Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I hate this time of night...

I like the dark. Keeps prying eyes away!
And I'm on!
I've even been know to be chatty at times!

So...you're not alone on here. Not tonight.

Really late at night can be a good time if you let yourself view it as such

Just take a deep breath and think of the positives of quiet

I like to think of it as meaning my kids are being good for once
But also it gives you the ability to clear your mind and just take a moment to take a deep breath to steady yourself.

:heart:

You're not alone!

It's kinda hard to do that when a lot of my thoughts arnt really my own...

Would it help you if you played music?

I did a quick search and found a page that shows some ideas to do when you're hearing voices

• Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it when you start to hear the voices.
  • Play music that you really like. It doesn't matter how loud the music is but how much you like it.
  • Keep a log of things that are happening / what you're doing before they start so that you can possibly find triggers.

They also link a support group that is on yahoo - here is the group.

Movement? That's different.

Do you have a therapist that you can call? I have a friend who had similar issues but she saw static figures and they were able to get her on some medications that helped her with what she was seeing. Medication isn't always ideal because it does have an adjustment period but it can help you find a way towards something that helps to ease your mind

Therapy is too much of a pain for something that has had a pretty high failure rate for me.

And I take far too much medication as it is.

I dont have many options left.

Damn. I'm so sorry to hear that

Do you have any support groups in your area? Or any friends that can be with you when you're having episodes? I know it can help to have someone close to you there if you need someone to help you through it.

No, I dont. I hardly have IRL friends or internet friends and I cant trust my family to support me.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Icelandic. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I can talk over PM if you would rather not have your business aired for all the board to see.

That's okay, I understand.

Other than the quiet, how is your night going?

Okay, let's talk about something good, then.

What's your favorite book? Can you tell me about your favorite character from that book?

Okay, that's fine

What about music? Do you want to talk about that?

Some firsthand advice?

Seek refuge in logic. The world is rational, even if your mind is not. Whenever you see things, hear things, or think things, check the logic. Is there a reason for you to be seeing/hearing/thinking this? If not, it is a delusion, and should be ignored. If need be, check for something making the shadows, or sound, however it appears to you. You will never find anything, naturally. Not finding something means there is nothing to find. Use this to reinforce the logic.

This is only what works for me. I pray it is of some small value to you. I've been where you are, and would give anything to spare you that suffering. Nobody should have to fight their own mind, but it's a fight you can win.

Don't need to overthink it. If you take a glance at my journal, you'll find plenty of times where I vented my psychosis for posterity. I don't expect it to make sense to anyone, but putting it outside my head feels good. If you feel an urge to say something, then free that urge, let it run, and tire itself out. It's not like anyone here could do anything with anything you say - You're rather isolated from us, geographically - and it's good practice anyway.

Of course, if you have no desire to speak, that's fine too. I appreciate the acknowledgement, at least~

If there's anything I can do that may help, you're welcome to ask. I can't promise that I'll be able to do anything, but I'd be happy to try. If not, then please rest assured that you're in good company here, and try to take some solace in a safe harbor.

Im not taking more medication then what I am now. All of my fucking psychiatrists have been are just glorified and state sanctioned drug dealers that push medicine that are equivalent to sugar pills that poison kill my liver.

Yeah, medication's a pisser. I don't take any anymore, but I did for years. Ended up being simple zoloft that helped the most. No panic attacks meant no violence, one and done, and with a few years practice I learned to do it without meds. The most important thing is to be functional, though. It's better to be a zombie that gets things done than be fully unleashed and tear yourself apart.

Generic name is sertraline. It's a pretty standard SSRI, for depression and anxiety. Some people have a really bad reaction, but it's about as low-grade as these sorts of things go.

Back
Top Bottom