Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Asian is not a race, but in fact a religion! <33

__N o v i.S n o w

Supernova
                                        • I've just received word from my friend, who came from the theaters to see Eclipse....
                                          As the movie was going on, some girl said the title of this thread...but more like this~

"Asian isn't a race, it's a religion." -serious face and voice-
                                          >:0

So I'm wondering what are you guys thoughts on this??
                                          [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Nope my friend asked what did you say....and the girl repeated the same statement with the same face she began it with....stupidity like that exists....sadly.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Burn the Weeaboo-Twilight fan! It is unholy!

But, I'm hoping that what she said was taken out of context in some way, shape or form. However, being at a Twilight movie doesn't really help her case.

This made me laugh pretty hard. As both a Twilight-hater (no name jokes please) and in regards to the "Otaku" people. For the latter...I don't know...I have to deal with them a lot in my Japanese classes. Some are cool, some are not. I figure, so long as your obsession doesn't rob you of common sense, then no harm no foul. I'm biased though, some obessions *cough* Twilight *cough* are worse than others.

As far as this girl goes...that was a pretty retarded thing to say, but was she a teen, an adult, or a small child? I got dragged to the last Twilight catastrophe, and spotted people from age 8 to 70. Come to think of it, most of them had that same zealous glimmer in the eye...the one that says they'll either light you--or themselves--on fire depending on if you're with the sappy Vampire, or the confused pedophile werewolf.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”

-The late, great, George Carlin

• She's in high school~

See, I know she had to have been very serious on her part, because I've actually met a person with something equally stupid to say...well ask. The question was, and I quote, "What is Filipino?" And then the questions get dumber as they are answered...the dumbest being, and I quote again, "Do they have their own language?" That's some shit you should know in the eleventh grade, and should damn sure know if you're taking history.....so I've experienced dumbassness like this before...and highly doubt she meant meant anything other than Asian seriously being a religion and not a race.

edit: and the girl wasn't a twilight fan...she's never seen any of the movies and was just there to be there... ;>.> <.<;[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

and the girl wasn't a twilight fan...she's never seen any of the movies and was just there to be there... ;>.> <.<;
With the earlier Twilight-fan-bashing, I find this hilarious.

Maybe she just said it to troll.

I mean, I say things like that with a straight face. Or maybe she's just poorly educated about what a religion is. Or maybe she's making a point.

November[S n o w] said:
                                        • That's some shit you should know in the eleventh grade, and should damn sure know if you're taking history.....so I've experienced dumbassness like this before...and highly doubt she meant meant anything other than Asian seriously being a religion and not a race.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• Actually in my state they don't have a required history classes for you to take in the eleventh grade, as they find history is a useless subject to most.

While the religion-thing is obviously nonsense, Asian is, indeed, not a race (and the proper terminology would be ethnicity). After all there is only one human race.

Somehow I feel offended when I read the word "weeaboo".

I mean, it's not like there is any reason for that. I certainly don't think that the Japanese are a master race and I'm aware that, like every other nation, they have their share of problems (like their inability to come to terms with their past).

I don't see how it would offend you when it doesn't apply to you. Unless you happen to think otherwise.

Nyarly said:
While the religion-thing is obviously nonsense, Asian is, indeed, not a race (and the proper terminology would be ethnicity). After all there is only one human race.

And in the human race are multiple races.

Is otaku actually an insult? I mean, it always just sounds... embarrassing to be called it? It feels the same way as weeaboo to me: it's not actually insulting, sometimes the in group uses it with humour or proudly, but I wouldn't want to be called either because that means I'm doing something odd?

Back
Top Bottom