Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is this place Heaven or Hell? [OpenHentai x Sophia Titor]

Ruta smiled and rested against Erisella. The two would have a lot of hardships ahead no doubt, but she felt they could do it if they stuck together. They had each other, for now, that’s all Ruta could ask for. Ruta ran her hand down Erisella’s back more. She felt the scars. More and more Ruta felt them becoming one with Erisella. Permanent reminders of the suffering this beautiful endure. They were a part of her, her past. Not her future. Ruta swore to herself that not another scar would blemish her back. “No, thank you, Eris.” Ruta said as she closed her eyes.

Ruta breathing stilled, she welcomed the night, and hopefully pleasant dreams. After what she’d just experienced, Ruta could only hope a pleasant night’s sleep was to follow. She awoke, Ruta was lying naked once more. Though in an unfamiliar place. A beautiful room with a window letting in light from the outside. The dawn’s radiance. She laid on a soft, plush bed. Beside her, Ruta felt her. Erisella. She leaned over and kissed Erisella’s neck. “Good morning dear.” She spoke so affectionately.

Ruta breathed easy. The dream was comforting. She was aware of her dream like state, but she allowed her fantasies to drive themselves. This escapism felt so needed right now. It was sweet and cheerful. Plus, Ruta was not against taking a woman like Erisella as a lover. So Ruta saw no harm in embracing the sweet fantasy. Better than dreading over a troublesome reality.

As sleep took her, a dream soon followed. It was hazy, as if she was surrounded by mist. Tunnels and underground rivers were flying past her as if she was gliding through them effortlessly. She saw more ruins, more signs of a civilization, long gone, buried underground. Suddenly everything slowed down and she found herself floating above a large, luminescent lake, deep in the underground. In the center was a small island, scattered with pine tree's and a log cabin. The island seemed out of place with the rest of the surroundings, as all other structures within these depths were stone ruins, crumbling, and thousands of years old, but this seemed relatively new, with a fire light glowing inside. She felt herself pulled forward until she was within this cabin, deep within the underground. Hasty scribbling and heaving breath filled her ears as her attention was drawn to a cloaked figure, muttering to theirself as they filled page upon page in their book. Piles of books were littered throughout the desk. What was the person writing? Who were they? Before she could ask these questions, the figure let out an echoing unseemly scream, before everything faded to black and she woke up.

Erisella opened her eyes slowly to find herself naked, pressed up against another woman, their arms entwined around one anothers bodies. After the confusing nature of the dream it took her a moment to return to reality, calmly recalling her memories before choosing to panic. She and Ruta made love. Atleast she believed they did, love making between two women, she didn't quite understand it yet, but she knew how it felt and remembered the bliss. Instead of recoiling she remained still, gently nuzzling her neck, the warmth of her light hovering next to them still keeping them warm. It felt wonderful to wake up next to her. She didn't feel alone.

"Are you awake?" She whispered, not wishing to startle her, but she felt inclined to discuss her dream. Was it another vision? It certainly felt like something was trying to guide her since she fell down into this place. Was it Ven? Or Velka or what ever this deities real name was? A cabin and full sized trees in a place like this seemed so unusual, but this entire place seemed like the earth just swallowed it one day, so perhaps it was real, perhaps there were more answers there, and another person? But there was that scream...what did that mean?

She shut away the questions plaguing her thoughts and spoke again, kissing her neck flesh gently. "Ruta. I think I had another vision. We need to go deeper. There is something we have to look for."

Ruta embraced Erisella within her dream. The two kissed and held each other passionately. It made Ruta’s heart race. She smiled serenely as she looked into Erisella’s eyes. In those eyes Ruta saw a life time of love. It captivated her. She could still feel the dissonance between this world and the life she knew, but Ruta’s heart and mind allowed her this fantasy. They kissed once more. “I love you, Eris.” She said to her lover. She laid Erisella down and laid herself upon her lover. Groping her breasts and kissing her more. Ruta’s moist sex rubbing against Erisella’s leg. Imagining all the amazing sex and lewd acts they would share. It wasn’t lecherous or adulterous, it was sweet. It was love.

Ruta heard Erisella’s voice as it slowly pulled her back to reality. She opened her eyes closely and gazed welcomingly at Erisella’s beautiful eyes. They did not look the same as Ruta dreams, but that did not make them any less beautiful to behold. She kissed Erisella and thought for a moment about her words. “Deeper you say?” Ruta paused and thought about it. “I can’t say I’m surprised. I want to get to the root of this too. I guess we have a plan then.” Ruta felt herself returning to her more calm and cool headed nature. She needed to still be strong for Erisella’s sake as well.

Oblivious to Ruta's dream, Erisella was quite taken back by the way she looked into her eyes. The gaze alone was enough to make her blush and look away. She had experienced a gaze like that once or twice from men in her order, back when she was expected to marry, but this was the first time the gaze didn't feel intrusive. Being looked at in that way by someone like Ruta was far more appealing than any man. It was this realization that made repressing her attractions toward women seem even more fruitless. How could she have gone all this time believing something so pure was so evil.

She returned the kiss, half tempted to get lost in her lips and those yes, but she pulled away gently, searching the ground for her clothes. "I saw something in my dream...A cabin, down here, built on an island in the center of one of the underground lakes. I know it sounds odd, and maybe it was symbolism and the cabin isn't real, but I feel like there's something I have to find. messages. Someone was writing something..." She trailed off as she focused on the memory again, trying to make sense of it before shaking her head, her long blonde hair falling over her face, as she rose to her feet, tugging her trousers on.

"Finding something to eat before we go, is a good idea too, and fashioning some weapons, like that spear you made...I wish I didn't lose my sword in the fall, but I have my light atleast." She didn't even notice that she was casually giving orders rather than asking Ruta if she thought it was a good idea. Slowly she tugged on her tunic over her upper body, covering her pale flesh from view, reaching up to fix her tangled blonde hair. "Last night was....uhm..." She blushed again, turning to look at the ground. "Last night was...nice." She had been tempted not to bring it up at all so they could focus on food, exploring and their survival, but she didn't want to give the impression that she regretted it, because she didn't.

Ruta agreed with Erisella’s plans. She seemed rushed, but Ruta agreed that they needed to speed up a little. It’s been two days now and not a soul had found them yet. For better or worse. She heard Erisella admit she enjoyed the intimate act they shared. Ruta turned up her nose. “Only nice?” She looked at Erisella and smiled, “It was very nice for me too Eris.” She walked over to Erisella and wrapped her arms around her. The feeling of the cold, steel plate against her bare skin gave Ruta chills. One hand reached through Erisella’s tangled locks and pulled her into another kiss.

Ruta broke the kiss and grabbed the make shift spear. Handing it to Erisella. “This will make due for now.” Ruta looked around until her found another large stick. She then looked through the rubble and rocks. Until She found a few gray rocks. Ruta stuck one against the other generating sparks, but also chipping away at its edges. She spent a good amount of time sharpening the rock to a point and finally formed a point like a large arrow head. Ruta next grabbed some loose brambles and tied them off around the head and tip of the stick. Creating a makeshift spear. “This should help too.”

Ruta next took her close and put them in her bag. Ruta put the bag over her left shoulder and crossed it over her chest, resting it against her right hip. The strap resting between her bare cleavage. Her clothes wouldn’t help her in close range combat, nor did she really need them for magic casting. So, Ruta held onto them and embraced her nudism. Figuring Erisella no longer minded. "Let's go then."

"More than nice." She added, when teased, but it was clear she was still uncomfortable. Not of Ruta, but of her sexuality as a whole. however she did not pull away when pulled into another kiss. It was as if Ruta's lips grew softer each time she felt them, each kiss better than the last. If she wasn't careful she felt she could become addicted to this other woman, and would never want to let her go.

She pulled away and watched Ruta prepare the spear, taking one final glance around their makeshift camp, her stomach rumbling. But perhaps it was a good idea to make some ground today and catch some food later. They had been in the same spot for too long, rescue wasn't coming, and even if it was, she didn't want to be there when it arrived.

When Ruta put her clothes in her bag, she let out a soft laugh, her eyes drinking in the other womans nude form. "I get why you prefer it...but you're really not making things easy on me...you're beautiful." She sighed and turned away, before deciding to remove the the chest plating , tossing it to the ground. It had been what was left of her armor after it was removed when they first landed down here. She decided it would be easier to move about without any of the plate mail, her linen tunic was enough, more than Ruta's nudity anyhow.

She lifted a hand, pointing down a long dark tunnel, one of the branching rivers flowing along side it. "My light will follow us, illuminate our path, but that's the direction we should go, ready?"

Ruta smiled, “As are you. It’s not much easier for me to see your beauty hidden behind all that cumbersome armor.” Ruta noted, but it was better for Erisella’s combat style. It may had slowed her down, but it kept her well-guarded. So Ruta was happy, yet concerned when Erisella decided to abandon it. Not to say Ruta doubted Erisella’s skills in combat, but without it Ruta could help feel they were both a bit more vulnerable.

She knew Erisella would get fully naked, though how she wished, but at least this gave Ruta a better look at Erisella’s strong, slender form. She could tell Erisella was a bit cold. Ruta was as well. She could see Erisella’s nipples raising the cloth of her tunic around them. Ruta didn’t see anything. She could tease Erisella about this later. Now then needed to explore and get to the bottom of whatever this ancient civilization really was.

Ruta expected danger and more secrets that could very well shake their very understanding of this world. It wasn’t a prospect Ruta enjoyed, but it had to be done. As a priestess of Shava, and now a seeker of truths. Ruta was prepared to quell her thirst for lust with her thirst for knowledge. She walked up beside Erisella with a determined look and nodded, “Let’s go. Together.” She looked over at Erisella and smiled warmly.

Nodding, she reached down, interlacing her fingers with Ruta's, holding her hand firmly, before marching forward, a large ball of warm flight hovering a few feet above them, illuminating their path as they walked. It felt nice holding her hand, not childish as she feared it would be, but it made her feel braver and unalone.

"If we get out of here...I know things are still confusing and muddled, but, do you intend to return to the graywards? To speak to them about what we've learned? Would they be reasonable?" She chewed her lip as they walked, strenghtening her grip around Ruta's hand, showing that she was scared. "I-I don't know where I'll go. I can't return to the lightsworn, I can't tell them what I've learned, they'll brand me as a heretic and probably execute me, and that's the tame version. if they find out what I've done with you, it would be much, much worse..."

She sighed, occasionally eyeing the rocky wall on their left side, or glancing down to the river on their right as they ventured ahead. "But I do not wish to seek refuge with your graywards either...I hope you understand."

Ruta nodded, “I don’t know how kindly my brothers and sisters would take to a former Lightsworn. I don’t know how well they’ll take to what I’ve learned, or done. The Graywards are my family, so I want to believe they’ll hear what I have to say with an open mind. If not.” Ruta paused and looked at some of the rocky walls for more discernible glyphs or carvings. “If not…” Ruta stopped and turned to Erisella and took both her hands. Her eyes meeting Erisella’s with determination. “We’ll run away. Together. You and me, Eris. We’ll run away together. Somewhere outside of the influence of our people. It may not be ideal, but at least we’ll have each other. I don’t anticipate this ending well, but if at least my people welcome me, then they can at least give you asylum. You wouldn’t have to be sworn into the Graywards. I would make a deal, just to keep you safe.” Ruta made a lot of claims. A lot of claims she was afraid she couldn’t back up.

She would try her damnedest though. She owed Erisella that much at least. She blushed at all the things she said. Running away together like two star crossed lovers. She knew if Erisella even thought of returning to the Lightsworn her heart would arch and fill with misery. Being denied her true self, being potentially branded as a heretic or tainted by sin. Ruta feared what her own order was capable of. Would she be exiled or executed for her discoveries? Branded a radical or corrupted. It weighed heavily on Ruta’s mind, but she chose not to think about that right now.

“Anyway, we should continue. No sense in dwelling on this now.” Ruta turned away, but held tightly on to one of Erisella’s hands. She having the comforting reassurance of a warm hand to hold was enough to lighten Ruta’s spirits, even A little.

Erisella couldn't help but blush immensely at the suggestion of running away together, stopping in her tracks, feeling nearly stunned. They had travelled maybe a mile down the tunnel before she stopped, releasing her hand as she turned to face her. "You say such things, but I can not tell if you mean them or if these are hasteful declarations prompted by lust." She gazed deep into the eyes of the naked woman, searchingly, trying to find the answers hidden away as if they would jump out at her if she looked hard enough. It was difficult not to get lost in them, everything about her was entrancing.

"We were enemies not long ago. I understand that's changed, and I can not begin to explain my feelings for you, confusing is the best word to come up with. To say I hated you when we met would be an understatement, and that is regretful because I certainly do not now, everything about you is...allurring. I feel like I could hold you and never get tired of it...but I'm also..." She grunted in frustration, turning from her to stare down into the flowing river, annoyed that even when they tried to set their thoughts on something else like looking for a way out, it came back to this.

"It's just, when you suggest we run away together, I want to believe you, because I feel like I am so taken by you that I'd say yes in flutter of a wing. I can't tell if I am developing feelings for you or just driven by lust because all of this is new to me. trusting you is one thing, i do trust you, we are all we have down here. I suppose what I mean is, I fear that will change if we escape."

Ruta shook her head, “There are way too many unknowns. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared too. I know what I’m saying sounds like the heat of the moment, but if we run away, then we’d at least have a better chance of escaping together. What happens after that… That’s what concerns me too. Maybe I’m just speaking in the heat of the moment too. For now, I’m going to trust these feelings are true. I do care about you, Eris.” Ruta laid bare everything that was on her mind, a twisted web of thoughts and emotions that plagued her.

Erisella was the only light in that darkness. So Ruta was going to nurture it. She slowly wrapped her arms around Erisella. Ruta let out a sigh and whispered softly to her. “We’re both a mess of emotions right now. We shouldn’t be contemplating big decisions like this right now. Let’s just focus on what’s in front of us. I won’t force anything on you, and I won’t hide anything from you, Eris. Holding you right now like this is spark flames in my heart. Not my loins.” Well, that may not be entirely true, but Ruta was also in a very vulnerable state, naked and alone with a woman she was intimate with just the night before. She could control her sexual urges, because she felt a stronger resonance in her heart than just lust.

Ruta was certainly speaking her mind and saying a lot of things which sounded quite beautiful. her expression twisted as she willed herself not to tear up while gazing upon this beautiful creature whom, had the circumstances been different would have been slain under her sword. "Focus on what's infront of us..." She repeated Ruta's words, before leaning in to kiss her, slipping her arms around her to pull her close. They were getting no where fast at this rate, but it was clear by their changing attitudes toward one another that they needed each other.

The kiss lasted long enough, and soon they pressed on again. Instead of holding onto Ruta's hand, her arm remained draped around the naked woman, cherishing their closeness. Perhaps it was like a drug, she couldn't get enough now, craving affection from her while displaying a lot of affection toward the grayward which may had come as a surprise considering how cold she was less than a day ago.

A few hours passed as they followed the twisting tunnel and flowing river until it opened up into a huge lake. Within the center, just like her dream was a log cabin sitting upon an island, dotted with pinetrees. A rickety old bridge could be seen on the other side, connecting to it. The only difference from reality and her dream was that there was no signs anyone had been here for some time.

"...This was from my dream." She whispered in surprise, although considering how often her dreams were coming true it was a wonder this phased her at all.

Ruta looked out at the lake and had to wonder how long that cabin had been there. It looked like an oasis in the dingy tunnels and caverns of this cave. The kind of sight one would only see on the surface. Feeling so serene and out of place. Yet here it was, as Erisella envisioned it. At this point, Ruta shouldn’t be surprised by Erisella’s visions. Whatever the angels, or whomever were planning, they were keeping her in the know. Ruta had no answer for what Erisella’s prophetic visions were, or why she was having them. All Ruta knew was they were guiding the two of them. She just wished they’d guide the two of them a bit more literally. She was tired of vague hints, as she was sure Erisella was too.

Well, if they were going to get a straight forward answer, it would be in there. Ruta walked up to the lake bed with Erisella. Her own arm around Erisella’s waist for close comfort and companionship. She could tell her words had moved Erisella. Ruta was glad. Ruta needed to confide in her. She needed to let out her own catharsis and make her true feelings known. Not only to build trust between each other, but also to build these strong feelings they were experience. It was a tangle web of emotions, but this they could at least control.

Ruta bent down and grabbed a stone from the shore. She held it in her hand and tossed it in the water to see if it disrupted anything in the water. Specifically, anything big. She was not about to swim through a lake filled with who knows what. It was fresh, ground water so odds were it was just small lake fish. Nothing large or flesh eating. Her rock only seemed to disturb some minnows and some moderately sided fish. At least they had food. Potentially a place to rest and use as a shelter as they explore more. “Should we cross?” Ruta didn’t mind swimming across, but she didn’t want to get bag wet. “Can’t really tell how deep it is from here.”

Erisella motioned toward the rickety bridge on the other side of the lake. "We'll circle around, there's a bridge on the other side, we can test it if it's safe, I'd much rather stay dry for now." She too was leery about the depth of the lake and what could be lurking within, but the water was just as crystaline as the rest of it had been. She could see schools of fish swimming in its depths. Suddenly a strange thought flashed through her head, of her and Ruta living within the cabin, fishing and gardening for food, living together happily. Quickly she shook the thought away. It wasn't appropriate given their situation and she certainly didn't want to live down here.

They circled around to the other side of the lake, where the bridge stood, a few wooden boards missing from years of unuse, but looked relatively secure. The island was closer from this side too, and she could see now that just as the pine trees gave evidence of it, the land wasn't stone like most of the cavern had been, it was soil, fertile soil, and there was definitely vegetation, maybe there would be remnants of a garden.

"If my dream was correct there should be tomes inside...maybe with more answers as to what this place is..." she paused raising a hand to her chin as she pondered. "...then again there was a person there too...but I don't see any evidence of them being there now."

She took Ruta's hand, offering a light smile to her as she began to step across the bridge toward the other side.

Ruta followed behind Erisella, “You will probably be a better test of the bridges durability. That is to say, I’m very light. You have more muscle definition.” Ruta blushed, realizing how that could have been misconstrued on Erisella’s part. She was certainly not calling Erisella fat. She was quite the opposite. Most of her weight was clearly raw muscle. Something Ruta rather liked. She was very lithe herself, so having Erisella, a big, strong woman by herself made her feel a bit better. As well as smaller by comparison. Ruta didn’t mind this either. Erisella’s body was still the essence of beauty in her eyes.

Ruta walked slowly and steadily on the bridge. She could feel the wood bowing under her. The rickety creek of each plank wasn’t very reassuring either. Ruta wasn’t afraid of the water, now was not the time for a swim. So, she avoided falling in the drink as much as she could. One board snapped like a twinge and Ruta fell helplessly into Erisella’s strong, caring arms. She blushed, “Thank you. Damn boards, now I feel like the damsel in distress.” A little blow to her ego, but Ruta recovered and chuckled at the stumble she took.

She quirked a brow at the comment about her muscle definition, hiding a light smile while she remained ahead of her. She was about to ask what exactly she meant by that when one of the boards gave way underneathe Ruta's feet, propelling her forward. Erisella was able to catch her in her strong arms, both of them falling backward onto the soft soil. "Does that make me your knight in shining armor?" She replied in a shy tone, but clearly expressed that she was amused. She remained laying upon the ground, Ruta still atop of her, her arms wrapped tightly around the naked woman. "Atleast the bridge didn't collapse entirely."

After a few moments she finally climbed to her feet, assisting Ruta as well, before pulling from her to look around. On one side of the island she spotted an old boat, moored upon the shore. "That could come in handy..." She gestured toward it before glancing over to what looked like an over grown garden next to the cabin. There still seemed to be some things growing in it, many seeds would be salvagable if one was to fix it up. "Where did all this come from? It certainly isn't as old as the ruins. maybe a couple decades, but definitely not centuries or a millennia."

Leaning forward, she peered through one of the dust covered windows. It appeared just as she saw in the dream. There were books upon books piled high upon a desk, a large bed, a fire pit, a heavy pot. all of the comforts of a cozy home. the only thing missing was--She let out a shriek as she saw it. A skeleton laying upon the floor in clothing that had deteriated over the years, but it appeared similar to what the figure had been wearing in her dream.

She recoiled from the window, her hand covering her mouth. She hadn't been shown the future, she saw a glimpse into the past....but why?

Ruta blushed as they stumbled, “My hero.” She replied sarcastically while they got up. Ruta felt embarrassed for falling the way she did, but she didn’t want to think about how one loose plank nearly toppled her. She looked at the boat on the shore and rolled her eyes, “Of course it couldn’t have been on the other side of the lake.” Ruta groaned and began looking around.

The house was very old and decrepit, but far younger than anything else she’d seen up to this point. It wasn’t recent, but it could have very realistically been built within their life time. She looked at bit more at its structure and the overall stability. It was wore out, but useable. Not threatening to collapse any time soon. Which begged a much greater question. Who was down here and why? For what purpose would someone build a home in this dank, unsettling cave?

Ruta ran over when she heard Erisella shriek. “What’s the matter?” She looked inside and saw the unnerving sight of the skeleton. “Yikes, if we were expecting to find someone then we’re about a couple dozen years too late.” This made less sense, Ruta figured it would be abandoned. Why would there be a dead body? Who would willingly live and die down here with all these books? Was it willing? The skeletons posture indicated this person didn’t seem to go quietly in the night.

"In my dream the place was much more lived in...honestly I can't see it being a terrible place to live, everything you could need is here..." She glanced away, hiding the reddening of her cheeks as she imagined living in this cabin with Ruta, tending to the garden, catching fish, reading to each other in the bed from the vast selection of books at their disposal, cuddling close. She shook her head of the image and stepped around to the other side, pushing open the door with a bit of force. She was immediately met with a strong odor of decay. Lifting a hand to her nose, she stepped inside, her gaze fixated on the desk, stepping over the body for now. She'd ask Ruta to help her with the burial after. Actually, when she thought about it, she wasn't sure how the Graywards tended to their tend. The lightsworn buried their dead, preserving the vessel, as their soul would have already departed to the heavens. That was the tradition anyhow.

The tomes seemed to be the most important aspect of her dream, or atleast what ever it was the now deceased person had been writing. Bending down low, she blew off some dust from several of the books, and began to flip through them, carefully reading the text scribbled neatly in black ink. "Ruta!" She called out to her after skimming through several pages of one of the books. "Who ever this person was, they had learned the same thing we did. I'd have to read more, but there's a passage here, saying that there was three of them, they apparently started calling themselves the Wardsworn..."

She blinked, as she stared at the word. It was an amalgamation of the two covenants. It couldn't be a coincidence that she and Ruta found this place. It was like Ven or Velka had been guiding them. Wanting them to uncover this place. "Wardsworn...hmm" She muttered to herself, gingerly running her finger over the text, her curiousity willing her to read more.

"We should put the body to rest. If we air the place out, and set a fire we could even possibly stay here while we study these texts..err that is if you think we should? I feel like my visions wanted us to find these texts, Ruta."

Wardsworn? The word resonated in her mind. Ruta understood perfectly what the concept was. Graywards and Lightsworn together. Was this man a practitioner of both faiths? What did he know they didn’t? Were the angels and demons once worshipped or feared together in the same faith? Was there a schism that divided them and buried all the evidence? So many questions, but these books had to have the answers. Ruta looked over Erisella’s shoulder to gleam a better look. There was still so much more the two of them needed to learn, at least they had somewhere they could study in peace.

Ruta nodded and began opening the windows. “I’ll bury the body out back. Figure it’s the least anyone can do. If we air it out and start cooking, maybe we can get the smell of death out of here.” It was an unpleasant and repugnant smell that assaulted her senses. She pinched her nose and looked for a cloth. She found one and used it to cover her nose and mouth. Wrapping it around her face. Anything to mask the foul smell. Reluctantly she grabbed the decrepit skeleton. Making sure it didn’t fall apart in her arms.

Ruta found a rusted shovel in the back and used it to dig a shallow grave. She didn’t know this man, but she had to thank him for leaving her and Erisella the clues they needed. She buried the bones and silently prayed for the soul’s safe passing. Whatever that may mean, if anything at all, any more. She just hoped he did not suffer in the afterlife. Ruta’s hands were sore and blistered from handing the practically rotted handle of the shovel. She bent down and dipped her hands in the water. The cool liquid soothed her hands. She cupped water in her palm and took a drink. Ruta sighed and walked back inside.

Erisella nodded distractedly, still glancing over the texts as Ruta struggled to carry the decaying body outside. It was not until she heard the shovel that she lifted her head and turned to begin opening windows. By the time Ruta had finished burying the body, she had managed to get a fire going. there was a lot of lumber outside of the cabin, just ready to be used. She also found some clean, preserved linens in a drawer, replacing them upon the bed. She had just finished banging one of the heavy furs of excess dust, when Ruta returned with blistered hands. Tossing the wolf furs back onto the bed, she quickly took hold of her wrists. "Oh no...your poor hands."

Effortlessly, she called upon her light, leaning her head down to kiss the palm of each hand, healing them instantly. The kiss wasn't needed but she felt it was a good excuse to do so. "It's already beginning to get better inside. If we catch some fish, maybe rummage around int hat old garden we can cook something nice. I could see this place making a wonderful home, even down here in this dark terrible cavern...." She trailed off almost in a haze, as if she got caught daydreaming, which she was, once again imagining living happilly and comfortably with Ruta. "..er..i mean atleast while we study these texts...whomever was down here clearly uncovered many secrets, and we couldn't ask for a better place to hold up in. better than a cavern floor. we have a fire, food and a warm bed. The trees even offer a fragrance of the above ground I was beginning to miss."

Erisella seemed more upbeat since they had found the cabin her words were more dreamy, as if this discovery set her fears of the future at ease.

Ruta smiled as Erisella healed her hands. “I know what you mean, I think this would be a wonderful home. Temporary though it may be.” Or may not be. “Not ideal, but it’s cozy and good enough for two lost souls.” Ruta took Erisella’s hands into her own and squeezed them gently. “We have a lot more exploring and learning to do anyway, so having a place to at least feel somewhat at ease is very much needed.” It was some peace of mind at the very least. Something she and Erisella both needed. Run down though it may be, there was at least four walls, a roof, and a bed. Much more than could be said about the dark, uncertain cave up until this point.

Ruta let go of Erisella’s healing hands and bent over to grab one of the many books scattered around the room. She took a seat on the bed, then sprawled herself out across it. It was lumpy and took some getting used to. Nothing too surprising. Either way, it was leagues better than the cold, rocky cave floor. Ruta got a feel for the bed and sat up. “I never thought I’d miss a bed so much. Though, there’s only one.” She smirked. “Oh no, looks like we’re going to have to share a bed.” Ruta giggled and winked. A plan neither were opposed to, Ruta was sure.

Ruta turned her attention to the book next. She wanted to see what she could gleam from it. True to what they seemed to discover so far, these Wardsworn were practitioners of both faiths. Rather all the deities. The world above and below, worshipped in tandem. It still left a lot of questions that Ruta wanted answered. She stopped on one passage. “Solaris and Lunaris, gods of the sun and moon respectively. Solaris whose flames ruled the day’s sky. Lunaris, the gleaming light of the night. Two sides of the Scale. The demonic fires of the sun. The divine glow of the moon.” Ruta paused.

“What? That doesn’t make sense.” Not only were the names Solaris and Lunaris foreign to her. “The very concept that the sun god is a demon, and the moon god is an angel is completely backwards.” She looked to Erisella for her thoughts on this. Ruta couldn’t be the only one who thought this was completely backwards. And what was this about a Scale?

Erisella flashed a shy smile toward the other woman. It was nice to see her smile, to be standing in such a safe and recognizable environment such as a cabin with a warm hearth, made everything feel so dream like. She watched Ruta flip through one of the books while hopping onto the old lumpy bed. It had been covered in dust and didn't smell very good, but became much more tolerable once she had switched out the blankets. She supposed if they washed some things in the lake, it may even become nicer depending on how long they decided to stay. In the back of her mind there was a sense of dread. Whomever lived here died, she heard their scream, and believed now she may had even been allowed to listen in on their final moments when they occurred how ever many years ago .So what killed them? Was there something terrible down here they had not yet discovered? or did someone find them? If that was the case why were the books left behind? She shook away the thoughts that plagued her to cast her gaze back toward the dark haired beauty as she made the playful comment about having to share the bed. There was something about the innocence of her voice that caused her to break out into a grin and laugh softly, it felt weird to laugh.

"I suppose we will..." They had laid together on their first night for warmth, and from that point on it seemed like so much happened in a short time, one more day after that they had already made love. How easy it was to turn her back on her oaths once she discovered the lies. Her gaze focused intently on Ruta's features as she read. The battle priestess of castella was surprised to feel her heart flutter as she studied her. It was as if just appreciating her beauty was enough to send her into a giddy whirlwhind.

Snapping out of her love struck haze as Ruta made an exclamation of confusion "Hm, what is it?" She re focused her self, shifting her gaze tot he book in Ruta's delicate hands, so as to not get distracted again. "What? Solaris was said to be a sibling of Castella, they borrowed their divine light from eachother, now you're saying Solaris is a demon? Lunaris is one of the few grayward gods I'm actually familiar with. an evil conniving demon that sought to steal Castella's and Solaris' light, now you're saying Lunaris is the divine one? That...." She didn't finish her thought. She was going to proclaim that it didn't make any sense, but what did? Everything they learned was turning out to be different from what they had been taught. The only thing that made sense was to keep reading. Clearly these Wardsworn knew things. The concept sounded appealing to her, an amalgamation of both faiths. It meant the idea of her and Ruta being together wasn't as impossible as it seemed.

"Can you find anything more about them, or about the Lightsworn and Graywards, about why what we were taught doesn't match up?" She asked fearfully, the hesitance in her voice was strong, part of her did not wish to know.

Ruta pinched the bridge of her nose and groaned. “More discrepancies? Lunaris and Solaris? I’ve never heard those names before.” She turned to Erisella. “You’re saying that the Lightsworn claim Lunaris is one of our gods and a stealer of light?” Ruta wasn’t about to correct Erisella on this fact. None of the demons was ever spoken of or practiced for such things. Then it clicked in Ruta’s mind. “Wait. Lunaris. That’s another ancient name. The name once used to refer to the demon moon god, Lunakar. Now he’s apparently an angel?”

Ruta was already having trouble making heads or tails of these Wardsworn, but now they were directly contradicting centuries of storied lore. Ruta understood that before written word some practices, meanings, and names would get altered or lost in translation, but this was so far beyond all of this. She turned the page to see what else she could uncover. She saw many names, many name Ruta was familiar with.

She tumbled upon one passage and covered her mouth. “Eris, I don’t know if you want to hear this, but I hope this is a lie. Castella lusted after her sister- Shava. Shava denied her sister’s love. Scorned by her love, Castella stole Shava’s light and casted her into darkness. Where Shava fed on the very lust she once she righteously denied.” Ruta had never heard such a thing before. Not only was this claiming Shava was once divine presumably, but also the very sister of Castella, a scorned and spiteful angel.

Ruta closed the book and placed her hands on Erisella’s hands. “It’s a lie, that has to be a lie.” Ruta told Erisella, hoping this didn’t shatter her very reality, the way it was slowly breaking Ruta’s own. “Eris?” She said quietly as she caressed her cheek. Ruta didn’t want the believe it. That her goddess was the victim of divine betrayal and a broken soul that fed on lust. She didn’t want Erisella to think her own goddess was a conniving and vengeful goddess either.

Lunakar, right, that was the name. She was never very good at remembering graywards demons, and yet now it seemed it was an angel after all? All of this was so confusing. Feeling distracted her eyes began to drink in Ruta's features again, soon imagining them both snuggling together on the bed later. It would be nice, warm, comforting, calming. She was feeling excited just thinking about it. It was so odd how natural these feelings were once she finally let them in.

"Hm?" She said in a hazy, dreamy tone as Ruta happened upon another concerning passage. Quickly she snapped out of it, blinking in stunned silence as Ruta spoke of Shava as Castella's sister. "L-lusted...after her sister?" She simply stared as she took it in, attempting to make sense of what was being said. Were the words Angels and Demons just that, words? Designations to differentiate two opposing sides, when infact, was it possible they were the same? She had always pictured demons to be hideous monstrous creatures, grotesque and overflowing with putrid evil corruption, while angels were grace personified, beautiful harmonious winged beauties. If Castella could infact be this thing that devours people and Venn or Velka or what ever its name could be perceived as both angel and Demon, or neither, what if the fact was, they were all the same race.

Erisella felt Ruta's hands upon her own which was a comfort, but the words continued to attack her core as if they were scalding her flesh just by acknowledging them. Shava, a deity of fertility according to Ruta, but perceived as a Matron of Rape down here by the Wardsworn. Castella, Wielder of light, graceful elegance, said to be a hungering insatiable monster that fed on the sacrifice of flesh. One believed to be a demon, the other and angel, but here in these texts said to be sisters, and Castella, the one that was supposed to be holy, and good, who opposed homosexual deviancy and incest, was now apparently guilty of both!?

The blonde haired lightsworn recoiled as Ruta touched her cheek. All of the self hatred and disgust for her desires and deviancy returning as she looked upon Ruta in horror. It couldn't be a coincidence. Ruta of Shava, and herself of Castella, falling for eachother down here, giving in to base desires, when apparently Castella did the same for Shava thousands of years ago? Suddenly the ease of her acceptance of things she once reviled seemed lost in an instant, the sickening feeling within the pit of her stomach grew.

"I-I can't...it's too much...I don't know what's wrong or right anymore... but this...what Im feeling for you...it's wrong it has to be" She whispered, pulling away from Ruta, running out of the cabin only to fall onto her knees on the shore of the island, gazing into the crystaline lake, as tears streamed down her cheeks, fighting back the urge to vomit.

Ruta felt a sharp pang of guilt revealing this to Erisella. She had to know the truth, they needed to know what was really happening. She knew her own reality was being destroyed her very eyes and now she had to bear witness to Erisella’s own revelations. It was a guttural pain that made Ruta sick to her stomach. She thought about it more and more. Castella and Shava, connected in such an insidious manner. Now them? Was this their fate? To live out what their goddesses never could? The immoral desires of two all-powerful beings?

No. Ruta refused to believe that was the reason. There had to be more to it. Before Ruta could elaborate further, Erisella had her melt down. It was all a part of the acceptance, but Ruta was taken aback, but Erisella’s own understanding of the situation. “Eris wait!’ Ruta climbed off the bed, fighting back the tightening pain clutching at her heart. She genuinely cared about Erisella, now Erisella was convinced what they shared was wrong. Ruta bore her soul to a woman that now rejected her feelings. It was enough for Ruta to collapse beside Erisella. “Eris, please, let’s just put the books away for a little and stop to think about this.” Ruta placed a comforting hand on Erisella’s back and once more reached for her cheek. Just to feel Erisella’s soft, loving flesh.

This was all Ruta needed, this was all Ruta ha down here. She just wanted to make Erisella happy. She in turn could be happy. They both needed it desperately thanks to these damned texts. Their world was crumbling around them. It was easy to see why someone would want to run in the face of it. She blushed stray tears from Erisella’s cheek. “Let’s just calm down.” Ruta put on a brave face as held her heart together. Feeling it quivering and cracking inside. As her only comfort was growing further from her. Hoping Erisella was come back, that Ruta could pull her back into her embrace.

Back
Top Bottom