreign exchange student or... something of the sort... I'm not sure. Or you could just tell them that I am your teacher and I have nowhere to stay because I came on emergency." She pushed her thumbs together. "I'm really not sure. It could be a bad idea also. You don't want those guys returning to your home and putting your house and mother in perill."

• Victor neither confirmed or denied his own thoughts and feelings concerning Sonya as a 'sexual fantasy'. Honestly, he hadn't really even had time to think about it. Not after being attacked and nearly killed, not after freaking out about her being here, and definitely not when he was steady looking over his shoulder afraid that something would happen. He did think that it was wrong for her to doubt her own looks though. She was a beautiful young woman, perhaps not as willing to screw as the younger ones around the school, but that was, perhaps, a good thing. At least she didn't open her legs up to anyone who showed interest in her. That thought alone made her stand out amongst most of the female population in the school.

"You're definitely right about that," Victor said, agreeing that staying at his house probably wasn't the best idea. He didn't want to draw any attention towards his home and put her in danger. "Maybe it would be for the best if we found somewhere else to stay? I can't really think of any suitable places though. Maybe somewhere where there aren't too many people, but enough for us to blend in?"[/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom