Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

The deck building seems to be a bit borked on my tablet so I can't test the gameplay on it until I've built a deck so...

Kaybee said:
The deck building seems to be a bit borked on my tablet so I can't test the gameplay on it until I've built a deck so...

Do you have access to a laptop/desktop? I'd hate to miss out on this interesting method of interaction with you!

Oh I do, I'm just saying that I can't work on my deck right now because I'm only carrying my tablet around.

Kaybee said:
Oh I do, I'm just saying that I can't work on my deck right now because I'm only carrying my tablet around.

Phew~
Well, it's fine! Pretty sure most of us have access to a laptop or desktop, mobile access would have just been the icing on the cake!

Currently making my deck, is it alright if I just y'know... Try to make a deck like on the show? Very few multiples, lots of card variety, all that stuff? Or do I have to try and be competitive?

That's what I did with mine...Here's hoping it works xD

I also had a question: I know it's only based loosely off 5Ds, but how far are we going meta-wise? Are we keeping it Synchro-only? Or are we including Xyz (I know Pendulum and *shudder* Link are a fairways off in terms of canon, but I'm asking more out of a curiosity standpoint)

To be honest, while I understand the rules well enough to build a deck for the older stuff, Synchro is still a bit mystifying to me and xyz and pendulum are totally off-base.

Not to mention looking up a deckbuilding guide will just get me some ridiculously powerful deck that I would then have to hamfistedly attempt to tune down.

Very true; especially with the new supports for Magicians and Blue-Eyes that have come out, those decks are stupid OP

I tried to keep mine relatively simple since it's an anime-style RP...But yeah, I hear ya on having to tune it down.

Yeah, I've got a deck list together but it's hard to test it out when even the test AI pulls off mad random crazy stuff that I can't follow. It's mostly just spell casters with a bit of stuff that messes around with spell counters -all themed more towards dark monsters- with Red-Eyes and a dozen Red-Eyes support cards to act as the sort of 'theme monster' of the deck.

Total of 45 Cards

Creatures (Total: 28)
1x Dark Magician
1x Malefic Red Eyes B. Dragon
1x Red Eyes Black Dragon
1x Summoned Skull
1x Meteor Dragon Red Eyes Impact
1x Dark Red Enchanter
1x Skilled Dark Magician
2x Red Eyes Wyvern
1x Magical Something
2x Red Eyes Tracer Dragon
1x Magical Exemplar
1x Maiden of Macabre
2x Defender, The Magical Knight
2x Breaker, The Magical Warrior
1x Lady of D.
1x Lord of D.
1x Azure Dragon summoner
1x Hannibal Necromancer
1x Alchemist of Black Spells
1x Witch's Apprentice
2x Apprentice Magician
1x Magical Plant Mandragola
1x Black Dragon's Chick

Spells (Total: 11)
1x De-Spell
1x Polymerization
1x Spellbook of Power
1x Spellbook of Secrets
1x Spellbook of Mastery
1x Pigeonholing Books of Spell
1x Soul Charge
1x Book of Secret Arts
1x Red-Eyes Insight
1x Secret Sanctuary of the Spellcasters
1x Secret Village of the Spellcasters

Traps (Total: 5)
1x Hidden Book of Spell
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Red Eyes Spirit
1x Sakuretsu Armor
1x Red Eyes Burn

Extra Deck (Total: 1)
1x Black Skull Dragon

Well, playing against me won't be much fun for you guys.
An admirable goal, just having theme decks and not looking to change the 'style' of the roleplay. I figured I'd run with my Gishki deck list I liked playing with before since I love the Gishki monsters and the deck is so fast and the way it's summoning mechanic is literally just Ritual summoning was always neat.

And that's an interesting deck list, to be sure. I quite like it, myself.

Fun... Well I guess I'll at least learn something...

I might go restructure into a more strategically-focused deck just a little then.

Gonna stick with the red eyes theme though.

Predaplants doesn't uses pendulum summoning, does it?

No worries Kay, if Dueling me is as much of an annoyfest as I expect it may be for you, I'll do my best to make up for it somehow!

No but their fusions are stupidly strong, it's all about fusion summoning but it's weak against xyz UNLESS the opponent only has 1 xyz monster on the board and I have draco then it wouldn't matter

chimera can banish any monster on the field that's not level 8 or higher XD and it searches a fusion card if it dies and whenever it battles it can steal and gain 1000 attack

Dracostepelia can negate a monster effect permanently but once during either players turn

Greedy venom if it's destroyed can nuke the field and come back and it can negate effects of a monster and hit for 3300 directly.

Starving venom can copy effects and gain attack from the monsters original

And what's worse is that I'm playing the shaddoll engine which makes it faster, I would really wish I could talk about all the cards and why I love my deck.

[size=-2]If I may make a small suggestion, why not keep it at fusions rituals and synchro, since not everyone knows about exceed mechanics, etc. Perhaps later on in the story a few exceed users could be introduced. Just keep it at these three or four mechanics.[/size]

Dark Desires said:
[size=-2]If I may make a small suggestion, why not keep it at fusions rituals and synchro, since not everyone knows about exceed mechanics, etc. Perhaps later on in the story a few exceed users could be introduced. Just keep it at these three or four mechanics.[/size]

Yeah, I feel as though that's very important.

Problem is, I already said that multiple times, (lol) and according to Wiki's own admission, their deck list requires the opponent to make use of xyz summons and modern comp decks to beat them. Read that description.

My Gishki deck is pretty ridiculous. But it isn't meta and it definitely doesn't permanently negate monster effects once per turn on each person's turn. This is one of the consequences of using real cards. You can't set up some sort of rule list to prevent this very specific problem and I don't want to ask wiki specifically to not play with what they want because, even though it beggers believe, their deck list fits all of our current rules. Their deck is fusion summon based. No xyz or pendulum or link summons.

I haven't even posted a response to Wiki's recap of their deck. I have to say something, but I can't think of anything. Other than, that's pretty cool.

Alright, I'm going to be actually building a deck that I want to have a chance then though, which means it's time for the internet to offer me advice about things. FUN!

Kaybee said:
Alright, I'm going to be actually building a deck that I want to have a chance then though, which means it's time for the internet to offer me advice about things. FUN!

Will that Internet advice be giving you something to help deal with this?
wiki234 said:
No but their fusions are stupidly strong, it's all about fusion summoning but it's weak against xyz UNLESS the opponent only has 1 xyz monster on the board and I have draco then it wouldn't matter

chimera can banish any monster on the field that's not level 8 or higher XD and it searches a fusion card if it dies and whenever it battles it can steal and gain 1000 attack

Dracostepelia can negate a monster effect permanently but once during either players turn

Greedy venom if it's destroyed can nuke the field and come back and it can negate effects of a monster and hit for 3300 directly.

And what's worse is that I'm playing the shaddoll engine which makes it faster, I would really wish I could talk about all the cards and why I love my deck.

Real cards only is starting to get a little out of hand xp

I actually managed to build a real life version of the deck but I haven't tested yet XD. And also the fact that they are from the the set that JUST came out this week I think, fusion enforcers bringing the predaplant support which is stupidly amazing, and the other deck I built was the stupid two card raid raptor combo XD.

My predaplants screws over non xyz decks so I won't have much of a prob. If you guys can negate special summons *cough* vanities is stupid * cough* then it shuts it down completely.

I personally think deckbuilds used in Arc-V should be excluded...But that's just me, since it doesn't really fit in with the fact this is the 5Ds timeline.

In any event, sounds like I'll have to retool my deck as well.

Razgriz said:
I personally think deckbuilds used in Arc-V should be excluded...But that's just me, since it doesn't really fit in with the fact this is the 5Ds timeline.

In any event, sounds like I'll have to retool my deck as well.

Oh I entirely agree.
It's actually Konami's fault for their outrageous pseudo dragonball z power creep>_<

But how can I ask Wiki to not use their deck?!

wiki234 said:
I actually managed to build a real life version of the deck but I haven't tested yet XD. And also the fact that they are from the the set that JUST came out this week I think, fusion enforcers bringing the predaplant support which is stupidly amazing, and the other deck I built was the stupid two card raid raptor combo XD.

My predaplants screws over non xyz decks so I won't have much of a prob. If you guys can negate special summons *cough* vanities is stupid * cough* then it shuts it down completely.

Look at how excited they are!
XP

I know I'll have too. But goodness, this is the hardest part about starting competition involved group rps x.x

Viktoff Samson said:
wiki234 said:

I have absolutely no idea, but I have taken advice on fusions into account and cobbled together (by which I mean to say blatantly stole and made a few slight modifications to) a full red-eyes deck. It'll probably still be crap, but I can at least beat the stupid AI on Duel Nexus so that's something...

Kaybee said:
Viktoff Samson said:

I have absolutely no idea, but I have taken advice on fusions into account and cobbled together (by which I mean to say blatantly stole and made a few slight modifications to) a full red-eyes deck. It'll probably still be crap, but I can at least beat the stupid AI on Duel Nexus so that's something...

I'm looking forward to it now!

The IC will be up soon(possible 2-3 delay)

Wiki, PM me?

I'll be ready to join you guys on duel nexus Friday when my home wifi is set up =P

Back
Top Bottom