Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

STRANGER THINGS (Netflix Original Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRANGER THINGS
Netflix Original

GpohMqH.png

Introduction:

I am looking to play ELEVEN (or nick named ELLE) from Stranger Things. (An older version of her... SEE BELOW)
I am NOT interested in playing any other character from the show.

For the Marvel CROSS-OVER, see below.

The Nitty-Gritty:

"Upside Down"
VSDeiSl.jpg

Main Idea:
In the series, Eleven (nick-named Elle) is just 12 years old when she escapes from Hawkins National Laboratory of Energy in 1983. She was born and raised in the lab, knowing little to nothing of the outside world. Used as a science experiment and weapon by the State Government, Elle possesses powers of telekinesis as well as holding a profound connection to an alternate dimension known as "Upside Down". In this alternate dimension, the world as we know is identical, but in complete ruins. The world is like our own, but the opposite, shadowed in darkness and filled with gloom and despair. This alternate dimension is mostly deserted, except for the fact that it is inhabitted by carnivorous humanoid alien-like species. It is completely inaccessible to humans, though, while in a mind-experiment with subject Eleven (my character), a gate to Upside Down was accidentally opened when Elle made contact with the creature in her mind. The creature, unleashed within both dimensions, terrorizes the city, collecting bodies (which seemingly vanish without a trace) that it brings with it to the alternate universe.

In the final chapters of Stranger Things, the creature is lured out by towns people, and Elle becomes the only person capable of defeating it. She sacrifices her life to save the lives of her friends (Mike, Lucas, Dustin and sort of Will). At the end of the series, she is presumed dead after telekinetically battling the beast head on, and subsequent disappearing into a cloud of ashes with the creature. For this roleplay, I'd like to play on the hopes many fans have that Elle is not dead, but in fact alive living in the Upside Down alternate realm. My idea is that she returns to our real-life dimension some time later (months, a year, or years later). However, when she returns, she will be much OLDER, as time in Upside Down functions much differently (and ultimately faster) than in the real-world. I'm thinking of making Elle anywhere from 15 to 19 years old in appearance.

Because I'm AGING Elle, I decided to use singer-songwriter Hasley as my model for what I envision Eleven would look like as a teenager. The internet world has already preached the similarities between Hasley and actress Millie Bobby Brown:

HPRMJXV.png

(Left: Hasley - Right: Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven "Elle")​

HOWEVER...
I will offer several different options for what Eleven "Elle" will look like upon her return (see below).

Option ONE:
Same buzzed hair style as when she was 12 years old - her hair would not have grown in the Upside Down dimension.
mq9rBVC.jpg

Option TWO:
Very long brown hair - her hair grew exponentially in the Upside Down dimension (would be down to her ass).
Halsey-Long-Brown-Hair.jpg

Option THREE:
Bright blue hair, a mutation caused by being in the Upside Down dimension for so long.
kz1EYLV.jpg

If you didn't like any of these options, I will also offer an alternative to Hasley. If you don't fancy Hasley as the model, then there is also actress Brianna Hilderbrand (Deadpool) that I see some similarities, as well as actress Monica Barbaro (unREAL).​

THE PAIRINGS:

I'm looking for a partner who is willing to play one of three CANON characters from Stranger Things.

1) Eleven "Elle" x Chief Jim Hopper

Jim Hopper is a dead-beat, borderline alcoholic cop (Chief) of small-town Hawkins Police Department (HDP). He turned to the bottle after his only daughter (little girl named Sarah) died from cancer and his marriage subsequently fell apart. His ex-wife remarried and had another child, while he moved out of the city to small-town Hawkins and became Chief there. In the series, he is one of the biggest heroes. He not only uncovers the truth, but becomes determined to save Will. He even performs life-saving CPR on him in the Upside Down dimension and ultimately saves his life (in many ways). He has brief contact with Eleven near the end of the series, though not much.

However, when she returns, perhaps Eleven attributes Will's life and the success of the mission, and turns to Jim for shelter, food, and comfort while she figures out how to re-integrate back into society. Despite their drastic age difference, comfort turns to intimate companionship, as Eleven becomes an compassionate individual who fills a gaping void in Jim's life.

I'm thinking Jim cleans up his act a little, and when Elle returns, looks a bit more put together such as this. MORE TO DISCUSS!

2) Eleven "Elle" x Jonathan Byers

There are a few different ways we can explore this relationship. Jonathan is very close to the crisis in Stranger Things, since it's his little brother Will who initially goes missing. Although his contact with Eleven is extremely limited in the series, Elle is a big reason why Will was able to be retrieved ALIVE from Upside Down.

In the series finale (Chapter 8), the show ends on a cliffhanger. Will is shown puking out a slimy, moving and crawling piece of a creature from the Upside Down dimension. The final scene also shows Will *seeing* his bathroom in the view of the alternate dimension. This means he still bears a connected to the alternate dimension. One of the ideas I had was that in this roleplay, perhaps Elle is able to return to the real-time universe by channeling Will, making contact with him in her mind, and thus opening a gate again to the real world. A much older-looking Elle returns to the real world in Will Byers house, where Jonathan Byers finds her in fetal position, unconscious, buck naked and covered in slime in his bathtub.

I'd like for Jonathan to have matured in his style as after heading out to college, and envision him looking like this. As for the plot, I'm open to other ideas/ options as well!

3) Eleven "Elle" x Benny

This is sort of a bonus pairing which is not only a bit of a stretch, but also nonsensical. I thought I'd throw it out there anyways. My final pairing is with Benny, who actually ends up being shot dead by the CIA while they attempted to retrieve Eleven after her escape. He is dead within the first couple of episodes, but he is the very first person to make contact with Elle in the outside world. He is absolutely the sweetest guy in the whole series, being very careful and very kind to Elle (feeding her, offering her clothes and trust). I adored his big, buff and beardy manly-man character who was Mr. Tough Guy on the outside, but the most compassionate man on the inside.

For the sake of roleplay, I'm thinking he survives the shot to the head, but when he awakes from his coma, it is weeks after all the "Strange Things" in Hawkins happen. He awakes in a government-run hospital, where he is brainwashed in his rehabilitation into believing that "the little girl with the shaved head" was just a figment of his imagination, an illusion his brain created after severe brain trauma. The government doctors convince Benny that because he was shot in the head (attempted assassination), that it was too dangerous to return to Hawkins, and that the government would enroll him in the Witness Protection program, give him a new name and identity, and relocate him to another state far away. After some reluctance, he agrees.

However, when Elle attempts to break free of the Upside Down realm, she manages to muster all of her energy to create a gate/portal to the real-world. Though, when she returns, she returns in the house of Benny, as he was the first person to care for her after she escaped. Despite being relocated, her mind still made a connection to Benny and found with. This is a random idea, however, and I'm open to others.

________________________________________________________________________________​

MARVEL CROSS-OVER

Loved Elle's character and would like to introduce her into the Marvel/ superhero universe? SAY NO MORE.

Roleplay in the 1980s: Since Elle has tremendous telekinetic powers, I can easily have her as one of the few opened "enhanced" / mutants of that time (80s).

Roleplay in modern time: Same as above, Elle would be an "enhanced"/mutant. She would emerge from the Upside Down portal in the MODERN WORLD rather than in the 1980s, where she came from. We can also incorporate the concept of dimensions through the Tesseract, too. In this scenario, Elle would be very much clueless of how the world works. She already had so little information about it as a child (living in a laboratory her whole time), so imagine now emerging in a technologically-advanced shit-show that is 2016 (albeit a futuristic version of 2016 since it is Marvel). As she is already a strange character, she would be even more weird in terms of behaviour and customs now that she is in the modern world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom