Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

..::Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Fᴀᴛᴇ::.. [Hᴀʀᴜ & Iʀᴏɴɪᴄ]

"I thought you might enjoy that sweet drink. Seems to suit you." Ket told the elf girl, and got them both a pint from the bar and them came back to the table. Ket was in his human form, without his armor, and he gave an approving nod at where she had decided to sit. Setting the pint down in front of her he took a seat to one side of the table, not quite across from her lest he block her view, and lifted the large mug to his lips. "That is very nice." he said, and looked over the menu, choosing a dish of roasted pork and the same sort of vegetables she had picked.

As Krista offered to pay for the meal Ket smiled and ordered a double order of pork when the waitress came by, flashing her large brown eyes at the strapping man at the table. Little did she know what he truly was, or the depths of his appetites. His own eyes flashed as she turned away, and her hips swayed. Exhaling heavily Ket let his eyes stray to Krista. "So what is the plan from here? We get out bellies full, a good night's rest, and then?" he asked, curious if she had a plan.

"You certainly know how to eat." Krista commented with a smile before sipping thoughtfully on her drink. She swirled the contents in the glass as she chatted with Ket. "Honestly when I ran off I had no plans on what to do or where to go." She admitted as a small frown played across her lips. "You're honestly the person who is giving me adventure right now. I'd probably still be in the forest running around." A small laugh left her lips, knowing this was a true statement.

It wasn't long before their food came, the waitress setting the plates down before them. Ket's took up most of the table but she didn't mind that at all.

"Anything else?" The woman asked before waiting for a response. Krista shook her head before the waitress nodded and took off to another table.

"I don't mind trying to find that woman you are looking for. Where is she at anyways and how will we get to her?" Krista asked as she stuck her fork into her vegetables.

Ket just smiled. "I suppose I do! It takes a lot of energy, even in this body, to keep me going. I do love to eat as well." he admitted. Listening as she described her plans, or lack thereof, Ket thought about their next course of action. He found her voice mesmerizing and the laugh she had like a lilting little song.

As she asked about the woman that had done this to him, the female sphinx, he gave a sigh and took a drink of his mead. "Her name is Gaiza, this female. I only know her general location, and only because I can feel some of myself in her, the magic she stole from me. I can tell she is headed southeast toward Kar Kaz. Though what she is going there to accomplish I cannot say, though I would imagine it is to seek some of the Old Masters and their black magic to make this exchange of power permanent. We need to stop her before she can do that. Will you help me?"

She had already said she would, and for that Ket was grateful, but she needed to understand the danger. With his magic, Gaiza was a powerful foe. He would be immune to most of what she might throw at him, but in turn he would be hard pressed to be able to harm her. Krista would likely be the one to swing that balance of power.

Krista nodded her head, folding her hands on top of the table as her eyes pierced through his like ice. "I understand the consequences and I am willing to help you. I don't have anything else to do, let alone anything better than this. But, if you don't mind me asking... what do I get in return for this?" Her brow quirked upwards, waiting for him to respond to her inquire.

"Alright, I have your food." The waitress spoke, interrupting their conversation. The pause was almost excruciating, Kirsta wanting to know what was on his mind for his response. The plate of food looked delicious and very classy, but the price didn't matter to her. After the waitress left she dug her fork into the meat before slicing a hearty piece off, sticking it between the striations of her teeth before chomping down. The savory juices melted in her mouth, her tongue enjoying the bath.

Ket pondered momentarily and seemed about to say something when the waitress came back with their meal. Nodding his head in thanks, Ket poured himself more to drink and then turned his attention back to Krista. Leaning a bit closer to her he once more had to be completely honest with her.

"I can say with confidence that should we fail, we will perish. So that is a risk we take. However, if I am able to reclaim my rightful power and form, what is it that you would wish? As a Great Sphinx I am powerful, one of the most powerful of my kind, if I must admit it. Do you wish to learn magic? Become a great warrior? A learned sage with vast knowledge? I could give you all of these things." he told her, eating slowly, and savoring the food before them.

"I can tell you now that you would no longer be under the auspices of your parents, nor obligated to run your kingdom upon their eventual departure. Though you could be the most wise and benevolent ruler your kingdom has ever seen... or a terrible and powerful despot, if tat is your will." he told her, watching her carefully.

Her eyes widened as he explained all of the seemingly endless possibilities she could get in return for her helping hand. She let the words sink into her mind, wondering what else she could ask for if he proclaimed to be powerful.

"How about I figure it out if we succeed. I don't want to get over my head if we end up dying in the process, you know?" She smirked before taking a swig of her drink, her cheeks flushing in a pink hue. "I do hope you are enjoying your meal, Ket." She added on before taking another bite of her own.

"Honestly, we never really talked much about Sphinx's. They were just as rare as us. How could I be certain you're not tricking me? I never heard of one turning into a human."

Back
Top Bottom