Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Space Gem [Kovaks/Peridot]

Kovaks

Planetoid
"Come on men, get everything packed up! We are about ready to set out!" Captain Swain shouted from the main deck as his crew bustled about, loading the ship up with supplies. They had just traded and sold all the valuables they collected from their last trip, which had been quite a success. The Black Heart was a ship that operated under the credentials of a scavenger, basically on paper it was marked as a junker or a scrapper that searched space for parts to salvage and sell.

What many people did not though is that Captain Swain made most of his wealth by making deals under the table. He would take payment to take out certain targets for the right price, or he would target a ship specifically for the valuable parts inside it. Basically instead of searching for wrecks to scavenge, they just turned traveling space crafts into scrap themselves. It was a dirty business, but very profitable. It was cunning and Swain had managed to avoid detection so far. Most pirates were caught because they did not blend into the system. On paper, Swain and the Black Heart were licensed and legal. He just had some damn good people on his payroll that could move money and illegal dealings around without stirring up too much information.

Once his crew, whom were made up of mostly bounty hunters and ex-cons, were finished the doors sealed and the engines started. The Black Heart left Earth's space port and started it's voyage into the depths of space once again, hoping to take advantage of another target. "Run a head count and an inventory check." Swain commanded to the crew members whom were piloting and running systems checks. "Make sure everything is accounted for." He could care less if someone was left behind, it was there own problem for being late. What he cared about more was accidentally leaving behind some cargo. Docking at the Earth station for too long was already risky, the last thing he needed was to have some of the station officers poking around his business.

"Come on Men, get everything packed up! We are about to set out!" Hazel could hear someone shout but it was muffled. She was holding her knees as she hid in one of the cargo crates being carried aboard, she had heard from the local tavern that the ship was a scavenger / salvage ship. Hazel had hoped that by stowing away on a Scavenger that she could convince the captain to allow her to stay aboard. The crate rocked as they entered the vessel before it was set down with the rest of the cargo with Hazel waiting inside.

The teen girl clung to her knees as she waited in the crate. Hazel had boarded the ship with only the intention to get off this station, it wasn't that she was running from anything she just had been here most of her life and it was time for a change. She was hoping this would be it. Time passed before the dark haired girl peeked out of the crate, she was sure they had finished loading them all, looking around she crawled out of her crate just as the cargo bay doors slid open. Hazel stood at a rather diminutive height of 4'8" and there she was grinning sheepishly at the 6"1' Bald man who had entered the room.

The first thing Hazel noticed was the scars, the second was the gun pointed at her. "Uhm... Hello?" She asked backing away from the gun to the crate. "What'r yu doin' aboard?" The man growled looking Hazel up and down as if appraising the girl. "Capt'n will want to hear 'bout this" He growled again "Come wiv me" He nodded to the door and Hazel walked through into the hallways before being pointed in a direction. The scared man would shove the dark-haired girl whenever she slowed down so she kept a good pace ahead of him "This isn't a salvage vessel is it...?" She squeaked softly as they marched by the armed and dangerous men, each giving the girl a sneering look up and down "Nup" Replied her captor. They traveled through the vessel until they reached a door, knocking at it the second in command stood at attention while waiting for Captain Swain "Capt'n we hava stowway" He spoke loudly through the door.

Hazel was frozen with fear as she waited for the man that lead the rough looking bunch of pirates.

Swain rolled his eyes when he heard Fulger's grumbling voice. There was a hint of irritation both in his expression and voice. "Why are you wasting my time? You know what we do with stowaways on this ship." The Captain said without even turning to look. While his crew provided great labor and were easy for him to manipulate, most of them were as dumb as a rock. It was annoying when most of them had to ask for his opinion and approval about every little detail. Most of them already knew his rules and methods, but very few were able to take initiative other than some of his high ranking officers.

"Can we 'least have lil' fun wit her?" Fulger asked, sounded a bit disappointed. That's when Swain turned around to see the girl and his stern face softened slightly. He was surprised to see it was a young, cute female. Walking toward them, the Captain was shirtless as usualy, showing off his lithe but well toned torso that was marked with scars and tattoos. He wore a pair of dark pants held up by a leather belt with a gold clip. On his waist he had his gun. His heavy boots clanked on the metal flooring of the ship as he eyed the girl up and down.

"I suppose it would be a waste if we just tossed her off the ship, she isn't like the rest of the smuggling filth." Swain reached out and stroked her cheek, though his eyes flickered to Fulger whom seemed to be getting anxious and impatient. Obviously he wanted to have some fun with the crew.

"You know I was just starting to think I needed someone to keep me company on this trip, these voyages can be so dull and boring at times." Flicking his eyes from Fulger to the young girl, he gave her a devious smirk. "It's your choice, love. Either you can join my in my quarters for a little chat, or I let Fulger here drag you off to the barracks so you can entertain my men until they work out all of their pent up stress and frustrations."

Hazel met with the captain, far sooner than she intended, of the ship. Fulger let go of her wrist and she slunk away from the two men while the captain put his offer on the table, purple eyes widening in fear as he threatened to hand her over to Fulger and let his men use her to relieve their frustration and stress. She gulped down gently wondering what kind of Vessel ran with such a motley crew and treated stowaways with such disdain "W.. when you put it like that" she finally answered sheepishly grinning at the captain "Maybe I can... be a companion to you until you reach your next port?" She offered back, despite what she thought about the crew she thought that the Captain might give the poor girl a little leeway.

Fulger looked at the Captain hoping the man would reject the girls offer and toss the pretty prize to the crew but it seemed like that would not be happening. The big scarred man left the room at the captain's behest instead, leaving Hazel and Swain alone. "You aren't a salvage vessel" Hazel stated into the minute long silence that followed, she was used to being stared at by men having hung around most of the ports taverns. The young girl thought she knew how to handle men that lusted after her body like Swain but she was about to learn that plans did not always work out the way they were intended. "Merchant? Military? Transporter? Mercenaries?" She asked each one as she walked around the room, looking at various objects before she turned to look at Swain "Pirates?" she asked again waiting for an answer.

Back
Top Bottom