Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (OOC Chat)

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
Hello boys and girls!

All further conversation for our roleplay should take place here! Sometimes other open roleplays keep bumping their interest thread after starting their rp by using it for their OOC, which is ridiculous. We won't be doing that.

Topics of importance?
Custom Cards:
Will our characters be playing with real life/anime version cards or custom cards we make up on our own?
-I say we should. We could post the custom cards with our characters and I could approve/critique them, if I need too. This way the in character duels are refreshing and vibrant.

Preferred method to determine winner?
-I vote that we use irl duel services (like duel network, or similar sites if that isn't up) and the smart phone app Duel links. Best out of three and then you roleplay out the duel IC. However, if it isn't important or a player wants to lose, I don't mind forgoing this step as long as both players agree.

Feel free to openly discuss these things here, along with asking questions about the roleplay! Interested and you haven't said you're joining yet/unsure? Join in the chat here and ask questions! This is still open for new members!

Plot/interest thread opener:
It's Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, Domino City and all the card games on motorcycles loveliness paired with a recovering Satellite. The only difference? No signers. Instead, numerous duelists banded together to raise awareness for the Satellite and fund raised with their upper class audience in New Domino city to begin dissolving the rampant poverty and famine that used to run their cold claws through the lives of of those that grew up in the Satellite. Duel Monsters is regarded as a sport to be celebrated and its beyond common for most people to practice at least a little or even try their hand at numerous circuits and tournaments held every month. Being unable to read monster effects and do the math to calculate life points is virtually unseen, even among the remaining orphans of the Satellite. The heros that spent years of their lives chasing this passion now have a permanent place in history, but this isn't their story.

Turbo Duel circuits and traditional tournaments are hosted with thousands of intelligent, fit and passionate duelists who strive to have their name join those heroes of the past. From circuit to circuit, tournament to tournament, each duelist performs on television and before packed staduims. The organization responsible for the continued restoration of the Satellite hosts these competitions as the rising stars and winners are hand picked by their agents to participate in a final grand prix during December to declare this year's King of Games and New Domino Champion. Sadly, it won't be that simple this year.

An ancient evil has been awoken. The boundless prosperity and corrosion of suffering has summoned a malicious heart that seeks to feast on fear once again. Superiority, power, fame, fortune, it has possessed the C.E.O of RS(Restore Satellite) and twisted her to it's will. The month is May, over half a year left before the finale where this ancient beast's ultimate plan will finally unfold. As truly passionate hearts of talented duelists are spurned by defeat, an Agent approaches them from the shadows to offer them one more chance and a card so rare that it must be completely unique. One stipulation: The duelist must forfeit their soul.

Conflict breaks. The soulless duelists who are successful with their new card, which seems to have a mind of its own, they find their morals have degraded or vanished and their backs are marked by a beastial mark. Soon a voice whispers to them, they must trap others in underground duels and shatter them completely. A loser of this underground duel has their soul claimed and their bodies are then spoils for the Victor as well.

A ray of hope cracks over the darkening city as a young creature of light stumbles about. Still just a child, the embodiment of love that human hearts have generated over the last decade of advancements in society has found itself seeking champions. A group of five pure hearted duelists are clumsily chosen by what appears to be the duel spirit of Cupid to pursue the Grand Prix and get to the bottom of this problem once and for all.

Yugioh roleplay, non-canon, smutty, played out duels with a plot-ish.
Custom Cards
Kinks, etc.

Who is in?
What we need:
5 protagonists.
I'll play a Duelist who has lost his soul, I have the character all written up. And the embodiments of good and evil as well.
If we can get at least four(discluding myself) Active and engaging players, I'll start the OOC/Profile page! Thank you for the read! I really wanna give this ago. Disclaimer: I don't have much interest in XYZ summons and IDK if we'll include pendulum summons either. Definitely not link summons(not to be confused for Duel links).

My ultimate goal? Create a crew of campy, fun, smutty and interactive characters that grow close to eachother as they overcome this soul eating beast and finish out 'season one' and hopefully, somehow, move on to more seasons with different problems to solve like an actual yugioh series. I'd love that.

Profile Thread

For custom cards, I'm alright when it comes to balance and game design but I'm not nearly familiar enough with YGO on a mechanical level to be willing to consider creating my own custom cards. If I did I would probably work if existing cards and then just reskinning/modifying them slightly.

For how we work duels out, I've been playing duel links lately and while it's a lot of fun, it isn't quite the same as the actual game since the deck sizes are smaller, the field only allows three monsters and three spell/trap cards, and the card pool is rather limited. I am very much game to play over duel links since it would be less of a headache for me in terms of deck construction and the like, but if others would rather something else I can figure out how to use something else.

I'll be writing up my character soon, tonight or tomorrow, but for now just wanted to weigh in on talk.

[size=-2]I may join this, if I have time. Also, there is a new Yu-gi-oh series along with a new summoning method, coming out this spring. It's called YU-GI-OH VRAINS. The new summoning method is called Link summoning. The field has also changed. In all the game won't be fast paced anymore.[/size]

Kaybee said:
For custom cards, I'm alright when it comes to balance and game design but I'm not nearly familiar enough with YGO on a mechanical level to be willing to consider creating my own custom cards. If I did I would probably work if existing cards and then just reskinning/modifying them slightly.

For how we work duels out, I've been playing duel links lately and while it's a lot of fun, it isn't quite the same as the actual game since the deck sizes are smaller, the field only allows three monsters and three spell/trap cards, and the card pool is rather limited. I am very much game to play over duel links since it would be less of a headache for me in terms of deck construction and the like, but if others would rather something else I can figure out how to use something else.

I'll be writing up my character soon, tonight or tomorrow, but for now just wanted to weigh in on talk.

That's a lot of valuable insight, I'd say. And if I am being honest, it isn't just because I agree with you. I am deeply thankful that you put in the time on these and reading them has been a blast. Hopefully the others are inspired to put in their two cents as well!

I don't feel like custom cards need much in the way of balance since the winner or loser won't be determined by them in any of the currently mentioned methods. Though, it is entirely possible (if I got my arms elbow deep and spent waaaay too much time) to actually simulate dueling with them- My purpose for proposing custom cards is purely aesthetic. Simply some gimmicky fun for our characters in the roleplay or to allow them to play to their theme.

@Dark Desires:
I would be SO HAPPY if you had the time. The more the merrier <3 It's a sad reality that people eventually lose interest in group roleplays, so I'm hoping to gather upas many people as possible in hopes to make this last as long as possible!

As for the new series and summoning mechanic, I'm interested in watching it and playing with it irl, but I've skipped Zex/Arc-V and have little interest in including pendulum summoning into the roleplay. Frankly, XYZ is fine, I just feel as though they are aiming to have as many summoning mechanics as they have viable archtypes lol. You know? They're great and necessary to keep a series entertaining, I can totally understand if Kaiba tribute summoning blue eyes for the zillionth time isn't exciting.

I know you only brought them up and didn't suggest anything, I just figured it was important to share my opinion on these things, especially by putting it in perspective of the roleplay. Then again, I wouldn't be opposed to including the Pendulum Summoning down the line. I am unsure about the Link Summoning mechanic, especially since it seems they are including a limiting ruling on summoning from the extra deck.

For the overall game, I am sure Link Summoning and making extra decks more palatable is super important.

Posted my character sheet, not terribly familiar with domino city so let me know if there are any suggestions or anything that doesn't match up with canon (such as canon is for these purposes anyways)?

Kaybee said:
Posted my character sheet, not terribly familiar with domino city so let me know if there are any suggestions or anything that doesn't match up with canon (such as canon is for these purposes anyways)?
I purposefully left the description of Domino in our roleplay rather vague. The idea is it's a futuristic city. However, I would prefer that we all comfortably take the freedom to describe it as we would like too since it's more fun if we all have our own bit of creative freedom and breathing room. It can be a bit crippling to post motivation if you find it somewhat troublesome to describe the environment since you wouldn't want to get it wrong.

Then again, I recommend briefly diving into 5D's or refreshing it with a few episodes. It's my favorite season~

Posted my character. As far as custom card goes, I'll in favor of it as long as we keep it anime-realistic - if it seems like a card is too powerful to appear in the very earliest of the anime, it's probably too much.

My main issue with using an app or online platform to decide results of duel is time. With everyone being in different time zones and having different schedule potentially, getting online at the same time to play out a duel could be tricky, and the cardpool of the platform used may not much what we have in the RP.

I cannot play on dual links as I previously stated but would be willing to put a protagonist in. if you still want me that is.

lilithsboy said:
I cannot play on dual links as I previously stated but would be willing to put a protagonist in. if you still want me that is.

Everyone will have their limits! Of course I still want yah ; D room for three more protagonists!

BadAnime said:
Posted my character. As far as custom card goes, I'll in favor of it as long as we keep it anime-realistic - if it seems like a card is too powerful to appear in the very earliest of the anime, it's probably too much.

My main issue with using an app or online platform to decide results of duel is time. With everyone being in different time zones and having different schedule potentially, getting online at the same time to play out a duel could be tricky, and the cardpool of the platform used may not much what we have in the RP.

I'm not sure if balance is really necessary since the card power won't be determining anything. As long as it makes sense as a card set and isn't one-card exodia, I'd probably be okay with it myself. Then again, if balance in the custom cards is truly a concern for the others, I am sure we can work something out so that we are all satisfied. I'm not opposed to balance, not at all. I just feel as though it'd only really have any weight if the characters were really playing with them to determine the winner as opposed to agreeing on a winner ahead of time between the participants. You know?

It'd be next to impossible to both allow custom cards and simulate actual duels with said cards and ensure nobody is powerplaying or stacking the deck in some fashion. There are a number of ways to go about our ooc duels and if someone couldn't use any or didn't feel like it, I wouldn't be opposed two a pair of participants simply agreeing ahead of time or using any other manor of competition or rng system on the Internet. As long as everyone is agreeable = P

My main concern about custom cards is less about balance and more about suspension of disbelief. Even in its most extreme, the anime never gave us, say, a card that put your opponent's entire deck into the graveyard*, so if a custom card does that level of godmodding it would just be ridiculous.

* The ironically existence of a card that can do exact that notwithstanding.

BadAnime said:
My main concern about custom cards is less about balance and more about suspension of disbelief. Even in its most extreme, the anime never gave us, say, a card that put your opponent's entire deck into the graveyard*, so if a custom card does that level of godmodding it would just be ridiculous.

* The ironically existence of a card that can do exact that notwithstanding.

This is a very fair statement, and I entirely agree.
More or less, this sort of problem would come around in card effect combos. To my imagination at least. Suspension of disbelief is important and vital to the success of a roleplay as otherwise there wouldn't be any escapism. Roleplay without escapism is completely pointless, to me.

Personally I actually really like the notion of being able to play the actual duels and given the huge card variety in the game I would say there's really no need to be making our own ones.

Kaybee said:
Personally I actually really like the notion of being able to play the actual duels and given the huge card variety in the game I would say there's really no need to be making our own ones.

That's an interesting perspective.

My only concern for that would be the genuinely ridiculous deck lists out there in the real game. I would love to play out the games too, but I don't think I would really enjoy playing out the duels turn for turn precisely as the duel played out(What I imagine you were suggesting). It becomes the same problem as canon characters, in my mind. I get too caught up in accuracy and forget to have any fun.

I could still totally do it, though. A problem I don't have that I know others will: Accessibility. Lil'sboy has an accessibility problem with this. I believe. And there would be others.

Edit: If we decide to forgo custom cards, I call the Gishkis ; 3

I mean, even if I had access to every card in the game I would keep to ban lists and character theme, and besides, there will always be duels where we decide who wins and who loses beforehand, the played out ones would just be for those occasions where we don't choose in advance, so in theory someone with no access can just work things out ahead of time every time.

I am good with custom cards though my character will not start off with any because of his background.

Kaybee said:
I mean, even if I had access to every card in the game I would keep to ban lists and character theme, and besides, there will always be duels where we decide who wins and who loses beforehand, the played out ones would just be for those occasions where we don't choose in advance, so in theory someone with no access can just work things out ahead of time every time.

I'm entirely open to this concept. This isn't a majority rules thing, I just sorta hope we can all agree on something and give it a try.

If y'all are interested, there IS a replacement

https://duelingnexus.com/

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Razgriz said:
If y'all are interested, there IS a replacement

https://duelingnexus.com/

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Lovely!
I had a pretty large set of confidence in the fact that Dueling Network wasn't entirely unique, but having a link certainly is a relief. Not to mention I won't have to go searching myself.

Thank you so very much!

Alright, well, I'm starting on deck building, probably something themed around red-eyes black dragon since that's my favorite card. I know it'll probably be terrible but I really want to.

Kaybee said:
Alright, well, I'm starting on deck building, probably something themed around red-eyes black dragon since that's my favorite card. I know it'll probably be terrible but I really want to.

I'm getting wifi installed friday and I'!! be able to work in my Gishki deck list then.

With this, I can confidently say that not going with Custom cards is my preference. Everyone else?

Back
Top Bottom