Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Punk and A Killer (MonokumaFever and SethElwood)

The night started off like any other. The sun was slowly hitting the horizon as it got ready to duck down for the night. Clouds slowly overtook the stars in the sky, blocking them out from the world above. The girl slowly tried to work her way home. Avoiding eye contact with the few people who passed by her on the street. Her long aqua hair was pulled into thin pigtails. She clutched her bag close to her chest as she walked home.

It wasn't long until she heard footsteps trailing her. The girl swallowed hard, taking odd turns and hoping she could loose them. After a few minutes she realized they weren't just going to leave her alone, so she bolted. Her breathing loud as she ran down into one of the alleys. She ended up cornering herself. She turned sharply, hugging her bag as the three men slowly cornered her against a wall.

The chase was indeed annoying but the prize was well worth it. The three men had not so decent intentions for the girl. This part of town was known for the increasingly large amount of low lifes. Most tend to stay to themselves. But these guys were the worst of the worst. "Hey chika don't run." The first man spoke. He was clearly Mexican, sporting tattoos and a white wife beater as well as jeans. The second man was white and dressed similarly to the mexican man. "Yeah baby. We just want to have some fun." He laughed aloud as they cornered her. The third man was obscured by the others. He was more to make sure she didn't run off.

A young man walked by the alley she was cornered in. He wore all black and had brown hair. His blue eyes looked over and didn't like what they saw. "Hey!" He shouted. "What are you doing?" He ran forward tackling the third man. Two quick strikes and he was unconscious. The young teen stood and glared at the other two. Dodging a knife blade he turned and kicked the mexican in the balls. "Put it away huh?" He smirked and turned toward the white guy. "Do you want some?" He asked thrusting his chest out. Without saying a word the man ran off.

The teen turned to the girl. "Hey are you okay?" He asked holding out his hand. "These guys didn't hurt you did they?" She could see his lip ring and his eyeliner. "You shouldn't walk around this part of town without some thing to protect yourself." He looked down and picked up the pocket knife. "Here. Take this." He handed her the knife.

The girl blinked as someone elsr walked into the alley. This wasn't what she had expected to happen. Slowly she temoved her had from her bag as it started to look like she might not actually need it. Her deep blue eyes watched as the young man quickly took out the attackers. The girl moved her hand up, covering it over her mouth as she looked up at him. Never before had someone helped her like this.

"No, they didn't hurt me. Thank you so much for helping me." She said softly, a large sweater loosely fit on her body and as she took a few steps forward her skirt swayed around her thighs. Not something someone should ever wear in a place like this alone, especially at night.

When he handed her the knife, she let out a squeal. Her hands shakily held onto it before she violently shook her head. "A-A Knife? Oh no I can't have this. I-I don't even know how to use it!"

The young man let out a sigh. "Thank God. If I was a second later I don't know what would have happened." He smiled at her. "Im just glad you're alright." He said as she stepped forward. He couldn't help but see her beauty. Though he didn't think much of her looks. She then shook her head. "What do you mean?" He took the knife and opened it.

He then turned and thrust the blade forward. "Just like this. If anyone tries to attack you. Cut them. Its them or you." He said as he shut the knife. "Take it." He took her hand and placed the knife in it. "I won't always be around to protect you." He chuckled slightly. "By the way. My name is Alek." He said with a smile. "I'll walk you home if you want." He held out his hand so he could lead her out and check if everything was safe for her. He couldn't explain why he wanted to protect her. It was as if his body was moving on its own.

Her eyes grew wide for a moment. Her cheeks turning a soft pink as he gently placed the nice in her hands. She pulled it close to her chest, nodding as she held on tight to the knife. It was a gift, something for her to cherish from now on. A symbol of kindness she'd never received before. She looked him over, her eyes scanning him as she tried to take in every detail possible about this stranger. The name brushed past her ears for a moment, sending chills down her spine as she gave a gentle smile.

"Thank you for saving me, Alek." She said gently, the name making her cheeks turn a little more red. "My names Hisayo. I'm new around here and I'm still trying to figure this town out."

She paused at the offer. It sounded nice, a gentle walk in the night. With a slow nod, she glanced around, looking slightly frightened as she gripped onto the knife again. "I would really appreciate if you could walk me home. This town is really scary this late at night."

Alek gave another smile and nodded taking her hand. He lead her out of the alley. Her name was beautiful and exotic. "Pleasure to meet you Hisayo." He said looking around. The other lowlifes knew who he was. They knew to stay away from him. She was safest with him. "I know this place can be rough around the edges." He looked at her. "So where are you living at?" He asked.

Alek grew up in the area. He knew just how bad this place got. What he stopped was all too common. There were countless assults that he couldn't stop. Luckly he was there to stop anyone from hurting her. As they walked he made sure to keep her close to him. He wrapped his arm around her and smiled. "New huh? Where are you from?" He asked. "Where are you going to school?"

Hisayo blushed more as he wrapped his arm around her. Her eyes staring up at him for a moment, still looking a bit shocked by this whole situation before they darted back towards the ground bellow. She let out a long sigh as she let her hands reach out and touch his side, a common gesture when someone pulls you close. She paused and glanced around, trying to remember what her apartment's name was. "I can't remember the name... but they're an apartment complex on the edge of town..."

"I came from pretty far away," Hisayo admitted softly, her eyes glancing from him back to the street. Occasionally bouncing back and forth from the two. "I start a new school tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous since I don't know anyone."

Complex on the edge of town? There was only one place like that. "Oh you're living in Pink Palace? That's a nice place." He remarked as she placed her hands on him. "I actually live close to there." He said with a smile. Then she mentioned starting a new school. "If you live in Pink Palace then you'll be going to my school." He said pushing his shoulders out slightly. As if he were proud such a pretty young woman would be going to his school.

As they walked the clouds parted letting the moon light seep through. His blue eyes seemed to almost glow. He looked at her. "Well when you start just look for me. I'll show you around." He smiled again. He had the look of a troubled teen. In most cases he was. But his heart was still good. He wanted to help people. Though in school he played the role of a punk perfectly.

Hisayo nodded as the name hit her hears. A grin stretching over her face at the thought of the decently made apartments. "Oh yeah! The place is really nice! It has really thick walls so you can't hear anyone else snoring at night." She joked, trying to bring in a bit of humor after the previoue event.

"I'll have to keep my eyes out for you!" Hisayo said, leaning in as she continued to talk. "I get lost really easy. So it'll help having someone who knows what they're doing around. You're so nice." She cooed, her bright eyes staring up at him.

Alek grinned as they walked together. "I wish my place was like that." He said turning down another road. Her apartment building was about another ten minuted away. "I can hear everything. Snoring. Coughing." His tone drolled some. "But it also means no one can sneak up on me."

He nodded and looked at her. "Yeah I'll show you everything." He said with confidence. "I usually hang around the doors to the lunch room in the morning." He walked her up to the steps of her building. "Well here we are. The Pink Palace." He smiled. "Well I got another twenty minutes." He pointed up the road. "I'll see you tomorrow." He waved and began walking.

She waved, smiling at his offer. "I'll be sure to meet you there!" Hisayo said with a gentle grin. Her eyes watching him as she waved goodbye to the man.

Ahe waited a few minutes, waiting for a decent amount of distance between the two before she started to follow him. She stayed in the shadows, avoiding any light so she could follow him in secret.

Alek walked with his hands in his pockets. His eyes looked up into the sky. A small sigh left his lips. He had no clue about the young woman following him. There was enough space between him and her that even if he looked behind him she would have enough time to duck under cover.

After about fifteen minutes Alek stopped in front of a small white house. It was run down. It looked like no one took care of it. There was an older male standing on the front porch. Alek's body tensed up at the sight. "You're late boy." The man spoke with a thick southern accent. "You know what. You can sleep outside tonight. I don't to see you in this house you understand me?" The man tossed his beer bottle before entering the home.

Alek looked down and kicked at a rock. 'Stupid son of a bitch.' He thought. Letting out a long sigh he continued walking. There was a park up a head with a jungle gym. Enough soace for him to sleep with some comfort. As he opened the gate he walked under the slide and pulled out a blanket. This wasn't the first night he had to do this.

Hisayo felt rage bubble into her chest at the sight. How dare this man treat such a sweatheart like that. She glared from the shadows, her mind scooping through all the things she could do to avenge her new friend. When he started walking again, Hisayo followed him, making sure he had somewhere nice to stay. When she saw him sleep on the jungle gym, she could feel an overwhelming amount of sadness pour into her chest. Mixing with the rage to form a very unsafe cocktail of emotions inside of the small girl.

She considered walking up to him. Asking if he wanted to stay the night at her house. But she knew she couldn't do that, not yet. It would make her look suspicious. Unfortunately she couldn't offer this man help yet. Not in the way of shelter. But maybe she could find another way to help him.

Slowly she worked her way back to his house, walking around the perimeter to try and find a way inside. The house didn't look like anyone inside cared, so maybe it would be easy to find a weak point to work her way inside. Her fingers danced over her knife as she went to try all of the windows, seeing if any of them were left ajar.

All of her hard work would pay off. In the back of the house there was one window left open. The room inside was Alek's. It was filled with things a sad and troubled teen would own. Posters of black and white landscapes. CDs from heavy metal bands that hate their fathers. Everything pointed to him hating his step-father.

Ron sat in the living room. His hand on a beer while the other rested on the arm rest of his Lazy Boy. The t.v. was small but it still worked. On the screen was some late night television. Some infomercial about a new cleaner. Ron was too drunk to really know what was going on. Finishing his beer Ron got up and opened the fridge pulling out another two bottles. "One for now the other for later." He smirked and opened the first beer.

Hisayo climbed into the room, looking around and absorbing all the information she needed about it. She tried to look over some of the CDs. trying to remember some of the bands for later, taking a moment to look over all of his posters and clothes. It was so tempting to just take something, but she reluctantly edged away from the idea. One thing she could definitely gather from this room was what was going to happen next. The fact that she was going to have to kill his stepdad. If she could do this, she could definitely help this new boy out.

For now, she had better things to plan. She slowly crept through the house, making plans and remembering the layout. She tried to watch out for weak spots in the floor, avoiding the spots that would creak and give her away. She watched the man sitting in the chair for a few moments. Tomorrow she would have to come back and teach him a lesson,

Alek slept in the park that night. In the morning he would climb in his window and get ready for school. His step-father would be passed out from the night of drinking. His step-father got checks weekly from the government. They actually owned the home so bills were nearly nothing. So that man could drink all of his money away. Luckly for Alek the night wasn't too cold. Winter would be a bitch. But he's planned for it this year.

When the young teen opened his eyes he discovered a silver flip phone. He sat up and picked up the phone. "What the hell?" He questioned as he opened it. Fully charged batterym, unlimited call, and text. Plus an absurdly huge amount of data. Why would someone leave it there? Alek opened it up. The screen light up with a welcome messege. "Hello. This phone is for Alek Rohan." Alek's eyes widened in shock. It wasn't a smart phone but it was still a phone. He could finally make calls and text people. The few people that he hung out with all had phones and wished he got one. "I don't know where you came from but Im totally keeping you." He said with a smile.

Then a video messege appeared. Followed by a text message from a random number. "Watch me!" The teen read the text and looked up at the video. "Uh okay." He clicked on the video. It was a POV shot of what looked like his house. He took a breath. "What the?" Then it froze on an image of the back of a man's head. The chair and the living room looked like his. He closed the phone and shook his head. "It must be nothing." He stretched and looked around. "I wonder if she has a phone?" He thought looking down at the phone.

Back
Top Bottom