Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

☢A World on the Brink☢ ::[Haru|Dreaming]::

Haruchai

As you wish.
Like so many other worlds, the world of Harrow is home to great heroes and the most vile of villains. People who wish to preserve the world and treat it with care, and those who want to twist it into a vision of their own making and subjugate all others to their will. Harrow was once a world that was full of pristine forests and the races there lived in harmony with one another. However, nearly five thousand years ago, Demons invaded the world, seeking to put the races of Harrow under their heels and enslave them. Of course, they found opposition from the natives, and eventually they were driven back, and sealed away. However, as time progresses, the races of Harrow find themselves at odds. Magic and technology now coexist side by side, though some view this as harmful to the world since technology can only exist by mining the planet for crystals known as materia, or orbments.

The races known as the Old Races, dwarves and elves, find their numbers dwindling, and humans continue to thrive, their population growing. The pneumafera, disparagingly known as 'animal people' are also becoming more abundant, though they tend to shy from the more densely populated areas. These frictions between the races keep Harrow on the brink of large conflicts, and smaller skirmishes are quite common in areas where humans seek to expand their territories.

jhLrpyk.gif

Hellyot Ancellar stalked through the great Sylvanyr Forest. Though well known all along the Coast of Straits as a swordsman without peer, the man known as Hell was also a decent archer, and it was also a well known fact that one did not hunt for their dinner with a blade. Not this prey anyway. He'd tracked the stag for the last several hours, the soft loamy earth making the trail easy to follow. It had only been about thirty minutes following the trail when Hell had realized he was not the only thing tracking the stag. He could not be sure, but he'd heard of more than one tale proclaiming this area of the forest held an ogre or two. Of the sylvan variety of course, but no less dangerous than their more ill-tempered cousins.

Hell had cursed his luck, but a man had to eat and the stag was already wounded. The former soldier was a long way from home, but then he no longer controlled exactly where he was traveling. His purse needed to be fed as much as he did, and so he found himself drawn wherever he could get paid. As such, the last few weeks had been interesting. He'd been hired by a man in Reyksalar and had headed West, along the Salvation River, heading toward the Salvation Sea. The river was much too dangerous and so they'd decided that traveling by airship was the best and most expedient course of action. The airship that Hell and his small band of men had been put on was rather old, a steam powered airship. It was large and well armed, and certainly better than horseback or river barge. Of course, spotters had been put along the rails, but they'd only seen the incoming attacks when it was too late.

Funny how the elves lamented the mining of the earth for the ingredients for blasting powder and yet had little qualms about using the same to fight their enemies. The bombs had breached the hul easy enough, and things had been alright until one penetrated into the engine room, igniting their own store of coal. The explosion had been fierce, literally ripping the ship in two as it plummeted into the forest. Hell was the only survivor as far as he knew, as he'd run across plenty of bodies, most mangled by the crash or horribly burned by the fires. Whether his survival was a blessing or a curse, it seemed his reputation as being the 'unkillable man' was being put to the test. Gathering what supplies he could, Hell had left the wreckage behind. By his estimation he was roughly one hundred miles or so from Ariannu. Which put him well into the territories of the elves. Who he was rather sure had been the ones to shoot down the airship.

A sound off to his right brought Hell's movements to an abrupt stop, and the man hunkered down, dark eyes peering through the brush. As he watched, one of what could only be the sylvan-touched ogres came into view. The humanoid was large, standing some ten feet in height, and half again as wide. Moss colored fur covered much of its body, and the great brute lifted its face upward, nostrils flaring as it sniffed the air. Hell cursed silently to himself. The black fur mantle he wore smelled of smoke from the wreckage but he was loathe to be rid of it. Deftly he reached into one of the pouches at his belt, his index finger rubbing along the figure there. His steed, Silvermane, waited to be called, and Hell knew he could make good his escape, but then what? He still needed to eat.

With a sigh he withdrew his hand from the pouch, and keeping his eyes on the brute that small distance away, he nocked an arrow and began to draw back the bow. If he could get one good shot he could put the shaft through the ogre's eye and end it swiftly. He didn't fancy getting into a physical altercation with the beast. He had little doubt that he would come out on the better end of the exchange but he was trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible. Who knew where the elves were that he was sure had brought down the ship? Maybe they were satisfied seeing the ship full of interlopers ripped asunder and crash to the earth, or maybe they had sent scouting parties to make sure that all aboard were dead. Hell had no idea, and he was determined not to stay in one place for too long and find out.

That was when he saw it, perhaps ten yards behind the ogre, the stag. His arrow stuck out of the hindquarters, blood dripping down its leg. It had been a bad shot, obviously, and the stag would take days to die from such a wound - if ever. Now was his chance though, if he could get a clear shot he could get a kill and have food for several days. But that damned ogre... Hell needed to kill it or drive it off somehow. An arrow to any part of its body that didn't kill it outright would just piss it right off. Just then the ogre lowered its' head and those green eyes settled in Hell's direction. The man froze, arrow nocked, but bow undrawn, as he waited to see what the brute might do.

A cold wet nose to the face was not something Keishara Valmaris would ever get used to. Soon that nose turned into a large paw on her stomach out of excitement that she was finally waking up. “Get off,” she grunted shoving the large beast that huffed in protest only to bound off the bed with a large thud. All it took was that loud thud for Keishara to spring up from the bed causing her other furry companion to bolt up in surprise as it was flung to the floor. Keishara immediately glared at the large feline Asim who merely sat on his haunches licking one of his front paws as if he had done nothing. Just as Keishara had feared, the door to her room opened with her mother, Lady Gemstarzah, standing in the doorway. The look on her mother's face said all that needed to be said, Keishara was her mother’s biggest disappointment. “Again, you defy me and bring that beast into our home,” the words sounded almost strained as they left Gem’s lips and Shara wondered if the vein in her neck would pop at any moment. “You are no longer a child Keishara. Why do you insist on being one?” her mother droned on as Shara merely rolled her eyes. “May I get dressed mother?” she asked with a mocking tone receiving a nasty glare before her mother stormed from the room. Shara let out a deep sigh as she turned to glare at Asim who merely looked at her with a grin. “Next time you are staying outside,” she stated only to have Asim throw his head back silently laughing at her.

That was how practically every morning went for Keishara since the day her father had passed in the war with the demons. Still vivid in her memory she could recall the day they received the news, her mother collapsing onto the ground a sobbing mess having lost the one man she truly loved. From that day forward Keishara had never seen her mother wear anything other than black and her happy demeanor had turned into a bitter one. It caused the two to fight constantly never seeing eye-to-eye and failing at the simple task of communication. So already in a frustrated mood, Shara finished dressing before yanking her longbow off the wall and picking up the quiver of arrows beside the door. There was no way she’d be staying in her home longer than she needed, not when there was a vast forest to explore that she loved so dearly. Asim followed behind her nudging her in the back to move faster before growling when the home guardian Chizbo pounced up onto his back and finally leaped off Asim’s head to perch itself upon Shara’s shoulder. They were her entourage that went everywhere with her and she’d have it no other way.

“Where do you think you are going, young lady?” Her mother bellowed knowing exactly where her daughter was headed. Gen did not approve of it for a second. “Out, “ Shara replied as she stood there waiting for her mother’s verbal lashing. For a second there was just silence. Gemstarzah just could not believe how stubborn her daughter was and wondered why out of all her traits her child had to get that one. “You are aware that Lord Zhoron’s son has taken an interest in you? Running off to put your life in danger to hunt down an Ogre is ill-befitting of a maiden and this is the first suitor who has presented himself,” her mother stressed her hand going to her brow to rub her temple in agitation. Three seasons, three seasons and not a single eligible bachelor wanted her wild and reckless daughter. Now that one has presented himself, Shara would not even give him the time of day. All Gem wanted was what was best for her daughter but she felt like her daughter fought her every step of the way. “Just be back here… and dressed appropriately. I agreed to you attending a dinner with him,” Gem explained getting the nastiest glare from her daughter.

Shara was beyond pissed, Alvaro Sylran, Zhoron’s son was a narcissistic prick. “Polish your apology because I am not going to attend,” she responded clenching her bow tighter as she stalked to the door. “Do not slander this families name,” her mother snapped to receive the response, “Then you should have never set up that dinner without my consent!” The second Shara stepped outside she inhaled deeply letting the calm of the forest relax her nerves. Old man Dohlran sat on a nearby bench. “Another fight?” he asked chuckling heartily at the annoyed look on Shara’s face. “Be safe out there today, I’ve heard discussions that they’ve spotted one of the ogres. I’d tell you not to go but I know you a courageous to the point of recklessness like your father,” he rattled off glad to see a smile on the young woman’s face. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll bring back the ogres head for you,” she replied with a grin before jumping on Asim’s back and taking off across the bridges until the were on the forest floor.

MXhuHWA.png

The morning had turned to afternoon, and soon the afternoon was headed into the evening. Shara was beginning to lose hope as the hours passed and she could find no signs of the ogre. About ready to give up she’d laid herself across Asim who padded across the forest floor at a brisk and gleeful pace to be out in the wild again. It was the moment he halted to a stop and lowered to the ground that she got the message. Quickly she got back into a low-seated position to see what was going. This was like nothing she’d seen before, a human, one of the two ogres and one of the great stags. At first, she was fascinated to lay eyes on a human having heard about them and seen illustrations but never encountered one in real life. The second thing she noticed that upset her was the arrow sticking out of the stag’s leg. How could someone do that? Her eyes were back on the human noticing the arrow notched in his bow, the same one in the stag’s leg. So the fact she felt an urge to help the strange man deplored her. She deemed herself completely mad as she readied her bow in the shadows of the trees hidden from view.

All that could be heard in the distance was a clicking sound of someone’s tonguing against the roof of his or her mouth. In seconds Asim leaped out from where they hid his teeth bared, his jaw ready to clamp down on the ogre, and claws ready to sink into the monsters tough flesh. Left in his stead was Keishara who let an arrow fly perfectly aimed for the back of the Stag’s skull to put the animal out of its suffering. They were a duo that needed no form of communication to know exactly what the other needed. With another clicking with her tongue, she signaled for Asim to take off after he’d agitated the ogre enough to be the creatures sole target. Asim had full confidence he could outrun the beast without any issues. Kieshara, on the other hand, disappeared into the tree line again; her target was now the human.

Never once taking her eyes off the ogre that Asim scratched and bit Kieshara closed the distance between her and the strange man. Clenched in one of her fists was a short sword that she pressed against his neck when she came up behind him. “Why is a human like you in elven territory?” she asked her voice betraying the attempt at being threatening. Unlike her fellow elves, she harbored no ill will towards humans and found them quite fascinating. Upon her shoulders curled up like a small personal scarf Chizbo growled at the mysterious being deeming anything and anyone that got close to Shara a threat. So even though her voice contained a strong sense of curiosity she had a pair of companions bent on keeping her safe.

“We do not appreciate having our wildlife killed so carelessly,” she spoke her gripping tightening on the leather tightly bound around the handle of the sword. Her free hand hovered over the second sheathed blade ready to pull it out if necessary. “One does not allow animals to suffer or die a painful death in these parts,” she explained obviously in an awkward position of what she was required to do. Now she knew she needed to hate humans but she honestly saw no reason and now that one was directly in her line of sight she had no idea what to do. She thought about what her mother would do and she felt decapitating this man was not the right course of action.

Hell saw the ogre turning away and was about to snap his bow up and take a shot when a large black form came bolting from the underbrush and charged the sylvan brute. "What the...?!" he growled, then noting the black shape was a huge feline of some sort, a tiger it looked like, though such a beast would be unusual. Catching more movement from the corner of his eye, he saw the stag drop and his sword was half-drawn when he felt the steel at his neck. Hell silently cursed his luck. The only one able to get the drop on him in an environment like this would be an elf, and as he rotated his head to the side a little that is exactly what he saw. A she-elf, and quite breathtaking from what little he could see. The small creature about her neck growled and spat a little and Hell slowly let his grip on the hilt of his greatsword loosen so that the blade slid back into the sheath.

Raising his hands a bit, palms open to show he was not armed, the man spoke. "I shot the stag for food, but only wounded it. I was tracking it to do just as you said, and not have it suffer, when I ran across that ogre." he told her, seeing no reason to lie about things. He had nothing to hide.

"As far as what I'm doing here, I was on an airship headed West, to the Salvation Sea. It was shot down, likely by elves. I'm the only survivor. I gathered what supplies I could, but I still need to eat. That was why I was hunting the stag." he explained, already weighing his options. He knew that if shit went bad that he'd have a tough time beating the she-elf and her tiger and whatever that thing was around her neck. Hell sighed.

"I suppose I should thank you then, for putting down that stag. I am sorely hungry. Maybe we should introduce ourselves and see about coexisting peacefully? I really don't want to cause any trouble here." he said, again telling the truth. Even if he got in a tussle with the girl, and her pets, and won.... he'd be hunted by others and his chances of surviving would practically be nil.

The first thing she noted about humans, they were excessively talkative. While he went on about what brought him to elven lands Shara went about precisely cutting the leather strap that held his great sword. Carefully, she yanked the damn thing away from his person wanting to silently curse at how damn heavy it was. Once she fully got her hands on it, she tossed it aside before putting some distance between them. Shara stalled for a second now that she could take the sight of the human in fully. Now she did not expect him to be so… attractive. For as long as she remembered her mother had spoken about humans as if they were repulsive, disgusting and destructive. So she made sure to disarm him and that was why her eyes were shamelessly looking over the entirety of his body. The last thing she expected was for her breath to catch in her throat and her eyes to stare for a bit longer than necessary.

Luckily, Asim showed up on the scene putting Chizbo’s growling to complete and utter shame. Even some of the woodland creatures scattered from the area in terror as the large bulking feline stood tall beside Shara. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up on end and the growl rumbled deep and low. It took Shara’s open palm to silence him and he sat back on his haunches an annoyed expression on his features. He eyed the man ready to attack at any moment not approving of being silenced like that. Beside him, Shara inhaled deeply weighing her options. The ogre had been chased off, the stag needed to be cleaned and taken care of, and now there was a human proclaiming he got shot down from his airship by a couple of elves.

As her brow knit together she ran a hand through her long black hair as she looked at the man before her obviously mentally deciding his fate. “I am sorry, there is no way I would coexist with the likes of a human,” she said her words harsh but direct. It was how it should be, humans and elves were not meant to live in peace and harmony together. Still, Shara did not quite understand why she had to believe such a thing, he seemed normal enough. It was just a bonus that he was easy on the eyes. “Here,” she stated before pulling an apple from the pack attached to her hip and tossed it to him. “I am taking the stag, find food somewhere else,” she explained with a tone that would not accept any means of argument.

From her pack, she yanked out some tightly woven rope that she’d tie the stag with so Asim could drag the beast back to the village. The whole time Shara was clueless to the killer intent emitting from Asim because she was so lost in her thoughts. On the assumption that their confrontation was over she turned to make her way to the Stag. Chizbo curled himself back up around her neck his tail swishing back and forth happily. With her back to the human, Asim stayed rooted in place ready to attack the second the human made a move that could cause harm to Shara.

Hell was unsure what she was doing at first, until he felt the weight of his sword suddenly leave him. "Hey...!" he said in surprise, and his eyes narrowed as she managed to toss the sword to the side. Adhaereat would not simply let anyone wield it, and luckily the she-elf didn't pull the blade from the scabbard. He'd have a hard time explaining that to her kin. As she moved, Hell observed her, staying tight-lipped now. He was taller than she was by several inches, and probably outweighed her by a hundred pounds. He knew she was not to be underestimated, and he'd not have fought her even if she hadn't shown up with her 'companions'. For all he knew another few dozen sets of eyes watched them from the cover of the forest.

Then came her statement about not coexisting with humans. Hell almost snorted. She already coexisted with humans, whether she wanted to believe it or not. Catching the apple that she tossed to him, Hell eyed the bow where he'd dropped it, and lifted the fruit to take a bite. At least if it was poisoned he'd give her the satisfaction of watching him die right there on the spot. In truth, it was a show of trust, and Hell chewed the sweet fruit, letting the juices run into his short dark beard. As she said she'd be taking the stag he felt his heart sink. That only meant he'd have to hunt another one, and then she went about grabbing some rope. By now Hell had eaten about half the apple and he moved toward Adhaereat, hoping to retrieve the weapon before anyone got hurt. The soft green and yellow glows near the hilt told him the materia stones were still in place, and that she hadn't tried to take them. That was a relief.

Bending to grab the sword, Hell felt himself driven to the ground suddenly, the hot breath of her beast on his skin, and he snarled and struck backward as best he could, though he found he couldn't see, his vision blocked for some reason, and then a searing pain in his leg caused him to cry out. The beast was off him then and he tried to stand, but his leg gave out under him, and he collapsed back to the forest floor and onto his back. Adhaereat was just out of reach now, and Hell blinked, the vision in one eye exceptionally blurry, and he felt woozy, the forest canting dangerously to one side as he lapsed into unconsciousness.

It was as if the world had slowed down and Shara looked on with horror as Asim assaulted the human male with no intentions to leave him alive. Shara felt her voice catch in her throat as a claw made contact with the man's face knocking him completely onto his back. Just as Asim sank his teeth into his leg did she finally scream, “No!” Just as quickly as Asim had gotten the stranger onto the ground was he off of him tail tucked between his legs and his ears laid flat against his head. The large creature could not understand why he was the one in trouble and getting yelled at for his actions. All he wanted to do was protect Shara; the human was reaching for his weapon so he had to act. Though from the tone of Shara’s voice he’d messed up badly.

Shara dropped the rope in her hands as she ran over to the poor human mauled by her companion falling to her knees before him. Her hands reached out to touch him before she withdrew clenching her fingers into fists. What was she going to do? Breath, panicking will not fix the situation. This is my fault so I must be the one to fix it, she thought to herself taking a deep breath her heart still located in the pit of her stomach. Calmer than before, she took out her short sword and sliced off the front panel of torn fabric on her wardrobe. The one thing she knew to do was put pressure on the wounds to help stop the bleeding. So she tore the fabric into strips before very gingerly lifting his head doing her best not to wrap the fabric over his nose so he could still breath. By the time she was finished he looked practically mummified thanks to her lacking knowledge in attending to wounds.

Once she got him fully bandaged she glared at Asim who slinked over to her side head low and gaze averted. “Since you did this you are carrying him back to the village,” she stated glaring at her companion even more as he huffed his hot breath at her in protest. “Chizbo, watch him,” she ordered the smaller companion on her shoulders who bounded down to sit upon the human's chest staring down intently at his fully bandaged face. Shara and Asim returned to the Stag that she quickly tied and practically stuffed the rope in her beast’s mouth still unbelievable upset with him. Never had she been so mad at him until now.

Back at the unconscious human's side, she yanked his great sword off the ground tying the cut leather straps around the single strap to her quiver. Having the weapon on her own back made her realize just how incredibly heavy it was. There was no way she’d be able to unsheathe it even if she wanted too. The hardest task still lay ahead of her, getting the unconscious human off the ground. It took a few tries, the human would probably have a few bruises on his head from getting dropped but she did it. Shara had accomplished getting onto Asim so the human rested all his weight on her back and his arms were draped around the small elven woman’s body to ensure he would not fall off. Asim begrudgingly also had the task of dragging a massive stag with him.

MXhuHWA.png

Not once in Shara’s life could she say that she made a grand entrance in her life until now. The second Asim’s massive paw crossed into the elven village they were swarmed. An unconscious bleeding man drew a lot of attention. “What happened Shara?” someone asked deeply concerned assuming the human had harmed the young elven maiden. Another asked the question on everyone’s mind, “Who is that?” All went unanswered as Shara ushered Asim to keep moving, she needed to get the human some proper medical treatment.

With a gentle pet behind his right ear, Asim dropped the rope the stag was attached to so the animal could be cleaned and prepared for the evening feast. That was the easiest part. When Asim stopped before the door to their home Shara hesitated to take in a sharp breath. Before she could even open the door, there stood her mother. “You are not bringing that… that thing in here!” the venom dripped from each word her mother spoke as she glowered down at her daughter who kept her gaze averted. “I did this, it is my task to fix it. I will take any repercussions necessary but I attacked him unprovoked and without reason,” Shara spoke with a growing resolve as she turned to face her mother. For once she swore she saw an almost startled expression on her mother's face for hearing her daughter talk back to her like that. So the silence that followed her statement was taken as approval to bring the man into their home.

“Asim,” she ordered after getting off the large feline, the injured human still draped across her back and now had his feet dragging on the ground. The large beast moved to open the door, Shara’s mother immediately moving out of the way having always feared Asim and soon she’d have a strong respect for the animal after witnessing what he’d done to the human. For now, she stayed out of the way as Shara dragged the man to her room and set him ungracefully down on her bed. She left Chizbo to watch over him again as she took off sprinting through the village to find their healer. Before night fell, the human would get the best medical treatment the village had to offer and if he were to wake he’d find an elven woman fast asleep at the foot of the bed seated in a chair made of twisted branches. He would be in a strange new place and the very being that forced him there would be glaring at him from the only exit out of the room.

In truth, the injuries inflicted on Hell would have been somewhat superficial. The claw had raked down his face, from forehead and down his cheek to his jaw. The wound, being a head wound, had bled profusely, blood staining the grass beneath him, and a huge flap of sin pulled away from his skull. It looked horrific, but was not life threatening in the least. The beast had missed his eye and had not drug that claw far enough down his neck. It was the bite to the leg that was more worrisome. The fangs of the beast had punctured his thigh, and one had come close to puncturing his femoral artery. Luckily that too had escaped injury but the puncture was deep and Hell bled badly. Enough that he'd lapsed into unconsciousness. The wounds were bound and that stopped the bleeding, but the trek to wherever she was taking him was not something that Hell would remember. The human would only vaguely remember being tended to, and being gazed down upon by several sets of elven eyes.

When he did awaken he could see an elven female, dressed in the robes of a healer, and sleeping in a chair at the foot of his bed. His armor had been removed and he realized with a start that he was nude beneath the blankets. His right eye was covered and a dull throbbing ache could be felt all through his face. His leg was numb and he couldn't feel a thing, but he remembered. His eyes narrowed at the large black feline blocking the exit.

"You..." he said, not at all pleased to see the beast and his eyes cast about the room for Adhaereat. The large broad-bladed sword was leaning in one corner and Hell knew better than to reach for it, but kept his gaze locked on the cat. Propping himself up as he was though, he soon grew tired and laid back down on his back with a little groan. "Water." he finally managed to say, hoping that someone would hear him. His throat was dry and he felt like he could drink a whole pitcher.

After a long night, that required Shara to run a multitude of errands for the healers getting them supplies, materials and whatever else they required, she couldn't sleep a wink. No, she stayed awake the entirety of the time worried the human would not wake no matter how many times she'd been reassured. So upon the moment he had awoken Shara was standing out on her balcony letting the cool air keep her heavy eyelids remain open. Today, she looked much different from the huntress the human had seen. Her hair had been turned into a long side swept braid with intricate details and she wore a dress that barely stayed upon her shoulders and had a long plunging neckline to her navel. It was a beautiful white gown with a sheer looking fabric that concealed everything beneath.

This was her punishment, she was to meet with Alvaro upon her mother's request. If she disobeyed the human would be left for dead and Shara would never allow that. So she moved about the room going to the glass pitcher on her dresser and poured him a glass of water. "Here," she spoke in a weary voice. Her appearance may have shown grace and the true elven beauty many revered but her face showed the exhaustion she felt. "Drink it slowly," she instructed him gently lifting his head with her arm so he did not need to worry about choking as she brought a glass of water to his lips. "Seems you are feeling better today," she spoke a little smile spreading across her lips in relief. Shara honestly thought he was dead, but she knew nothing about humans. There had just been so much blood, she panicked.

One thing she did notice was the tension in the room between the human as her companion Asim. That smile instantly faded as she let out a heavy sigh. "Asim," she growled in a sharp tone. The large beast huffed unhappily in response as he curled up on the floor before the door. "He'll do nothing to you, I promise," she explained before asking,"Is there anything else I can do for you?" Beneath her skirts, Chizbo played with the fabric bounding around the room with more energy than necessary. He soon leapt onto the bed and made his way onto the human's chest staring down at the strange creature, face to face with him. Instantly, Shara couldn't help but snicker. "Chizbo, leave the poor man alone," she spoke trying to contain the laughter as her little furry friend scrunched up his nose and leapt off of the bed to go bother the incredibly grumpy Asim.

The sound of the feminine voice cut through the fog and Hell relaxed a little as he saw the elf girl from before. Elf woman really, he was sure she was much older than she looked. Probably older than his parents, or even his grandparents. She brought water though and he would drink slowly, just as she indicated.

"Thank you." he said, feeling much better and able to speak without feeling like he was going to throw up. He nodded at her question. "I really could use with something to eat. You took my stag you know. I haven't eaten in two days, more depending on how long I was out."

The little... whatever it was... sat on his chest a moment and Hell made a face, sticking out his tongue and crossing his eyes. "Your friend over there doesn't like me much." he said, nodding toward the big cat. "He needs to relax." Hell said, and then looked back to the elf girl.

"I never got your name. Mine's Hellyot. Hellyot Ancellar. My friends just call me Hell. I would say it is nice to meet you, but I'm not sure of that yet. I figure you're keeping me alive just to kill me at your leisure. You know, the civilized elven way." Hell joked. He figured if h was right and they were going to kill him anyway, or torture him for information, he might as well give them a little bit of his namesake.

It seemed even after being quite injured the human had not lost his ability to be quite the talker. Her eyes studied him her face rather stoic and his joking only caused her brow to crease into lines of deep concern. Was that really how he viewed elves? Honestly, if she wanted him dead she would never have called of Asim and he'd already be gone from this world. Her eyes wandered over to Asim who was growling at Chizbo and swatted the smaller creature away who insisted on jumping up onto his back. "He is quite relaxed, just protective and I can not blame him for that," she replied her eyes still focused on the large cat.

After a few minutes, she collected her thoughts before approaching her dresser to collect some food for Hell. The things she placed on the plate consisted of bread, cheese, some fruit and a handful of nuts. Anything cooked would mean she'd need to leave him in the room with Asim and a sleeping nurse. That did not feel like the ideal situation given the relationship Asim and Hell were exhibiting. "This is what I have available at the moment, later tonight if you are feeling up to it we will get you a real meal," she informed him not wanting to upset his starved stomach.

Before she handed him the plate of food she assisted him in sitting up so he could feed himself and she could go about her business. "By the way, if we had any intentions of killing you. You'd already be dead," she stated with the addition of a little smile and a brief wink. Once he was situated with his food she made her way over to her vanity where she adorned her body with sparkling jewels and ensured her hair was in place by using her reflection in the mirror. Just as she was doing so her loving mother stepped into the room scowling at Hell with a look of pure disgust.

"Are you not ready yet child, he will arrive any minute and I will not allow you to keep him waiting... I can't believe I am even letting you keep this... Creature here," she spoke her words sharp and mainly a string of rambling to herself that Shara had come to ignore. Still, she let out a heavy sigh as she stood straightening the skirt of her dress before glancing over to Hell. "If you need anything the nurse at the foot of the bed will help you," she informed him receiving a glare from her mother for speaking so casually. Beside the door, Asim seemed agitated she was leaving and the large beast let out a whine of protest.

As the smooth brow of the elf creased, Hell wondered what he might have said to cause such a reaction. "No, you can't blame him for that, but having your beast attack an unarmed man only fortifies the opinions of people who dislike elves. Next time I'll be sure to be armed." he promised. Though she did then bring him food, and Hell was grateful. "Thank you. This will do nicely, and perhaps later I can eat something more." he agreed.

He grunted a little as she helped him sit up, and then her assessment that they'd have killed him if they wanted him dead brought a shrug. He knew that to be true, he just had to figure out what their nefarious plans were. Though he had to admit, that little smile made her quite gorgeous, and the wink didn't hurt either. She was really quite beautiful. He'd have to be careful around her. He had just started to eat when another female, just as beautiful as the first, burst into the room. Or rather, she would be just as pretty at the first if the expressions on her face did not mar those pristine features.

The exchange between the two revealed much and it was not hard to surmise that the newest arrival was the mother of the girl that he'd run into in the forest. They hardly looked like mother and daughter, and Hell smirked to himself as he casually imagined them both in bed. With him. Doing... things.

Then she was saying that if he needed anything that the nurse would help. He hadn't had a woman in sometime, so would she help with that? Hell doubted they'd appreciate it much if he asked, so he kept his thoughts to himself as he ate and then found he was tired as he laid back down to nap.

Back
Top Bottom