Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naruto (RP thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai, was waiting at his gate, he had been one of the first to sign up and had been told he would be joining another squad for this part of the exam. That meant they had lost a member, that was a pity but he couldn't exactly complain either. As he sat on the wall waitng he noticed two other shinobi approaching. He waved to them. "Hay!"

"O you have got to be kidding me." Kan said, when he saw the shinobi on the wall who was greeting them "We get him, the back luck shinobi. "That's it, were officially doomed. I mean this guy hasn't even been doing missions for years. I'm surprised he even got this far. Maybe we can loose him in the forest. Or if we're lucky he'll get taken out quickly before his luck rubs off on us."
-----------
"Umm, Haru, don't you think we should sign up and get our gate number and scroll first?" He almost laughed as they first sighed up, then marched all the way around the wall to gate 43. "So who should carry the scroll?" He looked down at it, it was an earth scroll. "Maybe I should keep it. I'm always better at holding onto stuff than you two." Besides, if push came to shove he could always just leave them behind, he liked his friends but this was just an exam, he would never leave them behind on a mission but in this test he would if he had too. "Also, since Your so bloodthirsty Haruki I say we try to take out as many of the leaf ninja as we can. No one said we could clear the way for fellow Sand Villagers."
"I could use a little more practice with my Genjutsu." Riu said. "besides, it might be fun, you never know what the other villages might have up their sleeves."

"Thinks can't be that bad" Mira responded trying to stay positive. "It's all mind over matter, if a small child is told they hate someone they eventually do, same with bad luck, if people keep and calling someone bad luck, it can make things worse". She sighed at Kan's last comment it was graduation all over. "Why do you think we are placed back in teams of three, and it's not to ditch. And I have a plan". she wrote down the details ready to destroy it once they had read it.

We need two of the same scroll we have. I am betting other teams are thinking the same thing, if we come across one of those other teams we can use it for trade, Keeping the one we were given and trading the other one we have obtained. Also if need to we can just hand over the scroll and we still have one we need for the tower. We also need to head towards the tower, timing how long it takes to get from the gate and get the tower in site, from there we have a rough idea how long it will take to get towards the tower from various points. Keeping in mind we only want to see it not go there.

" yeah if you hold you'll leave and maybe get caught beside I have a bigger advantage being more importantly scouting and managing my blind spots...plus my Jutsus are around crowd control you dummy...if you see one you will see all of them..." she smirked and stuck her tongue out trying to seem better than him, " then i have a plan then that we stick TOGETHER and basically the idea is I'll use my puppets to scout ahead and we all hide if it's clear we move up, hide and I'll send my puppets again...it really doesn't matter though with this so fine you can take it...and riu since he seems too scared to fight I guess I'll focus on protecting you a bit more of you need it...."

It very much annoying sometimes that she had to do stupid things like that, " and taking out ninja, I think we should avoid it more than anything st all unless it's another sand squad so yeah that works..."

"Sounds like a good plan to me," But that doesn't mean our new 'team mate' will agree. Besides, I don't want to get knocked off like his last team during this test."
Once they were close enough Kai jumped down from the wall to greet them in person. "I'm Kai Shizaro, nice to meet you both." He made a short bow.
"Yeah, I'm Kan," This guy was pretty tall, but he was a lot older, probably twenty four, or twenty five.
"So what exactly do you do, whats your skill set?"
"O nothing special, a little ninjutsu, a little taijutsu, I'm okay at genjutsu I guess." Great so the guy was either really modest or really a pushover."
"Well we ha better get ready Mira, the gates will be open soon and we will have to bolt." Kai nodded. Then the gate opened.
-----------------------------------------------------
Dajin looked up at the imposing gate. "These guys really like their big tall gates. So what do you think we should do when we get in there? Set up a trap? No on has ever gotten out of Riu's genjutsu, and with your puppets all we have to do is build the web and water for the flies to get caught." The gate opened and the others rushed off without him before he noticed. "Hey wait for me." He shot off after them. "Thanks for waiting for me!" He jumped back and hit the ground as a kunai struck the ground where he would have been. They had just started, and already they were under attack, but from where? He stood back up. "Did anyone see where they came from?"

"Read this quickly so it can be destroyed, bit of advice all of these teams want to know what everyone can do, don't say it in a crowd". Mira whispered down Kai ear. She then looked around at the other teams to see if there was anyone elts listening to there conversation. While bringing Cocco next to her. "I am not mad I just don't want to see anyone getting seriously hurt or worse killed over an exam".

(Who has the scroll?)

She turned around at him seeing a kunai at his feet, as her bored face suddenly turned into a wicked grin, slowly she pulled two scrolls out and laid them on the ground, biting her thumb as she summoned, "summon!" She slapped her hand on the paper as a puff of smoke appeared and cleared seeing a puppet with shaggy hair and the other with a fat body and red horns appeared to stand in front of her. " time to play crow....black ant...." suddenly she made some hand signs, " secret style: puppet master jutsu..." she said as she held her arm out to crow as her fingers had blue chakra strings appearing and moving to attach the other the end to the back of both of the puppets. Suddenly their teeth started chattering as they was now able to be guided by her. " who wants to see an amazing show...I know I do..." haruki waited to see a response to what she had done from the squad who was hiding.

Kai read it and then tossed it over his shoulder before stepping through the gate at a leisurely pace.
"Hey come on lets pick it up." Kan said.
"Why should we. Everyone else will be running around expending energy like that and we don't even know whats in this forest. I think we should take it slow until we get feel for it. O and you dropped this." He held up the scroll Kan had been holding but he had pick-pocketed. "You should really be more careful with this. I think I'll hang onto it." Kai stuck it into an inside coat pocket." An annoyed Kan glared at him.
"Fine whatever lets just go. Mira, why don't you get coco sniffing around and tracking us down some ninja to jump."
--------
At first their was no response. The three Kunai shot down from one of the trees. For all but maybe the most skilled and perceptive of shinobi it would appear that their was someone their. Really it was just a trap that had been set up, and once someone walked into it they would have a real surprise on their hand. Two of the Kunai struck crow and the other hit the dirt to were near any of them.
"There." Riu pointed just as three more hot out from another tree, one of them nearly cutting off her outstretched finger.
"Two of them." Djinn said and made a hand sign. "Earth style mud dart jutsu." Suddenly a volly of needles made from earth sot out of the ground at his feet and up to where the kunai had come from in the second tree.

She stood there having crow take some of the hits that were close to her with the knives, " screw this let's get out..." she said jumping onto another branch, " come on, I got this....secret technique! Poison fog bombardment!" Soon she moved her fingers to control him as the puppets arms folded up to shoot gas all around them to cover their escape and also clear out everyone in the trees. " let's go! Now!!!" She yelled as she turned to get away from the area. Soon the fog would take affect and it would also help them see the enemy as she pulled her own kunai looking to see if they were gonna follow and also to see if they were dumb to reveal themselves.

"You do know we don't know who can do what and who has what scroll. Cocco nearly died last exam. My grandfather forced me to bring her other wise she would still be at home. I think its best working out who can do what befoure we make a move". She picked up the paper what was tossed. "Important information is never tossed on the floor. You do know you put the whole team in danger by tossing the information like that. Think befoure you act unless you want to be in the hospital. And I will make sure you have my mother she hates it when someone has done something stupid to land them in hospital". Mira Hissed as she placed the plan in her bag. Jack jumped out and burned it. "Which one do we have?" Mira whispered down Kai ear.

"Anyone elts doesn't use there common sense and I will bite you. I don't care who it is". Jack said after burning the note then turning into his human form.

"It's only stupid if I drop it inside the fence, but not when it's outside the gate," Kai pointed to her feet. "If anyone wanted to get it they would have to take one for the team and get disqualified, assuming they would even stop to look at it and assuming they get to talk before they get caught. If we were lucky then a whole squad might be stupid enough to go after it.."
"That gates closing too Mira." Kan said. "Alright I'll put my cards down first. My think is Taijutsu, I'm good at it, but my ninjutsu is just as good as anyone else if not better. What about you?"
"Me, like I said I'm okay enough at everything and best at Genjutsu. I haven't really done anything in a while so I can't tell you how good I am right now." He looked at Mira.
------------------
Not far behind them two figures burst from the cloud after them. The were wearing respirator and their head bands were marked with the mist village stripes, they were wearing masks which must have filtered out the toxin.
"Riu, think you can stop these guys?" Dajin said.
"Yea.'' she landed on a tree limb and turned around before quickly making her hand signs "paralysis." She stared out and locked eyes with the two ninja suddenly froze. Then it was Dajin's turn. "Earth style, hangman's branch." Suddenly a pair of limps whipped out and intercepted the ninja flying through the air, and wrapped them up tight. "I wouldn't suggest moving guys, the more you do, the more they will constrict. "I'll let you go for your scroll?"
"Tough luck, you can search us if you want but e don't have it. Our partner does, and he's probably a mile away by now." Dajin's smile vanished. "Crap."

" so they were going after ours but how the hell did they see us..." she turned around, " how the hell were you even prepared for my smoke too? I bet you were spying even before this...hmph maybe we could use these guys as bait then, we could trap one inside black ant and I don't know about the other. And those locks can't be broken or destroyed, only opened by chakra strings..." she said bringing both her puppets standing behind them with crows knives and black ants spiked arms. " or just leave them here...I really wanna try my black ant secret technique..." she said with a pout "but maybe I could if we do that bait plan...anytime I could have crow do it..." Haruki crossed her and and leaned against the tree with a sighjust waiting then.

"And if someone has an ability to get things from outside the fence? Such as our villages shadow position, sand villages wind". Mira said hands on hips. She hated pointing out the obvious. "I have a special type of chokura. Called Sunlight Chokura. It gives me the ability to heal surface wombs and to summon most living things I can picture into this world. There is a catch, as you can see by Jack they have there own free will meaning they only listen and help if they want to, also I don't send them back they go on there own, so they could easily go on a rampage like the tailed beasts did befoure we were born, also my limit is three a day and the reason why Jack won't leave till the exam is over. There is only two I can summon without that risk. Jack is a kitsune. A type of fire fox what takes on both human and fox form. Oh he doesn't bluff neither. The other one not many can see. My parents thought she was an imagine friend. A ghost called Holly. She was from the clan what could travel to all the villages and deliver what we all needed and was killed not far from our village, 11 years ago. She appeared a few months befoure my abilities appeared. If you can see ghosts she is quite nice".

Jack went into Mira's bag pulled out a cap to cover his ears and a long coat to cover his tail. "Anyone know if all the gates are the same distance from the tower?" He asked as Mira shrugged her shoulders.

"In theory. Towers at the center and all the gate are equally distant from it. I guess it depends on how accurate the original survey way."
"I should have been pretty good." Kan said. "So lets get moving. Even if we are walking it's better than standing still and letting someone set up an ambush around us."
"Or worse. The ninja aren't the only dangerous things in this forest. So besides healing and summoning jutsu what can you do?" He asked as they started to push forward. "Then their was the sound of voices.
"Cover," Said Kan before dashing into a bush. Just as a group of shinobi from the land of lightening passed by. This would be fun. He and Mira would have to take the bad luck ninja, and go after a full squad. At least they had surprise.
--------------
"Lets go girls." Dajin said before jumping off through the trees. Once they were far enough away he said. "Lets come back around and set up an ambush. We'll wait for that stray shinobi to come back around, Haru, you're always eager to use your puppets, why don't you get him?' He turned around and took a wide arc to get behind them and into cover. He didn't know where Riu or Haru were but they would be in good positions. They had to wait for about half an hour before finally their friend came down to try and break out the other two. Haru was really proud of all those puppets, now they would get to find out if she was right to be so proud.

Mira dragged Jack with her as she could tell he was going to stay in the open. Biting her lip she winked at her team mated then summoned Holly. This was going to be interesting to see if they could see her or not. Holly grabbed there scroll standing in front of them she placed the scroll and to those who can't see ghosts would look like it's floating in the air. When Holly placed it in her cloths it vanished. "I had no idea she would do that". Mira mouthed to Kan. If they can see Holly Mira had no clue on what was going to happen next.

As she decided to wait, leaning against a high branch with leaves as she just sat their and waited with a sigh, even having a bit to sleep as she woke with a stretch, standing up as she saw someone. Soon she tutned crow around as he jumped downwith a smoke bomb falling toward the target, as she used black ant to go around and behind to try and trap them inside them as its stomach opened then closed, hearing the locks. Soon she jumped down to see if she did catch them as she knocked on his stomach, " you there??" She asked having the other check around.

Kai didn't know what was going on, but he was not sure he liked it. He saw the scroll levitating in the air, and vanish. He didn't like any of this. Suddenly their was a great explosion, when the smoke cleared the three shinobi were now three logs. A substitution. They probably ha a few fake bomb scrolls on them, and now they knew someone was around. Suddenly he heard leaves rush behind him and he jumped out of cover just as someone tried to stab him. To more closed in and he found himself ducking and dodging they slashed. He aid nothing though. Hopefully his comrades would stay in cover, it was best if they helped him their and didn't reveal themselves and give their game away.
---------------
"Shove it! Now let me out of this thing." He demanded and knocked and kicked and shifted the puppet prison around a bit.
"If you give us your scroll we will." Riu said.
"If I don't?" One he had the consequences of not turning it over he became much more pliable. When it finally opened and he tumbled out he rubbed his head and produced his scroll. It was the same one they had.
"Well that's great, all that for nothing." Then their was a slithering sound, like a snake, a very, very, big one. "What was that?"

"Holly the whole idea was to find out if they could see you. Not steal off them". Mira said getting annoyed "And doing it that way is just cocky". She looked at Jack to see what he was up to. Having a foxes instincts meant he could never be fully tamed also never know exactly what he was going to do next.
He disappeared into a tree collecting pine cones.
Mira shook her head at him as they were still green and were not ready to fall to the ground just yet. Also she didn't know if they acted like a bomb when lit while they were still maturing. She went into her bag and started to put together a metal bow. She had to wait for an opening otherwise she will end up hitting Kai. She looked at Kan to see if he could do anything what won't put Kai in danger.

She just rolled her eyes, " the only thing I really wanted to know is why attack us, it might be for a scroll but still..." she simply shrugged and crossed her arms, " well whatever now that I have the puppets out I'll be doing my scouting run over there...." she said pointing to a bush that wasn't far from them as she turned to jump into it sending her puppets out to the forest ahead of them.

"Ahh" Kan growled in frustration as he leaped out and made a hand sign, "Fire tongue jutsu!" Two tongues of fire shot from his mouth and wrapped around to of the shinobi then the two shinobi burst into smoke, they were logs? A substitution jutsu. The one Kai was fighting also substituted and the three took off.
"Lets go!" Kan said and took off in pursuit. Kai was behind him. They kept going until suddenly, in a dark part of the forest, they just lost the three of them. Then they heard a sound, like a slithering snake.
----------------
As her puppet went out to scout ahead a snake big enough to swallow a live horse leaped up and snapped it's jaw shut, the puppet disappeared into it's mouth before gong back down into the forest.
"Holy crap!?" Dajin shouted. "I think we should get out of here before he gets back.

She pulled her strings, as she could feel her puppets body detach, "secret technique: jack in the box..." she said as she moved her arm. Inside the snakes mputhcrow had searched all its parts turning them into blades as it stabbed themselves all around the snakes mouth hoping to get through and get the snake poisoned through the stabs. " I hope he does come back...cause I wanna try something..." she said hoping it would and waiting.

"Cocco try and get us near the gate so we know where we are, Holly you had better show us that scroll you stole". Mira said going to make a summon. It was going to be something whats meant to be in the area, a simple sparrow so if it didn't want to help it could live here without harming anyone, but when she heared the snake the image changed in her mind as she pictured a Great blue heron. "Oh shit I am not sure I can get that thing to see reason". Mira blurted out as the bird was large enough to ride on. "Sorry sorry sorry". She kept on saying to her team mates. For now it was focused on the snake but there was no saying what it will do afterwards.

The snake, as it turned out, was far bigger than it looked from bellow, in fact it was just as big, if not bigger than the bird, and it was coming closer fast.
"Ok, first, no more summons, second, Run!" He started to leap away as the sake came up and attacked the bird. Kai was starting to get the feeling that these guys were bad luck.

Kan was convinced now that Kai was bad luck. Their was a giant snake behind them, who knows what in front of them. This really sucked. Their was someone up ahead, wait, was he holding a kunai?
======================

"I don't know if I should be more afraid of you, Riu, or the snake?" Djin said. Giant snakes and genjutsu were scary, but did they rally compare to puppets? He decides that the wooden dolls were far more likely to kill him, there for more scary. "Why don't we jut get out of here before... Who are those guys?" Two new shinobi had appeared off in the distance. They threw Kunai at them and then rushed past, jumping off through the forest. Djinn and Riu dashed after them. Besides the fact that they had just attacked, they might have the scroll they needed.

"Your scared of a snake? In terms of Jutsu then get your ass kicked by riu but with a physical fight with my puppets then..." she just stopped like that as pulled out a scroll to summon another crow, following behind then breaking ahead of them as she chased the others down, " poison mist rain!" She said aiming to shoot more of the poison gas in the air so it would spread to the ground ahead of the ones who attacked.

"It was meant to be a sparrow, a small one what normally lives in this area. Something what can show us a way out of here but if it didn't want to help it was no threat. When I heard the snake a bird of pray what eats them popped into my mind. I am sorry I screwed up". Mira said. "It may eat snakes but I have never summoned one befoure. Also it's much larger than it's kind we see in the wild, like I have already said they have free will it's up to them when they go back and help or not. It can easily turn on us once it's eaten the snake".

"Learn from my mistake when i was a cub. Snakes have poor eye site and are attracted to fire". Jack responded

"Holly show us the scroll you stole". Mira said as a heaven scroll floated in the air. "Kai you can tell quicker than the rest of the squad on mission. Is it the real thing?"

Kai didn't need to do anything to tell it was a fake, it was smoking.
"paper bomb!" He threw a kunai to try and get rid of it but the figure up ahead threw their own and deflected his. Kan jumped forward and grabbed Mira as the explosion sent them all flying. Kai landed with the others. "Is everyone all right?"
"I'm a bit singed but okay," Kan reported, "Mira?" Once she had reported Kan looked up at the figure as he turned to leave. "After him!" Kan was the first to go, Kai wanted to tell him to hold on for a moment but it was to late. All he could do was follow, and see where things would lead. They rushed off through the forest, getting into a diffrent part of the wooods, then they joined up with a third ninja.
--------------------------
The attackers jumped over the cloud. Dajin and Riu ding the same only moments later. "Careful with the poison Haruki!" Poison was all well and good when they weren't in literal running battle moving toward the enemy, but he didn't not wan to die because of his poison and puppet happy squad mate. He threw a trio of shurikens at them that were deflected.
"Riu, got any gen that will work on them?"
"Not with them moving like this."
"Haru, do something with your puppets. Suddenly they jumped up into the trees and the sand shinobi followed. These guys wee just running, they were going somewhere he was sure, but where? Then they joined up with a third shinobi, what the heck where they doing.
"I think we need to stop and regroup, somethings going on here, wee being bated," Said Dajin. Before he stopped and grabbed both the girls to stoop them. Waiting and watching, three leaf shinobi passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom