Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your best friends dad (MG x superheroine)

he large pan made a metallic clunk as it was placed, now clean, into the drying rack next to the kitchen sink. Jon surveyed the kitchen, looking around for anything that he may have missed. With the exception of the numerous Tupperware containers, each half covered and left out of the way as their freshly cooked contents dried, the kitchen was clean and tidy. Job done he thought to himself. It was only early afternoon and having finished the washing and his business' accounts earlier, he'd completed his chores for the day, leaving him free to hit the gym, work on the car and watch the fight later.

He was organised and efficient, skills that he had picked up from being a single father to his daughter for well over a decade. Casey's mother had never really been cut out for motherhood, so it was less of a surprise that she left and more that it had taken her so long to leave. Jon's thoughts of the past were thankfully interrupted by heavy footsteps thudding down the stairs, followed shortly by his daughter arriving rather wearily in the kitchen. Her dark blonde hair had been hastily tied up, while her grey sweatpants and baggy blue t shirt looked like she had been lying around in them for a while
"Morning!" she cheerily greeted her dad.
"Morning was about two hours ago darlin'" he smiled back at her before giving her a kiss on the top of the head.
"Technicalities" she shrugged, grabbing milk, cereal and a bowl and setting them out on the kitchen table.
"So are you planning on looking like that all day?" Jon asked, frowning. It wasn't unlike Casey to make the most of an opportunity to get a lie in, but she wouldn't waste a day.
"No! Allison's coming round in a bit so we can finish off the history assignment and then we're going to Kea's for dinner and some drinks."
"Cool, well, don't drink too much, don't do anything I would have done at your age!"
"What like get a total stranger pregnant?" She retorted cheekily, a playful grin across her face as she looked at her dad.
"No pregnancies!" he smiled, " and let me know if you need a lift home. I assume Allison's staying here rather than at her place?"
"Yup! Oh wait, Daddy, is it ok if"
"Don't be cheeky! Anyway, I'm off to the gym in a bit, I'll.." He was interrupted as the doorbell sounded through the house and he nodded from Casey to the door. "I assume that's for you"
He left her to answer to answer the door as he went upstairs to change into his training gear

Back
Top Bottom