Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Complexing World

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, this is the United Superhuman Task Force complex, home to abnormal humans and/or creatures with supernatural abilities or superpowers. We are known to investigate crimes or reports not only here in Japan, but across the globe. We are currently still investigating about Streg Corps Research and Development and their corporate leader." Akemi explained to him.

Twirling his revolver, he heard the howls of retreat from the remaining three werewolves, as they quickly ran through the alleys to their desired destination, not that Leon expressed any care of where it was. He killed one more than he planned, but the one that did was a bit more of an alpha, so a fair bit stronger, and quite ferocious to those of the same gender... which happened to be male. Clearly, of all of them, this alpha was able to pick up on Leon's werewolf genetics, artificial as they were, and that caused him to attack. Of course, no words were going to tell his contractor the difference between an alpha and ordinary werewolves. Leon's chest had a number of claw slashes from some of the wolves having gotten close to him, his left wing appeared slightly misaligned and just mangled as well and one particular scratch across his nose was made evident as blood dripped from it. Nonetheless, the cuts were healing and sealing over, the blood of his was drying quickly on top of it and crusting into a darkened powder, with the Neot regaining his composure. He was just a little over his head for that one, but he made it out alive; it just meant he could not fly until his right wing becomes realigned and healed, which could take some time as the wing had nothing from his werewolf genetics connected to it, so it would be at least a week.

Leon went through four-cylinders' worth of revolver ammunition as a result of this encounter, and his claymore saw a pair of decapitations as well. Above all, Leon found it to be a normal day at work, or night, as the case may be. His body can take a beating where a standard human's could not; he did, however, prefer to have remained human, and his brother to have remained caring to the lives of those who work and serve him. But such betrayal remained as a steadfast hatred that just could not be lifted after what had happened that day... That day, Leon, along with Streg and four corporation highly-trained professionals, were to take down an emerald dragon; Leon knew not what happened to the dragon itself, but he knew he was overpowered and thrown into a very solid wall, leaving his body broken, yet not dead.

"Only five were killed... three fled before I could get the weapons reloaded and ready. All I can recommend is to get some silver around here so they won't come around these parts... at least, not in wolf form. Five heads at seven-fifty a head... comes to thirty-five hundred even." Leon worked business; unlike the previous contractor, this one was good to their word, counting out the money, and handing it to him. If only more people were that cooperative, but alas, there wasn't a thing that Leon can say or do to change the world as a whole...

"...So, how's that little bug functioning on one of our 'acquaintances'?" The half-elven man turned to face the one who entered his office; there had been a conversation happening between them for a while, the contents nothing of great value. Streg, clad in his white-in-color businessman suit, with his katana sheathed firmly at his side, right hand holding his wine glass while giving it a few swirls, before he took a couple sips.

"You'll be happy to know that we've narrowed down possible locations for the complex that opposes our company's beliefs. We have yet enough information to make an offensive on their location, Lord Streg. And it remains undetected, thanks to your magnificent enchantment on it!" The woman in a business suit spoke; she was a full-blooded elf, surprising how one would become under the influence of a half-breed unless something brought her attention... or something else entirely.

"Very good. One more thing... just before you are dismissed. That werewolf call we had that 'friend' of ours made... I trust that my dear brother answered to its call?" Streg asked, his eyes having a firm glow behind them as they watched the woman firmly.

"Myth Hunter Leon came to the call; five of the eight dispatched were killed, one of them being the alpha... Three heart shots with rounds of silver, two were decapitated before they could recover from their injuries enough to fight back. Lord Streg, if that is enough information, then..." The woman would begin, after Streg emptied the contents of his glass with a content smile and relaxing sigh.

"The Neot Alpha serum becomes available as soon as possible; for the right price, one injection will be enough to make any human as strong and ferocious as five werewolves, reflexes of ten lions, and all the sensitivities and location prowess of seven bats, while retaining the generic human mindsets and bodies, making for the perfect warriors. The basic Neot serum was but a test to see if the combination worked... five years of observation, as well as improving upon the mixtures, and it surpassed my expectations. Dear brother... you have been of more use to me than I ever thought you could. Ha ha ha..." Streg would give out a light chuckle, looking at the jumbo TV in the office... which was focused on Leon, who finished up his deal, pocketing the cash, and on finding the camera, shot at the lens, causing the screen to turn to static. It mattered not what happened to the cameras; they were repaired on a daily basis should any be damaged by the very best and loyal of workers. "Soon, brother Leon... you will come to understand why I did what I did; vengeance will no longer cloud that steeled, closed off heart of yours. And you will see the light that is my vision... emperor, of a balanced world where oppression and discrimination will no longer exist between all species... if they are all just the same thing."

Someone else is watching Leon from the shadows. It's not Akemi, since she is with Garnet. This unknown female individual is wearing cybernetic suit to cover her body, a cybernetic neko helmet to protect her identity, and is not a threat to anyone, even to Leon. The only thing is the cat tail, which is black and is obscured by the darkness. The mysterious female runs off and disappears into the darkness before Leon even notice.

01001100 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00001010 00101110 00101110 00101110

Cyberspace, the Matrix, online, whatever you call it; there is a world that coexists within this future city. Glimpses of it can be seen with Augmented reality or even experienced with the proper cyber-ware, but for some, they can enter and manipulate this world. Enter CHa05, a 'local' of this reality, just doing some Digital B&E (Breaking and entering). According to some sources, Streg Corps is up to something they want hidden for now, so time to test how much of the budget went for digital defense. Lets start with the USTF Complex. Seems there are a few points to access; an android, some cybernetics, and security cameras. CHa05, in her cyberspace cloak, begins to weave code and 'programs' and few bugs that looks like oversized mosquitoes with cybernetic implants and a syringe for the needle nose.

"Alright bugs, get me visual and audio, if able, on these three targets (Android, camera, cybernetic)."

The the command stated, they fly off and begin to try and subtly access and stream to Cha05 what they can, running what a hacker would call standard protocols to gain access to Cameras and audio devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom