Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (Profiles)

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
Hey Everyone! Post your character profiles here!

We're accepting up to 5 Protagonist characters with as many supporting/Antagonist/other characters as you'd like to play! I would prefer to preserve the Protagonist character slots for people who are more than certain about their interest in the roleplay as it's more convienent to leave the roleplay or go missing if you're playing a side character or someone who isn't linked into the plot.
Required outline of a character application:
Code:
[spoiler]
Protagonist/Villain/Other
Name:
Personality:
Appearence:(A good animated pic or two should suffice)
History:
[/spoiler]
No need to include Deck List yet. Not entirely sure if we're allowing custom cards yet or not. I'd prefer it, but the conversation is taking place over OOC so we can all get a word in. Let me know how you feel!

My character is already all written up on my laptop, I just need to fill in the profile fields with his information so that his profile is uniform to everyone else's.

List of Currently Accepted characters:

Protagonists: (4)
Tadashi Toru(Alkris)
Satsuki Ryuka(Kaybee)
Fey "Gadget" Yamaha(Princess Kaylin)
Izumi kagame(Wiki)

Neutrals:
Galan(Zeth)
Keith Summers(Raz)

Antagonists:

Hotsuma Oboro(Raz)
Kaden Kisinger(Viktoff Samson)

Side Characters:
Lilita and Yuki (Kaybee)

Ooc

Protagonist
Name: Satsuki Ryuka
Age: 17 (May change this if the rest of the group would prefer to play older characters)

sCyRCTn.jpg

History: Satsuki isn't a prodigy, she isn't godsworn, and she most certainly isn't filthy rich, but she's smart and determined, and that's what gets her by. Ever since she learned about duel monsters she's been interested in the game. Starting on her meager allowance and a handful of less-wanted cards handed out by more fortunate kids she assembled her first deck and slowly fought her way up the rankings as best she could. Each win gave her a few more cards and each loss gave her a little more vicious determination, until finally she broke into the local tournament scene by her school and began to climb the ladder.

She's been climbing ever since, clawing her way up the rankings of duelists. She sits around the middle of the pack in the now, caught in the nebulous space where many duelists of middling caliber sit struggling against an iron wall of people with better cards and/or better skills. She has to get through eventually, and she intends to, but for now, it's a slow slog, or at least, it was...

Now she's not sure what to think... Duel Spirits? Dark Powers? Danger? Sure dueling had always had it's shady side but ancient conspiracy nonsense like this? I mean come on...

But then again, if it'll help her get better at duel monsters, she'll play some matches to help 'save the world' or whatever...

Personality: In a world obsessed with playing Duel Monsters, Satsuki is an obsessive within the obsession itself. She strives constantly to improve her game, to get better cards, to make it another rung higher up the competitive ladder. To her it's a way out of her lower-middle-class existence, a way to live on her own terms and by her own strength, and while her cards may not be the best, she knows how to play every hand to the fullest.

Satsuki is quiet, calculating, and reserved on the surface but beneath that surface a fire burns. It is no blazing bonfire, no bright beacon of light but rather low and glowing coals, dim to the eye yet hotter than anything.

Deck: Red Eyes' Fury[/u]]
(40 Main/6 Extra)
Monsters (14)
2 - Red-Eyes B. Dragon
1 - Summoned Skull
1 - Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 - Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon
1 - Divine Dragon Lord Felgrand
1 - Dark Armed Dragon
2 - Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon
1 - Meteor Dragon Red Eyes Impact
1 - Red-Eyes Wyvern
3 - Black Stone of Legend

Spells (23)
2 - Red-Eyes Insight
2 - Allure of Darkness
1 - One for One
2 - Red-Eyes Fusion
3 - Return of the Dragon Lords
3 - Cards of the Red Stone
3 - Dragon Shrine
3 - Dragon's Mirror
1 - Foolish Burial
2 - Twin Twister
1 - Burial from a Different Dimension

Traps (3)
2 - Solemn Strike
1 - Solemn Warning

Extra (6)
2 - Archfiend Black Skull Dragon
1 - First of the Dragons
1 - Starve Venom Fusion Dragon
1 - Superalloy Beast Raptinus
1 - Meteor Black Comet Dragon

Kaybee said:
Protagonist
Name: Satsuki Ryuka
Age: 17 (May change this if the rest of the group would prefer to play older characters)

sCyRCTn.jpg

History: Satsuki isn't a prodigy, she isn't godsworn, and she most certainly isn't filthy rich, but she's smart and determined, and that's what gets her by. Ever since she learned about duel monsters she's been interested in the game. Starting on her meager allowance and a handful of less-wanted cards handed out by more fortunate kids she assembled her first deck and slowly fought her way up the rankings as best she could. Each win gave her a few more cards and each loss gave her a little more vicious determination, until finally she broke into the local tournament scene by her school and began to climb the ladder.

She's been climbing ever since, clawing her way up the rankings of duelists. She sits around the middle of the pack in the now, caught in the nebulous space where many duelists of middling caliber sit struggling against an iron wall of people with better cards and/or better skills. She has to get through eventually, and she intends to, but for now, it's a slow slog, or at least, it was...

Now she's not sure what to think... Duel Spirits? Dark Powers? Danger? Sure dueling had always had it's shady side but ancient conspiracy nonsense like this? I mean come on...

But then again, if it'll help her get better at duel monsters, she'll play some matches to help 'save the world' or whatever...

Personality: In a world obsessed with playing Duel Monsters, Satsuki is an obsessive within the obsession itself. She strives constantly to improve her game, to get better cards, to make it another rung higher up the competitive ladder. To her it's a way out of her lower-middle-class existence, a way to live on her own terms and by her own strength, and while her cards may not be the best, she knows how to play every hand to the fullest.

Satsuki is quiet, calculating, and reserved on the surface but beneath that surface a fire burns. It is no blazing bonfire, no bright beacon of light but rather low and glowing coals, dim to the eye yet hotter than anything.
Satsuki Ryuka <3
A wonderful app! I am so happy to see how much attention you are giving this roleplay. A few other roleplayers said they'd join before rebrand, but as they seem to be taking their time... Seeing your efforts is really making me appreciate you lots~

Our first protagonist character accepted!
I'll have my own app soon. I wrote Kaden up a little while ago and he's got a little bit of a muddy bio/personality section in the makeshift app I made for him in a document on my laptop. So, I'll be rewriting that and leaving his past a bit vague. It'll be up soon!

Protagonist
Name: Nekoyama Nia
Appearance:
Kurashima.Chiyuri.600.1525516_zpso5kid3tf.jpg

History: Nia is born with a silver spoon in her mouth, to a pair of mildly successful and well-off duelists. Her Father is more of a commentator for big games, and her Mother is a show girl who was famed for her Black Magic Girl cosplay. Nia is something of a girl genius, playing with cards and building decks as soon as she could read, and can routinely defeat her parents before she's even 10. However, due to her personality quirks, she often loses out duels she could have won, so as far as ranking goes she's either the best of the underdogs or the worst of the elites depend on who you ask. One thing everyone can agree on is that she has flair, always dueling in her catgirl outfit and a little white dress, always conscious of the audience and try to put on the best show even if she loses. She's really more or a showgirl than a duelist.

Personality: Nia is at once the best duelist and the worst. She possesses an intuitive understanding of the game, able to put together and pilot powerful decks without being able to explain her strategy or tactics. At the same time, she views life and duel as nothing but games and always prioritized having fun over actually winning, which would cause her to make rookie mistakes despite being a veteran. Outside of duels, Nia has an optimistic and casual attitude towards everything, is fazed by nothing and seems to find something fun in anything. However, those who know her well would realize emotionally she keeps everyone at arm's length; just like a cat, she's the best acquaintance for everyone, but true friends with only a selected few.

Villain
Name: Noah Kaden Kisinger
Personality: Kaden takes the longest road alone. While he struggles to tell the truth, even to point the authorities in the right direction or to save his mother's life, he's genuinely a caring person who takes on the burden all on his own. A competitor, dueling is probably the only relieve he gets from his loneliness and abominable guilt. From his perspective, nobody else knows what it is like to not be the master of their own words. To be completely void of the self control necessary to speak the truth. Ideally, his closest and most personal relationship would be wordless as he'd be free to express himself with body language and touch where he won't be slave to his condition.

As he's made the deal to trade his hefty troublesome soul for his cards, Kaden is no longer the pained and silent man he used to be. Freely, he can speak his mind and he no longer fears what he will phenomenally fuck up next. Perversions enter his mind as he seeks to sharpen his technique and explore in ways he couldn't stomach in the past. Nothing slows him down as he lacks any sort of concern or guilt surrounding his actions. Those he defeats in underground duels are recorded and blackmailed out of joining competitions, an action that doesn't necessarily increase his odds of winning. Not that logic was a requirement for him now, given his free fall into an under city crime life of drugs, sex, and violence.
Appearence:
Faceclaim: Shin from Amnesia
$_32.JPG

latest

latest
History: Noah "Kaden" Kisinger is without official record. His identity is a fabrication as he wasn't born in Domino city and lacks any sort of paperwork to certify his citizenship. Fleeing home was a decision of his own, he couldn't allow himself to stay as his condition forced him to betray both of his parents and rob his family of what is truly precious. Seeking a lifestyle to escape his condition, Kaden avoided prolonged friendships and kept conversation to a minimum as he scoured land and sea for someone who might understand.

Finally, he found a way to function in Domino city. With his life being a lie, he could communicate and chase dreams of being a respectable duelist. The massive guilt weighed him down as the resulting grief suffocated out most of his motivation. That is, until the darkness invited a pleasant whisper into his head. A deal. Such a transaction didn't seem real, he must have been losing his mind. And yet, he accepted the terms and traded his pre-clipped "wings" for a deck unmatched and a free heart.

Typed it up on the spot!
What do you guys and gals think? I'm open to critique!

BadAnime said:
Protagonist
Name: Nekoyama Nia
Appearance:
Kurashima.Chiyuri.600.1525516_zpso5kid3tf.jpg

History: Nia is born with a silver spoon in her mouth, to a pair of mildly successful and well-off duelists. Her Father is more of a commentator for big games, and her Mother is a show girl who was famed for her Black Magic Girl cosplay. Nia is something of a girl genius, playing with cards and building decks as soon as she could read, and can routinely defeat her parents before she's even 10. However, due to her personality quirks, she often loses out duels she could have won, so as far as ranking goes she's either the best of the underdogs or the worst of the elites depend on who you ask. One thing everyone can agree on is that she has flair, always dueling in her catgirl outfit and a little white dress, always conscious of the audience and try to put on the best show even if she loses. She's really more or a showgirl than a duelist.

Personality: Nia is at once the best duelist and the worst. She possesses an intuitive understanding of the game, able to put together and pilot powerful decks without being able to explain her strategy or tactics. At the same time, she views life and duel as nothing but games and always prioritized having fun over actually winning, which would cause her to make rookie mistakes despite being a veteran. Outside of duels, Nia has an optimistic and casual attitude towards everything, is fazed by nothing and seems to find something fun in anything. However, those who know her well would realize emotionally she keeps everyone at arm's length; just like a cat, she's the best acquaintance for everyone, but true friends with only a selected few.

Lovely!
Two female protagonists? I wonder~
Accepted!

Protagonist
Name: Darrell Jennings
Personality: ESFP
Appearence:
ramon_nadez__tank_top_by_zoidsfan507-d4q2aeb.png

History: Darell's story is the same as most in Domino city, a struggle to survive and hopes of a bright future. The second youngest of 5 Darell's entire family is dirt poor to the point that having enough food for everyone to eat is what they consider a very good day. He started playing cards with what he could find laying around and as such has a very small collection of cards. He fights with an undying optimism that perhaps one day he might actually be able to begin earning a living at it and start supporting his family. He rises to any challenge put forth to him and has somewhat of a reckless attitude often biting off more than he can chew. The reason is not because he is over confident but rather that extreme hope and optimism that one day he will be the one his family looks up to.

Please tell me what you think.

I like Darell. As our line up is now, he's possibly the most masculine character. I enjoy that diversity.
As a work in progress, this is fine. You do plan to fit him to the application, yes? That would include if he were a protagonist character or not. I imagine he would be ;3

ab983202cb18abb9d4c86972b79fc1db.jpg

Izumi kagame (trickster - based on deck played)

One of the top duelist of her school and around those that know her best. She has always loved to travel and duel many different oppenents now hoping to travel alot more and instead of being just the best in her school but one of the well known best in the world.

Personality: When dueling she is rather cold and emotionless wanting nothing more than to destroy her opponent completely, using blitz as well as some bait and switch tactics.

Outside of dueling she is mostly quiet not one to really talk much, though she does help out when she can. In a group of friends she is the brains and has no problem of teaching someone who wants to play in the same style as her. Izumi does not show her emotions easily or outwardly but when she does, it is seen as a much caring heart for those that she's dueled with many times or seen as a caring friend who understands her completely.

wiki234 said:
07a9e00865552d6a636c23e1e185fafa.jpg

Izumi kagame

One of the top duelist of her school and around those that know her best. She is rather strategic and favors blitz techniques of summoning her most strongest monsters fast and easily as well as bait ans switch tactics wanting her oppenent to attack, happening more when she has a face down monster and nothing else else on the field or when she has a certain monster in her hand. When dueling she is rather cold and emotionless wanting nothing more than to destroy her opponent completely.

Outside of dueling she is mostly quiet not one to really talk much, though she does help out when she can. In a group of friends she is the brains and has no problem of teaching someone who wants to play in the same style as her. Izumi does not show her emotions easily or outwardly but when she does, it is seen as a much caring heart for those that she's dueled with many times or seen as a caring friend who understands her completely.
Cheeky follows, not using the application set in the code up top xD

Another instance where I am assuming it's a WIP? Character is fine enough to approve, like Darell. But, Idk if you want to play a protag or antag or other.

wiki234 said:
Pro, I'll edit

When you get that edited, I'!! have to ask for all following protagonists to be male. (The remaining one or two lf them, based on where Darell is going!)

Still totally open to as many female characters people wanna make, though ; 3 Besides, Other characters can still be good guys! And they will certainly be as relevant as the player plays them to be!

Awfully lonely on the antagonist side tho < 3

VILLAIN

Name: Hotsuma Oboro

Personality: Hotsuma's upbringing was than ideal; having lost both his father and brother to Sector's brutality, the world for him was forever painted a grimdark portrait. Initially, he tried to play it off and assume a 'macho' persona. But time and the revelations of Sector's depravity unraveled him, and his experimentation trials by Divine's hands further warped his psyche. And with those that wronged Satellite's residents still free and not in prison, his demeanor has turned to one of cold, unflinching absolution of vengeance.

He slowly hunts those both currently and formerly employed by Sector, dragging them down into the dark shadows he has known all his adult life. Whether he can still be saved or not is still something up for debate.

Appearance:

Non-Psychic Form:

16%2B-%2B1

archfiend-emperor-the-first-lord-of-horror.jpg

History:

A natural born resident of Satellite before the building of the Daedalus Bridge to unite both it and the Tops, he saw the worst of it: Sector's rampant unchecked abuse of power. The beatings, the unjust arrests of people for playing a game, and the many other crimes they committed that never saw the light of day.

He knew how bad Sector was, and even tried to help move people underground so that they would be free of persecution, traveling via the trash pipeline and stealing food, water, cards, anything that the residents of Satellite needed to survive. But his motives ran deeper: He wanted Sector gone, the Facility leveled to its foundation and Rex Goodwin's head on a pike.

One day, he joined up with a fellow 'freedom fighter' to steal a powerful Synchro Monster in order to prevent it from falling into Sector's hands...However, it turned out the shipment was a trap set by Divine, where he was captured and experimented on to be transformed into a Psychic Duelist. The experiment succeeded, but the powers that came with such an ability manifested themselves differently: Instead of being able to summon monsters to the real world, Hotsuma wound up in a contract with one of his most powerful Deck creatures: Emperor of the Archfiends, First Lord of Horror.

At first, he rejected this influence, fearing the darkness would overtake him...But as time went on, he grew to accept the Emperor's presence and used the beast's awesome might to start dealing heavy blows to Sector's patrols and operations...It was all for naught, for after purposely being captured, his last family member - his elder brother Miyamoto - had perished in the Facility's walls, Hotsuma too late to save the only thing he had left to protect for himself.

However, with the advent of the Signers' victory over Aporia and Z-ONE, the threats that plagued the world vanished...Leaving Satellite and New Domino united once more. And with it faded the memories of the past...But Hotsuma never forgot.

The officers of Sector should have been punished, at the very least imprisoned for long periods like they used to do to the poor and helpless...But even that, they were spared from. And because of this, the hate in his heart grew...Empowering the Emperor and attracting a new evil. With the darkness corrupting his already-tainted mind, the unseen evil soon turned Hotsuma into its vanguard, hoping to use the might of the Archfiends and the vengeful spirit of the young man to accomplish the goal it set before itself.

And though he has yet to truly surface...There was one who Dueled him, and all that was said was this, before fading into the ether:

'For those that have wronged, let this be known.
You cannot escape judgment.
In the Emperor's name, for those who would hide the cowards of the past...
Let none survive.'

Abilities:

1) Mind/Body Corruption

Once a foe's will is broken, he can change them into a loyal servant of the Emperor, increasing the lord's army of Archfiend Soldiers. He possesses a tattoo on his chest reminiscent of the card 'Falling Down' which spreads the contagion of madness into those he defeats. There are those that can resist this influence, however, as his hold over his powers is still incomplete.

Razgriz said:
VILLAIN

Name: Hotsuma Oboro

Personality: Vengeful

Appearance:

Non-Psychic Form:

16%2B-%2B1

archfiend-emperor-the-first-lord-of-horror.jpg

History:

A natural born resident of Satellite before the building of the Daedalus Bridge to unite both it and the Tops, he saw the worst of it: Sector's rampant unchecked abuse of power. The beatings, the unjust arrests of people for playing a game, and the many other crimes they committed that never saw the light of day.

He knew how bad Sector was, and even tried to help move people underground so that they would be free of persecution, traveling via the trash pipeline and stealing food, water, cards, anything that the residents of Satellite needed to survive. But his motives ran deeper: He wanted Sector gone, the Facility leveled to its foundation and Rex Goodwin's head on a pike.

One day, he joined up with a fellow 'freedom fighter' to steal a powerful Synchro Monster in order to prevent it from falling into Sector's hands...However, it turned out the shipment was a trap set by Divine, where he was captured and experimented on to be transformed into a Psychic Duelist. The experiment succeeded, but the powers that came with such an ability manifested themselves differently: Instead of being able to summon monsters to the real world, Hotsuma wound up in a contract with one of his most powerful Deck creatures: Emperor of the Archfiends, First Lord of Horror.

At first, he rejected this influence, fearing the darkness would overtake him...But as time went on, he grew to accept the Emperor's presence and used the beast's awesome might to start dealing heavy blows to Sector's patrols and operations...It was all for naught, for after purposely being captured, his last family member - his elder brother Miyamoto - had perished in the Facility's walls, Hotsuma too late to save the only thing he had left to protect for himself.

However, with the advent of the Signers' victory over Aporia and Z-ONE, the threats that plagued the world vanished...Leaving Satellite and New Domino united once more. And with it faded the memories of the past...But Hotsuma never forgot.

The officers of Sector should have been punished, at the very least imprisoned for long periods like they used to do to the poor and helpless...But even that, they were spared from. And because of this, the hate in his heart grew...Empowering the Emperor and attracting a new evil. With the darkness corrupting his already-tainted mind, the unseen evil soon turned Hotsuma into its vanguard, hoping to use the might of the Archfiends and the vengeful spirit of the young man to accomplish the goal it set before itself.

And though he has yet to truly surface...There was one who Dueled him, and all that was said was this, before fading into the ether:

'For those that have wronged, let this be known.
You cannot escape judgment.
In the Emperor's name, for those who would hide the cowards of the past...
Let none survive.'

Well-written, a truly beautiful application to the eye. An actual Villain character too!!

Hotsuma is more than humbly accepted (I should probably start the IC now.....)

Hopefully the mentions of canon stuff stays in the app, though. Initially we were just borrowing the setting. However, your description fits and I'm fine with it. Damn. You and source material are like:

Pretzel.jpg

Protagonist
Name: Kiro Hibiki
Personality: Kiro is quiet but observant, she is almost always looking from the distance on duels and things he loves. He does not like fighting on a big stage or in hard situations but if his friends are in danger he would do it without question. He is calm and collected, he is not the type of person to get desperate when things go bad.Kiro is an analyst and sees every difficult situation with a way of getting out. Although he does not like to fight when he does people values the effort and are often surprised by him standing up for others and most of all himself.

That does not mean however he does not respect himself enough to defend himself but on the contrary, he knows if he fights he would often win which is why he does not want to see others hurt because of him. When dueling comes around however he is a totally different person, he is confident of himself and he does whatever it takes to help his friends. He respects his opponents and often times resolves issues via a duel rather than physical fights if he can afford it.

Appearence:
d80b6bc7fc39ebda7319ad1d4a8b6d44.jpg
ad3dfd6a416b16ca1b525e2a5992c01d.jpg

History:

Kiro was born in Domino city, since little he always has been interested in duel monsters and the capability of many different tactics using those cards. Her mother however wanted him to focus on his studies and to forget the cards thing that he didn't. Although he always aced all exams and was considered one of the smartest kids in school he was always alone and always looking around for duels that he could see and admire. He knew every card had a strategy and often times walked around dumpsters near card stores and picked up cards that people threw away that was how he came up with his first deck.

People found it rare the first time he entered the store but when they saw his deck they laughed at him. All that stopped the moment he got his first victory of cards people often threw away that is when he realized he truly had a gift for this and figured out that duel monsters like everything was just math and probability which he thanked his mother for pushing him to study even though he didn't want to. His father however did not cared if Kiro played and often times encouraged him to just follow his heart. He gave Kiro a small job helping him with some repairs (he was a handyman) and paid Kiro enough to do whatever he wanted with his check of course he made his deck and from that moment on he never looked back he knew what he wanted to do.

Duel monsters gave him friends and those friends backed him up as well as he backed them up. He knew that his deck was quite different reason why he loved it. Still keeping a few cards from the dumpster he made his deck after a lot of thinking and studying paying him back big time.

Mr. Hibiki joins the protagonist crew!
That puts us to one male and three female protagonists
Zero others and two male Antagonists.
If Darell gets a filled out application (You there lilithsboy?) and proclaimed a protagonist, then the five crew is complete.

All I gotta do before we start is craft the spirit characters for the plot and then we'll be good to go!

lilithsboy said:
I finished him on the 25th dude...

Ah, of course. You edited it and didn't say anything. In editing it you still didn't follow the profile template. If you did then numerous times I visited this page and scrolled down past your character: I would have seen various bits of information above the picture. Not seeing it in format was pretty much the only reason I thought he wasn't edited yet. Because, I have lots of other things to do and it's fair to see that I missed the obscure two lines you edited in. The info I asked for is there though, you're right.

Not at all upset or cranky over it, this is nothing. Besides, Wiki's character isn't in format either.

Given that I also approved Raz's character with a single bit in his personality field(ya goober), I don't see any reason I can't approve of Darell.

This means the protagonists section is now temporarily full. This doesn't mean that people can't play "good guys", mind you. These protagonists are the initial five who would be selected to deal woth the encroaching problem.

Back
Top Bottom