Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Runaways (ChaosInk & Beautiful.Disaster)

ChaosInk

Planetoid
It was a grey day in London as the bleak November clouds overhead threatened to pour down torrential rain. It had been that way for a while, the bleak weather almost reflecting Arthur Clayton’s mood as he loitered around the city. He’d made his decision a long time ago, but now that it actually came to it he was afraid. Not for himself but for the people he was about leave behind. He paced back and forth in the open plan living room and kitchen of his small but stylish apartment before he convinced himself to commit. You need to do this! He thought as he grabbed a pen and paper and began to write a hasty note. You need to get out. Besides what have they ever done to earn your loyalty? Finally he left the note on the counter in the kitchen where someone would find it. He finished it with three words. Don't follow me.

Ten minutes later and Arthur walked out the front of his apartment building dressed in dark, faded blue jeans, a grey t-shirt and a black jacket. Slung over his shoulder was a rucksack filled with spare clothes, enough money to last a while and a handgun. His eyes scanned the street and the people around him before he set off, heading towards the nearest railway station. He decided to walk, talking a long way cutting through alleys and lesser used streets to ensure that he wasn’t being followed. It took him an extra half an hour just to reach the station but by the time he did he was satisfied that he hadn’t been followed by anyone or anything.
He entered the station and easily slipped in amongst the crowds, fighting his way forward. His entire body was tensed among the crowd. He hated crowds but their was little else he could do. He managed to get a bit of space before looking up at the screens displaying the various trains, departure times and and stops along the way. After looking them over for a coupe of minutes he finally found one to his liking. A cross country train with plenty of stops along the way. Perfect.

Five minutes later and Arthur had managed to fight his way through the crowds of people to the platform mentioned on the screen, where the train was waiting. He stepped onto the train and walked along the aisle before finding a table seat completely empty and reserved. He quickly sat down next to the window and placed his bag on the seat next to him, unzipping it slightly so that he could easily get to his money when the ticket inspector came along. But for the time being he leaned back in the seat and gazed out the window, people watching as the first drops of rain landed on the window.

Remi had run all over the station trying to find the right platform, and had only just made it onto the train before it pulled out. She hadn't missed the rain though, and so she was attempting to peel the saturated layers from her upper body to get down to something that was somewhat dry. She was left with a thin white t-shirt that would do little to protect her from the chill in the November air once the train reached it's destination...hopefully the warmer layers she'd had to remove would be dry by then.

She moved through the train, a bag over her shoulder, her wet clothes a damp ball tucked under one arm, and her ticket in her free hand. She was doing her best to bob and weave through the people, but as she neared was attempting to pass one of the tables, just as someone else was doing the same she lost her balance. She tetered, and then fell -gracelessly- into one of the seats...thankfully it was the empty one.

"Well, I'll just sit right here then," she mumbled under her breath, and then looked to the guy seated across from where she'd landed, "Unless you were saving the seat..." she didn't actually wait for an answer before stowing her bag and the shed layers into the seat next to her. She offered him a cheery smile thatconly deepened the dimples in her cheeks, the light that managed to filter in glinted off the metal studs that adorned them, "Hi, I am Remi, by the way.." she introduced herself, the American accent was a dead give away she wasn't in her element if that hadn't already been made clear.

Arthur looked suddenly away from the window which he had been staring out of, watching the rain hammer down, to see Remi fall somewhat gracelessly into the seat opposite him. He forced a smile onto his face when their eyes met, even though he wanted nothing more than to be along right now and contemplate his decision to get on the train.
“Oh, erm no don't worry, I wasn’t saving it.” He said half heartedly even though it seemed obvious that now she was sat down she wasn’t getting up again, especially when she began stowing her bag and the wet clothes. He found himself watching her as she introduced herself, judging her and weigh her up in the way he was used to. There seemed something odd about her to him, although she was also quite attractive. Despite that he found himself doing his best to keep his eyes above the white t-shirt, the thin fabric doing little to preserve her modesty.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Arthur.” He explained, noting her American accent. “Sounds like you’re a long way from home.” He added with a friendly smile. Arthur couldn’t help the growing feeling in his stomach that something was wrong or that she was in some kind of trouble. It was the middle of November and across the seat from him was a very American sounding woman wearing nothing but a t-shirt and with a single bag next to her. Not to mention the bundle of wet clothing she was carrying with her and the fact that she’d been running to the station with what appeared to be a panicked look on her face. It was almost as if she was running from something, or someone Let it go, Arthur told himself as he watched her out of the corner of his eye, assessing her. It’s not your problem.
“I know it’s not really my place, but are you okay?” He asked as the rain moved along, slowly picking up speed. “I don’t mean to pry but you seem like you might be in trouble.” He spoke quietly, so as not to draw any unwanted attention but loud enough that she would be able to hear him.

Back
Top Bottom