Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's a RP craving you want so bad but can't seem to make happen? (SEE PINNED POST)

Hi all, please keep in mind that if you see a craving you're interested in, please privately message the member that posted it. Please do not discuss RP or offer to RP others' cravings in this thread. Thank you!

SweetKissHardBite said:
Fandoms seem a touchy subject, everyone seems to have their own and very few that match, I'm a big DBZ fan but somehow, I never saw it 'that way'

This I can understand. I'm not really a cannon character player though, I know that I can never match the perception people have of a character, so I just try to not risk it really and fuck up the character. When I play in a fandom, I use the setting more then the characters.

It's not a terribly serious craving, but I have an idea that I affectionately call "I Fucked the Greatest Minds of My Generation." Essentially a series of one shots about bedding the most brilliant minds in history, because intelligence is a serious panty dropper.

xanaphia said:
It's not a terribly serious craving, but I have an idea that I affectionately call "I Fucked the Greatest Minds of My Generation." Essentially a series of one shots about bedding the most brilliant minds in history, because intelligence is a serious panty dropper.

I actually really like that idea, Xana.

As for mine. For the life of me, I still can't find that nerdy, bespectacled, bun-haired, pencil skirted and button-bloused librarian with a secret naughty side, to write a male character opposite of!

Am I being a little too specific, I wonder?

sirix said:
SweetKissHardBite said:
Fandoms seem a touchy subject, everyone seems to have their own and very few that match, I'm a big DBZ fan but somehow, I never saw it 'that way'

This I can understand. I'm not really a cannon character player though, I know that I can never match the perception people have of a character, so I just try to not risk it really and fuck up the character. When I play in a fandom, I use the setting more then the characters.

I often play OC in fandoms. I also write canons and try to respect them as much as possible - but I will develop what needs to be developed.

RedRose said:
sirix said:
SweetKissHardBite said:

I often play OC in fandoms. I also write canons and try to respect them as much as possible - but I will develop what needs to be developed.

Which is a good approach. I just also know I can't play with established traits and what not. I want to go my own way too much.

sirix said:
RedRose said:
sirix said:

Which is a good approach. I just also know I can't play with established traits and what not. I want to go my own way too much.

I really need the character(s) and/or pairing to fascinate me in order to do fandom. ;)

LR-Studios said:
Murder mystery RP, hard to find some that looked promising.

It's quite hard for some people to write a good mystery collaboratively. Each person sees what someone writes or conveying thoughts and it affecting behavior. I think the best way would likely be to have it set up DnD style where there's an outside party kind of moderating it and the parties can talk to each other but not as obviously and no one outright gives it away for it to work. Many folk rush to a conclusion rather than building the suspense and some people get, burnt out.

So far no one has accepted my 日本人の知らない日本語 (Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo) roleplay request. I assume that is because the show is not widely known in English speaking countries.

BTW, if you're learning Japanese, you should check out this show. It is very funny, has enough slapstick to maintain interest when you don't understand what is said, and centers on a teacher of Japanese to foreign students.

Anansi said:
LR-Studios said:
Murder mystery RP, hard to find some that looked promising.

It's quite hard for some people to write a good mystery collaboratively. Each person sees what someone writes or conveying thoughts and it affecting behavior. I think the best way would likely be to have it set up DnD style where there's an outside party kind of moderating it and the parties can talk to each other but not as obviously and no one outright gives it away for it to work. Many folk rush to a conclusion rather than building the suspense and some people get, burnt out.
I see why. Often hard to pull off.

There's been a few this year specifically:

1) Blindspot RP (TV Show/ Fanfiction) - Not many people watch this show!

2) Male Celebrity x Non-Celebrity, particularly a spy/agent - Not huge interest from anyone to play a male celebrity.

3) The Purge: Anarchy (Film/ franchise) - A lot of people associate The Purge franchise with the first film (which I found so horribly stupid), instead of with the second film, which is actually so much more fascinating, psychological, and psychosocial. This film really highlights issues in our modern society, such as capitalism, racism, politics, discrimination and poverty.

4) Star Wars - REALLY hard to find people who are willing to play outside of the stereotypical pairings such as "Sith x Jedi", "Jedi x Bountry Hunter", "Bounty Hunter x Slave", etc. etc. I find it difficult to find a partner that has an interesting character to play. They are normally generic.

5) Canon x OC - I really, really love playing Original Characters. But it's really hard to get people who are willing to pair a Canon to an OC, especially for superhero themes. Partners normally want to play their own OC, or are the same as me and want to pair their own OC to a female Canon.

6) As mention, SO HARD to find partners for dystopian RPs, or even post-apocalyptic or apocalyptic RP plots that are not also superrrrrrrr generic.

7) Disney/ Fairytale plots - These plots/characters NORMALLY get a hell of a lot of attention, but the problem here is it's a lot of request from people who are more geared towards ultra smut (find the princess/character hot and just want to RP bone them) rather than plot-driver storylines and dark romance.

8) Historical content - I'm a huge history buff and nerd, so I have a massive request thread based solely on cravings for different time periods. It's hard to find partners with the same historical passion as I have.

9) OH AND STRANGER THINGS - Nope. Had one amazing partner, but he unfortunately went on hiatus a while ago and has not yet returned.

That about sums it up!

Ps:
For links to all of my request threads, you can check out my signature! ^-^

I don't know if this quite counts, since part of the idea is quite recent, but it starts with this cosplay shoot that I ran into a few years ago. Steve "Captain America" Rogers is the visitor from "man's world" that crashes on Themscrya and motivates Diana to try and bring peace to the warring nations. (A love triangle with Peggy Carter is optional but certainly on the table. Or, you know, wherever. ;) )

I got reminded of this watching a Wonder Woman trailer, though, and the ideas flooded in. What if Peggy gets herself dosed with the serum that slowed Nick Fury's aging in the comics. She ends up the virtually unaging super spy leader of SHIELD (picture Haley Atwell with an eyepatch), aided by "Diana Prince". They get to fight the Cold War in the shadows against SMERSH and the Soviet Union's top agents - the Black Widow and the Winter Soldier. Superheroes meet 50s noir and 'big science' and then 60s spy thrillers.

And that's before Steve is rediscovered, as Hydra pushes Kennedy towards brinksmanship over Soviet missiles in Cuba...

Yeah. I tend not to come up with simple ideas.

It seems very difficult to find raceplay and some historical settings.

As an aside. If you're really looking for a not so typical Star Wars story shoot me a PM with what you're wanting.

Oh yes, many historical settings are very hard to find, especially if you go for realism in language and behaviour.

Totally agree!
I have a massive historical request thread with different time periods and it's very difficult to find roleplayers who are not only willing, but who are qualified / possess the knowledge of the time period that is required.

I enjoy playing canon characters. I have a list, and I should probably work on adding to it, but aside from the superheros they don't seem to be that popular which is sad. I'd love to be able to write some characters from One Piece.

RedRose said:
Oh yes, many historical settings are very hard to find, especially if you go for realism in language and behaviour.

Yes. A lot of people do try to interject modern behavior that just doesn't fit. Language? Ill admit that sometimes Im lacking in.

TheCorsair said:

Is that why our rps are so convoluted? I thought it was my fault. :p

Still craving a noire jazz singer/mafia rp. A lounge singer in a evening gown, belting out number with a rich, earthy voice is the very definition of sexy. If only I could get an rp to last more than a dozen posts... T.T

Temptationist said:
BennyQ said:
xanaphia said:
If only I could get an rp to last more than a dozen posts... T.T

That in itself ought to count as a craving for me lol.

Pfffffffffffffft.
We did way more than a dozen posts! ;)

Wasn't referring to ours, otherwise I might have said "having an RP last more than a dozen PAGES" which is just more unrealistic lol.

xanaphia said:
TheCorsair said:

Is that why our rps are so convoluted? I thought it was my fault. :p

Oh, I'm pretty sure we alternate whose turn it is to complicate the plot... :)

Still craving a noire jazz singer/mafia rp. A lounge singer in a evening gown, belting out number with a rich, earthy voice is the very definition of sexy. If only I could get an rp to last more than a dozen posts... T.T

Damnit! Stop tempting me!

Aidler said:
RedRose said:

Yes. A lot of people do try to interject modern behavior that just doesn't fit. Language? Ill admit that sometimes Im lacking in.

I won't be checking whether a precise word was already in use in 1671, but I can't stand modern slang in a historical piece.

Back
Top Bottom