Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just a School by the Hill [Tool and Sigr]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
Mamoru Kida adjusted his glasses while looking at the mirror, making sure that he was wearing the uniform properly. His black short hair was neatly arranged, his dark brown eyes looking back at him through the glasses. All in all, his lean physique and normal stature lend him an unassuming look.

His parents worked outside the city, so he had to take care of everything until the weekend. Kida sighed, he was feeling somewhat nervous, even if there was no reason to. It was just the first few days in a new school, the first year of senior high, soon everything will be more or less like it was back in the last year of junior high. He was a good student and a responsible boy, making him class president once more. That didn't earn him many friends, but such things were just distractions.

The school building dominated the view from atop the hill, not specially far from the center of Tokyo where he lived. It was a nice day of April, maybe a tad warm for his taste. Most students went by metro or bicycle, but he could reach the place walking just as easy. It would be lucky being able to attend such a school, if it wasn't for the results of his tests opening the door for him. With effort and hard work, there was no such thing as luck.

Kida sat on his spot in the classroom all the way back, noticing an extra desk next to him. The opening ceremony had just been three days ago, it was pretty irregular for a new student to come having just missed it, so it was bound to be some special circumstances. Kida could see the teacher outside, and as soon as he entered the class, he called the students to rise, bow and sit back, as was part of his duty.

Kida couldn't help but lean forward, curious about the new student. If it was needed, he would be assigned to guide him through the place, so it was another responsibility piled upon him.

bxb2DIh.png

Abigail had walked in a few minutes later after the teacher did his thing. She ran her hand through her black and blue hair and her other hand held onto her laptop. To top of being late her uniform wasn't in regulation at all. Her shirt was untucked and her tie wasn't tied but just hung loosely around her neck. She looked around and slowly walked towards her seat. She looked over at kida after she took a seat and smiled. " Hey! My name is Abigail but you can call me abbi. " she said and adjusted her feet to be in the chair so she was sitting criss cross apple sauce. Her body was fit and curvy. Her breasts, although not very large, we're perky. Her bum was tight and round. She looked over the boy as she waited for his response.

Kida was too baffled to speak as that walking regulation breach sat next to him. It wasn't just the dyed hair, it was how her uniform was all over the place and she sat improperly... Kida noticed that his wandering eyes could be easily misunderstood, and soon returned to her face. "A pleasure, Abigail" he greeted, too surprised to acknowledge calling her with such familiarity as they had just met. "I'm Mamoru Kida, class president. I'll show you the school when this class ends, these first days we have only half the schedule" he explained.

Even if she hadn't said much, Abigail could speak a decent Japanese, even if accented. She seemed American, but Kida didn't know for sure. If she had trouble with the language, his best subject was English, so there would be no issue translating something for her. Kida shuffled a little bit in his straight posture, as her eyes looked curiously, making him nervous.

Abigail smiled at him as he spoke. " I'm just gonna call you Kida. Is that okay? " she asked watching as his eyes shot back up to her face. The fact that he was the class president turned her on more. She liked to push people out of their comfort zones. " So what do you do for fun around here? " she asked. She hated being new to a place because now she had to find where all the fun things happened. After a moment she realized he probably wasn't going to do the things she would find fun but hey might as well see what he likes. Abigail patiently awaited a response and looked around the room. She may not look like it but in reality Abigail is nervous. This place is completely different then the last school she went to in America. The uniform was new to her and the schedule different for sure but what set her off was how serious the other students appeared to be.

"Kida it's fine, I guess" he adjusted his glasses, it wasn't orthodox but being an outsider was just to be expected. She definitely knew the language, so that made things easier and earned a point in his book. "Fun?" it was almost weird how Kida voiced the word, like it was something unknown. "You could join a club, be it sports or otherwise. I'm in the Literature Club, for example" Kida said, noticing by her face that he may have misunderstood the question.

"Oh, outside the school you mean" he said, feeling at a loss. "Well, Akihabara isn't far away from here" Kida continued. "Although is a quite... nerdy place" added, sounding dismissive. It could be weird seeing the lanky spectacled guy in the Literature club talking badly of such a place, but it was true that he always ended up studying at home and many things he knew of his city were second-hand knowledge. "I have personally never been there, but I could guide you so you don't get lost. The Tokyo Metro can get a bit complicated at times" he offered.

It wasn't like he was interested. Or curiosity. No, he was merely being an efficient class president and classmate. Yes. That was it.

Abigail watched as he adjusted his glasses. " Akihabara? What is that? " she asked and readjusted her position. She crossed her legs and patiently waited. She looked around the room " Yea the metro gets a little bit confusing just look at this morning! " she said cheerfully and smiled at his offer to show her around. " Okay so what time do you want to go? And where should I meet you? " she finished and waited for his response.

Kida was surprised at Abigail's forthcoming attitude and most of all, his own. Well, there was nothing wrong of delaying studies for a day, after all the term had barely begun and he would be helping a classmate. Class president duties don't end with school after all, he said to himself.

It seemed that the teacher didn't have anything else to say and was specially lenient given that it was the first day. Kida could fell the eyes on them, the whispers around, sure Abigail was the object of those talks, as there was nothing remarkable about the president helping a classmate.

"Usually we clean after class, but since we aren't on cleaning duty and it's the first day we can go as soon as the teacher lets us" Kida explained. "The rest of the girls will probably come and ask you questions, so I'll be waiting at the entrance" he added, suspecting that some of the girls would want to gossip with the colorful foreigner.

"As for what's Akihabara... well, it's better if you see it yourself when we arrive" Kida finally addressed her first question, but no answer was provided for now.

(I apologize for not responding the past few days I have just been busy with family matters and the holiday )

Abigail nodded as he said they could go right after class. She looked around at all the classmates that were talking about her and sighed. She chuckled when he told her she would have to wait and see. " its gonna be like that, huh? " she teased. She adjusted her position once more and ran her hand through her hair again. She let out a soft sigh as she waited for the teacher to release them.

(no problem, it's the usual thing)

The teacher didn't seem to be eager to stay in class, at least no more than the students, so after some basic routine speeches about being responsible and embarking on their first year of senior high aiming for the future and such, soon let them free. Kida grabbed his student bag and left, mere moments before a handful of girls approached Abigail.

Kida was out of the class before he could hear the questions poured, but he could imagine. Where she was from, what products she used on her hair, if she had a boyfriend... or at least that was what he thought girls talked about, as he didn't have even the most remote of an idea.

Luckily for him, Abigail seemed interested in the tour, as she didn't take long to appear in the entrance. The school wasn't far from the Ueno station, and from there just a couple of stops along the gray Hibiya line separated them from Akihabara station. Kida was explaining all of that to Abigail as they went there, but also had his own questions.

"Where are you from? Isn't common for a new student get into class just after the opening ceremony" he commented. "It doesn't really matter, but I guess I can't help but be a bit curious. You can ask me anything as well" Kida added, trying not only to ease her, as she seemed quite extroverted, but easing himself to deal with her.

Abigail answered all the girls questions before quickly heading to meet kida. " those girls almost ate me alive. " she joked as she approached him. She ran her hands through her hair as she listened to kida explain things. " i'm from America LA to be exact. " she responded to his question. " My mother got tired of taking care of me so she sent me over here to live with my father who got me into the school " she continued only telling the partial truth of why she was sent here.

Kida thought that her father had to be someone with a degree of leverage for her to be accepted just like that, but didn't question her further, she had revealed enough on her first day. Most of their classmates would close themselves before such a question, but she sure didn't seem that reserved.

The announcer of the metro repeated the name of the next station, Akihabara. "This is ours" Kida instructed, passing through the several rooms of the notoriously big station. Its closest exit gave way to a sizeable plaza, and all around it and in the streets beyond, one soon got bombarded with the atmosphere of the place.

"Welcome to Akihabara, or Akiba for shorts" Kida said. "A bunch of streets of what once was and sometimes still is the electronic district, but mostly known for being an otaku paradise" he continued. The place showed a higher density of tourists than other places, the buildings were full of billboards of anime and videogames, music and screens were everywhere, and girls in various costumes handed out flyers of the maid cafes they worked on. "This place is in general choke full of any kind of anime and manga things, buildings full of arcade machines from top to bottom, karaoke booths and who knows what else" he explained, covering the basics of a place he didn't really know very well. "Anything you'd like?" asked, not knowing what Abigail was into. Maybe the colored hair was a signifier of being a hardcore otaku, but that was just him being judgmental, as he knew mostly nothing about her tastes.

Sample Pic:
adwVABe.jpg

" this place is weaboo heaven! " Abigail chuckled as she looked around. Before long she turned back to kida " I am mostly into music! I tend to be very open when it comes to the genre but tend to listen to rock the most " she explained. "I also play bass guitar if you wanna stop by and listen someday we could do that " she offered after a moment still yakking in the environment. She found it amazing that a place like this existed.

Kida tilted his head, not fully comprehending what Abigail was talking about, but it sounded like an American term for Otaku, so she wasn't wrong. "Oh, that's nice" Kida said, hearing that she played bass. "I play the piano myself, it's not the same but..." he added, unsure where he was going with that.

"Music then, rock music... oh, of course!" he got an idea. "There is a crazy huge building just here, the Yodobashi Akiba" Kida said, guiding Abigail. "It has nine floors of electronics, and if I'm not mistaken a Tower Records shop in one of them" he explained. The building was indeed crazy huge with varied articles in each floor and according to the signs, the Tower Records shop on the seventh floor.

nQizi0B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom