Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Discovery [StarMech and Sigr]

Sigr

Magenta Goon
Small drops of sweat shined upon Alex's dark skin. His irregular gasps where the only sound that echoed in that cave. What little light got in there from the small hole made his white hair shine. What were those green skinned creatures? He never saw anything like that, but then again, most things were new to him. Raised alone by his father, Alex had grown up apart from anyone else that may dwell in the world, since as his father always said, things were dangerous beyond their home.

"You were right, father" he grunted, getting up. Alex had abandoned the lighthouse where he had lived his entire life. There was no reason to stay there, now that his father was dead of an old injury. In the end, whatever the origin of the wound was, the tale died with him since he well knew how much stories from the outside interested Alex. It seemed to be that such outside was plagued by some kind of little green people that were bent on killing him. Not too powerful it seemed, but many in number. That made Alex run, get lost and fall through a hole.

Alex picked a tool from one of his pockets, a small white tube with metal on both ends. After shaking it, the tube enlightened the room, allowing him to clearly see his surroundings. The hole he fell through was too high to reach, but the cave seemed to brach in several passages around, so it could be another exit. Alex soon started to move more carefully, as the natural cave made of rock gave way to some kind of underground passages made of metal.

Everything seemed abandoned and old, as many things in this world, and Alex couldn't make sense of the markings here and there, written on a language long forgotten. The need to find an exit kept him going on until he found something that he wasn't looking for. Behind a beaten metal door was an old room, something similar to a bedroom with its bed, but what was more surprising was the figure in lying there.

For a moment Alex thought it was person who was sleeping there, but as curiosity got the worst of him and approached, he knew that he was wrong, at least in part. The person there had white hair too, even if longer than his own, but there seemed to end the points in common. The figure was taller than him, and more slender in some parts, meatier in others and in general quite weird. To complicate matters more, part of her abdomen was... open, revealing that she was really a machine that resembled a human, and not really a person like him.

Alex had seen his share of machines in his father's lighthouse, and some quite complicated to fix, but none as complex as that. Even then, he had a gift to repair those things and tools to do it, so... where was the harm in trying? After a couple hours there were still things about the inner workings of the figure that he didn't understand, but the damage was simple enough to be easily repaired. Could the machine speak? It had a mouth after all, but maybe was for show. If it spoke, Alex could ask it about the exit.

Sitting on the bed next to the figure, Alex waited for the starting process, and knew that he had made a good job when the figure opened the eyes.

The humanoid machine opened her eyes...or rather her eye; The other entirely covered by a series of old torn off rags, acting as bandages. Her hair long and of a silvery white and her visible eye an emerald green. Her body, with the exception of a few minor scratches, appeared to be in perfect state; Her soft and of a healthy shade of pin, it could have easily been mistaken for a real human. A strange and slightly dusted red and black outfit she wore, which did little to hide the curvy body she possessed: Wide hips, shapely legs and a decently big and soft bust.

She looked silently at her surroundings, seemingly disoriented. Did she knew where she was? It was then when she locked sights with Alex, staring at him for what felt like minutes.

However, the quiet meeting was abrupt; As the loud banging on the closed door became more and more powerful, until breaking it down. The green imp-like creatures, all emitting a glow from their strange tribal markings, cackled and yipped as they now had an open way to the young boy. The charged all at ones, ready to harm, but suddenly were suddenly stopped by the mysterious android, who was now off the bed and staring at them with a cold stare and heartless stare; Her eyes even shifting to a bright red.

Her thigh revealed some kind of hatch like mechanism as a thin blade sprouted out. She picked up the sword and sliced at one of the creatures, cutting it in half before it disappeared in an explosion of green particles.

Her moves were swift and fast, rushing to each one of them and slicing them into nothingness. In one quick swoop, the monsters were no more.

The blade was placed back inside her thigh compartment before her eye shifted back to normal and she fell to her knees in exhaustion.

"I..." Alex mumbled when the machine started working, staring at him. That was no machine. Well, it sure was, Alex had just fixed it, but that look... could something, someone be a machine and a person at the same time? That was why it's shape was weirdly enticing? Alex didn't know, father never explained and he was just lost in that green eye.

The loud hail of his chasers snapped Alex out of it. The creatures had followed him there, and if they were as many in number as before he would be in trouble. He had left the bow in a corner to have his hands free to work, and it wasn't so useful in that enclosed space. They were going to hurt him, they were going to destroy the machine.

His worries came to a halt, as the machine seemingly revealed its purpose and tore through the strange creatures. There was a strange beauty to it, Alex's trained eyes could see the efficiency, not a single move was wasted, not a single strike was in vain. Whatever source of energy it was running on lasted just enough to kill the invaders, and Alex couldn't help but wonder if he could be on the list as well. No, it didn't make sense, if he was a target for the machine he'd have been the first to fall, since he was just right by it.

Questions piled on Alex's mind but he had no way to get any answers, but his inquisitive nature wouldn't let him give up. "Come on" he muttered for himself, crouching besides the machine. He was smaller than her, but a life of training and survival didn't make him just smart, he was also deceptively strong. Alex just lifted the machine in his arms, muscles tense, making sure that he carried it properly and walked back towards the bed. "An issue with energy supply, maybe the startup took a lot..." he kept mumbling to himself, trying to leave the machine on the bed so he could get a look at it.

The mechanical girl lied in her bed for a few seconds before standing up again. By the looks of it, her energies had returned after the sudden outburst she previously experienced.

She once again stared at Alex with a curious eye. Silence enveloping the room for what it felt like a whole minute.

Suddenly, she finally started moving her lips. "Who...are you?" She asked. Her voice soft.

Her hand leaned towards him, softly caressing it across his face, like if learning the sense of touch.

"Where...am I?"

((Also I'm thinking the eyepatch of the reference image for her may come later as a gift from him so she won't have to have those dirty bandages))

Alex tensed when the machine focused on him again. He didn't even flinch, not really thinking that it was going to attack him, but he didn't want to take the risk in any case. Before the tension was too much to handle, Alex looked wide eyed, since the machine could indeed speak like a human. A disoriented human, but even that was a surprise. The soft voice coming from the lips was nothing like his own.

"I'm Alex. I found you here and fixed a trouble or two" he said, still baffled. "I haven't taken a look to that eye yet-" his talking interrupted as she caressed his face. That soft touch from the hand of such capable warrior was disorienting, and if he hadn't fixed it, Alex would have trouble believing that the person in front of him was a machine, even if it was weird looking. Then he realized, could it be that the machine was a woman machine? Was the one in front of him a she and not an it?

What Alex knew about women could fit in a very short note. The only other person he had met was his father, and he rarely, if ever, talked about Alex's mother and women in general. It was like he had resigned to that little corner of the world, stuck with his son there.

Alex took one of his own hands to the one it, she, had on his face. The touch was indistinguishable from real skin, the warmth completely real. His hand traced a road from her hand to her elbow. "I can't believe it, and yet you are in front of me" mumbled. As for the answers he could hope for, it seemed that he was out of luck, since everything she had were more questions.

"I don't know where we are. Running from those things I fell through a hole in the ceiling of a cave" he took his hands away from her, making a gesture to illustrate the point. "I ended on a cave, the hole was too far, so I walked and found this place with you in it. I fixed you and... well, you should know more about this place than I do" he shrugged.

The machine young woman stared around once more. Alex could tell in the way she looked just as unfamiliar as he was. "I don't..." She muttered, clearly not having any memories of her being preserved here. Were her memories damaged? Possibly after so much time in stasis? Nobody could tell for sure.

She continued to survey the room until noticing a crack upon the ceiling.

"An exit..."

Standing upon her bed she aimed the palm of her hand towards the crack; A glowing orb of blue energy manifesting upon her palm as her eye color shifted to the vary same tone. She the shot it straight at the rupture, opening a hole with a loud boom.

Without saying another word, and her eye color returning to normal once more, she extended her hand to Alex, to lead her through the make-shift exit...

Alex frowned, wondering what kind of wondrous creature he had in front of him. She didn't seem to remember much, maybe the rough awakening was affecting her or some more complex malfunction that he couldn't seem to detect in such a short time. But his frown was caused for something beyond that memory issue. It was clear that she was a machine, but as she touched him, as she spoke... Alex had trouble thinking of her as anything else that wasn't a person.

Then again, as she produced some kind of energy emission out of her hand to find the straightest solution to their exit problem, Alex was remained of what she was once more. "I guess that sorts it" Alex said. Quickly making a rope out of the old but sturdy bedsheets, he lassoed it around a protruding piece of rubble up top so they could climb there. Alex made sure with a couple of strong pulls that it could hold, and turned to her. "Lets get out of here..." he doubted as he took her hand. "I... do you have a name?" he wondered, before helping her climb to get out of there.

It was still sunny outside, but as the evening sun filtered red through the overgrown forest, it wouldn't take long before it was too dark to travel. They didn't emerge too far from where he fell, but it seemed that there was no trace of more green imps, at least for now. Old ruins scattered around, but most of it was just rubble. There was a river in a valley not too far, that Alex knew that it ended near his home, a week of travel down the river. Maybe they could find something, someone following the river up its course, but who knew what they could find along that trip.

"Are you hungry? I have some rations and I can hunt..." Alex asked her, wondering if she even ate. "We can camp here if you are tired after all that or walk the light we have left and do it close to the river" he proposed. "If you like fish I could cook some there" he kept talking, wondering if she was fine. Sure, being asleep for who knew how long could disturb anyone, but he didn't know how it could affect her.

The woman stood silent despite his question. She had trouble recalling just as much as everything else. Simply, he followed once she took his hand and into the surface.

She let Alex's hand go as soon as she took it, but not out of disrespect. Her eyes locked upon the vegetation around them, watching in awe at the nature that overtook the ruins and rubble. The soft breeze that brushed against her hair, the faint yet serene sound of the river that could be heard from here, and the cute chirp of passing birds that had taken rest upon the destroyed architecture after the disappearance of the monsters. It looked like this was the first time she had seen this in person.

She gave a soft gasp, almost inaudible before kneeling near a rock. A tiny blue flower grew near it and she stared at it for a few seconds. Extending her hand at it, she softly brushed her fingertips against its petals; Almost like caressing them.

She then stopped and stood back up, looking at the young white-haired lad. "My name..."

Closing her eyes, it was like a spark inside her head, a memory recalled back.

"...Alyssa."

She then gave a nod, accepting his offer for camping and food.

Getting out of that place felt good for Alex, but the outside sure impressed her. Despite her height and what she could do, the girl seemed almost childish as she wandered around, making Alex unsure if she could hear him talk. She finally not only agreed to camping there and getting a rest, but also told Alex her name.

"Alyssa" Alex voiced it with a nod. "It's a beautiful name. Now, wait a moment and I'll gather some firewood and see if there is something else to eat besides rations" he said, unsure about how far could he wander without alarming Alyssa. She was so powerful and yet seemed so lost, something wasn't well with her, but maybe it would get better with time like a human, Alex didn't really know.

The overgrown area was dense with vegetation, but also bountiful in nature and Alex was an expert on survival. Soon enough he returned to the camp with a small bag of berries and mushroom, a sizeable stack of firewood and luckily enough, a rabbit stuck with one of his arrows. Between the books in the lighthouse where he lived and his father's teachings, Alex could easily tell apart the good berries and mushrooms from the bad ones, so there was no danger. Maybe the further away from home he got it would get harder, but that was what he wanted, right? See what else was out there.

As he started unpacking his backpack and many smaller pockets, Alex produced a small deep skillet and some tools and knives. After a try or two, the campfire was roaring on, casting shadows around them. With expert moves soon the rabbit was skinned and cleaned, chopped into pieces and cooking with the berries and mushrooms over the flames.

"It'll soon be ready, Alyssa" he said, getting accustomed to the name. She seemed to regard everything with curiosity and interest, an endearing attitude even if it was a bit frustrating that she didn't speak a bit more. Was it some mechanical trouble, or was she just shy? Could she be shy? Alex didn't know, but he wanted her to share, after all it was the first human he had met besides his father.

Alex smiled to the notion. She certainly was something, making him think about her being human without a second thought. Soon the dinner was ready, and Alex took the food and sat besides Alyssa. "It's fine, but still hot" he said, taking a spoonful of it, blowing on it and tasting his recipe. It could be wrong of him, but it was some fine cooking considering the environment. "I don't even know if you eat" he realized. "Here, try it" Alex gave her a plateful with a spoon.

Alyssa wasn't sure either, looking at the piece of meat curiously. "I'm going to try." She said firmly before taking a bite at it. A pause soon followed, her just munching and chewing her food before swallowing.

She simply blinked before speaking once more, "I don't seem to need it...but I still can." With that she started to continue eating at the piece of meat, showing some enjoyment out of it.

As it looked like and the way she described it, her body did not need to sustain on normal food, but she was still perfectly able to ingest it and consume its nutrients at her own choice. And by the way she went at it, it looked like she greatly enjoyed Alex's cooking.

"Can I have more?" She asked. She appeared to be opening up more towards him, speaking more frequently.

Alyssa's face seemed to brighten as she tried eating the food Alex made. "Of course you can, there is food to spare" Alex answered, serving her more. He ate paying more attention to her enjoyment than to his own plate, and smiled seeing her talking and being friendlier. Then he noticed, there was something about Alyssa being more open, her bright eye... Alex felt warm, pleased. Now that he was closer and not focused on any task but having a good time, his eyes wandered over her figure. She certainly wasn't anything like father or himself, and there was something there that made him feel agitated, excited.

"It's amazing to finally meet someone else" Alex said, getting his eyes back on Alyssa's face, chalking his restlessness to having found someone friendly for the first time. They were finishing the meal, so he felt eager to fill the silence. "I want to travel and find many places, see what else is out there. I've lived in a very small world until now" he said. "What do you want? Is there somewhere you want to go? Something you want to do? I'd like to travel with you, to help you, but if you have other plans..." it showed that he didn't have anyone to talk with since his father died, and even if he didn't want to let go of the first meeting he had, Alex wasn't going to drag her along if she didn't want to.

She gladly continued eating, silent except for a few sounds of delight over the food. It really looked like this was entirely a new experience for her.

"You...are alone?" Alyssa stopped her feast and asked at Alex's mention of finally seeing someone else.

She seemed concerned, despite her not realising it or understanding it. She simply looked at him and moved close before giving a courteous bow and closing her eyes.

"I, do not have an objective...." She said with a serious look, "...do you?"

She took a pause before giving a firm frown, "You activated me. As such, I am to follow your need. I'll assist you in what you desire."

((BTW, Happy Holidays))

(happy holidays!)

"Yeah, I've always lived secluded with my father" he answered. "It was fine, but he passed and now I want to see more, live more" Alex added. It seemed that Alyssa didn't have a task, a long term desire. Well, Alex himself didn't have it clear either, but he knew he wanted to travel, he wanted to see what else was out there.

Hearing Alyssa speak started to bother him a little bit. He could almost forget she was a machine most of the time, but then she started to speak like some kind of slave. "I'm glad that you have a purpose, but with time you should find a..." Alex doubted, was a machine, even one like her, be capable of egoist desire? Or pursuing an objective of her own?

"Don't know, some kind of wish of your own, finding what you want to do, who you want to be. People change with time, you should too" Alex said. He wasn't sure Alyssa could understand his half baked idea, or even if she was capable to follow it, but he had to say it.

"I'll enjoy your company in the meantime" Alex said, setting complicated ideas aside, he really liked having someone to travel with, specially if she was that interesting. His smile was wide and bright, no second thoughts on the honest boy. A yawn made him realize, they have been through an eventful day to say the least, and if they were up to travel fist thing in the morning they should go to sleep.

"I don't know if you sleep, but I'm needing it" Alex admitted, cleaning up the trinkets used for dinner and getting a blanket out of a backpack. "I have just one, but we can be together, that way it will be warmer" he said, feeling strangely awkward. Why did the idea of sleeping with Alyssa seem so enticing all of a sudden?

"I do need to shut down and recharge energy. Which I guess is a way to sleep too.."

She moves closer to him, curious when he took the blanket and offered it to share. "I do not require it, but it does seem...fun."

With that, she enveloped in the blanked alongside him. She was surprisingly warm, but what really caught Alex's attention was the moment when her lean figure snuggled with his. Her clothes were already very thin so he was easily able to feel the curvatures of her body against him; Her big, round and soft breast pressed against his back, rubbing themselves softly as she adjusted herself, sending a strange feeling to cross through the boy's body and mind.

Alex was startled when Alyssa got so close, it was a new feeling, her soft warm body pushed against him. "It's nice" he mumbled as it felt somehow exciting, but Alex have been traveling all day before running away from the creatures and ending in the cave, so he was pretty tired. Soon enough he had found a comfortable posture, Alyssa's body making him feel safe, not having to sleep alone in the wild and he fell asleep.

The next day caught Alex by surprise, even if it was still soon in the morning, Alex had woken up later than he used to with the first rays of the sun, but he slept safe and sound. The hour of the day wasn't the only surprise though, as now that he wasn't tired nor dozing off, he was perfectly aware of his surroundings. During the night they must have shuffled around, and now his face was practically buried between Alyssa's tender breasts. The warmth of her body enveloped him, and despite her condition she had a natural sort of smell that was pleasant, familiar. Alex noticed that one of his hands was resting on her naked thigh, directly feeling her smooth skin.

It was too much to handle, and his lower half agreed so. Alex felt embarrassed, he didn't want Alyssa to see him like that, to see him in a state even he didn't fully understand. What Alex did know was that there only existed one way of getting rid of it. Alyssa seemed still asleep, or what her way of sleeping was, so he slowly and carefully peeled himself away, removing his presence from under the blanket without her noticing, or so he thought. He didn't go far from camp, in case Alyssa woke up startled at his absence, and going behind a tree he leaned against it. His shorts quickly came undone, falling to the ground, revealing the source of his shame.

Alex's sizeable penis was hard, throbbing upwards against his belly, hiding a good part of what little pubic white hair he had. The tip glistened wet, smearing his abdomen as it oozed, and the foreskin was stretched around the glans. His balls dangled below, twitching like an echo to the shaft's pulse.

Without a second thought, Alex grabbed himself. Eager. Inexperienced. Clumsy. Forceful strokes chasing a pleasure he didn't understand, wanting to relieve his shame, his inadequacy. His mind ran wild, the perfume of Alyssa's soft breasts lingering around, his busy hand still remembering the touch of her thigh. It was over as suddenly as it started, a breathless grunt the only sound that echoed, as he spilled his seed along the ground in front of him. Calmed down and clean, he fixed his disheveled clothes and came back to the camp, finding Alyssa awake.

Alex felt worried, had she seen something? Did she follow him? But the worst of it was the guilt. Alex had been doing something he perceived as shameful thinking of her body, her touch, when Alyssa had been gentle with him all along. "Good morning, I didn't find anything new to eat, but we still have a few berries from last night and we can have that before moving on if you want" Alex said, trying to show that nothing odd happened, talking too much without being aware what Alyssa knew, if she had seen him.

Alyssa was sat on her knees, simply staring at the air until Alex arrived, turning her head t face him and giving him a glad smile. "Good Morning..."

Whatever she had seen him or not was anyone's guess, as anything regarding that topic was not spoken by the automaton. She good up and picked up the blanket; Quickly folding it until it became a well pressed square, easy to carry among their belongings."I can detect you had a nourishing good sleep. You seem to show energy..."

She took a pause before continuing, "We should move. I have noticing increase of animal activity, which may attract incoming monster groups to eat."

As she walked around, trying to dismantle any sings of their camping, it was hard to not look at her curvaceous body amongst the morning sunshine. Her hair shining almost like silver.

However, the peaceful sight was tarnished by a looming shadow above them. The robotic woman stared up as a huge flying vessel positioned above the plains.

"...What is that...?" She asked oblivious.

Smaller vessels seemed to be detaching from the bigger ship, heading to parts of the plains. Something about this gave Alex a bad feeling; The Crossbones-like symbol painted upon the vessel's haul did not sooth these bad gut feeling in the slightest.

The sound of eager laughter and weapons being set shattered the silence. Figures starting to monitor the area, possibly looking for valuables as well as people to harm for said valuables.

These pirate-like figures were completely covered in rags and hoogs, wearing brown gas masks and black goggles. In their hands a variety of weapons; Daggers, swords, guns. Their mere prescense seemed not-friendly. They had to move now.

Alex felt relieved but yet ashamed when Alyssa didn't seem to notice anything, but yet he was astonished by how perceptive she was. "Yeah, sleeping with you was comforting" he admitted, scratching the back of his head. Alyssa had a good idea by hurrying up dismantling the camp, she certainly was more talkative and aware of her surroundings now that she hadn't been woken from... who knew how long a sleep.

Even with the hurry, picking up between the two of them wasn't only quicker, but more entertaining. Alex was mindful of Alyssa's beauty in the morning sun, trying to not ogle too much, he felt that wasn't right. The idyllic moment broke as a huge ship cast shadow upon them. Alex had seen the remains of things like that near his lighthouse, but he thought that they were to sail the seas as a fish, not soar the sky like a bird.

"I don't know..." Alex admitted, when Alyssa asked him who they were. A hunch told him that they were up to no good, and soon the outlook and the weapons turned that hunch into a reality. They could face a small group of them, but they were many small vessels like the closest one, and the huge barge above them.

"Maybe we can flee. Down to the river valley? Upwards to the mountains? Or maybe we can hide back on the ruins below?" Alex didn't know, and their lives could depend on that choice. Alyssa has proven to have finer senses than his own, so she could probably see through the better option.

"I...don't know. Although moving into the rushing would not be wise, as we would be easily cornered." Alyssa responded. She could not speak more as a group of these raiders seemed to be approaching. Quickly, she grabbed the young man's hand and started running away down the river.

"Remember, we must take any artefacts we find along the way; If you find The Chamber, you signal right away. And if you find any explorers you take them out!" Shouted one of them. "Take no prisoners!!"

The situation was dire. If they were found, they were as good as dead. As much as they ran they could heard their stepped coming in. Even Alyssa seemed distressed. They made a turn, and another turn and another...

Despite it they never stopped seeing more of these mysterious and dangerous-looking individuals. To make matters worse, the figure of one of this people was coming closer and closer. Did it see them? Was it tracking them down? They could't tell for sure, but they couldn't run away from them forever.

Alyssa moved in front of Alex, pissing her hand in front of him. If they were going to be found eventually, she was going to fight...

That is, at least, until a voice whispered into Alex's ear...

"Pssst. Hey you"

"Hey kid, over here!"

A figure peeked through behind a big boulder. A hand waving at them, motioning them to follow.

"You wanna get killed by those Sky Pirates? Follow me, I can take you away of them..."

Alyssa took his hand and Alex started to run with her to the river. He overheard talking about a chamber, about artifacts. Did they knew that such a cave was there? Wouldn't be they looking for her? Even without the no prisoners shout, Alex wouldn't give up if that meant surrendering Alyssa to those people. Why were they so mean? Didn't they have enough?

It wasn't the moment to second guess the motives of the people tasked to kill them, as they were about to be pushed into a corner. If everything went wrong, they were ready for a fight, even one that could be hard to win. Alex was about to ready bow and arrow to take a human life for the first time when a voice called out to them.

He couldn't see the figure behind the boulder, and it could be a trap, even if it was a weird one, but they didn't have many choices to pick from. Either they trusted the unknown voice or they fought. They killed. And maybe, they died.

This time it was Alex who took Alyssa's hand and got them both towards the voice beyond the boulder. Fighting was always the last resource, they could give this mysterious voice a chance.

The two chose to follow the voice down a secluded path. As they continued they could see a figure guiding them to a mass gathering of leaves, branches and grass covering a big structure.

"Over here!" Said the mysterious individual, motion them to come forth with his hand. The structure had an opening with a iron ramp for them to get into. While she still held on Alex's hand, Alyssa rushed to the inside of the structure to find some kind of hangar.

The door behind them close and they were suddenly thrown off their balance by a powerful shaking. It violently move back and forth until the robotic woman slipped and fell on top of Alex; Her soft and busty chest once again ending pressed against his face.

It was the structure! It was a ship!! The vessel lifted from the ground as the leaves and branches that covered it fell down. In a matter of a minute, they were airborne. The thrusters activated and the plains were being left behind.

"Heh, am I interrupting something?"

The mysterious figure approached the two, chuckling at their compromising position. The lights of the hangar finally revealing his form. A tall man of muscular build with spiky black hair and a ponytail.

"I mean, you're probably happy to be alive so if you're going to have some celebratory screwin', don't let me stop you." He said with a grin.

Wherever they had ended, it was obvious that not only it belonged on somewhere manmade, but also moved. Disoriented and dizzy, Alex fell on his ass and seemingly dragged Alyssa with him, ending with her softest parts on his face, drowning in the aroma. The tension of the moment prevented Alex of really enjoying it, but between her presence and the shakes he had trouble getting up.

"I... what? We... thank you?" Alex managed to talk, once he escaped from the tender embrace he ended in. He didn't understand what he meant with the 'screwin' part but that seemed to lose importance compared with the situation. "Where are we? What's this? Who were those? Who are you?" Alex blurted, standing up. He helped Alyssa get up, but also was leaning on her a little bit, as the surface still seemed unstable. "Sorry" he apologized, realizing that the barrage of questions was too much. "I'm grateful about this... escape, but I hardly know anything about the situation, just want to know that we are safe" he explained, looking at Alyssa with care.

"Well, we just moved up the clouds and nobody has been shooting at us, so I'd say we are safe. I'm assuming you never been up here in the sky, huh?" The mysterious man said with a smile.

Seeing the confused expressions of Alex and Alyssa, he gave a sigh before continuing speak, "Right right. I should introduce first. The name's Leon. I'm an explorer and salvager. Descend down to ruins to get valuables and sell it to a high prize."

He then looked at Alyssa with a smile, eyeing her up and down. "And speaking of valuables. You sure have a very fancy girlfriend right there. Not many would even recognize she is an android, but I have an eye for these things. Impressive."

Alyssa frowned, getting a bit defensive which made the man just wave his hand. "Wait wait, no worried. Didn't meant to imply I'm selling you or anything. I'm just pointing out you don't look like the usual android."

Leon continued, "Anyways, those down there were Sky Pirates. The Obsidian Bone gang I believe. Those guys are ruthless, taking ancient artifacts for who knows what by all means necessary, even destruction and murder. So try to stay away of those creeps, okay?"

"So, who are these two pretty faces that I just saved, hm? I introduced myself now it's your turn."

Alex stood protective between Leon and Alyssa, more as a reflex than a thoughtful reaction against anything Leon had said. After all, he had saved them both and was explaining the situation.

"I'm Alex" he introduced himself. Alex thought of introducing Alyssa as well, but that would only reinforce the idea that she was an object belonging to him, what made him feel wrong. "Once again, thank you" he nodded. Did Leon just call them pretty? That was a weird custom, but what did he know.

Leon seemed quite the opposite from Alex in almost everything. It was instantly apparent in his height, hair and clothes, but the most important differences weren't those. He seemed to know a lot about the world, while Alex knew nothing, and the way he conducted himself with exuded self-confidence, where Alex tended to be more cautious.

"You did say that we were flying?" Alex asked, unable to resist the curiosity despite feeling a bit intimidated by Leon.

Leon smiled at the sudden interest of the boy. "How about we take a look? Follow me."

With that the tall man guided the two to the outer side of the ship, conveniently protected by a railing so they could admire the sight in front of them.

A majestic sea of clouds, extending into the far reached to the horizon. The skies showing a beautiful clean blue color while the sun shined through. The soft breeze blowing through their face and hair and a couple of birds and small wyverns creatures soared in and out of the cloudy mass below.

"Woah..." Alyssa said as she looked with a child-like wonder. Clearly she had been in the underground too long, so a image like this was simply out of this world for her.

"Welcome to the Azuria" Leon said proudly, "Not the greatest of ships, but it's my little jewel. And don't worry, I have it in autopilot given we are in a safe area."

"So, you wanna see more?"

Alyssa nodded excited. Soon enough, Leon showed them the different areas of the ship. The mess hall, the bathroom, the storeroom, the weapon's room, and multiple bedrooms (4 to be exact), the control room, etc. It wasn't a very big ship so everything went quickly. Also, it showed a bit of Leon's lifestyle with all the many items and treasures that were just laying on the floor or in corners or simply mounted in the walls.

"I'm not one for tidiness, I admit. But everything is clean, at least. Say can you give me a sec?"

With that the man headed to a pile of objects as he searched for a particular piece, "How about a gift in good faith, robot girl? Those bandages on your face seem a bit old and dirty, but I think you cover yourself for a reason so...aha!"

With that she took out a black eyepatch, which he then help her put on; Throwing the bandages aside, both of them could see the scar that went across her eye, as well as the purple eye that seemed different from her other green one. It also seemed to not respond like the other, meaning it was damaged.

"There we go." Leon said as the eyepatch now covered that broken eye. "Looking good."

Alyssa smiled and turned to Alex, "...Do I look good?"

"..." Alex looked around in awe. It was mere weeks that he abandoned his small home and now he was flying in a ship with Alyssa. "Here! Look at them! Never seen a wyvern but in books!" he moved around deck, pointing at the sky. "Those... we are above the clouds!" he realized, looking down. "That's..." Alex fell on his ass, dazed by the experience and still accustoming to the moving vehicle.

"Thank you very much" Alex got closer to Leon and thanked him with all his heart, it seemed that the cold wind up there had made him a bit teary. Alex followed them in the tour, and oddly enough the things scattered around reminded him of the lighthouse, making him a bit homesick. "I don't mind, the Azuria is awesome, it feels like home" Alex said about the tidiness. It was clear that the relief of escaping the pirates and the excitement of the place had him hectic.

Alex watched Leon gift an eyepatch to Alyssa, and liked his taste for attention and how it showed care. He also felt a strange sting, a disconcerting feeling called jealousy that he didn't really know, but it soon passed as Alyssa turned back to him. Her smile was once again wonderful, and Alex couldn't help but return it.

"You always do" Alex replied honestly. "But it's true that it's a nice gift. It suits you" he nodded. "This is going to sound odd but..." Alex turned towards Leon. "...we don't really have nowhere to go, and all we wanted was to travel around, and see the world" added, nervous. "Can we stay? She's strong and brave and I can hunt and cook..." Alex tried to nervously mention his good side. "...I know how to fix most things too, so maybe..." he sort of finished, awaiting an answer.

Back
Top Bottom