Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

Kaybee said:
You leave this for an entire 'nother week and I will stage a one-woman riot so help me god.

It'll be up in nine or less hours no matter how I feel about the content I am posting =P
I can't make y'all wait too long!!

Besides, you don't need to stage a one-woman riot. Just come snuff me out in my sad little home in my sad little town and steal my laptop. Pretend to be me to start the roleplay and have all the fun with our superb roleplay buddies we've gathered here~

Solid plan.

Yes but see your shitty internet aside I actually like your writing and ideas. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Killing you is out of the question.

Stealing your brain and uploading you onto the internet on the other hand is totally in the ballpark.

https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=81686''

It's up!
Everyone's characters are invited via letter to join the tournament free of charge as only invited duelists can participate.
Feel free to have them showing up a few hours later than that opening post as I imagine that was around 5-6 AM and people barely wake up around then. lol!

Cupid will introduce himself shortly, everyone have fun now ;3

(30 minutes sooner than my deadline, phew)

No woman riots, please XD

And besides, i can't believe no one thought about physical bribery of some sort ;3

Could I do that to get you to let me use my fusion deck? Lol

I've tested my toon deck and I've won every damn time. XD the traps and spells are just stupid and the fact that unless you destroy kingdom my monsters can't die and they attack directly.

Lol no.
In a test against Kaybee, her deck beats mine 5/5. EVERYTIME
My deck can't even beat the bots.

Maybe Royal Decree will screw you over then? ;P

Well I don't rely on my traps and kingdom is a field spell couldn't I use castel against that anyway? I make rank 4 easy as hell.

Uhm, no?
Field spell works around that fine enough...
But there aren't allowed to be XYZ monsters. We've talked about this.

Hmmm....

Very nice intro, Vik!

Now I just have to plan out how my guy is going to come into this.

Okay so my opener might have gotten away from me a teensy bit...

And might possibly open me up to people noticing how awful my understanding of Domino City and this Era of the Yu-Gi-Oh world is...

Your opener was fine, intro'd Kaden, left the world unstructured enough for everyone else to get their characters into place without needing to throw anything off.

MMmmmmh.
Idunno~
I still wish my post had more pop to it.
And really only intro'd old kaden =P Not even the guy you'll be playing with.

Bonus note? Your post was lovely. I'd rather strive to make mine more appealing to the eye, like yours.

Only, your description of the event makes it sound like this mid-may invitational is more like a battle city tournament.

It's not so much that necessarily? But that's pretty well what I meant when I said my lack of knowledge was showing. Basically Satsuki has only been participating in really local stuff so far, tournaments at local card shops and school clubs, maybe a neighbourhood thing on occasion. This invite is a step up from the next biggest event she's been in, I was assuming it draws from all over the city hence the term city tournament. If that was wrong I can change some stuff up.

Mind you, battle city was my favourite arc, and I drew on that heavily for the getting the duel disk bit, I figured she probably wouldn't have one given she's been struggling to break into mid-level play, and I wanted to make having a duel disk of your own a serious thing because it seems like a pretty major piece of hardware for most duellists.

It'll certainly include duelists city-wide!

There'll be big competitions all year!

Maybe we can play a few months of arc-1 or season 1 or whatever we wanna call it and have it wrap up the evil vs good spirit plot line with a finale city wide battle city-esq event? Perhaps this would be the evil spirit's final gambit until he's beaten? Then we could totally open up the rest of the year's competition and Grand prix for the second one? Perhaps if someone wants to pitch some ideas for season two's overarching big bad/plot(If they'd like to play it), then pm me? ; P helps to plan those things out.

This way Raz and I can roleplay out some turbo duels and get our 5D's on, and you can have your Battle city point and hopefully it scratches that curious itch you might have for it for maximum fun?

Heh, well, we can certainly include a lot.

I was actually thinking about him stealing someone else's invitation letter and pulling some dark magic shit (via either the evil spirit or even the Emperor he's contracted to) to make it his own.

Would that be alright?

Razgriz said:
Heh, well, we can certainly include a lot.

I was actually thinking about him stealing someone else's invitation letter and pulling some dark magic shit (via either the evil spirit or even the Emperor he's contracted to) to make it his own.

Would that be alright?

Do it through the Emperor contract ; D works for me!

Viktoff Samson said:

Maybe we can play a few months of arc-1 or season 1 or whatever we wanna call it and have it wrap up the evil vs good spirit plot line with a finale city wide battle city-esq event? Perhaps this would be the evil spirit's final gambit until he's beaten? Then we could totally open up the rest of the year's competition and Grand prix for the second one? Perhaps if someone wants to pitch some ideas for season two's overarching big bad/plot(If they'd like to play it), then pm me? ; P helps to plan those things out.

This way Raz and I can roleplay out some turbo duels and get our 5D's on, and you can have your Battle city point and hopefully it scratches that curious itch you might have for it for maximum fun?

Doesn't have to be full battle city, I was just assuming it was a city-wide tournament pool, and that's a big deal since it's a step or two above where my character was dueling before. I was just trying to explain why she responded to things the way I wrote her responding to them.

Since you're GMing, maybe a little bit of an explanation of how the tournament is gonna work? Like... I assume there's an opening ceremony to attend where our characters will be able to meet each other for example?

Kaybee said:
Viktoff Samson said:

Doesn't have to be full battle city, I was just assuming it was a city-wide tournament pool, and that's a big deal since it's a step or two above where my character was dueling before. I was just trying to explain why she responded to things the way I wrote her responding to them.

Since you're GMing, maybe a little bit of an explanation of how the tournament is gonna work? Like... I assume there's an opening ceremony to attend where our characters will be able to meet each other for example?

What?
Yeah, I knew you were describing how big of a deal it was for your character. I'm not confused about that.

The tournament takes place over the course of the day (maybe two, if we want some nightly action). Each contestant has been formally invited with their duel history and a depth of research into their deck pools, from which the man who sent the invitations (An eccentric flamboyant type, like a hair dresser dude, someone nobody is going to meet unless I put up and make the character to play him myself.. lol. So this whole bit here is pretty pointless) includes somewhat of a title for each duelist pairing with their most likely favorite/big boss card of their deck as a representation of them. Each duelist will be represented fully on their first duel such that the crowd (and all participating contestants) will have a juicy enough lead on the contestant to decide whether or not they'd like to cheer them on or their opponent. Provided that there is over a year left, and everyone and their mother plays the game, it isn't likely that anyone invited to this competition is some sort of big family name. Even exceedingly well-off and famous duelists are still somewhat obscure to the general masses at this point, so the announcer's introduction is pretty big.

I imagine there will be a large waiting room paired with hallways in a hotel-style that individually houses the contestants so that they can mingle or enjoy the peace of being alone between duels. For the most part, anyone arriving to the front of the building with a letter will be lead to this open plaza-room with the key to their individual room as well. Catering services are common here and I am open to the creative freedom of whatever food your character decides to come across during their long intermission (Since each duel is a one on one... And one duel happens at a time. lol)

If your character is described as analytic/ deep into the metagame as someone who is likely to research other duelists, I am open to them noting that one or two other characters seem familiar or that they've seen them duel in the past. Everyone here (Sans Kaden and Raz's dude), is called upon for their previous performance in lower tier competitions that have been hosted since the beginning of the year. (So, places like card shops. etc. Maybe even less fancy tournaments, too)

In short: We'll cross bridges when we close the distance to them, and have a good eye over the boards we'd be stepping on with nimble patient steps =3

Confusing? God I hope not. X_X

When called upon (As the GM, I'll flatly pick a duo. Maybe I'll run some flimsy npc duelists to pan out the first round and give everyone at least one win.), the two contenders make their moves to the stadium floor where they will find themselves separated by the expansive field. With the magic of technology, powerful and invisible microphones pick up and adjust their audio so that the whole crowd and each contender can hear each other. While they'll be bringing their packaged duel disks, capable of projecting the necessary holograms themselves, the field will possess it's own rendering techno-magic which will upgrade the visuals and stuffs for a grand real tournament level performance!

The field will be a lush green grass with various hologram butterflies and small forest creatures gaily dancing about as though the field were a fairy wonderland just outside of some great undisturbed forest. Each side is clearly marked, but the white lines are thin and lack the boldness to disturb the rich atmosphere the field's potent tech produces.

Letrixia said:
YAYYY

I will post when I can tonight. How are the winners going to be determined

If both players can use dueling nexus: Then, Dueling nexus XD

If one player can't use DN, then it's probably best to leave it up to the individual players in question.

If I roleplay NPC's to fill out the first tier bracket of this tourney, they'll all lose so they can waddle off screen and stop hogging all of my attention XD

Back
Top Bottom