Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My mate (zach74374 - Vega)

Vega

Star
A werewolf without a wolf is just a worthless human and should not belong in a pack. However Rosie's own parents had passed away in an accident when she was five and was in the alphas care when she hit seven. The year you get contacted with your wolf. Sometimes you was a late bloomer and would turn as late as ten years old. But for Rosie that moment never came. Her pack, Green river was one to take the traditions very hard. After a few years was it clear that she had no place in the pack and she was used as a servant to say.

Rosie pulled her sleeves down as if they could go any further. She loved hoodies. They was the perfect clothing. It was if the could hide you from the world, of course she knew that was not possible but they made everything at least a little better. Rosie put her school bag over her shoulder and out a soft sigh. Sadly this was the last year in school. Even if the classmates was mean was this nothing compared to her home. This was where she could get peace.
Rosie never talked with anyone unless she had to. She was often alone and liked it that way.

She sat in the back of the classroom and made some doodles between some notes. The last class was about to start in a few minutes so more and more people went inside the room. She heard the teacher greet them with a hello so she looked up to pay attention. But instead she found a member of the other pack stare at her. Rosie felt uncomfortable and looked away.

That class was one of the strangest one she had been through in a long time. The young man kept looking at her over and over again and since he started did soon more of the teens from his pack do the same. Was there something in her face? She had made sure to cover up the bruises as good she could. Maybe had the make up go away? She was pretty sure that none of the other's knew what really was going on inside the grand house back home expect her own pack and that was what she liked to keep it. That was how her Alpha wanted to keep it.
The lesson was over, the bell called out. It was time to get home... Rosie got up from her chair and began to pack her bag.

Alex never knew his dad, his dad left his pack when he was just a baby. No one knew why he left, and for some time threats of traitorism and other many more plagued his father's disappearance, until a messenger arrived at his doorstep. It held a letter, with no scent that he knew, with a seal that was all too familiar, his father's seal. Alex took the letter, and then left, not opening it, or talking to his mother that asked what was delivered, he left to his school.

Alex walked through his school, the members of his pack instantly surrounding him. Alex wasn't the alpha of his pack, but he was popular, both in his pack and at school. He never asked to be popular, or special, but his unique white hair, and red eyes made him stand out at school, and his unique white fur and red eyes in his wolf form made him special. School was about to start, and he made his way to his class. Before he made it into the door, a girl walked over to him, with a litter in her hands. "Hello." Alex said, with his usual charm. The girl blushed, and looked down at the litter. "Um... this... this is for you... it's... it's from a friend of... of mine." The girl said, then held out the letter. He smiled at her, and nodded, smiling, then grabbed the letter. "Thank you, and may I ask what this friend of yours name is?" Alex asked her. The girl shook her head, blushing. "My... my friend told me not to... not to tell you." She said, before turning around, and walking away quickly.

Alex sighed, another letter, he then turned around and walked into the classroom. His pack instantly surrounded him, sitting in the tables around him. Alex sighed, as he looked around. He then settled his eyes on a girl. Her name was Rosie, a unique name to him, and he often found him looking at her out of curiosity. She was from another pack, he could smell it off of her, but she held a unique scent, one that is not often found, or not found, on a member of a pack, she was not a wolf. He found her lucky, he disliked being a wolf, it made him stand out, in society, and in his pack for his unique wolf. He envied her in some cases, and he also knew how bad not being a wolf could be, and he had heard rumors of how strict her pack was. Their pack's often fought, being so close to each other, they often faught of territory and other things. Alex sighed, before turning around, frowning, as he grabbed the two letters that where given to him that day.

It was time to get home. Rosie looked at the clock on the wall. It was soon four o'clock. Shit! She had to hurry! Rosie throwed her bag on her shoulder and turned quickly around to head out. Not really paying attention did she bump into one of the popular guys in school and his friends strongly growled at her because of it.
"Sorry..." She hurried up to say before she quickly walked toward the door instead.
Rosie walked to her locker and got her stuff. If she left now so would she be on time for the bus.
That was how her life was like. Always in a hurry to be in time and doing her chores. She took everything she needed and ran out to the bus stop only to see the bus just leave. Rosie cursed and put some music into her ears while she walked home. This was the third day this week she would come home late. The others wouldn't be happy about it. But she couldn't see why they should be mad either. It's not her fault, right? School ends a few minutes late and she has no other way to get home except walking. Maybe she could do something easy for dinner? Something that is done quickly? It shouldn't matter that it is Friday right?

Alex sighed as the bell rang for the end of the school day. He hated leaving the school, everyone always talked talked to him, asking him things and trying to be friends with him. He ignored him as hr usually did, telling them sure, saying he can't do their favor, or things of the sort.

They made it to his car, his pack jumping into all of theirs, and his bodyguard, Andrew, took the drivers wheel, as Alex got into the passenger seat. He sighed and stretched, as Andrew drove. On their way home Alex saw the girl from his class walking. "Pull over." Alex said, nodding towards the girl. Alex opened the door and stepped out. He smiled at the girl, Rosie, he reminded himself. "Hello." Alex said, closing the door behind him. "Your house is quite a walk from here, did you miss the bus?" Alex asked her, and then opened the back door to his car. "Would you like a ride?" He asked her.

(Sorry so short, on my phone)

Rosie looked up as someone got in her path. She took of her headset and looked up. It was that popular guy from before, Alex she believed his name was. He smiled at her. Offer her a ride home.
She thought for a moment. Walk home and they will get mad... Get a ride home. She would be on time but she was pretty sure that they wouldn't be too mad. Rosie took a chance and nodded. Beside it was starting to rain lightly already.
"I would love to, if that is alright. You don't have to go the full way." She told him.

Alex smiled, as Rosie agreed to take a ride. He closed the door after her, as she entered, and then walked around the car, getting into the seat next to her. "And it's fine, your house is on the way to ours anyways." Alex told her, smiling. Then Andrew opened his mouth, about to tell Alex that her house was the complete opposite way from where they lived, but Alex looked at him through the rear view mirror, and Andrew knew that Alex was telling him to shut up, and instead shifted the car into gear and began to drive towards Rosie's house. "So." Alex said, turning to Rosie. "It's strange, to have another member of a pack around, even stranger it being a member of a pack without a wolf." Alex said, and then chuckled at her reaction. "Don't think it's that strange, I could smell in on you, or the lack of it on you that is." Alex said, and then looked towards the back of Andrew's head.

Alex sighed. "I know how your pack is, very strict, always following protocol, even if the person who broke the protocol couldn't help it." Alex told her, before turning to her, smiling. He reached a hand out, brushing away some hair out of her face. "Why do you always wear hoodies?" Alex said, knowing the answer.

The ride went from awkward to really bad quickly. As soon he began to ask questions did she regret saying yes for a ride. So she glared at him, not knowing what to say really. What kind of talk was that anyway? Of all the things he could pic. Rosie flinched away from his hand.
"None of that is your business..." She told him. "Why do you even care, hm?"
Rosie looked away and felt how she grew a knot in her stomach. She had not thinking that the other would smell the other pack on her. This was stupid! She was so dead now... Rosie pulled her sleeves down over her hands. She was sure that she would get a harsh beating so she would never ever think about this again. She looked out of the window. As they got closer and closer to home did she grew more scared for each second.
"You can stop here please?" Rosie told the driver before he went off road up to the packhouse. "Thanks for the ride." She hurried out of the car and after closing the car door did she began to run home without even looking back.

Andrew looked at his alpha. "what the heck was all that about?" he asked as he began to drive back.

"Unlike your pack, I care about all beings, be it human, wolf, or both." Alex told her, before she got out, and slammed the door in his face. He sighed, as he looked out the window, as Andrew began to drive. "I don't know." Alex told him, truthfully, and sighed. "Just... shut up and drive." Alex told him, and then looked out of his window, as they drove to the house. It took some time, but it gave Alex enough time to collect his thoughts and get back to his normal self. "Can you stop by the park before we head home, I need to do something." Alex told Andrew, and Andrew just nodded.

Alex got out of the car as they stopped at the park. "Hey, just look around for a second, I need to be alone for this." Alex told him, before walking towards a bench and sitting down. Alex took out the two letters he was given that day and looked at both of them. One was the plain letter, with his father's sign on it, and the other one was a light pink, with no signature or seal on it. He decided to go with the pink one first. He opened it up, making sure not to rip the folds or anything of the sort. He then brought out the letter, and sighed as he opened it. It was nothing he hadn't gone before, some person confessing their love of him, but this one said that she wanted to meet him, at school. He sighed, deciding to worry about that later, as he took hold of the second letter. Alex opened it with extreme caution, not having heard from his father since he was just 8 years of age. And then he opened the letter, and looked at it, as he read his face grew paler and paler by the second.

Andrew let him be and took him to the park. He then stopped.
"I will go and get an ice cream." Andrew told him and pointed behind him. "Just text me when you wanna go?"

Rosie regret the whole afternoon. She got home in time, but the scent of the other boys was heavy on her and she got a beating like no ending after the dinner. When that was done did she drag herself to her room. It was a small walk in closet that had been remade. Rosie did not mind. She got a small dresser, a bed and the room held a window. But during the winter did it got sometimes very cold in her so she often manged to catch a cold. Rosie waited until everyone had fall asleep before she took a quick shower and fresh herself up. Oh, she had no idea for just how long she would survive all this... but she had nowhere to go and no money. So this hell was better than nothing. Rosie sigh deep as she put on a tub top and thought back on Alex. What was all that about? Why suddenly all the attention? It was strange... He had not cared before. She suddenly began to feel very guilty. How rude had she not been toward him and all he had been this afternoon so had he been kind. She would apologize at Monday.

Alex let out a sigh, as he finished reading the letter, and then stood up, and walked towards the car. Alex let out a low whistle, knowing that Andrew could hear him, and by time Alex made it to the car, Andrew was already there opening the door for him. Alex jumped in, not saying a word as Andrew drove towards the house.

Alex walked into the house, frowning when his mom saw him. Alex stopped in front of her, a good distance away from her. "What the hell is this?" Alex asked his mom, turning around, beginning to pace. "You lied to me, you said he was dead, well now your correct, after years of lies." Alex told her, not stopping his pacing. "You said he died, but here is his dying letter, stating he tried to contact me, but you wouldn't let him, he died thinking I hated him for leaving." Alex said, his voice raising, before he sighed and turned to face her. "But now, now I'm apparently his hair to his pack, that he was an alpha of." Alex said. And waited for his mom to reply, but his mom said nothing. He growled, before walking away, up the stairs, and slamming the door to his room behind him.

these two souls had very different lives. Hard in their own ways, good in a few other. Never did they knew that they would get crossed.
Alex's mother might have lied to him but maybe it was because of his own good. Only time could tell that.

That week night did Rosie sneak out in middle of the night. She told the boarder guards that she had the order to buy some breakfast and they just laughed into her face. Rosie instead went to the park. She often came here when she could. It was peaceful and more important she could be alone. Rosie looked over the tiny lake and let out a sigh. She was so tired, but could not find any sleep. Rosie pulled up the sleeves of her hoodie and looked at the fresh bruises. They was not going away anytime soon and she wouldn't be able to come to school for a few days. But suddenly she heard steps behind her. Rosie looked over her shoulder.

Alex frowned, jumping onto his bed, and looked up. Hours passed with him unable to sleep, too many things racing through his mind, too many thoughts jumping in and out of it. He then threw off the blanket, still in his attire from his day, and then walked to his dresser. He quickly changed, from his nice suit attire, to more relaxed black sweatpants, and grey hoody. He opened his window, and growled, as he jumped out, changing into his wolf form before hitting the ground. He then silently sprinted out of the compound, knowing exactly where everyone would be at.

Alex slowly made his way to the park, and then he heard footsteps, and he crouched in some bushes, to see Rosie sitting on a bench, not ready for her to see his wolf form just yet he changed back into his human form, shaking his head as he finished to clear it up. Alex walked towards Rosie, a soft smile on his face, and when she turned towards him, he suddenly forgot about what had occurred at his house. "Well, we meet again." Alex said, smiling to her, as he walked in front of her, stopping a respectable distance in front of her. "What brings you out so late, you may not have a wolf, but there are plenty of wolf hunters that don't care either way." Alex told her, frowning softly. Three of his pack, three friends and family, had died to wolf hunters in the past few months. "Would you like some company?" Alex asked her, smiling once again.

Rosie was surprised to see Alex here. He warned her about hunters. But they would never hit her since she was human and there was normal humans living in this town. Beside this was neutral ground. No one was allowed to fight here.
"Yeah we meet again..." She agree and then felt sadness hit her chest. Anger bubble up inside her. Why did he had to bring up her condition again. Was there something that made it unclear that she didn't know about it??
Rosie pulled off her hood and stated up at him with an ugly black eyes on her left side.
"Stop fucking tell me that I have no wolf! What makes you believe I don't know?!?" Rosie was chocked over herself. Where did all that anger come from. She never used to be rude. What was wrong with her?! Rosie put it back on and put her hand in her lap..
"I am sorry.... I didn't mean that... Please forgive me."

Alex jumped a little, as she got mad at him for bringing up that she didn't have a wolf. His eyes widened as he saw the black eye. He let out a growl, as he sat down next to her, and looked up at the night sky. "I'm not mad at you, I understand how it feels to be an outsider." Alex said, and then turned to her. He then got an idea, and smiled. "Let's leave." Alex told her, and looked up, smiling.

(Sorry so short, on phone again)

"what? No!" she looked at him. "Why would I do that with you? I don't know you..." Rosie looked out over the water. "Beside there isn't so much I can do until I turn 20. They have the guardian papers on me. I can't do anything without them knowing..." Rosie told him and turned to look at him. "why are you here in middle of the night?"

Alex laughed quietly at her response, and then shook his head. "I know, I know. It was just a question." He told her, and then his eyebrow rose softly as she asked why was he here. "Because of this." Alex told her, and handed her the paper that his father gave him, and sighed softly. "They want me to be an alpha." Alex said, giving a joyless laugh as he closed his eyes. "And I came out here to think, to contemplate my next move." Alex told her, and then stood up, stretching. "But you're right, we can leave until we're 20, so what's the point of even thinking about joining another pack until then?" Alex told her, and then smiled. "But my offer still stands." Alex told her, walking around the bench, facing away from her. "You know where I live." He told her, before transforming into his wolf form, and then running away, leaving her the note from his father.

And then he left. Rosie stood there and felt stupid and shocked. She looked down on the letter in her hands. He was the next one to become an alpha and he didn't want to? Nothing made sense... Rosie let out a sigh. What was she going to do? She was stuck in this hell and it felt like she couldn't breathe. It was going to end her. She looked out over the water and yet she didn't wanna leave that man alone. She had looked at him and she had seen the same sorrow in his eyes that she felt inside herself. Rosie cursed and screamed as loud she could. It was middle of the night. No one would hear her anyway.

Alex made it back to his house within the hour, before climbing through his upstairs window, to find Andrew sitting in his bed. Alex let out a soft growl, before changing back into his human form. "What is it that you want now." Alex asked him, growling, as Andrew stood up, and Alex replaced him on his bed. Andrew just shook his head, and sighed. "Well, I was going to ask were your where, but I can smell it off of you." Andrew said, before opening the door. "I don't know what has been making you act this way, or why your mom has been acting the way she is, but you better stop, before the both of you get hurt." Andrew said, before exiting the bedroom.

Alex just let out a growl, before he began to take off his clothing, all the way down to his boxers, before he turned off the light, and laid down in his bed. It took some time, with Alex just looking up at his ceiling. Until eventually sleep got the better of him, and he fell into a light sleep. His sleep was interrupted throughout the night with waking up to some noises, but never seeing anything, and just dismissed it as his mind playing tricks on him.

Rosie got home and she couldn't do more than to cross the borderline before the she saw the alpha waiting for her there. "Where do you think you are going?"
"Just for walk..."
"We both knows that is not true."
The latter was ripped out of her hand and she got herself a slap over her face. He growled.
"What information have you given him?!" Rosie was asked and first then remembered that his scent was all over her. Rosie's face paled. No matter what she said so would it not be good enough.

Rosie didn't came to school for two weeks and the rumors was that she had went away to visit her grandmother.
But late Sunday night was there some movements in the woods. Angry growling, howling and screams. There was though no attack did the deltas informed their new alpha.

But there was running. Between the trees could they see a girl ran toward them with fear written all over her face. She now and then looked behind her. Her pack was still chasing her. Rosie saw the other boarder there. More and more wolves was gathered there and ready to protect their land if so was needed and she planned to ran right into them.

Alex didn't know what had happened to Rosie, he asked around but for two full weeks it seemed that no one had seen her. Until that night. Night had fallen, the moon was completely gone, the point where werewolves would be at their weakest, so tension was already running high, when suddenly growls, howls, and screams filled the forest air besides Alex's pack. Instantly Alex and his friends who where patrolling ran to the sound, and Alex's eyes widened at the sight of Rosie, bruises and blood covered her.

Rosie ran straight for him, his friends opening up to let her through, and Alex caught her, holding her in his arms, and as fast as they opened, Alex's friends closed around them, all in their wolf forms except for Alex, who stared down the group that was chasing Rosie, growling, along with his nine other friends.

"Help me..." Rosie asked in panic as her alpha stopped just where their lands stop.
Their voices echo in her head to come back and Rosie hide behind Alex, hiding.
"Please help me!"

One of the men turned human so they could talk.
"Hand her over, Alpha. She doesn't belong there."

Oh and how wrong they was...

(sorry are on my phone)

Alex growled softly, as the wolf turned human. He pushed Rosie behind him, frowning softly. Then the man spoke, and Alex let out a soft growl. "I don't believe you should be the one making demands." Alex growled softly. "This is a nuetral zone, and we have free rights to go as we please, and if you attack, that would be a formal declaration of war, with your pack, against two others." Alex told him, a snakes smile creeping over him. "Now leave, and if you have a problem with it, make a complaint, I'm sure someone will get to it as soon as they can." Alex growled to him. He then turned around, facing Rosie, not caring if the other pack left or not. "Are you okay?" He asked her, looking her up and down, checking for serious injuries.

The pack growled more and with a more argue did the leave with a promise they would come back for her. Rosie looked over his shoulder, standing on her toes until Alex turned around. She was calming down a bit but was still in a panic. Rosie looked up at him, tears still falling.
"No, I am not... Or I am... its nothing dangerous." She nodded as if agree with herself. "Can we go inside? I'm freezing."

Alex ignored their retort, and just went about looking at Rosie. He let out a soft sigh as he noted no major damage, just a lot of minor damage. He nodded to her, and took off his jacket, and covered her shoulders with it, letting her wrap up in it. "Alright, let's go." Alex said. Since the act with his mother weeks ago Alex now owned a small house on the outskirts of their territory. He opened the door for her, and then turning to his friends. "Patrol around, send one of you to the alpha, and tell her, no one else, about what has occurred." He told them, before walking into the house, closing the door behind him. "Fill free to eat or drink whatever you want, make yourself at home." Alex said, and then smiled. He then went to his room and picked up the straggling bits of clothes around it, and through it in a closet. He then walked back into the living room. "You can stay as long as you like, you can have my bed." Alex told her, smiling.

She took the jacket he gave her and held it tight. It was a soft exhaled as warmth spred through her. Rosie hurried up to get with him. She couldn't see very well in the dark so she careful took his hand in hers. "I don't wanna get lost." She told him and walked with. They arrived soon two a small, charming house. Alex held the door open for her and Rosie got inside. She took of the jacket and hang it up.
Rosie took a few steps inside. There was a small kitchen, a cozy living room and Alex went into a room that she assumed was his.
"Oh no, I can't do that." She shook her head. "Please, I can use the sofa for tonight. That is more than alright for me."

Back
Top Bottom