Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yugioh - Designer Souls (ALWAYS ACCEPTING)

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
It's Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, Domino City and all the card games on motorcycles loveliness paired with a recovering Satellite. The only difference? No signers. Instead, numerous duelists banded together to raise awareness for the Satellite and fund raised with their upper class audience in New Domino city to begin dissolving the rampant poverty and famine that used to run their cold claws through the lives of of those that grew up in the Satellite. Duel Monsters is regarded as a sport to be celebrated and its beyond common for most people to practice at least a little or even try their hand at numerous circuits and tournaments held every month. Being unable to read monster effects and do the math to calculate life points is virtually unseen, even among the remaining orphans of the Satellite. The heros that spent years of their lives chasing this passion now have a permanent place in history, but this isn't their story.

Turbo Duel circuits and traditional tournaments are hosted with thousands of intelligent, fit and passionate duelists who strive to have their name join those heroes of the past. From circuit to circuit, tournament to tournament, each duelist performs on television and before packed staduims. The organization responsible for the continued restoration of the Satellite hosts these competitions as the rising stars and winners are hand picked by their agents to participate in a final grand prix during December to declare this year's King of Games and New Domino Champion. Sadly, it won't be that simple this year.

An ancient evil has been awoken. The boundless prosperity and corrosion of suffering has summoned a malicious heart that seeks to feast on fear once again. Superiority, power, fame, fortune, it has possessed the C.E.O of RS(Restore Satellite) and twisted her to it's will. The month is May, over half a year left before the finale where this ancient beast's ultimate plan will finally unfold. As truly passionate hearts of talented duelists are spurned by defeat, an Agent approaches them from the shadows to offer them one more chance and a card so rare that it must be completely unique. One stipulation: The duelist must forfeit their soul.

Conflict breaks. The soulless duelists who are successful with their new card, which seems to have a mind of its own, they find their morals have degraded or vanished and their backs are marked by a beastial mark. Soon a voice whispers to them, they must trap others in underground duels and shatter them completely. A loser of this underground duel has their soul claimed and their bodies are then spoils for the Victor as well.

A ray of hope cracks over the darkening city as a young creature of light stumbles about. Still just a child, the embodiment of love that human hearts have generated over the last decade of advancements in society has found itself seeking champions. A group of five pure hearted duelists are clumsily chosen by what appears to be the duel spirit of Cupid to pursue the Grand Prix and get to the bottom of this problem once and for all.

Yugioh roleplay, non-canon, smutty, played out duels with a plot-ish.
Custom Cards
Kinks, etc.

Who is in?
What we need:
5 protagonists.
I'll play a Duelist who has lost his soul, I have the character all written up. And the embodiments of good and evil as well.
If we can get at least four(discluding myself) Active and engaging players, I'll start the OOC/Profile page! Thank you for the read! I really wanna give this ago. Disclaimer: I don't have much interest in XYZ summons and IDK if we'll include pendulum summons either. Definitely not link summons(not to be confused for Duel links).

My ultimate goal? Create a crew of campy, fun, smutty and interactive characters that grow close to eachother as they overcome this soul eating beast and finish out 'season one' and hopefully, somehow, move on to more seasons with different problems to solve like an actual yugioh series. I'd love that.

RE: Vague Yugioh Group RP interest check!

Alura--x--Uneii said:
So no canons at all?
I find playing as or with canon characters to be very limiting. Personally, when canon characters are introduced into a fandom roleplay, I find my focus is more on character accuracy than building an experience of entertainment. But, that's just my opinion. I am very interested in playing a big yugioh roleplay, so if you really want canon characters and we gather three other olayers open to that, then I would be more than willing to give it a try.

I would try and play though how will we do the whole duel thing just pick whatever cards we want from out deck?

lilithsboy said:
I would try and play though how will we do the whole duel thing just pick whatever cards we want from out deck?

Numerous ways!
There are plenty of free sites that allow you to duel others over the Internet with the full library of existing yugioh cards available. We could simply duel over there and then play out the duel in the roleplay, or even just determine the winner and then play out a more dramatic or pressing game with different events but the same winner. Cripes, I'm even open to playing against you guys over duel links to determine winners since I have more of an ease to access that game than DuelingNetwork(The site I was talking abojt above).

Okay works for me though I actually do not have access to duel links as long as we can work that out I would be very good to go.

lilithsboy said:
Okay works for me though I actually do not have access to duel links as long as we can work that out I would be very good to go.

You don't have a smart phone??
No worries anout that either way! I don't mind working out anything, I certainly would love to get this going!

Any setting you'd like in particular?

I have a very dumb smart phone if that makes any sense it really does not have much power and even playing flow free on it can sometimes cause the battery to heat up.

Also I am good with practically any format though think the whole poverty-stricken era would work well that you suggested. Because it has been so long since I have played the game I am going to play a character who really does not have much of a deck and work my way up from ground 0 using advice from other people ic

Well I could give it a shot. Though I am terrible at Yugioh.

lilithsboy said:
I have a very dumb smart phone if that makes any sense it really does not have much power and even playing flow free on it can sometimes cause the battery to heat up.

Also I am good with practically any format though think the whole poverty-stricken era would work well that you suggested. Because it has been so long since I have played the game I am going to play a character who really does not have much of a deck and work my way up from ground 0 using advice from other people ic

Ah, I getchya. At the end of the day a phone needs to be able call people, right? Buying a new phone the moment the old one just isn't capable of playing what you'd like is a frivolous way to just throw away money. I keep forgetting that I have flatly weird priorities provided that I'm surviving off my tax return money, lol. My bad~

Yeah, i quite like the idea behind that one two. Namely, because it's lifted from 5D's,which was my favorite series. I'd imagine running it with a number of characters V. S. A patrol character with a strong sense of justice would be quite interesting, too.

Zeth said:
Well I could give it a shot. Though I am terrible at Yugioh.
Oh that's fine, man. Most Yugioh characters were terrible at the game as it were. The first season was crawling with characters whose decks were sub 1000 atk/Def normal monsters and nobody knew the game rules flatly for some time. CHRIST, Yugi used monsters to attack field spell cards xD And just flatly made up that destroying the moon lowers the tide to destroy all of mako's monsters instantly. Not being great at the game is fine because I would love to have all sorts of characters who have different interests. In the setting that Lilithsboy pointed out above, a good excuse for not being great at the game could be that your character can't afford/find better cards. If you wanted to play a more supporting role, I don't mind if you play a character that doesn't duel until you feel comfortable giving it a try.

Thoughts?

If dueling is just the smartphone app, I can give it a whirl. But where does the freaky sex come in? I got a one track mind, I know. :p

Zeth said:
If dueling is just the smartphone app, I can give it a whirl. But where does the freaky sex come in? I got a one track mind, I know. :p

The phone app is a slightly watered down version of yugioh pre-GX, but I hope they expand. It's three monster/spell and trap zones, no main phase 2, starting hands are four cards with the first turn player doesn't draw. Minimum deck list of 20 cards. Maximum Extra Deck space of 5 cards with slightly varied card effects/cards that don't exist in the real game. The metagame is very engaging and frankly, its probably the only app that provides unlimited player versus player that is rewarded indefinitely with zero way of gating it. There is a slight 'energy' system in the non-pvp side of the game as npc characters take time to respawn in the game world and character from the show require accumulated gate keys to challange. The biggest difference between the mobile game and the real world card game is that you can build decks around the various show characters you decide to play as for whom you unlock these various "skills" for that basically allows them to cheat. Lol. Skill examples include: Starting the game with various field spell cards (Yugi gets Yami, Kaiba get mountain, etc), some characters can decide to, before the first turn happens, shuffle their hand into the deck and redraw it once. Things like that. But, I love it and I'm totally down for some games for fun or using it to determine a winner for rp duels. If you prefer literal games that are exactly like Yugioh to simulate actual duels using decklists, Dueling Network does very well at that!

As for sexy stuffs, I'm totally down for some mxm stuffs ; 3 Frankly, the only reason this isn't 'Open Roleplay', is because I would like more of an ability to keep joining characters to a general theme. I don't have much of an interest in overall plot or ham fisted required participation of all characters in any specific events. Buuuut, if we can get some players who play female characters and if people really want to get into sexy stuff, I am 100% in favor of it. Who knows? Maybe some of you guys play as duelist who are more interested in making the loser perform sex acts (perhaps against the their will?) bonus points: Maybe the current street duel system forfeits the loser's deck/designated most valuable card(s) to the winner and the way these devious molesters black mail the loser into doing stuff is under the idea that they'd get their favorite card back?

I would prefer a roleplay that is capable of pandering to fans of the show who love the card game or silly hero x villain antics that also does well as a sexy adult roleplay without excluding people who might be interested in either or both! You know?

Sadly, it can be a bit of a stretch to try doing more than one thing and expect them both to do well. I generally feel as though it's best to appeal to as many people as possible because group roleplays are best with 3+ people~

If I am to assume that both yourself and lilithsboy are joining, then we really only need one or two more peeps who like the general vibe of this (admittedly under construction) concept and we'd be free to start! Also: Thanks : 3

Bump. I give this a week.
If we gather a total of five interested players and Agree on a setting, I'll start it.

well I was actually trying to build a deck personally (working off of only cards that have been common) but like I said I do not have a smart smart phone so I figured that duel network would work best but I think it is down for the time being. I am interested though and really want to play. Btw I like dark wind and light, I was planning on working a harpy deck to start.

You are a curious case. Only because you like harpies! Lol.

I'm glad to have you aboard! Dueling Network is down? Sadly, I can't check it myself until I get home wifi installed in a few weeks. Anywho, I'm sure we can work on a setup that works until then!

As it is, my largest concern is getting more members who might be interested and concrete-ing our setting. Potentially, even a plot~ just whatever you guys might find most desirable.

As for your post's topic: My character will be running Gishki's. My favorite~love water monsters and rituals myself and they are just SO BULLSHIT xD

Hey I stopped just as the harpy lady #1-3 and that baby pet dragon hit (it was fun).

I actually think that a mulligan system will work for us too (basically you both have to put up a card and the looser forfits theirs) The reason for this is because no one is forced to do anything they really dont want to do (other than give up said card) but you can have some very interesting dubcon situations. Of course you could always wager more on a match.

I dabbled my fair share into xyz's, but I've never really seen and pendulum effect cards irl. Yugioh's, changed so much, lol.

That's actually what I was saying. Perhaps I wasn't quite so clear? That's actually 1 for 1 what I was saying, or what I thought I was saying xD

My only problem with it as it stands would be how they get the card(s) after the duel. It can't just come down to the honor system where you just trust the loser to hand it over. You also can't have them place the wagered cards in a box or some outside mechanism for the winner to retrieve them as what if they plan to use their wagered valuable cards in the duel? What if the loser decided to tamper with that system in advance or runs to said point/box before the winner to take their cards?

It's probably best to use futuristic technology to suggest that their duel mechanisms possess rhe ability to teleport something inanimate and small over mundane distances. That'd work.

I was agreeing with you yes that works out nicely and also gives a type of leveling up to the system you are working with.

You also could have a more mystical system in place if tech does not work. The entire premise of the Yu-gi-oh world is that the cards represent real life creatures what if the cards themselves choose their master and if one decides to renege the card itself turns on the person? Suddenly your Blue eyes dragon will refuse to attack your opponent and go straight for your life points, until you give the card to it's true master. After that if the person who wins it wishes they can give the card to whomever they want and the card will accept that.

While the duel spirits and mystic side of yugioh is great, I'd prefer if it were more of a taste preference and detail players choose to encounter as opposed to a roleplay-wide overall feature. It's great when you intend to encounter it and such, but I would hate to have it be an overbearing world detail and potentially shoo people off if they don't really find that to be appealing, you know? I prefer a tech based explanation for the transfer, myself.

And oh! XD my bad. I misunderstood.

I got duel links! 060-363-164 is my duelist id.

Oh nice!
Yeah, it might be more productive to just make a thread for duel links because... This group roleplay idea isn't getting off the ground. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom