Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Moved [RoleplayMaster and Sigr]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
It was the fourth time Veronica had carried a shaky tower of boxes from the rental truck to the house and there was still job to be done. With her blonde hair comfortably tied in a ponytail, she was the one perfect for the job while her mother helped to sort the things out inside the house. Veronica returned to the truck, piled on three boxes more and started to return back. Anyone else would be tired by now, not to mention that such a pile of boxes would block the view of most people, but with her tall and strong physique, Veronica had no trouble with that.

It had been a warm September so far, and that day wasn't much different from the ones before, so Veronica was wearing a loose t-shirt that flew freely over her usual choice of a sport bra. Some sport shorts and simple sneakers allowed her legs to bask in the sun, making her look even taller. "I swear that those boxes seem to multiply when I don't look" she joked, reaching the house once more. A hearty laugh sounded from Rachel's mouth, accustomed to her daughter's joking even if such task seemed effortless for her. "It's better than sitting at home with your old woman music, though" Veronica continued, a running gag between both of them. Truth be told, Rachel adopted Veronica when the girl was already ten years old and Rachel was thirty, so the woman was far from being old. The adoption wasn't a surprise either, as Rachel was a pretty, black haired, curvy and small woman, not much alike Veronica.

"I know that you are a good neighbor, stop whining" Rachel added with a smile. She was grateful for Veronica being her daughter. Having lost her parents at such age without an extended family to move with made Veronica feel lost, so she was surprised when a lawyer that wasn't even married took her in. Rachel had a good job on a huge firm in Los Angeles, so they lived comfortably even if she wasn't much at home. What was important was making those family moments count, even if it was helping the new neighbors settle in.

"Why don't you go to the back, I'm sure you want to" Rachel said, seemingly hiding something from her. Veronica hasn't seen the neighboring house yet, and she was curious about what was her mother talking about, so she left the last box and walked in. They had a pool. And a gym. With Rachel's job they could afford the huge house next to that, but theirs didn't have a pool in the back. Maybe they could be open to share it? Veronica didn't even think much of how awkward could that be, a new neighbor asking about the pool, she had an outgoing character and always expected the best of people.

"See? I knew you were going to like it" Rachel surprised her daughter looking around, mouth agape. The owners of the house were all around upstairs and since Veronica had been unloading boxes outside she hadn't seen them yet. What kind of people were them remained a mystery for her. "Oh, I've to bolt, tell them I've work to do" Rachel excused herself, as she really was very busy. That left Veronica alone in a strange house while the owners were nowhere to be seen. She left the gym and walked into the back yard, staring at the pool under the late summer sun.

xrp5YJU.jpg

The move had been a horrible idea to Curtis, who had looked at his parents with a mix of betrayal and disbelief, as they told him they would be moving to America. "But... what about my life?" He said "My friends, my social life?" Sure, he had made excuses, but his social life was pretty lackluster; a grand total of one close friend, and a few other friends that were better suited under the term 'acquaintance'. But he hated change. But since this move was thanks to his father's business branching out, the Australians moved across to the great US of A, for this better paying job, and completely new lifestyle.

While he had been against it at first, the idea of living here was slowly getting better. Definitely a nice looking house, albeit a bit empty. "Where's our stuff?" Curtis asked. "Our neighbours offered to grab it. They were in the next city over, which is where our stuff was being shipped to, and they said they could bring it back for us. Be sure to thank them when you see them." Helen, his mother, told him. She said when, meaning a meeting sounded inevitable. Curtis hated meeting new people. Especially neighbours. After all, they all seemed to be at least twenty years older than him, and ignored his presence ninety nine percent of the time.

Sitting in his empty room, Curtis was playing on his phone in the corner when he heard the rolling door of the moving truck shut, a bit of chatter, and then the moving truck driving away as one of the moving company's employees had come to retrieve it. The fifteen year old introvert had hoped this meant he had no meeting needed, but was of course, wrong. "Curtis!" Helen said, sounding disapproving as she poked her head into his room. "Our neighbours spent a lot of time helping us, the least you could do is go down and say thank you. Just spent five seconds of your time doing that, then you can go on your computer, or your phone, or whatever." She said, sounding a little disappointed as she listed off potential activities at the end. She knew her son was a social outcast, and hoped this new life in America would fix that.

Sighing, Curtis nodded and slowly stood up, pocketing his phone and went in search of the neighbours. The next door house seemed empty, but he heard footsteps in his own house, telling him someone was still here. Trotting down the steps, Curtis went out the back and found one of the hottest girls he had ever seen, standing next to his pool. He couldn't see her face fully yet, but her skin looked so soft, her figure so firm and athletic, and her height seemed daunting and intimidating, yet sexy. It was strange, that Curtis stood at a round five foot, but had a height fetish for those much taller than himself.

"U-Uh.. H-Hello?" he stuttered nervously, poking his glasses up his nose, a fidgety action he did often to distract himself. Was this his neighbour? Once she had turned, and he had her attention, he struggled to figure out what he was going to say next. Her beauty was better than expected, and very distracting and unnerving. "Th-Thanks for the uh.. helping. With the truck... stuff... stuff in the truck." Not the most eloquent of words, but it got the point across. Realising he should introduce himself, even if it was just so he could touch her beautiful skin for a brief moment, he offered a hand to shake. "My Curtis is name." He said with a small smile, before cringing and blushing at the same time. "My name is Curtis." He corrected himself.

"Oh, hey!" Veronica greeted the newcomer, turning around to see that it was a cute bespectacled boy, fidgeting around a few feet away. He seemed to be younger than her, and the height difference only got worse when she got up close. He seemed startled to see a stranger in the house, but Veronica suspected that it was due to her height, as it was far from being a rare occurrence.

"A pleasure! Name's Veronica!" she cheerfully greeted, amused by the tongue twister, trying to ease the boy up and energetically shaking his hand. He was indeed cute, precisely the kind of guy that would never want to be paired next to her, but she always tried to not think negatively. "It wasn't much, I can carry several boxes at once" she said proud, soon chastising herself for bragging about strength in front of a guy.

"I didn't want to wander around since it's all done, but I was admiring the pool" she pointed backwards with her thumb. "This is a nice neighborhood, but it's pretty far out and I have to admit that I felt jealous since we don't have one" Veronica said with a smile, scratching the back of her head. "Where are you from?" she leaned forward ever so slightly, as if she was about to examine him up close but stopped half way. "I'm no expert, but that accent isn't from around here" she said, straightening back up and nodding, as if she was some kind of detective.

As he approached her, he had to crane his head up more and more to remain eye contact with her. It was an odd feeling, but he didn't mind, as he was rewarded with a nice view. Veronica was beautiful, and if he had to get minor neck pains to appreciate it, he would not mind one bit.

She did not tease him for muddling his words, a first in Curtis' case. She held an amused smile of course, but that didn't matter. "Nice to meet you, V-Veronica" He replied, her hand just as soft as he predicted. She bragged about her strength, and her body language told him that she didn't mean to do that. "That's impressive." He replied with a small smile, hoping to put her at ease. He didn't really know why she was telling herself off for bragging about strength, but he didn't like to see his new neighbour feeling bad.

"You're free to come over and use the pool whenever you want." He offered, perhaps sounding a little too excited. "I mean.. I'd have to ask my parents, but I doubt they'd have an issue with it. The question of his accent surprised him, as he always felt he didn't really have much of an accent. But living in an area where everyone spoke the same way as you, probably helped hide it. Now that he was in America, it was sure to be more noticeable. "U-Uh... Australia." Curtis answered. Inside somewhere, Helen was smiling to herself. She couldn't hear the conversation distinctly, but this is the most Curtis had spoken to someone outside the family, in ages.

Curtis was smiling when he complimented her strength, but Veronica had never met a boy who really cared about it, so she was sure that he was just being polite. Her expression brightened even more when Curtis offered to share the pool. "What? Really?" Veronica was surprised and couldn't help but briefly hug Curtis, restraining herself not to lift him from the ground and taking a step back quickly. "Thank you, thank you" she nodded. "The pool is just perfect for light exercise and relax after a volley practice, but not having to drive to the closest public one is amazing" Veronica was happy, not only her new neighbor was a cutie, but also a nice guy.

"Australia? Man, that's pretty far" Veronica sighed when he answered her question, getting out of your country must be harsh. "At least you didn't end somewhere else having to learn another language" she shrugged, seeing the positive side of things. "I can show you around... if you want. It's the least I can do" she offered, not knowing if Curtis would want to be seen in public with her.

Before he knew what was going on, Curtis was pulled into a tight hug. Feeling two breasts either side of his face, his glasses squashed against his eyes, normally the boy would be hating the mistreatment of his glasses. But right now, he was in heaven. It felt like a lifetime yet also only a millisecond before Veronica pulled away, leaving him with nothing but a boner in his shorts. It poked out in a very obvious, horizontal tent in his clothes, not that he knew how obvious it was right now.

"It's not a problem. I'm not the best swimmer, so it'll be good to have some use for the pool." Lacking a bit of strength in his arms, legs, body... well, everywhere, Curtis couldn't push against the water in an effective way to swim well. And besides. Now he'd have something to watch that was even better than the TV.

"Yeah, Dad's one of the higher-ups in a technology business that began in Australia. They decided to 'go big', and that meant expanding to America. Since he knows the business, he was asked to come here and basically become the boss here. I wasn't exactly happy about the move, but at least I've made my first friend." The boy shrugged with a small smile. He hoped he wasn't assuming too much, as her age likely meant she'd prefer hanging out with people older than himself.

At least, that's what he thought, before she offered to show him around. "I um.. I would love that!" he said, clearly very happy. More time with this girl was all that he really wanted, and here Veronica was, offering it to him. He'd be an idiot to say no.

"So um... what's your plans for today? Did you want to go for a swim or something?" the uncertain question came, unsure what to do with himself.

Veronica focused her eyes on Curtis' bespectacled face, not wanting to look below there. She had briefly glanced there and watched his excitement, making her look away. It was only a natural thing, specially if she inadvertently pushed her breasts into his face, but Veronica knew that such things happened, that didn't mean he liked her. She wasn't exactly inexperienced, but the couple flings she had a couple of years ago ended up badly. Boys will be boys, her mother Rachel said, and she knew that no one wanted her whole tall self.

Veronica returned from daydream land, glad that Curtis considered her a friend, but also dreading a little bit what the word usually meant. At least he seemed happy to know more about the place with her, and there was the perfect place for the first day. "My plans today are to be the one girl welcome party" she said, cheerful. "Lets not be a bother at you home when there are still things to unpack, but I have to show you at least one place" Veronica said. "Warn your parents and let me get my car out of the garage, I'll be waiting for you outside" she said with a wide smile before going to her home.

A quick look at the mirror on the entrance made sure her hair was fine, it wasn't as she devoted much time getting herself ready. She quickly changed her sport shorts for some denim ones with pockets, so she could stuff the wallet, keys and phone there. From her room to the garage, it was just a few minutes when she took her vehicle to the front of Curtis' house.

Her choice of transportation was as odd as the girl herself. One would expect a teenage girl to drive something cheap and cute, not a silver Ford pickup with a closed back. She liked it to carry friends and sports gear anywhere, and it had space inside to stretch, as she almost didn't fit on some of the smaller compact cars.

Nodding, Curtis walked off, and that was when he noticed his erection. Blushing furiously, he adjusted himself so that his boner poked upward into his waistband, hoping to hide it from view. It was a warm day, so suddenly changing from shorts into jeans to better hide his erection would look suspicious. He was just praying that Veronica didn't notice it earlier. Jogging upstairs, he found his parents struggling to put together their bed frame.

"Hey mum, dad, I'm going out for a bit with one of the neighbours." He informed them. Chris, his father, seemed to want to argue, but the mother quickly spoke over whatever her husband was about to say. "That's good sweetie. Have fun and make sure you aren't gone too long. Text us if you think you'll be home late." Helen smiled, and Curtis came down the stairs once again. "We could have used his help." Chris said in an annoyed tone. "Yeah, but the happier he is, the easier this move will be on him." Helen reminded him.

Noticing Veronica's car, it was definitely an impressive vehicle. Suited her too, from what he could see from her so far. Giving her a small wave from the doorway, he could be seen patting the various pockets on his shorts to ensure he had his phone and wallet. He didn't bother with keys, since a spare key had not yet been cut for him. Approaching, Curtis opened the door and pulled himself inside; the vehicle was fairly high off the ground, probably due to Veronica's 6'6" stature. Standing at 5'0", Curtis had to grip the pickup's doorframe to get inside. "Impressive car... So, where to?" Curtis asked with a smile, pulling his seatbelt on. By now, the bulge in his shorts was beginning to deflate.

"Thank you" Veronica nodded at the appreciation of her car. "We are pretty far from anywhere in this neighborhood, so the closest source of amusement is the shopping center" she answered, driving as confidently as she seemed to do most else. "It has a billion shops, bowling alley, places to eat and indulge, movie theater... well, you know" she shrugged, it wasn't as he came from another planet without places like those. "It's not hella far, sometimes I take the bicycle to go there" Veronica added with a shrug, as if the twenty mile trek to the mall was nothing. "But with my mothers job I end up doing the shopping for groceries and all that, so most of the time I end up driving there" she admitted.

Soon enough they had arrived at the parking lot of the impressive looking place, a huge building full of billboards that hold most of the businesses. "There isn't nowhere to go without a car, so you better get on your parents good side and get one. If you tell them that's for going to the school they'll probably accept" Veronica said while they left the vehicle and walked to the place, not knowing that Curtis was just short of being of legal age to drive.

Once inside the music and people made the place feel busy even for the time of the day. The place had still plenty of clients and felt alive nonetheless. Considering that there were just a few days before school started, there were also a good share of teens spending their time around. "Anything you may like?" Veronica wondered, asking him. She didn't really have any shopping to do, and it wouldn't be polite to drag him around wherever she just pleased to.

She may have thought this would be fairly similar to what Curtis was familiar with, but it was far from it. He was used to living in a smaller sort of town, with buildings you can actually see the top of. Billboards were non-existent with the exception of the 'Welcome to' or 'Now Leaving' town signs, and living so far out of the main areas was also new. Curtis usually would take a fifteen minute walk to the main shopping centre which had maybe twenty stores. Seeing this shopping complex almost gave him a heart attack for how much was available to him.

"Uh.. I dunno if they'd get me a car, since I'm only fifteen." He commented quietly, looking out of the window as they drove around. Soon enough, the pair were inside, and it felt very busy. An introvert at heart, Curtis could feel himself begin to stress at the unfamiliar environment, and stuck very close to the only familiar thing to him - Veronica. "U-Uh.. Nothing I can really think of. If you need anything while we're here, we can go there. I come from a small town, so something like this is something I'm not used to." He explained softly.

"Really?" Veronica didn't expect him to be fifteen, but she tended to misjudge ages easily. "That's a bummer" she sighed. Veronica had an idea, but she didn't want to push anything on Curtis, as he looked quite uncomfortable, seemingly coming from a small calm place. Oh boy, and now he was in LA, that was bound to be weird.

"Ok then" she nodded when Curtis told her to take initiative. He looked a bit baffled, but maybe he didn't want to reveal his tastes? Veronica tilted her head. Sure he looked like someone who would like videogames, or maybe he was a brainiac and wanted to visit a book shop, but she didn't want to judge him by appearances, so she went by his suggestion.

"I got groceries two days ago, so we can indulge on some good old window shopping" she said, walking through the mall with definite intent, clearly knowing where she was going. Passing a few trendy clothing shops, Veronica's eyes drifted around, but she seemed to avoid looking at them much, specially when it came to the underwear one, and soon they reached what it sure looked like her destination: A huge sports wear and gear shop.

There Veronica ogled at the sport swimsuits in the window, and soon enough she decided to go in. "Come on, I love this place" she said with a smile. "Welcome" a woman in one of the registers greeted them, but her warm attitude made clear that Veronica was a regular there. "Hi..." Veronica greeted her, but she did seem a bit reserved compared to her usual self until now. Getting to the swimwear area, Veronica soon started to look and compare sporty looking one piece swimsuits.

Curtis gave a small smile in greeting to the woman as they entered the sports store. Following Veronica inside, she went toward the swimsuit section. The isle held both men's and women's swimwear, which thankfully made him a little less shy about being in this area. "Do you need a new swimsuit for my pool?" He asked with a bit of a grin. He soon realised he actually didn't have any swimwear anyway, since the last time he went swimming was years ago, and his board shorts were much too short for him.

Turning around to look at the menswear, Curtis grabbed a pair of shorts that had a fairly generic surf design, but still looked nice. Biting his lip nervously, wondering if he was trying too hard to get Veronica to like him, he pushed away those thoughts before speaking up. "If you want, pick something and I'll buy it along with my shorts. Least I can do for you being my guide." He offered, gesturing to the many different one and two piece swimsuits.

"Well, need isn't the word for it, but I thought it would be nice" Veronica smiled, looking at the wide selection available. She was focusing on the one piece sport swimwear, throwing the odd glance from time to time to the two piece bikinis, but still not going anywhere near them.

"Really? I mean, you are already letting me use your pool..." Veronica felt glad that he wanted to buy it for her, but she didn't want to feel like she was using him. In the end, she leaned towards accepting his offer. "Fine, but then the lunch is on me afterwards" she nodded. With the truck unloading, the trip and the shopping, they would probably end up getting their lunch there sooner than later. Her mother wouldn't be back until late at night, so going back home would mean eating alone as always.

Veronica doubted what to pick. If Curtis wanted to get something for her... should she pick something cute? No, no, no. There was no way one of those would fit her, right? She fidgeted between the aisles, finally approaching the two piece swimsuits. They were still designed for comfort and performance, but she thought that for a home pool it was a nice change of pace. As she always used the same brand, there was no way of getting it wrong and she soon decided for a navy blue two piece set with a red trim.

"I like this one, thank you Curtis" Veronica handed the chosen outfit to him so he could pay for it and leaned forward, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm letting you use the pool, sure, but you helped bring our furniture, so that makes us even for that." Curtis reminded her with a shrug. At the offer of her paying for lunch, the boy gave a nod. "It's only fair." He smiled, but knew him paying for her would easily outweigh her paying for him.

Waiting patiently for her to choose, the bikini she eventually gave him was a very nice design. He secretly looked forward to seeing her in it. "No prob.." He began to reply as she thanked him, pausing in shock as she kissed him, "..lem" he finished. Blushing incredibly deeply, he shyly glanced up at her before walking over to the front desk. Leaning against it as he placed the two bits of clothing on the counter, he felt his hard on appear once again, and now in a public area, Curtis would be unable to subtly hide it.

As the boy was distracted with these thoughts, the store clerk that was very familiar with Veronica in this shop, glanced at her. Giving the tall girl a wink, she glanced from Veronica to Curtis, and did a cheeky dick sucking motion that quickly stopped when Curtis' face began to rise from the clothing.

After a few button presses and the exchange of money, the two pieces of clothing were put in a bag and handed to Curtis. "Have a good day." She smiled, and the pair soon left. "So where to for lunch?"

Veronica approached the register area nonchalantly, as she liked seeing Curtis blush from a kiss. There was no way that he wanted more than being friends with a girl that tall, but she was still glad that he felt something about her. Her smile freeze over as they approached as Cindy, the cashier that welcomed them before, was the only one available.

Veronica knew the twenty something year old Cindy from the shop, and since they both spent there quite the amount of time they always ended up chatting when the business was slow. Cindy was nice and all that, but she always irked Veronica about how pretty she was and how she needed to get a good boyfriend, even if Veronica always insisted that her height scared the guys away. Cindy was also more outgoing than even Veronica, specially when it came to certain topics, so as they came close she expected to hear some kind of joke about her finally finding a boy. As if.

What happened was nothing like a mere joke, making Veronica fluster and move her mouth in a easily readable STOP IT, but Cindy stopped before Curtis saw anything. She didn't want to scare him any more. Cindy was an expert holding her laugh, so she looked perfectly normal while tending to Curtis while Veronica looked mortified.

Once out of sight, out of mind, and she soon recovered when Curtis asked about the lunch. "The Food Court is at the top, packed with choices, I think we have an elevator close" Veronica guided him. Luckily she hadn't stumbled upon any acquaintances, like someone from the volley team. The last thing she wanted was surrounding Curtis in girls taller than him, with Veronica it had to be awkward enough, so she was glad he was putting up with her.

"I like this place" Veronica pointed to a BBQ joint, the kind of place that has a wide selection of meat everywhere, including the salad. "Shall we?" she was feeling hungry at the thought, and maybe during the lunch she could dare to broach the idea she had before.

Completely unaware of what had transpired between Veronica and Cindy, Curtis was happy to do something nice for Veronica, and happier still about that kiss as a reward. He doubted he'd get another kiss like that ever from her or anyone else ever again, but this was a nice feeling while it lasted. He felt the urge to hold her hand, or wrap an arm around her waist, as if they were going out. But of course, that kiss was nothing but a friendly gesture. She wouldn't want him for any reason like that.

Nodding at the suggested BBQ joint, he followed her closer to the store. "I'll just get whatever you're getting. Make it as healthy or unhealthy as you like." He laughed. She was in really good shape, and whether that was from working on it or just healthy metabolism. It was fairly clear that Curtis was completely different in body types compared to Veronica, even without the height difference. Veronica had muscle in her arms and legs, and a very fit and athletic body. Curtis on the other hand, was basically skin and bones, and the appearance of muscle on his body was more of just a lack of body mass. His stomach had a bit of a bulge from fat, showing he didn't care much about what he ate, but with a little work, he could even get a six pack.

"Are you sure?" Veronica asked as they were being seated. She wasn't exactly ashamed of her appetite, but she knew that her voracious habits weren't exactly girly. Between Veronica's size, her metabolism and the athletic habits, she could chew an amount of food that could make Curtis sick. Veronica asked the waitress for the special combo, something that elicited an eyebrow lift on her part, but she just took note of it and the cokes to gulp it down.

Anyone that looked at the menu would see that the special combo was a smorgasbord of burgers and ribs, chicken wings and onion rings, meant to be shared by four people. If someone looked at her face when the food started to arrive, they would see that the order wasn't a mistake, judging for the shine on her eyes. She liked Curtis, but she wasn't going to make that stop her from indulging herself. The combo allowed them to share freely what they liked, and wouldn't force Curtis to order the same meal than her and end up sick.

"Welcome to America" Veronica giggled at the sight of the excess made lunch, joking about it with Curtis. "Oh, you must try the onion rings here! The beer batter is awesome!" she realized, grabbing one of the golden circles with her fingers and carrying it to Curtis' mouth, slightly brushing his lips with the point of her fingers. "Good, right?" she asked, once he started to chew on it. Veronica worked her way through the food, and it was a show seeing her cut through a meal who would make many grown up men sick.

Halfway through it, she felt good and confident enough to reveal her idea. "I was thinking that going on the bus is awful, to school I mean" she added, clarifying the topic at hand. "So we can go to school together every day, I can drive you if you don't mind" she shrugged, hoping that he wouldn't mind being seen with her carrying him to school.

Giving a shrug and a nod, Curtis wondered why she was unsure of if he would want to eat what she ate. Her reasoning was soon shown to him though, as a large meal was soon presented to them. "Holy fuck." He mumbled, watching the meet pile up on their table. Grabbing a burger, he was about to start eating when she offered him an onion ring. Tentatively, Curtis leaned forward toward her outstretched hand, biting into the onion ring and raising his hand to ensure it didn't fall. "Mmm" He said approvingly as he bit into the ring and tasted it.

Swallowing the ring down, he nodded at her. "Really good." He said, picking up the burger and beginning to eat. "I don't think I'll be able to eat much, but from the look in your eye, I'm guessing that you'll be pleased to have more to eat." He didn't look disgusted as expected. More amused at her eating habits. After all, she could eat whatever she wanted, he wasn't in a position to judge. She still looked better than he did.

Her idea clearly surprised him, but not because of him not wanting to be near her thanks to her height. Curtis internally debated for a bit, before speaking up. "Why... Why are you offering this to me? I mean, I'd love to go with you, but what's the catch?" The boy asked, sounding suspicious. "I'm not used to this sort of friendliness. You're not going to do something to me publicly when school starts, are you?" While the question was directed at her, it was clear his question wasn't personal. Just years of bad treatment from others.

Veronica's voracity slowed while Curtis talked, her chewing coming to a halt when he voiced his suspicions. Veronica gulped the food, downing it with some coke. "What makes you think that?" she asked. "Just because I'm tall and strong doesn't mean that I'm some kind of bully, you know?" Veronica seemed bothered even if Curtis wasn't really thinking that, she didn't really know.

"I'm not saying that LA is just heaven, cause believe me, it's not" Veronica continued. "But man, Australia must be a fucked up place to make you think that" she left her half eaten burger on the plate, taking a moment to breathe. It wasn't like she was angry, at least that wasn't the entirety of what she was feeling. More than anything else, she felt frustrated, as she had botched something good by just being herself.

His eyes widened, shaking his head when she started saying that he thought she was a bully because of her height and strength. "N-No, no. I didn't mean to offend you, it's just..." He paused, trying to think of the right way to phrase his thoughts. "You're like the perfect woman, and you're hanging out with me. It doesn't make sense to me. I've never met anyone so attractive before that's also nice. Most people secretly want to relay what I say to their friends to laugh at me. Or invite me to a costume party and no one else there is in costumes..." Curtis sighed. "Look, sorry I said anything. I had a rough time at school back home, I'm just worried the same thing will happen at this school. I literally have no friends here, and I'm hoping I didn't just push away the one friend I hopefully did make?" He finished his small rant, a questioning tone in his last sentence as if to ask if they were still friends.

Veronica listened to the words coming out of his mouth without a blink, as Curtis was opening up to her. She learned then that he had a tough past and had been subjected to certain things she had suffered too, being a lanky teenager around his age. Since them Veronica thought that she had outgrown that, at least a little bit, but judging from her own reaction...

"I'm sorry too. I made it a body issue when it wasn't one" Veronica admitted. "I won't tell you that I know what that is like, since each experience is different, but believe me when I say that I understand it" she said. Veronica sighed, wanting to move forward. "Then it's settled, I'll take you to school when it starts" she made a pause, "but you'll have to share the dessert with me" added, a glint in her eyes already telling Curtis that it would be some kind of ice cream monstrosity.

The meal continued, and soon the promised mountain of sweets that pretended to be a reasonable dessert arrived on the table, earning them an eyeful of admiration and disbelief from the waitress. "So" Veronica's smile already betrayed that she was going to say something embarrassing or at least playful. "Tell me again that part of how I'm the most attractive girl you ever met" Veronica was just toying, being a bit of a clown, thinking that Curtis had said that as just a compliment.

A noticeable sigh of relief left his lips as she told him that they could put this behind them, as long as they shared dessert. Laughing and giving a nod, he gestured to the meat. "From what I can tell from this meal, I doubt I'd be able to finish the dessert alone even if I wanted to." He laughed, and sure enough, he was right. The dessert was basically a large bowl of icecream bigger than Curtis' head, with six spoons in there. Of course, only two spoons would be used.

Thanking the heavens that Veronica didn't seem to have noticed the attractive comment, her next words made him believe he had just jinxed himself. Blushing terribly red, he gave a shy shrug and took a big mouthful of icecream to avoid talking for a few moments, as he gathered his thoughts. "W-Well.. I'm not wrong, am I? Attractive face, g-good um.. body. You're tall, which you for some reason think is bad, but I like it. Same with the strength. Easily the most attractive girl I've ever met." The last sentence was almost inaudible, but he was sure Veronica would manage to hear it even in the busy food court.

"Thank you" Veronica said surprised, noticing a faint blush, making her to speed up her ice cream devouring pace. Curtis really meant it, he found her attractive. What did one do in such situation? Veronica sure didn't know. She found Curtis cute, and his own admission made her even more aware of what she felt, but was unable to say much. "Ugh... brain freeze" Veronica winced, almost welcoming the change of topic, feeling pain due to her hastened ice cream devouring pace.

Wait, wouldn't Curtis feel bad if she didn't return the compliment? Oh man, was it already too late and it would sound forced? Veronica was outgoing and friendly, but her skills to navigate unforeseen situations left much to desire. "I like you. You have shown to be honest" she just blurted, hoping for the best. Another scoop of ice cream allowed for a pause. "And... you are cute" she said. A few boys in her past grew tired of her at the sound of that word. Boys weren't supposed to be cute, they had to be handsome next to cute little girls, but she always meant it as a compliment.

"Oof, I think that even I ate too much" Veronica admitted. "Do you know what I could use? Some relaxing time on the poolside. Do you know of anyone that has such a thing at home?" she joked.

Laughing at her brain freeze, he shook his head in an amused way as he ate another spoonful of icecream. "Lightweight." He jokingly called her. Silence took over the group once again, so it was a surprise when she suddenly complimented him. It sounded very awkward and forced, so it sort of felt as if she complimented him only as a thank you for his own comments. Did.. did she think he only complimented her in order to receive a compliment in return? "Thanks." He replied, but looked slightly disappointed if she watched his body language.

"Yeah, we can head back home if you like? You can try the pool out for a bit and I can hang out with you." He smiled. Eyeing a distant store, he looked over at the exit. "Go to the car and wait for me. Just want to go grab something from a shop. It's a surprise though, so I'll go when you go." Curtis grinned. Taking one more bite of ice cream, Curtis waited for Veronica to leave, before entering a store that sold pool toys. Grabbing a few things, Veronica would soon see him leaving the store with an extra bag, which was labelled with the store's name. It sold a variety of different things though, so the name gave no hints on what he bought. "Let's go."

The situation was still understandably awkward, but they were steadily recovering from a pretty awful and weird moment. Curtis seemed a bit bummed, not a surprise considering Veronica's horrible compliment timing, but he seemed to be enjoying himself as he wanted to shop for some kind of surprise. "Fine, fine" Veronica said amused, wondering what Curtis was up to, but she behaved and got to the car, jumping into it. He soon joined her with his mystery purchase, and even if Veronica was curious she just didn't mention it.

"Luckily the police tests people for alcohol, not sugar. I think I'm food drunk" she joked, heading back under the shining sun. Once home there was no trace of Curtis' parents, at least on the bottom floor, were they upstairs or on an errand was a mystery to her, but Curtis didn't seem to mind it, so she didn't. "It's time for something new, here" Veronica opened the shopping bag with their outfits, and threw Curtis his shorts. She looked around, but since her task was to carry out boxes she didn't know their home as her mother did. Luckily she didn't have to ask, since Curtis headed upstairs and she could use a small bathroom not far from the back side of the house.

Changed on her brand new sport bikini, Veronica felt good but weird. It was comfortable, but she had trouble trying to not be specially aware of how her abdomen was exposed. Thinking that she better get herself refreshed and forget such issues, Veronica dived in without waiting for Curtis, using the pool as a distraction and a way to cover herself at least partially. The cool water felt amazing under the summer sun, and since Veronica was just full of food she took it calmly, letting herself float with her eyes closed, engrossed in a slow and lazy backstroke.

Back
Top Bottom