Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Tale of Two Roommates (Davian_Veq, Tomboy)

Davian_Veq

Star
David woke as smoothly as ever, to the soothing strains of birdsong and his alarm clock. He groggily levered himself upright, stretching and stumbling across the room to his desk. A nearly unconcious tap, and the gentle racket ceased.

"Slept through that, huh?" David muttered glancing at his new roommate, conked out, fully dressed, on top of her bed on the other side of the room.
"I have a feeling you might be difficult to live with, Sam." Her unconciousness did nothing to change his sensibilities, however, and he crept away towards the bathroom to actually get dressed.

The eternal call of the coffee pot, however, put paid to David's musings, and as the kettle boiled, and the black stuff of goodness brewed, he casually regarded the stack of boxes piled haphazardly in one corner of the kitchen.
"Ah, more work. No, I'm sure she'll do her part."

At the pouring of a cup of the deepest darkest espresso, a thump and slurred grumbling could be heard from the shared bedroom on the other side of the wall. A measured thought had David quickly pouring out a second cup for her, alongside the traditional hangover bottle full of water he had prepared since Sam announced her intentions to go clubbing last night.

A flick of a wrist, and the stove was on, the frying pan and saucepan at the ready. A quick rummage produced eggs, bacon, and some thyme from the carefully cared-for plant on the windowsill.

"Well, I may as well make a good... uh, second impression." He mumbled as eggs were broken and bacon began to sizzle.

It didn't even take her an entire day before falling back into her usual pattern of spending the night out in the city and sometimes returning just when the birds started to sing.
And she HAD sworn to herself she wouldn't do that for the first few weeks but here she was, lying on top of her bed, snoring and still very much clothed.

Torn grey jeans, high combat boots that made her look even taller, a red tank top and her leather jacket serving as a makeshift sheet Sam lay there before one clumsy move made her tumble off the bedside and meet the floor.

David might have been able to hear the faint cursing of Sam grumbling, rubbing her forehead as she brushed a strand of black hair out of her face, tucking the somewhat short hair away as her nails scratched through the short stubble on the left side of her head.
"Damn, so much for first impressions." Sam mumbled, letting go of a sigh as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.
Raising her head she managed to make out the familiar smell of someone cooking, making her remember just how hungry she was after an entire night out.

Getting to her feet and unceremoniously throwing her jacket on her bed Sam trudged her way to the kitchen, yawning as she raised an eyebrow at the sight of David cooking.
"Mornin'..." Sam remarked, eyeing David before taking a seat, grasping the cup of coffee he prepared for her.

"Good morning!" Was the reply shot over his wide shoulders, slightly too loud. A quiet wince was the first response to his words, and David grimaced slightly. A hangover was no laughing matter, as several previous friends had taken pains to remind him. Tone it down a little, then, he thought.
"So, how was your night? Oh, and how do you like your eggs?"
A pan of water was swiftly moved to the hob, a dash of vinegar added and it quickly began to bubble.
"Fried, scrambled, poached, boiled or spanish fried? I usually like them poached myself, and oh, do you like toast with them?"
Oh god, thought David, I'm babbling already.

He turned around to look at Sam, slouching over her coffee.

David was not a small man. At a solid 6'2", he loomed over many people with the large frame of somebody who liked both exercise and food. A short lock of his messy brown hair fell in front of his glasses, and he hurriedly reached up to brush it back.

David moved to the cupboards, with his neat collection of tableware, and carefully retrieved another plate for Sam, large hands gently moving the delicate tableware.

Back
Top Bottom