Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (Profiles)

Kaybee said:
Only if people are aware of Jungian philosophy/psychological theory, and not everyone is.

Basically this.

It's okay. I'm not going to go memorize it just to figure Darell out.
Knew what it was, but I'm not at all invested into it and such.

You do not have to be aware of the theory to google those for letters in unison will give you a very detailed rundown of the basics of his personality. I find using that system actually can make the characters seem more alive.

I find using those bare bones descriptions to be impersonal, lacking character. They're just a set of traits, and while they do provide a loose psychological framework, to say they provide anything resembling a complete picture of a personality is like saying a D&D alignment chart provides an accurate moral compass.

If you want to use it, it's not my place to say you can't, but I think it's really a little bland...

And I feel it gives a much more complete psychological structure than say 2 paragraphs with 3 sentences total particularly when there is a history to back it up which also gives insight to personality.

Other
Name: Galan
Personality: Braggart, Heroic
Appearance:
tAG_131285.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

History: A Russian university student obsessed with the Japanese samurai and Japan culture in general. So he came to Japan and became a duelist. Yes, you have a clueless foreigner traveling the land trying to be a samurai duelist. Most people see him as more the comic relief.

Galan whipping around a Six Sams deck would be quite awesome.

Approved!

A very fun character to think about. Thanks for joining us Zeth ;3
We should be starting rather soon, especially if I can get my shit together and crack down on a few things. No worries about that though!

Update:
All currently accepted characters have been listed on the opening post with their names being links to the posts that contain their approved application.

As it stands, we are now at four protagonists. Due to a rethinking of the overall necessity of "Protagonists" in the arc 1/season 1 setup I have almost entirely in my head, I am not totally sure if we will need five. However, if anyone wants to join and include a fifth protagonist character then they are more than welcome too.

A better description of the Other/Neutral catagory of characters. Characters that do not contribute largely to a positive or negative side of a plot. Characters to be introduced to the story without a standing in the current plot as to favor a protagonist character or antagonist character. Most certainly not less in value when compared to the other categories, the amount of weight a neutral character brings to the roleplay is unique in that it rests entirely upon their writer to weave it's way into their interactions. The potential here is limitless. Characters who may have a bit of a 'good guy' in them who have writers who aren't sure of their participation in the initial plot (That may bloom later on in our roleplay) belong here, for sure.

Will always be accepting new characters. In fact, a side-character section might open up if players wish to include lesser character details on reoccurring secondary characters that they wish to introduce to our roleplay. Feel free to take that as you will.

Thank you!

Worked up a pair of Minor character duelists that can be tossed in as tournament filler and demonstrations of villainous competence.

Other - Minor Duelist
Name: Lilita Barovis

Personality: Delights in tormenting her opponents, drinking their life points and stealing away their monsters to crush them. Wicked and sadistic but not actually outright evil compared to some of the things out there. Just likes slowly and painfully winning her duels a little too much.

bV5IS7p.jpg

History: An upper-class resident of Neo Domino grown bored with her life of tournaments and tests where her tactics were seen as distasteful. Lilita decided instead to make her name in underground and unsanctioned duels where her artistry in producing slow and cruel torments for her opponents is more appreciated by watchers. Unfortunately, this means that she rarely faces seriously strong duelists, and so in some ways her skills needed to win actual duels rather than drawn-out executions are somewhat stunted from infrequent use.

Deck List: Blood-Sucking Fiends[/b]]
Monsters (19 cards)
2x Vampire Vamp
2x Vanity's Fiend
1x Majesty's Fiend
2x Shadow Vampire
3x Vampire Duke
2x Zombie Master
2x Mezuki
3x Vampire Sorcerer
2x Pyramid Turtle

Spells (16 cards)
3x Book of Life
1x Foolish Burial
3x Pot of Duality
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
1x Burial From a Different Dimension
1x The Monarch's Stormforth
3x Vampire Empire

Traps (5 cards)
1x Vampire Shift
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1x Solemn Warning

-------

Other - Minor Duelist
Name: Yuki Kayona

Personality: Young for a competitive duelist, Yuki is quite shy and while she tries her best, she lacks the fire or drive of many others in her bracket. She tries to avoid some of the louder or more arrogant duelists out of fear and is somewhat easy to manipulate due to her lack of spine, though this hasn't landed her in any particular trouble yet due to a small collection of good friends in the community.

JosLQfO.jpg

History: Growing up near the edge of Satellite, Yuki found her family increasingly drawn into cleanup efforts as part of the reconciliation attempts between the Neo-Domino and her hometown. She fell in love with the ocean and its glorious complexities of life and that has been a love that has become reflected in her dueling. Despite the fact that her Ice Barrier Monsters are weak on their own, together they can form complex ecosystems that help each other to protect themselves and weather the fiercest storms.

Deck List: The Frigid North[/b]]
Monsters (19 cards)
3x General Gantala of the Ice Barrier
1x Medium of the Ice Barrier
1x Daj-Sojo of the Ice Barrier
1x Samurai of the Ice Barrier
1x Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
3x Strategist of the Ice Barrier
1x Aqua Spirit
1x Fishborg Archer
3x Defender of the Ice Barrier
1x Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
3x Prior of the Ice Barrier

Spells (18 cards)
2x Moray of Greed
2x Double Summon
1x Big Wave Small Wave
1x Dark Hole
2x Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
1x Foolish Barrier
3x Medallion of the Ice Barrier
2x Salvage
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Water Hazard

Traps (3 cards)
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Sealing Ceremony of Suiton
1x Call of the Haunted

Extra (6 cards)
2x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1x Vulcan the Divine

I love both of them. Certainly a broad stroke of uniqueness to the two when compared to the overall lineup.
They can certainly be put to use ;3

Making some side characters myself.

One will run a machine deck, and I was thinking either Dinosaur or Insect for the other guy

Razgriz said:
Making some side characters myself.

One will run a machine deck, and I was thinking either Dinosaur or Insect for the other guy

So bandit Kieth, rex raptor and weasel underwood themes? ;P
Not hating any, I'm just sort of hoping these ideas together were pure coincidence. A lovely sort of coincidence that would be.

I would love to see them though!

Quite so...Minus the assholery (well, sometimes he will be) and the annoying voice.

Anyway...Going to post a character sheet for my Bandit Keith wanna-be xD Real soon, still working on either an Insect or Dino dude.

(Yes the name was intentional, in case you were wondering)

Neutral

Name: Keith Summers

Personality: Laid back, loves being a playful flirt but knows where to draw the line (most of the time, he's somewhat competent in the art of putting his foot in his mouth)

Appearence:
413140935c7464c77dfdc68d63c87a47.jpg

History:

A natural born American grease-monkey, Keith's always been fond of machines. At fourteen, he earned a position as a part-time mechanic in his father's garage in upstate New York, earning a decent amount to generally afford what few things he wanted. Always outgoing and sociable, he fell in love with some Duel Monster cards that featured his favorite thing to work on: Machines. No one would call him the best, but he rarely Dueled to seriously win; there was fun for him in seeing these otherwise impossible machinations somehow coming to life.

And while New York was nice, his father somehow landed a steady gig as operations junior supervisor at a D-Wheeler manufacturing facility; naturally, this meant having to move. And while most would be saddened deeply at leaving friends behind, Keith saw this as an opportunity to get to know new people. And given that apparently D-Wheelers were a huge thing in this 'Neo Domino City', it meant that he could probably score himself a sweet ride.

And having lived here for a short time, he managed to somehow get an invite to the new tournament; maybe it was because very few Americans seemed to be present, but for whatever reason his father let him take time off. Thankfully his own money let him afford some fairly powerful cards...Ones he never thought he could get back in the States.

And he wants to show people why machines are so badass - And show any ladies interested in a gaijin that there's more to him than just grease and spare parts.

Keith's Deck - Machina Uprising

Total Cards: 45

Monsters - 31
Machina Force
Machina Megaform
Machina Fortress
Machina Sniper x2
Machina Gearframe x2
Machina Soldier x2
Machina Defender x2
Machina Peacekeeper x2
Commander Covington x2
Flying Fortress Skyfire
Barrel Dragon
Psycho Shocker (because let's face it, that's a much more badass name for Jinzo)
Summon Reactor SK
Satellite Cannon
Gold Gadget
Silver Gadget
Psycho Shocker - Jector
Healing Wave Generator
Trap Reactor F-YI
Spell Reactor RE
Invasion of Flames
Black Salvo
Turbo Rocket
Changer Synchron x2

Magic cards - 10
Polymerization
Iron Call x2
Foolish Burial
Limiter Removal
Machina Armored Unit
Prohibition
Amplifier
Raregold Armor
Heart of Clear Water

Trap Cards - 4
Draining Shield x2
Stronghold the Moving Fortress
Negate Attack

EXTRA DECK:
Ignition Beast Volcannon
Vermillion Dragon Mech
Dark Flattop
Armory Arm
Dark Strike Fighter

SIDE DECK:
Poison of the Old Man x2
Sebek's Blessing
Solemn Wishes
Prohibition
Psycho Shocker - Lord

KEITH SUMMERS IS APPROVED.

You know, I would be happy if he held onto a little of that patriotism that Bandit Keith had. It was always funny as hell seeing him in that American Flag bandanna.

Deck list and character approved, Keith Summers will be joining the gang in this Mid-May invitational! I'll be adding him to the first post soon.

For a reference point, I'll be stating this here and in the OOC later: New characters must only be spectators to this tournament from this point on. Keith will be the finial invitee. No worries though, I get the feeling we'll be stringing contests together one after another, so if you're a new player, hopefully you won't be waiting long for a new character to be able to join the central contests.

latest

tumblr_muh29ceUX01r3p71oo1_1280.jpg

big-342676772d.png

Name: Fey "Gadget" Yamaha
Character Type: Protagonist/Antagonist Pawn(Spoiled Sweet / Mafia Princess trope ////// Can be manipulated and tricked or used as bait)

Height: 5"6'
Weight: 117lbs (Never ask a girl her weight)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Disabilities: Server Osteoporosis / No legs (Has prosthetic ones with braces)
Nationality: Japanese (dad) / American (Mom)
Handed: Right handed
Dress: Preppy (Skirts and blouses)/Businesswoman/cosplay
Occupation: Mechanic (Supervisor/Ex-Mechanic), Mascot, and Event coordinator

Personality: Sweet, naive and a bit innocent. She is often overcaring and always trying to help others. Her disability makes her more giving than most even when she gets weird looks in her wheelchair if not wearing her mechanical braces. Fey would always stand up for what is just and right even if it defies her father and mother who are clearly business first types.

Appearence:
98406f0c24dd2b6e6b3615882cb5986c.jpg
Ayases_Void.jpg
Kawai.Shizuka.full.1143234.jpg
1445691994-d8a036e2c03a027b4b7e533d47e69432.jpeg
800full-ayase-shinomiya.jpg

Ayase_Gagged.jpg
Zeitgeist%2Bon%2BA%2BTron%2BBike.jpg

Monsters - 13
3x Nurse Reficule the Fallen One
3x Swift Scarecrow
3x Cardcar D
2x Marshmallon
1x Vortex Trooper
1x Battle Fader

Spells 13
3x Upstart Goblin
2x Pot of Duality
3x Soul Taker
3x One Day of Peace
2x Prohibition (Use this to declare Mystical Space Tyhpoon and Twin Twister)

Traps - 14
2x Bad Reaction to Simochi
2x Waboku
2x Dark Bribe
3x Gift Card
3x The Paths of Destiny
1x Dark Cure
1x Threatening Roar

The Parents
......Fey was born from an affair going on with an american business woman named Jessie Davidson and a Japanese Millionaire named Muugen Yamaha. The mistress soon moved overseas within a few years to live in Japan with Muugen keeping her name due to the money from her ex-husband's business and the royalty checks. Fey was now an infant and only two years old.
Baby Years​
......Fey grew up spoiled and taken care of by maids, butlers, and some mechanics. She was not one for card games even though some of the family friends were in Kaiba Corp and she knew Seto when an infant. She never grew up with him but would see him once a year while the parents met to speak of business. Fey often would play with tools and try to help the mechanics in the shops especially on some strange deck that projected cute monster things when cards were put on it. It was not amazing and was not perfected clearly but the colors made Fey happy and one Mechanic named Scott Francis grew fond of the little girl letting her play with his daughter Lucy while he worked or entertaining them while they sat to the side like good girls watching him work on the proto-type duel bike.
Child Years
......As Fey grew up along side Lucy, Her father allowed her to spend time with the Francis Family. She gained the nickname gadget from Lucy and Scott since she was learning mechanics fast and kept trying to help out with the bikes in the factory. Lucy and her attended a private school for the priviledged and Lucy was hired at the age of nine to keep next to Fey and keep tabs on her. Mr Yamaha had a bit of a trust issue with his daughter and kept scolding her for working in the factory along with not acting lady-like a hundred percent of the time. He did cave and allow her to cosplay because she was his princess after all. Lucy did as she was asked by Mr Yamaha since she was already looking out for Fey's best interest being her best friend. She never lied to Fey and even told her of the arrangement leaving some things out by plotting times to be on dates when she wished to do rather daring things that the father would have stopped. Fey did great in her classes other than in Gym because of how she got into fights with the cheer captain at practice on numerous occasions due to being bullied verbally and physically in the locker rooms.
Teen Years
......As they hit High school, Fey began to sneak out to spend time with a jock named Wallice. She often borrowed motorcycles and some of the proto bikes letting Wallice drive them as she hanged on enjoying the rush. Lucy kept telling Fey that Wallice is no good for her and did not fill in Mr Yamaha knowing how people disappear who are not good for his daughter...be it moving or other. Fey began to tinker with the bikes and was even given some to work on by the mother. One night when one of the machines were holding up the bike above her, it had a malfunction. A line was cut by someone and it was Scott Francis' work station. Mr Yamaha was falling a bit far from his daughter and was seeking a way to get rid of Francis. He had the factory close down early for the first day of the Kaiba Tournament that year and no one was suppose to be inside. Fey was in her short black leather dress with her family leather jacket on underneath the bike working diligently to make some adjustments and fix the fuel line. As the machine malfunctioned and started to spark, she remained working listening to music rather loud on her headphones. The metal hold broke and the bike slid off falling off the support making her jump. As She sighed starting to slide out, the machine lost it's support and fell onto her legs with a fast thud. Alarms went off and screams could be heard. Her mother rushed in knowing that the accident was suppose to happen but was not expecting the screams of her daughter. Fey's legs were mangled and she was rushed to the hospital. Francis lost his job due to it being his work station that broke and hurt the princess of the company and the doctors had to amputate her legs. Fey over the last of her mid teen years began to have to learn how to walk on prostetic legs, use a wheel chair and have mechanical braces give her legs the support to walk for a maximum of five hours before the power stopped and she was stuck.
Present
.......Fey now works for the company helping organize the prizes and tournaments. She is used as a mascot to give out fliers and also as a supervisor on the bikes, animatronics, holographic projectors, and anything else which has to have a mechanic's aid during the events. Her father even gave her a D-cycle that is the same one like the prize. It has the capacities to be adjusted even for the handicapped to be able to drive along with being a legal registered cycle for the tournaments in the future when Turbo battles will be allowed. Fey has become more giving and has learned not to trust her father since she is a pretty good investigator and noticed what happened after based off footage back log and files. She even got her mother to admit it to her privately when signing a document not to reveal the situation and gaining the Francis family money so the father did not need to keep a job from retirement checks and protection checks to keep Fey safe and away from her father. Mr Yamaha sees her but she spoke to him several times stating she will not live under his roof and now has an apartment next to Lucy on one of the higher rich places of the city.

Last edited:
There feels like a continuity issue with her visits that included seeing Seto.

Other than that, this is a beautiful application and an absolute treat to wake up too. It gets my mind going on what might be able to happen to her. Character approved!

Well figuring she doesnt really know him since yeah it was the parents and she doesnt care for stuck up rich brats. even if she is rich she doesnt need to be associated with them she got lucy XD

Protagonist

Name: Tadashi Toru
Personality: Friendly and a good listener, he is the guy that will defend any of his friends without thinking about it. He has been known to get into beatings in order to defend female friends of hers from being bullied. He can be the type of person who is selfless to a fault but also very protective. Tada has a deep respect for any friendship offered and does the best he can to remain friends with that person.

Appearance:
th

History:

Life has not been easy for Tada, since little he always was around his twin brother Takashi. Both of them together were unseprable. Her parents treated them well, with a good stable job they were able to provide for the twins with everything they wanted or needed. When duel monsters came about both of them quickly got decks and used to battle each other all the time. His brother always had the same deck although making it better with each card he bought, to him the deck he picked at the start represented him, his very soul. Tadashi however kept changing decks never really finding his call.

That was until something happened, Takashi was diagnosed with late stage Cancer. The illness already had spread through the system and since it was very small it went unnoticed until it was too late. His parents did whatever they could from radiation to every treatment they could imagine, they did not wanted to loose a son and Takashi did not wanted to loose a brother.
Fate has it that when he plays cruel cards there is nothing a person can do to stop it. On it's deathbed Takashi gave Tadashi his favorite card. Minutes later Tadashi was without a brother, Takashi died right there and then. The funeral was rather small, only few people knew about what the family went through and it was decided to be kept like that, Takashi was burried over a hill until his favorite playing tree.

Five years later Tadashi matured but always kept the precious card nearby almost always never left the deck. His deck collected dust on his room with the card inside. One day he picked up the deck and saw the card with shaking hands he started building a new deck, on his brothers honor. From that point on he went back to dueling, winning some and loosing some, however he never took his card from the deck, it was worth too much to him.

I have a character in mind. I am no artist tho.

Name: Alkados Turamisha

Parents: Kolodos Turashima (Father), Sunali Turashima (Father)

Siblings: None

Personality: A prince, like his father, but also cold-hearted. Currently looking for the girl that suites him.

Appearance: 7'11", 312 lbs. Usually Wears a red T-Shirt at the castle, but a fine gold encrested leather jacket anywhere else. Wears Black Jeans or leggings, brown mullet, blue crystal eyes, Black Boots, and has a 9 inch shaft. :)

History: When he was born, Alkados (or al for short) was born a prince. His mother was happy of his birth, but his father wanted a female. Up until he was 13, his father trained him, worked him, and scolded him. At 13, his father began to accept his son, and later truly declared him heir to the throne.

His life truly began at the age of 13, he began to travel on adventures, and helped out all the citizens of Japan. He helped with discoveries in science, construction, food production, but eventually, he became bored of it. Only one thought crossed his mind: Love. He was waiting for the right girl to come into his life and always be there for him, and also have his kids. *wink wink* At the age of 18 he was still looking for the perfect girl. But what he didn't know is that his perfect girl was right under his nose the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom