Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chasing the High || Hikari-Koroki & PressHeart

PressHeartToStart

Super-Earth
There was a chill in the air, enough of one to make those walking the streets move more quickly than what would be their usual leisurely pace. The sun had already set, causing the sidewalks to be painted in the vibrant colors cast out from the various neon lights that lined the streets. This wasn’t a normal night though, at least not as far as Lauren was concerned. At this time she was usually hunkered down for the night in her pajamas, maybe giving in and chowing down on the ice cream she had hidden all the way in the back of her freezer. Instead she was out, having let her friends convince her that she needed to have more of a social life outside of the daylight hours.

The boots she wore clicked lightly against the pavement, mixing in with the sounds of her friends footsteps. There were four of them all together. Maci was her best friend, and also lived her life on the other end of the spectrum. Always crazy, ready to party and seemed to almost thrive off of drama. It helped that she was beautiful, that dark kind of dangerous look that seemed to almost dare boys to try and buy her a drink. Ben, who was also in their group, was in love with her. Although being the stereotypical ‘nice guy’ he was barely a blip on Maci’s romance radar. Then there was Zak, who despite being cocky, arrogant and kind of an asshole...seemed to get along with everyone.

Lauren almost didn’t fit in with them, and maybe it was because her wardrobe didn’t really meld well with the nightlife. Whereas Maci was decked out in a pair of leather pants and deep red halter top, Lauren had opted for jeans and a white button down shirt that despite being modest was incredibly flattering to her figure. Long blonde hair was pulled up into a loose ponytail, wisps having come loose in the wind fluttered around her face. Pouty lips parted in a sigh as her blue eyes turned to look over at her friends, unable to hide that she was a little underwhelmed with what they were planning on doing this evening. “Where are we going again?”

“Ugh, Lauren...relax a little, would ya? It’s just a bar, we’re not dragging you to some underground orgy or satanic sacrifice.” Maci playfully bumped her shoulder into the blonde, letting out a giggle as she did so. The blonde was so uptight sometimes, it was almost cute. “You’ll have a great time, if you actually let yourself.”

“We’ll get a few drinks in her and she’ll loosen up.” Zak offered the blonde one of his infamous charming smiles, turning the corner before the group and pointing up ahead at the bar they were headed to. There were a few people milling about outside, laughing and talking, one couple even arguing and screaming at each other. The bright gold neon lettering spelled out ‘Whispers’, with a few other signs beneath advertising the drinks they offered. None of which were familiar to the blonde. “There we have it, kids. Our destination.”

“Not everything has to be a fucking production, Zak.” It was a teasing comment, even though it was said as Ben rolled his eyes up into his head in irritation. “C’mon ladies, let’s have some fun, huh?”

Maci nodded emphatically, obviously more than ready to get the night started, as Lauren seemed to almost drag her feet in response. Something just felt...off. An odd feeling in the pit of her stomach warning her that this was bad, no...terrible idea. Maybe that was what her friends had been talking about though? Maybe she really did need to relax a little bit, stop always assuming the worse. With a reluctant little sigh she tried to swallow down her nerves, allowing her feet to finally start pressing forward.

Inside the bar was busy, but it wasn’t terribly packed. There was still room to sit at the bar and a few tables as well. The girls were told to find a place to sit as the men headed to the bar to get the drinks. Maci quickly found a table and hopped up into the chair, tapping on the table to urge Lauren to follow suit. Which she did, with a little less enthusiasm than her friend. “I’m glad you decided to come out. I promise you, you’re going to have a good time.”

“You keep saying that…” The blonde smiled over at her friend, whose short black hair was styled messily. The look worked for her though, and certainly fit her more wild personality. “Look, I will try to have fun, if you stop trying to force the fun down my throat. Just...let me ease into it, alright?”

Maci agreed just in time for the drink to arrive, tall glasses with some kind of concoction inside of them. Lauren didn’t ask, just took a curious sip. Immediately her nose wrinkled a little, that was certainly….different. Not bad, but definitely not something she was used to. With a soft shrug she took another drink, before setting down the glass. “You think he’s going to be here tonight?”

“I hope so!” Zak smiled over at Ben, knowing that if that they were in for a wild ride if they did. Which he certainly wouldn’t complain about. Nobody at the table would...except for maybe Lauren.

The group was half-way through their first drink when Zak, Ben and Maci's phones all chimed at the same time, the same sound. Maci was the first to reach her phone "El's coming out..." She let the sentence hang in the air, a smile on Lauren's friends faces began to grow into a wide grin "I told you he'd be coming" Zak grinned giving Ben a playful shove "Tonight's going to be wild Lauren.... don't get too scared though" another teasing quip from her friend.

"Oh shut up Zak. She won't chicken out. Right Laur? We'll be here for you just... hang on tonight and it'll be worth it" Maci gave her, her warmest and most convincing smile. Maci knew that Lauren was a little bit button down and had hoped that by introducing her to El she'd be more inclined to hang out with them as a group. "He needs the bar ad-" The wild haired girl begun before her phone chimed again "Never mind he just grabbed it from my phone"

Time had passed since the last text. Ben, Maci and Zak were all on their second drink "We're not going to spend all night in this bar are we?" Ben griped "Not that I don't mind spending time with you guys" his eyes glancing over to Maci as he said that "It's just that... It wouldn't be the first time El hasn't shown up!" And with that Ben's phone chimed. "I'm here" was on the screen, flickering before *BZZRT* it crackled and shorted out and just as it did a satchel thumped on the middle of the table.

A man was standing just in front of the group table. "My phone!" Ben called out glaring to the man. El wasn't particularly tall around 5 and a half foot, with short messy blue hair. His eyes were odd instead of whites was a pale blue (Much like his hair) while his irises were a burning orange, they were clearly augments. He dressed in a worn and torn pair of black denim jeans which worked well with his loose tank-top and sleeveless vest. The top allowing him to show off the tattoo that ran from two dots on the side of his neck, thorny tendrils spiraling chaotically down his arm and ending at the wrist. "The fact that you guys use phones still..." El's voice was filled to the brim with confidence that seemed to hang in the air around him. "I brought you guys a gift anyway to say sorry about last time. Business was urgent." The light-blue hair bobbed as he nodded.

"Is it what I think El?" Maci asked excitedly, already reaching for the satchel. El merely raised an eyebrow "Depends what you think it is Maci" before he looked to the table and frowned "You guys didn't even get a spot for me. Oh well guess one of you will have to sit on my lap" He teased but then stopped as his gaze fell on Lauren "Maci. Is this Lauren?" El seemed quite familiar with the group but it was Zak that answered "Yeah Laur finally came out with us. Perfect night too knowing you"

Maci got off her seat and El sat down before pulling Maci onto his lap and leaning over towards Lauren "You've got good friends. They know how to have fun." He gave Lauren a gentle smile, completely aware of how out of her depth the blonde was. As they spoke Maci reached again for the satchel and pulled out a small black rectangle "How much did you bring?" Maci asked looked to El, fiddling with the box to get it open "15 Vials. That's 3 each. If your friend is up for it" he looked to Lauren while saying this.

Inside of the black rectangle laid 5 vials clipped tightly into place. They were filled with a Neon-blue liquid that seemed to shimmer. Under neath was a strange tube that had a mouth piece and looked like the vials would fit inside it perfectly. Maci had already picked out one of the neon vials and the strange tube. With one arm laying over El she exhaled put the piece to her lips, pressed a button and instantly the vial emptied and Maci's chest begun to swell with the inhalant.

Lauren wasn’t sure how to react to what was happening, just watching silently as the scene played out in front of her. Something changed the moment El showed up, the dynamic of the group shifting into something unfamiliar. At least to her. As Maci stood up Lauren almost followed suit, thinking that maybe her friend was actually moving to leave...which would have been a bit of a relief. Of course all her hopes were dashed when the blue haired man took the seat, tugging Maci onto his lap. The physical closeness of the two making the blonde a bit uncomfortable. Not nearly as much as the conversation though.

Vials? All she could do was furrow her brow inquisitively as El offered her a smile. Not sure what to make of him, or anything that was happening around her. It seemed to happen in a flash, Maci removing the vial and situating the tube between her lips. Lauren’s eyes widened in shock, even turning to see if anyone else was witnessing what was happening. As if someone would surely jump in at any moment and stop it. That didn’t happen of course, and Ben and Zak seemed more concerned about when it would be their turn more than anything else.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” It was all she could think to say, and her only idea of escape. Of course as soon as she said it...Zak chimed in.

“No you don’t. You went before we left.” The look he gave her was a knowing one, as if already three steps ahead of the blonde. Knowing she was uncomfortable, but wanting her to just...let go a little bit. “Drink your drink.” There was a wink, paired with a reassuring smile. Hoping that maybe it would be enough to ease Lauren’s obvious discomfort. At least a little.

“Who made you boss of the bathroom?” Despite her words, Lauren didn’t move, although there was bit of playfulness to her voice now and even a hint of a smile on her lips. Just as the sentence ended, Maci had finished her vial, a shudder running through her body as she let out a sigh...that was really more like a moan.

“Fuck, that’s good.” Leaning back against El she let out a euphoric little giggle, hands moving up and through her hair before falling at her sides limply. “I love that weightless feeling, ya know?”

Maci wasn’t talking to anyone in particular, in fact...she looked as though she was having a conversation with the ceiling at the moment. Even with that Zak and Ben nodded along in understanding, as Lauren simply took a sip of her drink through her straw. Hoping that maybe it would help make all of this a little less...bizarre.

“Me next!” Ben stepped forward, trying to ignore that the woman he adored was currently draped over El like a blanket, breathing heavily and almost purring. What he wouldn’t give to switch places right now, but it was a thought he would never say outloud. Having to watch Maci and El only pushing him to want his vial even more.

Reaching over he pulled what Maci had been holding from her loose grip and moved back to his seat. “It’s supposed to be ladies first you know?” Zak motioned his head in Lauren’s direction, the blonde instantly stiffening at the suggestion and shaking her head.

“Oh no, you know...I am allergic to..” Hands started moving, circling as she searched for a word that work in this situation. “Blue?” Zak immediately started laughing, shaking his head as he looked over at Ben. Maci would have been laughing too, if she weren’t as high as a kite at the moment.

“Blue? You are allergic...to a color?”

“What? It’s a thing!” Lauren tried to stifle her own laugh, using her drink to aid her and taking a long deep gulp of the liquid in her glass. Seeing as how she never drank, and was now already halfway through the rather strong beverage, she was starting to feel a nice little warmth in her belly that she wasn’t used to.

“That is not a thing. You just want it to be a thing because you’re a ‘good girl’.” Ben even moved his hands up, making quotation marks in the air as he playfully mocked his straight laced friend. “You know, missionary gets boring after a while. You need to live a little.”

“Hey!” Maci was now back with them, at least partially. “Missionary can be great! Legs up over the shoulders, headboard smacking against the wall-”

“Maci!” Lauren’s cheeks were flush, even in the dimly lit bar it was more than obvious. It wasn’t so much what Maci was saying, but the fact that she was practically grinding against the man beneath her as she said it that had the blonde a bit taken aback. “Calm down.” It was the first time since he had smiled at her that Lauren looked at El. It hadn't been that she had been purposefully ignoring him, but something about him made her feel...weird. It was hard to explain, but it had her stomach doing summersaults.

Quickly she looked away, and just as she did, Ben started to inhale his vial.

Maci was draped over El, who seemed to either be extremely comfortable or just accepted the situation. His hands were folded in her lap, despite the wild haired girl wrapping an arm around him he didn't touch Maci however. His gaze went from Maci to Ben to Zak before a quick glance at Lauren before back to Ben "You'd know all about headboards smacking on walls huh Maci?" But even as he spoke he watched Ben and mouthed to him "Not Interested" which showed the blue-haired dealer knew more about the group than most.

"Maci. Love. Why don't you and Ben get the table another round. Whatever you want. It's on me" And he produced a blue-cred card from his jean pocket putting into Maci's hand who got up and took the now stoned Ben away. El proceeded to take the three remaining vials from the box, Standing each vial on their flat heads. Zak was eyeing the vials "Don't hold back on my accord Zak" El pushed a vial over and rolled it to Zak who quickly picked it up and loaded it into the inhaler. "Who's holding back?" He joked before inhaling the neon vial.

Zak sunk into his chair, putting the inhaler down "Maci's wrong. It's the sounds. They're the best" He said while swaying his head to a tune that neither El nor Lauren could hear. Zak had augments to replacing the hearing he'd have lost as a child and the Glo seemed to sync with the guys love of music along with his Aug "Let me make it a little better then" El spoke softly, taping his fingers in the air before Zak's eyes shot open. Music could be heard coming from Zak's ears but he sunk deeper into his chair enjoying the feeling.

"Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm El" El looked to Zak and then glanced over to Ben and Maci who were waiting at the bar to get their drinks "But that's just what people call me. Ethan" He offered his hand "Your friends are right though. You should live a little" As he spoke he tipped the vial onto it's side with his free hand and begun rolling it back and forth "If it makes you feel any better I can do it with you" El reached into the bag pulling out a second inhaler.

Maci and Ben had come back over with their drinks by that point. Maci's eyes went to the inhalers "El are you gonna Mix with Laur?" their was a hint of jealousy in her tone as she set the drinks in front of everyone.

El shook his head "No just offering to walk her through her first Glo..." and his eyes now fell on Lauren's, who would notice that his Irises had changed from the fiery orange to a calmer green. He stared, a little, at Lauren loading in a vial into the inhaler without looking at it before he brought it to the buttoned down blonde "Come on Laur, you gotta try it" Maci chimed in knowing that her best friend would easily miss out if the wilder girl wasn't there to give her a slight push "Yeah. It's like uh... getting drunk but... personalized?" Ben added trying his best to explain how it felt. Inhaler offered, Maci and Ben looking at Lauren anxiously and Zak was mellowed out on the music El put into his ear. Ethan however just sat and looked at Lauren "Your friends are all here and I promise there's no one better to handhold your first high than me. Right Maci?"Lauren's best friend nodded

Everything seemed to be happening at the speed of light, and Lauren was having a hard time keeping up. As soon as Zak had lost himself in his own personalized high the newest member of the group turned to her, offering his has and his real name. Not wanting to be rude, despite still being a little uncomfortable, the blonde reached out and took his hand. The grip was loose, and hesitant, but the smile she offered him was warm and genuine.

It wasn’t long that she could hold his gaze though, her eyes falling to vial being rolled around on the table. Maci seemed to return at the perfect time to make assumptions, actually sounding jealous about what might be happening. Lauren understood none of the terminology, feeling like a small fish in a big pond. Still, the peer pressure currently surrounding her was starting to work. After all, she was with her friends, and they certainly wouldn’t let anything horrible happen to her.

When she turned to look at El again, she found herself questioning her memory for a moment. Those eyes which had once been a vibrant orange seemed to have settled into a much cooler and calming green. It was hard to deny that the man was attractive, although not the type she usually went for. Which made him all the more intriguing, not that she would ever admit that to herself. “I...I don’t know…”

Maci let out a sigh as her hand ran up onto the blonde’s shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “You’ll be fine. Better than fine! You’ll be great, and El’s real good at taking care of first timers.” The short haired firecracker tossed El a playful wink, trying to let her jealousy go as it was threatening to ruin her high. It was hard to do though, seeing as she was convinced that she was more Ethan’s type than the girl next door. With that thought she simply chalked it up to him being friendly and let it go...at least for the moment. “Give in. Just a little.”

It was then that everyone seemed to chime in, egging her on and promising that she would be fine. It was a little overwhelming, and Lauren was quickly starting to realize that saying no was going to be a somewhat impossible feat. With a sigh the blonde looked towards El, and gave a hesitant little shrug. “You’ll have to walk me through it.”

There was a small little outburst of cheers from the table, excited to see the perfect little blonde let go a little and live. Lauren would wait for everything to be set up, and instructions on what to do. Although it was hard to hear anything over the pounding of her heart. So nervous she thought it might beat right out of her chest. As soon as the drug hit her though, that first little dip into something new, she would forget all about her initial hesitation.

Colors seemed to burst to life around her, everything more vibrant and clear. Time seemed to slow, as she could feel every fiber of her being tingle and vibrate. As if she might just start floating into space. There was something incredibly erotic about it, every sense seemed to be heightened, especially that of touch. The way her hair brushed the back of her neck causing her skin to prickle up and a shiver to run down her spine. Lauren had no idea how much time had passed before she focused back in on the people around her, but it felt like it might have been an eternity. “Wow…”

El ran his fingers through his hair, combing back his bangs as he sat looking at Lauren “You’ll have to walk me through it.” she finally said with a hesitant shrug towards El "Of course" He nodded taking the last vial off the table and loading it into the second inhaler "I'll go slow. Exhale. Put this to your lips" He moved the mouth piece to his lips "Then you just hit the button and inhale. Easy" The blue-haired dealer concluded.

Ben, Maci and El all watched as Lauren took the inhaler to her lips, lungs empty, before she hit the button. The first spurt of inhalant threatening to overwhelm her "Slow, just take it slow" El cooed to the blonde as he watched her chest slowly fill up like a balloon. Once full he took the inhaler from her lips, watching the small swirl of blue mist escape her lips which was a telltale sign of someone who had never used Glo before. Lauren was staring off for a while a few minutes passing before Maci looked to El and then to the glassy eyed Lauren.

"Laur you feeling okay?" Maci finally asked, her hand reaching out to touch the blonde but El stopped her "She's just zoned out Maci, she'll come to" And as he said that Lauren near inaudibly whispered "Wow..." Maci climbed back into El's lap but instead of draping herself over him she looked at her friend with a grin "I told you. It's great isn't it?" She looked to the satchel and then to the dealer, who was taking his own hit "There's 2 more each right?" She asked and El nodded while inhaling.

El put the inhaler on the table and breathed out, a warm smile crossing his lips as he enjoyed his high. The buzz in the air, the visual textures, the wild colors. His Irises shifted through different colors. Pink. Blue. Green. Red. Orange. He then reached his hand out, laying it across the back of Lauren's neck. His thumb stroking softly against the nape of her neck, elbow resting on the chair. He did this for a few minutes before speaking "We should.... We should go somewhere" He nodded, tapping Maci with his free hand to get up. He waved his hand at Zak and the music stopped "We're going out. I know a place. Dancing? Golf? Oh god the Zoo? Yeah. I want to pet a seal? Maybe not." El's head bobbed slightly as he spoke erratically "I know where to go" He concluded before grabbing Lauren's hand.

Jumping up he quickly lead the group outside "We are here. We want. Here. We go." He turned to the left and started racing down the street, tugging Lauren behind him "Keep up. It'll be fantastic." He hadn't noticed then but he had left without his satchel. Lucky for him Maci was keeping a watch on it and took it with her when they left. Ben, Zak and Maci all watched as El wandered quickly to the left. "Another grand adventure awaits it seems" Zak waved a hand towards El and Ben rolled his eyes "It's just going to be another fun night, just El's here god Zak not everything is so dramatic" And the trio followed after El.

El darted quickly down the street, stopping at corners looking one way then the other before continuing walking. Eventually he turned into a small alleyway and walked up to an unassuming door, he placed his left hand against it and it slid open to a set of stairs leading downwards. Where a deep bass beat could be felt pounding against the walls. "Come on guys, it's a small party that's all. Few drinks maybe another hit we'll go somewhere else." then it clicked "Wait fuck where's my satchel"He looked to the group before Maci swung it forward "I wouldn't let you forget a thing like this" She teased as he walked over "You're a lifesaver" He said as he kissed her head taking his satchel back before gesturing to the door. "Let's go" Zak said cocking his head at Ben who just huffed and replied "Just another party Zak"

The touch to the back of her neck, even though it was subtle, was like electric sparks along her flesh. The blonde's breathing becoming a bit ragged and heavy as she simply lost herself in the sensation. It felt like an eternity, but as soon as the contact ended it felt as though it was gone too soon, and she found herself instantly missing it. There was no time to complain though, they were moving and Lauren was unable to do much but just follow suit.

The chill in the air was barely noticed this time, the blonde simply trying to keep up as El tugged her along with him. Every few seconds she would look back, making sure her friends were nearby...which they were. All smiles and laughter as they felt the energy of the night kick into gear. When they all stopped Maci handed over the satchel that had been left behind as Lauren leaned up against the nearby wall, trying to catch her breath and regain her bearings. Head swimming with a mess of sensations and emotions she wasn’t used to.

Maci practically melted as she was pulled in, a kiss planted along her head. It was evident to everyone she was smitten with the blue haired man, much to Ben’s annoyance. It also irked Lauren a little as well, although she had no idea why. Maybe it was simply because she felt bad for Ben? Slowly the group started to make their way down the stairs, the tension dissipating the more and more the music took over, bass pounding so intensely it was surprising the whole building wasn’t shaking.

“I want to dance!!” Zak hit the main floor, jumping with excitement as he eyes the dance floor. There were plenty of bodies, writhing and swaying the the movement. The party didn’t seem ‘small’ at all, at least not by Lauren’s standards. “C’mon blondie. I’ve always been curious to find out if you knew how to move.”

It wasn’t really a request, as Zak grabbed his friend by the arm and urged her to follow him out onto the floor. Lauren tossed a nervous look back to Maci, but didn’t fight. Part of her actually...wanting to dance? The walls she usually had up were starting to crack, and as terrifying as it was...it was also oddly liberating. Maci chuckled, shaking her head lightly as she turned towards the two boys she was left standing with. “They can shake their asses all they want, I want a drink.”

Ben nodded in agreement, even as he was still watching Lauren and Zak make their way to the dance floor. Just as curious about the blonde and how she would move. It was no lie she had body built for sin, even if she did everything in her power to downplay it, and Ben was a man. It was only natural. “Yea, drinks.”

Zak and Lauren reached the dance floor, and the cocky man wasted no time in getting her moving. To which he was not disappointed. “I knew it! It’s always the uptight ones that are secretly little minxes!” The words were yelled out over the booming music, and Lauren couldn’t help but blush at the accusation. “I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about.” There was an innocent smile on her lips, but a not so innocent wink tossed in his direction.

Maci was getting a little annoyed. Usually she was the center of attention, and that was because Lauren always actively did her best to fade into the background. Like a beautiful vase. Men would stare, but they dare not approach or touch. Now that she was loosening up, it seemed the tides were changing a bit...and she wasn’t sure how she felt about that. “Okay, drinks can wait, someone dance with me!!”

Ben nearly tripped over himself at the offer, finally peeling his gaze from the blonde and focusing in on Maci. “Let’s do it!” There was a bit of a dumbstruck smile on his face, but he wasn’t about to pass up this opportunity. Then… “Come on El, plenty of little ol me to go around.”

The walls boomed, the floor shook. The music was loud, the people high one way or another, All dancing a perfect swaying mass. Zak immediately dragged Lauren off to the dance floor and much to everyone's enjoyment Lauren found she could effortlessly work her body. It was easy for the blonde to catch everyone in the groups attention. El, Ben and Maci all watched Zak and Lauren dance before jealousy got the better of Maci and she scoffed drinks and headed to the floor with an eager Ben.

El watched the two parties dance, his tongue playing with his lower lip piercing before he shrugged his satchel onto his shoulder and joined Maci and Ben on the dance floor. Maci was already grinding on a blissful Ben by the time El got out onto the floor. He moved up behind Maci and brushed her hair from her neck, hands on her hips as he moved close to her. The two swayed to the beat together, much to Ben's annoyance but El made up for this by producing an inhaler and another two vials. Both of them grinned widely as Maci handed over a vial and loaded her inhaler. "I'm gonna give one to Zak and Lauren" Maci merely raised a thumbs up as she handed the inhaler off to Ben. The glassy eyed look in the wild girls eyes reassuring El that Maci was having a good time and Ben wouldn't let anything happen to the girl he loved.

Zak and Lauren were dancing close, the crowed dance floor pushing everyone together. Not that anyone minded. The blue-haired dealer eventually pushed his way through the crowd and found Zak and Lauren. The seductively innocent blonde catching the attention of almost all of the guys around her. "Present for you Zak" El yelled over the music handing him an inhaler and nudging between him and Lauren "Do you mind if I?" He asked Lauren cocking his eyebrow, the ball piercing raising with it. He didn't wait for a reply and slipped his hands onto her hips, a surge in the crowd pressing them tightly together as the music picked up a bit.

"Sorry" El whispered into Lauren's ear so close were they pushed together. His hands gently squeezing her erotic figure, so hard did Lauren have to work to fade into the background that the slightest tilt towards it was extremely effective "Fuck how do you look so fucking hot dressed like that, short skirt or tight dress and you'd be a killer" El spoke hotly against her ear, his left hand on her hip giving her a gentle squeeze as he worked at hacking her Augments and turn them up to 11 before biting onto her ear.

It was all so intoxicating, even more so with the high. The music, the booming bass and all the bodies moving together. Zak had gotten much closer in the short time they had been dancing, eyes locked on the blonde, almost like if he were to look away for a moment, she would be gone. The more the dance, the less and less he cared that she was his friend. Of course those thoughts were quickly veered off course as El made his way over. Yanking him back into the reality of the situation, which he was both thankful and irritated by.

As soon as the vial was handed over he seemed to forget about everything that had just happened, grinning like an idiot as he focused in on the high that was coming his way. Lauren chuckled under her breath at the sight, the sound of it instantly lost in the noise of the club. It was then her attention was pulled toward El, not able to answer his initial question before he moved in closer. For a moment her breath caught in her chest, butterflies swirling around in her stomach as the pair was pressed tightly together. There was something about the man that threw her off balance, and he certainly wasn’t what she considered her type. Still, she couldn’t deny that she was attracted to him.

The heat from his breath hit her neck before the words registered, and she was thankful he was pressed so tightly against her so that he couldn’t see how red she was. Lips parted to say something, but the words stopped on her tongue, the only sound the blonde was able to make a soft little gasp. The instant his teeth touched her ear she felt something...shift. Lauren had been able to feel him before. His chest pressed to hers, the hand gripping her hip and his mouth against her ear...but now it was like she was feeling it in surround sound. Sending a visible shudder through her body.

That wasn’t all that had shifted though, it seemed she could smell everything as well. The sweat, the mixture of perfumes and cologne lingering the air. More than anything though, she could smell the man in front of her. There was something distinct about him, almost comforting and dangerous all at the same time. Closing her eyes for a moment her head tilted into him, arms moving upwards and draping over his shoulders as she took it all in. As overwhelming as it was, it was also a thrilling little rush. Of course she had no clue that it was El who had caused this reaction in her. All she could think was that it was a side effect of the drugs.

“I bet you say that to all the girls.” It was flirtatious, and fell from her lips before she could put much thought into the teasing comment. Maci was still dancing with Ben, but her eyes kept drifting towards where the others were. Even with her blissful little high, it was hard not be jealous as she took in the sight of El and Lauren...so close together. The dark haired girl tried to convince herself he was just being nice, after all...the blonde was a bit like a deer in headlights, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something more to what she was seeing.

“We should move closer to the others.” Maci leaned into Ben, speaking loudly over the music before taking him by the arm and dragging him over to where everyone else was. Zak had taken his vial and was getting incredibly handsy with a petite little blonde whose body was far more appealing than her face. Which might be why he had spun her around to grind against her rear end. Maci didn’t say anything, but she did tap El on the shoulder and toss him a little flirtatious wave. Letting him know she was there. Lauren missed it, head turned the other way as she continued to adjust to the sense overload.

“I like the way you smell.” The words weren’t spoken loudly, but the blonde’s lips were close enough to El’s ear he shouldn’t have any issue hearing her somewhat dazed words. “You...are trouble. With a capital ‘T’.” Again it was teasing and playful, the blonde even giggle a little bit after she said it.

“Anyone else thirsty?” Ben could see the look on Maci’s face and was starting to worry, as it looked as if she might be ready to pounce and pry Lauren and El apart. The drugs not really helping her with the impulse control.

“You...are trouble. With a capital ‘T’.” Lauren teased, giving a little giggle. El was enjoying the game of cat and mouse that he had going with the blonde, but little did she know how one sided the game was. El stepped back a little as Maci and Ben pushed their way over "we were thinking about getting some drinks" She yelled over the music, nodding towards the sheltered booths at the side "Where's Zak?" Ben questioned, El answering with a nod in a direction where their friend was dancing with a pair of girls, simply lost in his high. "Should we just... leave him?" Ben looked to the group quizzically "We can pick him up before we go" El answered. He looked to Lauren and held up the two remaining vials and nod his head towards an empty booth "Maci, Ben want to grab the drinks? Ben chat to Maci about the thing. Lauren want another hit?"

El didn't wait for an answer and instead headed towards the booth, pushing past the crowd as Ben took Maci's hand and headed towards the bar "What was El talking about Ben?" Maci's eyes falling on Ben and staring him down "I'll tell you about it later Maci...." Was the last thing that they heard from the pair as they melded into the dancing body of the crowd.

El waited for Lauren at the table an inhaler each loaded. He pat the spot next to him as he rested against the wall "Tell me you don't want to find out how much better it can get" He said teasingly, rolling the inhaler on the table "Maybe it'll give you the courage to do the things you never thought you could do. The things you want to do but can't right?" He twirled the inhaler about before holding it up to her "I know your type, you want an excuse to lose yourself in it. It'll be worth it" He smirked knowingly still holding the inhaler up on offer.

Maci and Ben headed towards the bar as Lauren and El moved into an empty booth near the dance floor. The bartender was a little overrun at the moment, but managed to get the drink orders somewhat quickly. Probably because of the way Maci had leaned herself up against the bar, putting herself on display a little in order to get faster service. It irked Ben a little, but he couldn’t really complain...as it worked. The man didn’t really want to stand at the bar for hours waiting to get served.

At the booth, Lauren was busy trying to catch her breath. Pulling her long blonde hair up off of the back of her neck in an attempt to cool herself off. As soon as El started to speak, rolling the vial along the surface of the table, she forgot all about how warm it was. Hanging on every word that fell from his lips. “My type?”

An eyebrow arched up as she smirked at him. It was a ridiculous notion to think that he had her pegged, but El spoke with such confidence she found herself questioning logic and reason. Lauren was naive and inexperienced, so much so...she actually believed she was still in control. That if she wanted to, she could just get up and leave the table take a cab home and sleep the night off. Had it just been her and her friends, she probably would have. Something about El though, it was pulling her in.

“One more. That’s it.” It wasn’t very convincing, even though she was trying her best to sound as if she meant it. Those full lips of hers parted to take in the inhaler, as she mentally replayed the instructions she had been given before. As soon as it was done, the world almost melted away for a moment. There was a warmth that washed over her, making her feel as though she might actually melt into a happy little puddle of goo. It was far more intense than the last time, and Lauren didn’t know that it was partially because her augments had been amped up by the man next to her. “Holy...shit…”

With a soft little giggle she slumped to the side, leaning against El as she nuzzled her head into his shoulder. Taking in the smell that was quickly becoming familiar. It was just as that happened, Maci and Ben showed up with the drinks. “Well, looks like you two are becoming fast friends.” Despite trying to sound friendly, there was an obvious hint of jealousy.

“Nothing wrong with that.” Ben quickly stepped in, trying to diffuse any uprising among the ranks. Of course he could see why the girls would like El, as he went against the grain...and the ladies always seemed to gravitate towards the bad boys. Honestly though, he didn’t expect Lauren to take to him. It worried him a little, but he just chalked it up to the drugs and liquor. The girl was letting loose, nothing more. “You good?”

The question was tossed at the blonde, who turned to look over at Ben and nodded gently. “Very good.” With a little groan she pulled herself back up, taking the glass that had been placed in front of her and chugging it down, thinking it was water. Which it definitely wasn’t. Still, she was thirsty, so much so that even after she noticed she wasn’t gulping down water...she just kept going. The little voice in her head which usually warned her seemingly silenced for the moment. As soon as she was done the glass was placed on the table, the blonde coughing a few times as the hard liquor settled in her stomach, throat burning a little. “Well...that’s probably going to bite me in the ass.”

Ben and Maci just chuckled, taking sips of their own drinks. “Good to see you’re having a good time.” There was a smile on Maci’s lips, and the comment was obviously sincere. “I was pretty sure you were going to bolt back at the bar.” Ben knew what Maci was doing. Pointing out that Lauren didn’t really belong in hopes it would make El less interested. It was a little backhanded, but...the dark haired girl was known for such tactics...and Lauren seemed completely oblivious to it. So...no harm?

“What can I say, I’m full of surprises.” Ben’s eyes went a little wide, as Maci’s jaw dropped. The sassy and somewhat suggestive little comeback not expected. It effectively shut Maci up though.

“On that note, what’s the plan?” The man looked over at El, seeing as how he was the ringleader. Ben having forgotten to talk to Maci about ‘the thing’...which wasn’t terribly surprising given their current state.

The blondes sassy comeback had everyone at the table in shock. At the mention of a plan El made a quizzical face "Ben. When do I truly ever have a plan?" He asked "You always have the craziest nights. Those aren't planned?" He scoffed looking the blue-haired dealer up and down. El shrugged his shoulders chuckling "Plans are just for people who are too afraid to let loose" He turned his head towards Lauren "Like her, or at least she was"

Maci was staring at the two on the other side of the booth, ever since Lauren had been in high school with her best friend Maci had been the center of attention. Now though Maci was beginning to understand just how much Lauren had been trying to fade into the background "Hey we're not scared. We'll just see how the night goes and where ever we end up it'll be fun, right El?" She said while glaring slightly at Ben, as though he would be the one to make El leave their group. "Hey I wasn't trying to suggest anything. We party with you all night you know we trust you" Ben clamored while Maci glare set on him.

El however wasn't paying too much attention them, he took the inhaler off the table and loaded another vial. It was the last of second set of five with only one more to go. Once the high had settled in El leaned over towards Lauren, catching her chin with his hand and tilting it up a bit as he stared into her eyes, his irises glowing a fierce red. His lips locked with hers and for a moment it felt like Lauren would pull away but a split second decision in her head must have changed her mind because before he knew it she pushed back into the kiss.

El held Lauren's chin as the pair made out while Maci sat on the other side of the booth, glaring intently at her best friend while she firmly held her glass. She had a straw between her teeth that she was chewing. She was clearly jealous of Lauren and while she glared the two ended their kiss and she failed to hear El whisper to Lauren "You are full of surprises. Just like your Type" The dealer was smirking before he looked back to the table, blinking a few times as though he had forgotten that Ben and Maci existed. "El, Can you dance with me?" Maci asked downing the last of her drink as she moved out to the floor. El looked at Lauren then to her wild friend "She wants to talk" He rolled his eyes a little before making his way onto the floor.

The booming music and seething crowd greeted the pair again and as they entered the folds they were pushed together, it worked well with Maci's need to talk to El "What the hell was that, I thought you said you liked me?" She started. El just looked puzzled "I do like you, I like Lauren too. Why are you jealous? I'm just getting to know your friend. She seems my type" Maci pushed past El and headed back to the table.

She was feeling dejected and wanted someones attention. She also knew where she could get it and she walked straight up to Ben, as she had done earlier she leaned down putting a bit more of herself on display "Ben come dance with me?" She asked. Ben shooting up immediately "what? yeah. Of course!" He stumbled over his words as he got out of the booth El had just gotten out of the crowd "Maci wait. I care about you but just not in the way you want me too" He said apologetically before reaching into his Satchel and taking the last case out "For you and whoever else you want to give them too. Forgive me? We'll still have fun."

Maci took the case and looked at El, there was no way she couldn't forgive him "It's impossible to stay mad at you" She muttered taking the case and grabbing Ben's hand and dragging him off to the dance floor. El sat back down next to Lauren "So your friends are dancing, Tell me about you?" He asked with interest

The kiss was unexpected, and caused Lauren’s head to spin. A warm rush washing over her and causing the rest of the world to fade away. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced, every sensation heightened and drawn out. When it ended she almost let out a whimper, even though deep down she knew it was something she probably shouldn’t have done in the first place. There were a lot of things she shouldn’t be doing tonight…

Maci and El moved to the dance floor, leaving Ben and Lauren in a bit of an awkward silence. “You like him?” There was a smile on his lips, and it was obvious he was genuinely curious. El and Lauren seemed to be polar opposites, but there was something intriguing about that, even as an outsider looking in.

“I don’t know.” The blonde lowered her eyes, cheeks turning red at the question. There was something there, that much she knew. A spark? It was hard to define, as it was a new feeling. Lauren had always picked the safe route...and the blue haired dealer didn’t seem to fit that trend. “Maci seems mad...are they a...thing?” Lauren didn’t really want to ask Ben that question, knowing it might sting, but she couldn’t very well keep kissing someone if he and her best friend were some kind of an item.

“Nah. You’re good. Maci has some kind of crush on him, but I don’t think El’s really interested in her like that. Seems to me he’s more interested in you.” Ben tossed her a wink, which did nothing to help the blonde recover from her blushing. Which she was desperately trying to do as she noticed Maci and El making their way back to the table. It seemed tense, the dark haired girl pulling Ben onto the dance floor, but not before El handed her something.

Suddenly she was alone with the blue haired dealer, and the butterflies in her belly were going insane. As he asked about her she scoffed lightly. “Me? Not much to tell. I’m in college, I have a part time job at a coffee shop on campus...that’s really all there is. As you know, this…” The blonde motioned to what was around them, a chuckle falling from her lips. “Isn’t something I do. I’m the girl that stays home Friday night and reads.” In her head she was kicking herself, as he would surely lose interest in her at this point. El seemed to be exciting and spontaneous, whereas Lauren color coded her notes for class in her free time. That kiss though, she liked that kiss. Oh well, easy come and easy go.

“I’d ask about you, but I have a feeling that’s a loaded question that’s only going to be met with a bunch of vague non-committal answers.” There was a teasing smile on her lips, as her eyes locked with his. Lauren’s speech was slightly slurred, eyes a bit hazy, but she was hanging in there pretty well. “I know your type too.” WIth a giggle she stuck out her tongue at him, before reaching her arm across the table and grabbing the drink that Ben had left behind to go dance.

“So, you want to tell me what’s going on with you and Maci? I don’t want her to be mad at me, but...I won't lie and say I didn’t enjoy kissing you.” The words were just falling from her lips, and as soon as she realized what she had just said she winced. “I mean, it was alright. Nothing to write home about. Maybe a 6 out of 10...which isn’t bad.”

El sat besides the college student, He wanted to ask what she studied but she glazed over her story and denounced herself boring. He made a list of things to ask her. At the mention of his life he laughed "Mmm yeah, not a lot to tell. I uh didn't do the school thing and I kinda just grew up around here" He noded in agreement as she suggested he'd give vague non-committal answers, until finally the question rolled around Maci and himself. What were they? "Not dating. If that's what your asking. She's fun to be around and I see her as a friend so I care about her but that's it." He turned out to look onto the dance floor, finding Ben and Maci dancing closely together. "I know she has a crush on me and I know Ben is in love with her. I told her tonight I didn't see her like that" He shrugged turning back to Lauren "Honestly you're more my type"

"You know, I've got some questions." He started straightening up as he talked "How about this. You answer 3 Questions of mine and I'll answer 3 of yours?" He waited until she nodded "Me first" He grinned "So what are you studying?" He asked an innocent enough question "I'm studying bio-engineering...which sounds a lot cooler than it is" She replied dismissively "That's pretty smart stuff" He said seeming genuinely impressed "Body and looks? Crazy" He chuckled before he moved onto the next question "You mentioned reading on nights like this, what do you like to read?" He stared down to the blonde woman answering his questions, his eyes turned a gentle auburn while he smiled "If I'm going to be honest, trashy romance novels...but let's just pretend I said something not pathetic...like...thrillers or suspense novels." He laughed again "What like Fabio covers and everything?" He asked shaking his head "It's okay we'll both pretend it was the cool answer"

"Was the kiss really 6/10?" He asked suddenly between their laughter, he stared at her intently before waving his hand and smiling a lot. He had noticed how the blush crept up Lauren's face "That's not my real question" He said shaking his head. A short breather later and El's Augmented eyes fell on the satchel on the middle of the table "What's your type of guy?" He broke the silence of their rest, the normal at ease feel El had there was a little tension somewhere as he waited. Lauren seemed taken aback a bit "Ummm...clean cut, preppy...usually involved in some kind of sport..." She answered. El tapped the table lightly before he shook his head "That's your type?" He asked "Ben? Well you're wrong. That would bore you. The reason you don't come out is because those guys aren't fun enough." He shrugged his shoulders "It's true but hey you answered my questions so I'll answer yours" He said turning to face her.

After she had finished asking her questions, and he had finished answering, El stood up still staring down into Lauren's eyes "Your friends are having fun here but I gave Maci my last case. I'm going to swing by my place and pick up another two then I'll text your friends the next party. How about... He paused "You come back to my place and we meet your friends at the next party?" He nodded towards the exit and took Lauren's hand once again. His left arm tapped against the air "Sending your friends a message. They know where my place is." He gave a firm squeeze as he lead Lauren out of the underground club.

The more time she spent with El, the more she was drawn to him. Something about him pulled her in, demanded her attention. The more they talked, the more she could feel herself falling. Maybe it was the drugs, or at least that’s what she was going to tell herself as an attempt to play it off as though the sparks she felt were merely coincidental. As he mentioned her friends dancing her eyes drifted towards the floor, a sea of bodies in motion, writhing to the music. Those eyes flicked back to him quickly as he mentioned leaving though. Was he planning on leaving her here alone? There was a brief flash of panic on her face.

Then he took her hand, and offered to take her with her. There was a small voice screaming at her to stay put. Stay with her friends that she knew and trusted. Despite that, she still followed, making it to her feet and following El out of the underground club and back out onto the city streets.

The cool air felt amazing, the blonde not realizing just how hot it had been in the club. Made sense, with all those moving bodies generating heat. It wasn’t enough to calm her nerves though. This was unlike anything she had ever done, and she was both excited and terrified with what might happen from this point on. They were alone now after all. For a split second she thought about going back, but then she turned to look at the man next to her, and for whatever reason...she just couldn’t do it. Too curious to find out what might happen next, and too eager to see what he might have in store.

“You’re right, you know? They are boring.” Lauren knew she was backtracking, but she couldn’t get what he had said about her ‘type’ out of her head. They weren’t even really her type, it was more just...what she felt was expected of her. What she was supposed to do. “El…”

The words stopped, somehow she managed to catch herself before saying something stupid, that would leave her open and vulnerable with a man she didn’t know that well. There was a fear that he was just stringing her along, or screwing with her. Even with what he had said, she couldn’t shake the thought that him and Maci would be a better fit, the girl was definitely more his speed. Or so it seemed.

“I hope you don’t live too far...I don’t have a jacket.” It was lame, and she knew it was likely he would pick up on the fact that it wasn't what she was going to say when she first started. The blonde even wincing a little, knowing she was being stupid, terrified that he wouldn’t think she was ‘cool’. And she wasn’t cool, she knew that, but she had never really cared about it before. “So, umm...do you live alone? Have any pets? Sorry...I’m nervous, and you’re...you make me nervous.” Again she winced, hating herself for being so out of it, the way things were just coming out of her mouth without thought. “I think I’m pretty messed up right now. I’m usually much better at making words…”

El raised an eyebrow in surprise at how easily Lauren agreed with him on the subject of her friends "I mean they're fun and they try to keep up but they're still... a bit below our level" He tugged Lauren ahead walking straight down the street, "What is it?" He asked when she paused. He stopped when she complained about the lack of jacket, it didn't feel too chilly for him but there wasn't any sense in arguing the temperature."You can have my vest" He said slipping his arms out of it and holding it up for her, it was big enough to provide warmth for the college student "I mean if you're cold and all? And come here anyway" He pulled Lauren in tightly to him putting the vest on her. It smelt strongly of El.

The blue-haired man held the blonde woman tightly to him. El's hand resting on Lauren's hip as they walk close together. So as to share body heat, of course. El could tell she was nervous, his left hand could feel her augments reacting in overtime as she pelted questions at him “So, umm...do you live alone? Have any pets? Sorry...I’m nervous, and you’re...you make me nervous.” without pause "I live alone. I have one Pet. Her name is Olivia, you can meet her if you want. She's a Furret. I'm sorry I make you nervous" He laughed trying to calm Lauren's nerves "You're pretty okay for now really, you're too critical of yourself" He reassured her before the stopped at a building. "Number 3. This one" He ducked towards the building approaching it's fence instead of the gate "Forgot my Key. We're going to have to duck in this way" He nodded at the fence before scaling it.

It was a small concrete Fence and El sat at the top reaching down to Lauren to help her up and over. "Easy, I remember my Keycodes so we can get in, just my keycard" He smiled and hopped off the wall ready to catch her if need be.

All she could smell was him, especially now that she was wearing his vest. El holding her close as they walked only added to the intense sensations she felt she was being bombarded with. The response he offered calmed her nerves a little though, even getting her to smile softly as her body relaxed a little. Before she could say anything further the pair stopped in front of a building, which El stated was their destination. It wasn’t the door he was heading towards though, it was the fence.

It was taken on with ease, the man simply scaling it as though it were a simple flight of stairs and reaching down to help the confused blonde once he had reached the top. There was an obvious hesitation, something about it just seeming...off. Had it been any other night, had she not been high, and now a little tipsy, she probably would have just walked away. Then again, she might not of...with how drawn she was to the man offering his hand. With a little nod she reached up, using El to help her move up the wall.

Once at the top she hopped down, thankful that she had someone down there to catch her, as she stumbled as soon as her feet hit the ground. Instantly she felt as though she had done something wrong, that she was going to get in trouble...and she laughed. It was an unexpected response, one she chalked up to being out of sorts, but it didn’t stop the little giggle from filling the night air. “This is crazy. You..are a bad influence.”

It was all fun now, but Lauren had no idea what was in store for her when she started coming down. How badly she wouldn’t want this feeling to end. For someone so used to being in control, letting go was dangerous. Just a taste of freedom, was enough to break the dam she had spent years building.

"Yeah, but you find it fun" He said helping the girl find her legs. The courtyard was bare and only seemed to serve as a way to gate people off, El grabbed Lauren's hand again and lead her to a keypad. Tapping away at it before the door slid open "We'll have to take the stairs" He nodded at the darkened elevator. Thankfully they only needed to second floor, El tapped in the code before a red X flashed onto the screen "Hmm..." He mused tapping the code in only to be denied again "Let me just fix it" He muttered putting his left hand on the keypad before the door clicked open.

The door swung open to a small kitchen space "Your friends bore you but that's because they aren't adventurous enough" He paused looking down the hallway as though listening for sound "She's up?" He questioned to himself before turning back to Lauren "You're attracted because it'll finally be the fun you need. So buttoned up letting loose feels better right?" He asked the blonde as they walked into a darkened room "You really enjoyed the kiss. You can be honest I can tell" He pressed Lauren against the wall as he spoke.

In the dark El had pushed Lauren against the wall, his lips pressing against hers. His left hand lay against her hip where he dialed her sensation augment, giving it a kick to match with the peak of the blondes high. He gave her hip a soft squeeze as he pressed in against her deepening their kiss. This was thrown off by the rattle of a cage, El pulled back and switched on the lights, leaving a hopefully dazed Lauren as he turned and knelt next to the cage "Sorry Olivia gets jealous" He teased nodding to the ferret in the cage. El licked his lips of the lingering kiss, looking Lauren up and down "We should head to the next party" He sounded almost reluctant to leave. He pet Olivia while he placed his left hand on the floor the wooden flooring opening up to a safe, which then opened up to a stack of the same rectangle boxes El had earlier. "Do you want another hit?" He asked offering a box to Lauren before he lifted a second "Or something different?" He slid both towards Lauren.

"Ahem" a voice coughed at the door. There stood a woman almost as tall as El, Raven dark hair spilling down her back. She had heterochromia, green and blue. She looked to be older than El or Lauren "Samantha, I was just grabbing a few things then leaving" El smiled up to the tall woman "Ethan, I said I didn't want to find any of those in my house" She stared at the box at Lauren feet "You won't find them. Only I can" He had winced at the name but kept his smile before he gestured to Lauren "Lauren. Samantha. Samantha. Lauren. Sammy is an Ex. Lauren is a new friend. I hope" He finished looking up at her "Just met El?" Samantha asked Lauren with a smile "What are you guys up to tonight?" She continued watching Lauren while ignoring El as he packed four of the crates into his Satchel.

Back
Top Bottom