Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is this place Heaven or Hell? [OpenHentai x Sophia Titor]

Ruta’s heart felt lighter, like a significant weight was being lifted. It was Erisella’s compassion that warmed Ruta. She didn’t break the kiss. Ruta gently lifted a hand to Erisella’s cheek and softly caressed it. Rubbing the woman’s tear stained cheeks. Ruta’s body leaned closer to Erisella’s as their lips pressed together more and more. It was calm and peaceful. Ruta’s eyes closed as she embraced the kiss. Erisella’s mind may be finally opening up to a world she’d never thought to embrace so Ruta wanted to be gentle. Her hand moved from Erisella’s shoulder to the small of her back.

They had each other, that was truly all they had. It was a sobering feeling, but Ruta would make the best of this situation, and she knew to do so she needed Erisella with her. It was more than a want or desire, it was a necessity. Ruta was willing to show Erisella just how much she needed her. Ruta would be truly alone without her, that was a reality that scared her far more. True loneliness. With Erisella, that fear couldn’t be further from her mind. The horrors they’d just uncovered slipped from her mind as they kissed. This was more than a want or desire. They needed this.

The last time they kissed, she had been compelled by an unfathomable lust with dark origins kindled by Shava. This was different. It was true that it was sparked by desperation and loneliness, but also curiosity. She wanted to embrace her desires without the burden of self hatred, and she knew Ruta had been receptive to her before, so this kiss was a gamble, but when she reciprocated and placed a hand upon her cheek, she leaned forward, a soft whimper escaping her lips. She had never felt anything as wonderful as this. Her lips were soft, the flicker of her tongue delicate and her touch was heavenly.

As the kiss broke off and their lips parted, their noses remained touching, nuzzling gently while she leaned into the gentle carress of her hand. "Mm..." There were so many things she wanted to say to her, to ask her. She didn't quite know what this was to Ruta, or herself for that matter. Was it lust? A desire for companionship? Or the fact that their discovery meant they were alone in the world. It would be discussed in time she was sure. "W-We should get back to the fire, I don't want to sit infront of these carvings any longer..."

Slowly she rose, helping Ruta to her feet, draping an arm around the nude woman, holding her close a moment before turning to head back in the direction of their camp.

With a warm smile Ruta put her arm around the small of Erisella’s back once more and reached around, resting it on the side of Erisella’s waist. This companionship was nice. Regardless of the situation, Ruta felt a warmth in the company of women that were just as receptive to her emotions as she was to theirs. There was any number of reasons for why she felt this way, but she felt at ease with Erisella so close to her. She also felt much better knowing they wouldn’t be around those infernal ruins anymore. Ruta would destroy each and every one of them later. For now, they needed to get back to the fire and relax, give themselves a chance to clear their heads.

The returned to dying flames, they’d need to feed the hungry, greedy flames. The logs and brambles smoldered, enough for a fire to last quite a while. Ruta felt her frustration bubbling up so she reached out a hand and unleashed a violent throe of fire upon the kindling, igniting a large fire. Ruta let out an audible, frustrated sigh. “I got the fire going.” She then let out a soft chuckle. It felt good taking her frustration out on something. She was a mess of emotions now. She didn’t know what to do from here. Ruta sat down beside the fire and welcomed Erisella to join her. She didn’t know if they would continue what they started, or if Erisella would want to think more now that they were away from that awful depictions.

The woman lowered herself down to the ground next to Ruta once the fire was rekindled, leaning close against the other woman. Once she had dispelled with all of the lies filled in her head about sin and desire, she felt rather nice sitting close to her, sharing in her company. It was more than just bodily warmth. There was an emotional warmth to their closeness and the kiss they shared, this sensation had never been explained or mentioned when it came to such feelings of desire before. Regardless there was nothing about this sensation that could be translated as sinful, it was simply, nice and comforting.

"I-I suppose there is a lot we have to decide regarding what we do if we get out of here, but for now I'm...exhausted, mentally, I just want to rest for now."

She didn't want sex with Ruta. Maybe at the most base level of desire she did, but emotionally, she simply wanted to be around her, get to know her more, it was easier to be comfortable around her after their revelation, perhaps that was the one positive about it all. "Lay with me?" She whispered, as she lay down near the flame, snuggling up close to the other woman.

Ruta smiled and nodded. She didn’t know what she was going to do either. Ruta was a mess of questions and frustration. She just needed a foundation. A foundation that she felt she found in Erisella presence, in her embrace. The way she gently asked Ruta to lay with her was sweet, and genuine. Ruta couldn’t say no, nor would she.

Ruta laid down and stretched herself out, lying beside Erisella. She scooted closer, snuggling into her as well. Her naked form against Erisella’s clothed body. It was probably too much to ask of Erisella to undress, especially if sex was not her desire. So Ruta didn’t push the matter. She faced Erisella and continued to smile. Anything to make her happy. Erisella’s happiness made Ruta feel more at ease. On a fundamental level, and on a deeper level. She wanted her to be happy and feel comforted. Ruta wanted them both to feel this way. So she would be strong for them both.

One arm reached over Erisella while the other gently brushed a few stray blonde hairs from Erisella’s face. Her kind, feminine face. The face of someone just as lost as Ruta. They were lost, but they were lost together. Once she fixed the hairs, Ruta wrapped her other arms around Erisella’s body. Without a word, Ruta pulled her closer and pressed her nose to Erisella’s with a childish giggle, then a quick peck on the lips. Ruta hadn’t felt this kind of companionship in a long time. It was something she missed in her life for so long. Now, so much was missing or awry in her life that it was all she could do to hold on to any small semblance of happiness she had.

It was so strange how quickly she found herself laying with Ruta in this matter. Had it really only been just over a day? It felt like they had been through so much due tot he weight of what they learned. She gazed deep into Ruta's eyes she snuggled close to her, still naked, which made her feel slightly embarrassed, but she wasn't going to tell her to dress herself, it was fine. As the woman lifted a hand to pull her stray golden strands from her eyes, her cheeks grew scarlet. It was so freeing and yet terrifying to welcome these feelings and actions after so much repression, and it felt...strange to have someone return these feelings and gestures, but it was nice.

As their noses touched, and Ruta let out the childish giggle, she blushed deeper, before pulling her into a strong hug against her, not wanting to let go. "I-I'm glad we met." She whispered against her lips as she returned the soft peck, closing her eyes to savor this new feeling.

The stone beneathe them was rather smooth and clear of dust, but she didn't like the idea of undressing to lay upon it naked, plus the idea of being naked and wrapped up in Ruta was both...tempting and frightening. She wanted it, but she wasn't ready. She may had decided to toss away the lightsworns strict rules of sex and sexuality, but she wasn't certain if she liked the idea of rushing into sex so quickly, atleast for her own personal experience, she wouldn't judge Ruta's life choices, she was done judging people.

"This is nice..." she whispered, beginning to feel sleep take hold.

Ruta gave her a serene smile, “This is.” It was nice, it was something they both needed. Just that sense of companionship and emotional warmth. Ruta missed this feeling. Being in another woman’s embrace. Especially a strong woman like Erisella. It wasn’t even a sexual desire, just Ruta desiring some companionship. Something she desperately needed right now. Something they both needed. She felt her own grasp around Erisella tighten as she pulled her in. It was nice. Slowly, the two lulled each other to sleep in their gentle embrace. Erisella was sweet, Ruta hoped she would find her way, at this point Ruta hoped to find her own answers. She wasn’t ready to abandon the Graywards, but there were so many things she now needed to know for herself.

For now, Ruta took solace in just having another kinder spirit around. She had never felt so truly alone before, but Erisella was just a faint glimmer of light in all of her uncertainty. For as frightening as this situation was. Ruta found herself resting easy with Erisella. Allowing her mind to relax and not think of all the dark thoughts plaguing her.

Erisella's strong arms held Ruta close, never wishing to let go atleast for now. It was strange to her how her feelings toward this person shifted so much, or had they? From the beginning Ruta had helped her, looked out for her. Perhaps her preconceptions about her were negative due to her narrow minded views instilled by the lightsworn, but she knew close to the beginning that this girl was a good person. They shared an attraction and now they shared a common struggle, beyond survival. Her feelings for her now were strong, perhaps stronger than one would usually develop in a short time, thanks in part to the euphoria she experienced from finally accepting repressed parts of herself, and the other girl being so understanding about it all.

In her dream, she stood surrounded in darkness. No matter how hard she tried to squint to conjure light to aid her, she could not see a thing. "H-hello? Ruta?" She called out, her voice echoing in the distance, as if unheard by anyone, but then a voice answered back. "Ofcourse her name is the first you speak. Oh how quickly you've fallen, you silly girl." One of the lightsworn elders appeared before her, glowering down on her with anger in their eyes. "You have turned to sin the moment things became too difficult for you!" the elder yelled, and as they yelled they grew larger and more terrifying to behold, before suddenly speaking in a light, soft yet musically haunting voice "they're waiting for you, deeper in the darkness, you'll find them soon. they're hungry."

Erisella screamed as she woke, jolting upright, in a cold sweat and breaking into a soft sob.

Ruta nearly jumped out of her skin as she woke with one hell of a start. “Erisella!” Ruta tumbled a bit as Erisella shot herself up. Ruta quickly threw her arms around her and embraced her. Immediately assessing they were in no danger. “Erisella, calm down. It was just a nightmare.” Ruta felt her own heart pounding from the sudden shock. Was it a nightmare or another vision? Ruta feared the latter. Either way, she needed to help Erisella get a hold of herself.

Ruta sat up and placed her hands warmly on Erisella’s cheeks. “It’s okay, I’m right here.” She wiped the tears from Erisella’s cheek and gave her a quick peck on the lips. “It’s okay.” She said softly. Ruta placed her hands around Erisella’s head, gently cradling her and placing Erisella’s head against her bare bosom. “It’s okay.” Ruta whispered gently. “It’s okay.” Now Ruta was fully awake, if she had to guess they probably couldn’t have had any more than a few hours of sleep before the abrupt awakening.

That was quite a scare, but Ruta had to be calm for Erisella’s sake, as well as her own. If Ruta started to panic she’d lose her head and slip up or make a mistake. She was calm, she had to be. She practiced this discipline all her life. She trained herself not to lose her cool under pressure. So Ruta smiled softly as she caressed Erisella’s hair and rested her head in her bosom tenderly. She just kept telling Erisella, and herself, it was okay. Everything would be okay.

It was clear to her that she had startled Ruta with her screaming and it made her feel terrible, but instead of getting upset the girl immediately began to comfort her. From the soft kiss, the gentle stroking of her cheek, or holding her close against her bosom, everything about her actions were calming and quickly lulled her from frantic sobbing to a faint whimper. "I'm sorry for waking you...y-yes you're right, it was just a night terror." She felt incredibly safe in the smaller womans arms, which was odd, but she supposed it wasn't the size that mattered but he love and compassion that she projected.

With no sun or moon it was difficult to gauge exactly how much time had passed at any given moment, but she was fairly certain they had not been asleep for very long, judging by the persisting strength of the flames from their camp fire so she leaned against her allowing them both to lay back down, her head still resting comfortably against her chest. "Thank you." She whispered softly, exhaling a mild sigh, willing herself to calm. She was safe int he arms of...this woman whom she was growing quite fond of.

"A-and just so you know...you can call me Eris. If you like." She nuzzled her gently

Ruta’s arm wrapped around Erisella, while her free hand gently ran through her radiant blonde hair. Her head against Ruta’s chest felt nice, it was warm and relaxing. Despite the start they both had. Ruta wanted to know if there was more to this night terror, but she didn’t want to pry. For Erisella’s sake, as well as her own. Ruta told herself she wanted to know all she could, and uncover these dark secrets, but at the same time, every fiber of her being fought back, shouting to let well enough alone. If her morbid curiosity had drawn them to the ruins in the center of the necropolis, then they might not even have been in this confused state of mind. They needed to know the truth, it was clearly their destiny to uncover this.

Ruta didn’t torment herself with any more questions or lingering thoughts. She just closed her eyes and took solace in Erisella’s company. Ruta put on a smile and gently told Erisella, “Let’s get some sleep Eris.” Ruta squeezed her tighter, so Erisella knew she had someone to take solace and comfort in. Just like Ruta did. Ruta kept herself calm and composed, but it was all for Erisella’s sake, as well as her own. She kept telling herself this. Repeating it, Ruta needed to be strong for them both.

It was incredible, the power Ruta had to calm and comfort her so quickly. Being held in her arms, feeling her hair stroked, her body squeezed in a hug and the gentle carress of her back, soothed and washed her worries away in an instant. Gently nestling her head against her bosom, she exhaled a soft contented sigh, the sobbing finally faded completely. She broke out into a wide, unseen smile as Ruta referred to her as Eris so effortlessly and so soon after it being mentioned. What was this feeling? this growing fondness that she had never felt so strongly for another person.

Despite the comforting embrace, falling asleep seemed a more difficult task this time around as she lay there, listening to Ruta's heartbeat and the rise and fall of her chest with every breath. "In my dream..." She spoke, breaking the silence after a few moments. "I was being reprimanded by an elder of the lightsworn...for losing my faith and..." She trailed off. "Well, after that the elder kept growing in size, becoming more frightening to behold, but suddenly the tone of the dream shifted. Everything felt more real, clearer, and the elder spoke with a different voice. A softer, more musical voice, warning that something was waiting for us in the caves and they were hungry." She paused, not truly wishing to cause Ruta alarm, but having someone to talk to about this was comforting.

"It might not mean anything...but I felt I should mention it just in case."

Ruta nodded silently, “I can’t say I’m surprised, but I’m also not worried. No matter where the true source of our abilities lie. We can still use them, we can take advantage of this. Your light returning to you in proof that despite all this, the gods are still granting you their blessing. So, use that light to cast away whatever lies in these dark corners.” Ruta couldn’t explain it herself, but she knew that Shava hadn’t abandoned her. “You’ve devoted your life to the angels, Eris. I say it’s about time they paid you back.” Ruta said with a certain determination.

Ruta still knew she had to be down here for a reason and she wasn’t going to go so easily. She needed to uncover the truth. Ruta wanted to believe it was Shava’s will that brought her down here to uncover the truth of the Graywards and the Lightsworn. With that in mind Ruta firmly believed the gods would not let them die. “I won’t let anything happen to you, Eris.” It was a bold claim, and Ruta herself couldn’t explain why she said it, but she meant it. Ruta wasn’t going to let anything happen to them. No matter what they face.

Affection for Ruta seemed to grow with every moment. Tears threatened to well up in her eyes again as she heard the bold declaration from the other woman. What was this? How had this woman, someone who was her enemy only a day and a half ago, go from that, to this. It wasn't just about giving in to her repressed attractions and desires, she was beginning to feel something for Ruta that went beyond lust or sexual deviancy. She had feared giving into such desires, the kissing and the touching would be a slippery slope, but instead it merely opened to the doors to a more freeing sense of self. She was now less closed off tot he concept of companionship between two people, she could already feel that bond between them was strengthening, but still, less than two days?

"A-and I, you." She whispered, lifting her head so she could gaze deep into Ruta's eyes, befre leaning forward, compelled by the need to seal these bold claims for eachother with a kiss. Their lips locked with a deeper confidence than the last few times, Erisella meant it, and she wanted Ruta to feel it.

"I-I'm sorry." She whispered against her lips after the kiss broke off. "For being cruel, for making assumptions about you when we first met. For being closed minded and stubborn. For speaking such nonsense about things I knew nothing about, for judging you, for...for" She rambled on, feeling like she was failing to get across just how foolish and sorry she felt about her previous actions as her feelings for this woman became so powerful.

Ruta kissed Erisella again to silence her rambling. “You have nothing to apologize for. My opinion of you was not very flattering in the beginning either. To be honest I pegged you as narrow minded and incompetent. I’m glad to see I was wrong in both regards. You’re a genuinely good person, Eris.” Ruta said with a sweet smile. In the back of Ruta mind, she felt the same surprise Erisella was feeling. The two barely knew one another and yet Ruta heart had opened so much to her. She attributed it to circumstance, but maybe this too was predestined. Ruta could hardly peg everything on destiny. Otherwise she’d just be finding any excuse for what was happening to them in this cavern.

“I’m glad I didn’t regret mending your arm.” Ruta finally came clean. She was sure Erisella was more than a little confused by this. So Ruta figured it was best to tell her. Then, no doubt Erisella would feel she owed Ruta a greater debt. While Ruta would just smile, and shake her head. She wanted nothing in return for helping her. Well, she wanted one thing. More of this tender affection that Erisella seemed to be full of. It warmed Ruta’s heart It gave her something to be happy about despite the circumstance.

Erisella appeared taken back once the truth came out. She blinked several times in surprise, staring deep into Ruta's eyes. "Y-you, you mean you did heal my arm?" Ruta had claimed earlier that she did no such thing. "But you said graywards don't have healing abilities, how did you?" It wasn't that she didn't believe her, but this reveal had surprised her a bit. She supposed that there was more friction between them before, which would explain why Ruta lied about it, plus she was useless before her arm had healed, so if Ruta did have this ability it made sense as far as their mutal survival was concerned.

"T-thank you." She realized that her shock to this new information may had made her come across as ungrateful in the moment. "I mean it, thank you." She kissed her again, kissing was nice. She had only done it once before all this, before she took her vows of celibacy, upon meeting a man that the lightsworn chosen for her to bare children with. That experience had detestable. She hated herself that it disgusted her when it was supposed to be natural, she loathed herself for lusting for a more feminine companion, but she repressed it and knew that atleast with celibacy she could remain faithful and free of sin. This however, after shedding away all of the self hate was...bliss, it felt right.

Ruta figured she needed to explain. “I say mend, because it wasn’t really healing. Only priestesses of Nuruti can properly heal. I, however, have a special spell that allows me to transfer pain. Naturally it makes more sense to use it on your enemy when you’ve been harmed. Your pain becoming theirs. I did the inverse. Giving you my uninjured state and taking in all your pain.” Ruta said nothing about how much pain racked her body. She didn’t want Erisella to feel guilty for Ruta’s own decision. “I had done it to increase our survivability, but now I am happy I did it.” Ruta said with a smile.

Thankfully they had Erisella’s healing to keep them in good condition, but if push came to shove, Ruta wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Ruta didn’t need to be thanked, but she appreciated it all the same. Erisella’s kisses felt nice. Her beautiful eyes were captivating. “I will help you anyway I can Eris.” Ruta placed her hands on Erisella’s cheeks and pressed her lips to her. Ruta closed her eyes as they kissed. She held it longer, her mouth slowly opening and letting her tongue meet Erisella’s lips. Seeing if Erisella would welcome it in. Allow her tongue to explore. Letting their mouths play.

"You took my pain?"

She said feeling stunned. It was one thing that she healed her without telling her, but she took pain unto herself as well? Guilt swelled in her gut as the revelation hit her. To think, that was when she was still treating her poorly too. How could a woman such as Ruta, so sweet, and kind, willing to brave pain to help another, have been seen as an enemy? What if this never happened? What if they never fell down here? She never would have known her, they'd be enemies, perhaps even kill eachother? Heavens wings it was too horrible to even fathom. "I-I don't know what to say." She was at a loss for words seeing she had already thanked her enough times, but her respect, admiration and affection continued to grow for the woman.

Her eyes fluttered closed as those soft hands cupped her cheeks and Ruta's lips brushed against hers, but as the tongue invaded her mouth, she jerked away, cheeks blushing a deep scarlet. She was quick to realize that this sudden action may have seemed to be an afront. "S-sorry." All of this affection between eachother was moving so fast, but it still felt right, justified, although there was something about that Kiss, that felt more sexual, tasting one anothers tongues, that seemed like it could have been a gateway to even more. "I-I..." It reminded her of when lust had taken over and controlled her actions, it was her tongue that forced its way into Ruta's mouth then.

"Please don't think that to be a rejection..." She knew Ruta viewed sex differently, more openly, and perhaps they both had different perspectives to consider now that their world views had been shattered, but she hoped she would understand that, there were somethings that needed to move slower than others. "I-I'm just not ready."

Ruta chuckled and nodded, “I understand Eris.” She gave a quick peck on the lips and placed a hand behind Erisella’s head. Pulling it gently into Ruta’s chest again. Ruta could accept that she was being quite forward and that the action probably scared her a little. She understood. Ruta quietly ran her hand up and down, caressing Erisella’s back while the other ran through her hair again. Even this level of intimacy was foreign and unknown to Erisella. Ruta should have been more conscious of this, but Ruta wanted to try it anyway. Maybe a small glimmer of hope that Erisella would reciprocate the feeling.

Ruta spoke again, “If you want to be the one. Taking it at your own pace. Just say the word.” Ruta closed her eyes and let out a soft giggle and partly opened her mouth. Welcoming Erisella to explore all she wanted. Ruta was already naked. She allowed Erisella to explore any inch of her body if only she said the word, even then, Ruta would protest if Erisella didn’t ask. Her heart was open to the woman, therefore so was her body. Ruta didn’t care how long or how little they knew each other. It confirmed so many of the thoughts going through her head though. If they hadn’t met under these circumstances, things would have no doubt turned out very different. Something Ruta wanted to think about less than those disturbing scripts.

Gently she nuzzled her bosom again as the hand pressed softly upon the back of her head. Glancing up into her eyes, she glimpsed the parted lips along with the body language that seemed so inviting. Ruta wanted her to explore her. Her mouth, her body, everything. She was a sexual creature, Erisella knew this but still, it seemed too much. She decided silently that she would accept that maybe she was just different, and her attractions for the softer sex wasn't sin trapped in her soul, but natural to her. and Ruta seemed so perfect, someone she wanted to be close to, to learn more about and maybe even, embrace sexually...at some point, but now was too soon, and if it were to happen she didn't want it to be in a place like this, if she could help it.

"I barely know anything about you. I want to know more." She reached with a hand to carress Ruta's soft cheek as she gazed deep into her eyes.

Ruta’s lips closed and her eyes opened. She smiled as she looked at Erisella. Baby steps, she told herself. “I feel the same way. It goes without saying I was born from a mother and father who both loved me very much. I was born into the Graywards. Institutions like marriage don’t exist so I have many siblings. Whether it be half siblings by my father, or by my mother.” She knew of at least half a dozen women her father impregnated including her own mother. While her mother bore three children of her own, including Ruta. This was largely what depicted Graywards as lecherous people who partake in orgies on a day basis. Ruta had only ever been in one orgy. They were not that common.

“I was chosen as a priestess of Shava, because when I was a child I had exceptional magic abilities. And the reason I prefer being naked is because we were born naked. I’m not afraid to share who I am with the world. It actually makes me feel safer being like this. So, that’s why I haven’t been putting clothes on.” She couldn’t expect Erisella to understand. She couldn’t expect most to understand, but being nude kept Ruta calm. It grounded her, being able to expose herself without shame made her happy. In many ways being naked was a part of who she was.

Erisella listened to her talk, grateful for the change of subject. Hearing about her many siblings from different mothers was...bizarre. Her first instinctual impression was outrage and disgust, but she quickly pushed those away. It would take some time to rid herself of the conditioning imprinted by the lightsworn. The idea sounded awful, no marriage, children with more than one woman? It seemed so heartless, and disloyal. Ruta seemed to have turned out alright though...maybe the way of life was different but not inherently wrong. She supposed it depended on the person and the context. The way of life could be awful if regarded hatefully and dishonestly, sleeping around and cheating, but if it all had been consensual and in the open who was to say it was so bad?

It was a lot for her to swallow but she was beginning to understand, or atleast see other points of view. After all with this knew knowledge she could see how the lightsworns closed mindedness was harmful. After all, a devoted marriage for the sole sake of marriage often breeded hate and resentment.

She nodded along, still listening, feeling regretful over what Ruta had recently learned about Shava, it clearly was something that was important to her, but the fact that Rape disgusted the graywards proved their order wasn't so bad, but the gods on the other hand...

"So many siblings...it must have been nice to have so much family around.."

She placed her head back down against her chest sighing contentedly. Ruta's explanation for her nudity made a lot of sense. It had been one thing that infuriated her before, although she did her best not to be confrontational about it. She assumed Ruta had initially remained naked to taunt her, make her uncomfortable or tempt her, but now it was clear. "I never knew some graywards felt that way...that's..." The graywards desire for nudity and exhibitionism was one of the traits that offended the lightsworn enough. 'no decency! so full of sin!' yet now with the explanation it all seemed so...innocent.

"I was born to two prestigious people, with a long history of devotion to the order, and the angels Castella and Izalith, among others, both those two were the most important. Izalith on my fathers side, Champion of the Ocean, where my mother was a priestess of Castella. It was not uncommon for two who championed different angels or aspects to be united so that their offspring could be greater than the sum of their parts. Before it made sense, but thinking on it now, it all seems so cold." She sighed and then continued. "I barely knew my parents, I was seperated from them and groomed. Initially to be a priestess of Castella due to my control of the light, but my quick reflexes and connection to Izalith prompted further training for combat, to follow more in the footsteps of my father. My unique combination of skills made me the perfect warrior, a mix of protective and offensive abilities. I was grateful for the shift in my training because, in the temple of castella was where she was..." she trailed off, not speaking any more on it unless asked. The other priestess the one that had first brought out her feelings of temptation, the reason for so many whipping scars on her back.

Ruta listened to everything Erisella had to say. Her parents joined in holy synergy? Erisella’s birth sounded more like eugenics than an act of love between two people. Who was to say they were even in love? Ruta thought, but didn’t say a word. For all Ruta knew they were both lovely people, but the fact that Erisella was immediately indoctrinated into the order, made Ruta feel even more uneasy. It sounded so callous, like Erisella never had a choice. Ruta gently stroked her hair, “I can only imagine how hard living up to those standards was for you, Eris.”

Ruta led a far simpler life. “I spent a lot of time around my brothers and sisters. I was the older, but the others weren’t much younger than me. My family was the Graywards though. Our people believe it takes a village to raise a child. So we all shared responsibilities and lived together as one large, communal family. One of my sisters, Aimee, her mother was a beautiful and kind woman. She treated me just like one of her own. Our father always made time for us as well.” It brought a smile to Ruta’s face thinking of family again, and how much she loved them, and how much they loved her.

“When I was a teenager, I decided to take up the role of a priestess and honed my skills in Shava’s magic. I left home happily, and visited whenever I could. It turned out my oldest sister, Gisela became a priestess of Gisela. She tried to teach me how to perform one of Nuruti’s healing massages, but I was never very good at it.” Ruta chuckled. “Studying under my fellow priestesses, I quickly became the head of our temple, and one of Shava’s high priestesses.” Ruta felt so much more at ease thinking about her family and her life growing up. It was this feeling that gave her some glimmer of hope that Shava was not the monster the people of ancient times depicted her as. Maybe it was a fool’s dream? Ruta wasn’t really to accept this though.

Ruta was about to stop, when she finally bit, “Eris, who was she?” Ruta should leave well enough alone, but she wanted to know everything about Erisella. For better or worse. Good or bad, Ruta was curious.

"It's not like I had them standing over me, expecting greatness. I barely remember them. I was handed over to the temple of castella at the age of five, never saw them again."

She listened to Ruta speak of her life with her family. It all sounded so normal. So pleasant. In a way she was almost jealous. Live with the graywards seemed so have so much more spirit and love than the strict life of being raised with the lightsworn. She glanced up, noticing the smile upon her face and smiled in return. It was nice to speak of these things, to get to know and understand one another better. That smile of hers caused her heart to flutter and stomach to twirl.

"Huh?" She asked suddenly only to realize what Ruta was asking. "Oh." She paused, biting her lip, before blushing a deep scarlet and hiding her face against Ruta's chest. "Growing up in the temple of Catella there was another girl, a priestess, innocent, gorgeous...heavenly even. I was a teenager when I started to feel things for her, so ofcourse I went to the elder about it. He was very strict, told me I needed to repent for such sinful thoughts. Twenty lashings for each thought. It was bad for a while...but the pain was enough that by the time I was eighteen I was able to quell the thoughts so that it was only a couple lashings in my last year there, and by twenty was when they decided I was better suited elsewhere than as a priestess for castella."

She sighed sadly thinking back on it now. What she felt then, and what she felt now for Ruta. It wasn't bad, it couldn't be. She was grateful for Ruta, teaching her not to hate her self for such a thing.

Ruta frowned as she heard this. “I can only imagine what that was like Eris. I was given such free reign, that as long as I didn’t commit any of our cardinal sins, then I could do whatever I wanted.” Ruta did not have a strict upbringing, nor was her time studying to become the head priestess. Her only guidelines were to observe their faith, do not sin, and pray to Shava daily. All things Ruta did happily. Her hand caressed Erisella’s back as if imagining the scared flesh beneath her fingers. To damage such a beautiful body saddened Ruta. “No one should ever hate themselves for who they are.” Ruta voiced her own opinion. She was sure Erisella understood this now. “You should be allowed to freely express whoever you are.” It was more of a personal mantra to Ruta, more than a common rule among the Grayward. She had been told this before by her mother, and she echoed this lesson in her every action.

Ruta hoped that would bring some comfort to Erisella, the gods knew they both needed any comfort they could get. This was the most comfort either of them had hand since being down here. In each other’s tender, loving embrace. The heat of the fire and their own warm made Ruta feel much calmer. Now all they could do was pray the morning would bring a better day.

Back
Top Bottom