Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

If it's just a pyramid tournament then yeah, we should probably throw in some NPCs. If it's a round robin we could have some of the early duels match Players against players and the later ones be against NPCs

Should be able to post later tonight as well.

Have a pretty good idea about what I'm going to do

I am going to have to make another deck. The one I have kinda is useless now I just found out in the nexus thingy lol I will do it tonight before posting.

Letrixia said:
I am going to have to make another deck. The one I have kinda is useless now I just found out in the nexus thingy lol I will do it tonight before posting.

It wasn't really my focus for people to have 'useful' or strong decks to compete with, really.

In general, I find it takes a lot away from everything else about the roleplay. In any way I can, I would encourage that players resolve duels and confrontations with methods other than Dueling Nexus when it convenient. DN is a fun tool, and it's a great duel simulator for sure that I love using for the roleplay, it's just that... Swapping out stuff that is character significant to make a deck faster/stronger or dropping the whole theme to grab a "competitive" archetype recipe of the net is a real heart breaker for me. I'm not accusing anyone of these things, as even if they did do it, it's not a crime and I wouldn't wanna spew unnecessary negativity.

Just sorta muddies the waters about this roleplay that's supposed to be more like a Yugioh anime, only the characters are going to wind up (Forced or otherwise) fucking. A lot. You know?

Kaybee said:
If it's just a pyramid tournament then yeah, we should probably throw in some NPCs. If it's a round robin we could have some of the early duels match Players against players and the later ones be against NPCs
Initially, I was thinking more of the first one. However, what's your personal opinion on the second one?

Razgriz said:
Should be able to post later tonight as well.

Have a pretty good idea about what I'm going to do

Looking forward to it ;3 My next post will be a Cupid response for all protags that have posted before then, and then the actual Kaden we'll be roleplaying with's intro.

Round robin means that everyone duels everyone else (or in a sufficiently large group is paired up at complete random for three-to-five rounds of duels against a different opponent each time) and then win/loss/draw statistics for each competitor are tallied and the top 8 or 16 or so get to move on to the next round, from which point the tournament proceeds as a pyramid.

Basically it's just a way of separating the cream from the crop on a large scale without needing to mess around with getting the exact number of duellists you would need to have a perfect pyramid all the way down.

For the purposes of the RP, it lets the player characters potentially face off against each other and still all stay in the tournament despite one of them having to win and the other having to lose.

EDIT: It also gives time for players that finish duels more quickly to 'relax' and possibly get some early smutting in since each round everyone would have to wait for everyone else to finish their duels. Leaving some free time.

Also I think I might rework my deck a little more to be less full on. As it is I feel like it might be too ham for the RP. I might stick with it until I have a chance to duel some of the other player decks and see how it matches up though.

Kaybee said:
Round robin means that everyone duels everyone else (or in a sufficiently large group is paired up at complete random for three-to-five rounds of duels against a different opponent each time) and then win/loss/draw statistics for each competitor are tallied and the top 8 or 16 or so get to move on to the next round, from which point the tournament proceeds as a pyramid.

Basically it's just a way of separating the cream from the crop on a large scale without needing to mess around with getting the exact number of duellists you would need to have a perfect pyramid all the way down.

For the purposes of the RP, it lets the player characters potentially face off against each other and still all stay in the tournament despite one of them having to win and the other having to lose.

EDIT: It also gives time for players that finish duels more quickly to 'relax' and possibly get some early smutting in since each round everyone would have to wait for everyone else to finish their duels. Leaving some free time.

Also I think I might rework my deck a little more to be less full on. As it is I feel like it might be too ham for the RP. I might stick with it until I have a chance to duel some of the other player decks and see how it matches up though.

Until your edit, I wrote and rewrote a response to this like five times.
I'm sleepy, so I couldn't tell if I was being a dick/off-putting when I said "I know what you mean already, I was asking your opinion." Every time I wrote it out I was deeply worried I'd come across as abrasive and it's certainly not the attitude I was approaching this with. It's a lovely suggestion and I mean to promote an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas.

Now with your edit: I finally hear a bit on why you'd prefer it on an opinion stance. Thank you very much! I agree. However, I short of disagree on any chance of our characters dueling each other more than once in this early tournament. It's pace would be a bit stretched further provided that most roleplays like this just drown before even leaving a first "contest" since some people stop responding/feel like it's going too slow. Well, that's my perspective anyway.

I do like the concept of giving the players more than one chance. However, it'd be needlessly grueling for those few who insist on using DN even though their deck is more fun-based/solely used because they ran it all the time years ago (me... lol). It'd only further divide players on the line where some are crafting comp. decks and others are going for a theme. I don't want to discourage people from using (within reason) strong decks, but if we can soften the blow for the others... that'd be for the best.

As I said with the Raigeki choice: It's up to you. I don't personally feel like you need to make any changes to your deck and I encourage you to make the decisions you'd find to be most fun.

And yet, the idea that our characters might have more time to lounge around and perv on eachother... It's hard to pass up.

If anyone else wants to lend their view on this topic, it's certainly open to discussion and far from decided on my perspective. Pyramid v.s Round Robin. And, Kaybee too, I'm still persuadable, I think.

I would say it's a tournament, it's probably going to grind a little either way while duels happen. On my personal note, I would say that I would prefer to be able to interact with the other player characters both in and out of duels before we hit elimination rounds, and that having to fight against a bunch of NPCs before the stakes can be considered acceptably high for my opponents to be PCs or GMPCs would be much more of a drag than duelling other PCs.

Mind you, I have a sort of hazy vision of how I think this will play out in my head, and that vision might not be the same as yours, so I will defer to your judgement in the long run. I guess I'm mostly projecting and saying that this is how I would run the tournament if I were running this. Doesn't mean that my way is the best way by any stretch of the imagination.

And just to say in fairness, an elimination tournament all the way down could also have perving time since each level needs to be completed before the next level can begin.

On the deck end of things, I see your point, and I want to say that I built my deck around a theme, but if we're being fair, I built my deck around a theme with some pretty good competitive shenanigans to it.

Like i said though, I'll try facing a couple other people and see how it goes. If I keep going 5-0 though, I'm toning it down.

Kaybee said:
I would say it's a tournament, it's probably going to grind a little either way while duels happen. On my personal note, I would say that I would prefer to be able to interact with the other player characters both in and out of duels before we hit elimination rounds, and that having to fight against a bunch of NPCs before the stakes can be considered acceptably high for my opponents to be PCs or GMPCs would be much more of a drag than duelling other PCs.

Mind you, I have a sort of hazy vision of how I think this will play out in my head, and that vision might not be the same as yours, so I will defer to your judgement in the long run. I guess I'm mostly projecting and saying that this is how I would run the tournament if I were running this. Doesn't mean that my way is the best way by any stretch of the imagination.

And just to say in fairness, an elimination tournament all the way down could also have perving time since each level needs to be completed before the next level can begin.

On the deck end of things, I see your point, and I want to say that I built my deck around a theme, but if we're being fair, I built my deck around a theme with some pretty good competitive shenanigans to it.

Like i said though, I'll try facing a couple other people and see how it goes. If I keep going 5-0 though, I'm toning it down.

I'd offer a rematch, but my internet is garbo and everyone is using it XD

I feel you on that, by the way. I 'd like to hear other people sound in on how they'd like to see the tournament go.

I would, but I'm writing my own post xD

I did have a thought though.

Since my guy is literally bound to a Duel Spirit (a powerful one at that, and given his Emperor status more than likely arrogant), I was actually wondering if maybe we could have him be a secondary villain instead of another one of this evil spirit's minions?

That way this evil spirit and the Emperor can kind of butt heads (since I imagine neither is very good at sharing xD)

Love the post Raz, and very much wanting to see a face off between Satsuki and Hotsuma now because I can see so much ham in that face-off.

Right?

Red Eyes vs. Archfiends...

FIGHT!

xD

Appreciate the compliment though; figured what better way to kick him off than by giving the dear Emperor another pawn for the Archfiend legions, haha.

Cubics came out late 2016 (past the deadline).

Archfiends have been around long before that.

I thought cubics were old as hell, I heard they got support but I didn't know it was actually that they were an archetype that was new.

Another archetype that further broke Yugioh's already enormous shitstorm of OP meta decks

Yeah, so it turns out that TDS telecom is the only internet service provider for my road =D
It's 70$ for one megabit of some super unreliable internet, or move.
No joke. Three miles away is my aunt. She has TDS as well. Since there is competition in her area, the line for TDS on her road gives her 35 MBps for 100$.

I hate this Y_Y

Reading replies now! I'm probably not getting this internet past the end of the month so I can pay it cleanly and be done with it. Gives me lots of time to schedule some DN duels ;3

After that point, I'm likely to go back to my phone cards. Pretty great deal tbh.

Christ....What a joke.

1 megabit is nothing...Especially for fucking $70

Side-bar:

Carly Carmine > Aki Izayoi

Yeah...Just wanted to throw that out there >w>

Carly Carmine and Jack Atlas was my go to pairing for 5D's.
No joke, there was an AMV on youtube that swayed me to it and I was emotionally drawn to it for like months. Now it's not on youtube =/

I know right? It's totally a joke. When my mum was on the phone with the guy, he tried selling her some super anti-consumer garbage like "Capacity". I mean, if you're marketing it without a usage cap... Throttling the speed and charging people more for less for making use of what they provide is pretty disgusting to me.

Yessiree that is some grade-A fine quality bullshit right there. Literally not how the internet works.

Back
Top Bottom