Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Odd Role-play Habits

H

HeyThereLittleBear

Main question:

Do you have any odd role-play habits?

I'm not talking about things you do in-character but rather things that come with role-playing.

For example, I have a sort of game that I play where I mentally form a picture of the person I'm role-playing with. Not the character, but the writer. I base it off of the characters that s/he chooses and the way they write and honestly I've had about 70% success rate with guessing appearances if I ever find pictures of my partner.

Some people even catch me by surprise with how off they are from what I imagined but it's an interesting habit I've picked up.

Anyone else have any odd role-playing habits?

I have the same exact habit. I tend to picture the person I am roleplaying with as the character I am interacting wtih in my story. If I neve see a picture of my partner the better for me. I totally understand where you're coming from with this.

I thought the title was for things like blowing on dice before rolling them... I do blow on something before rolling it however...

But in theme of what you were asking, I do have my odd twists. When reading/writing I don't double-click my mouse even if I get flushed. I re-read until I've internalized everything. Then much later that night I go through everything as though it was a real memory for me. It's a nice trick (I think...) because it's impossible to separate real from created memories once they are there.

cooltext226655770153802_zpsxeyuyebo.png

• When I create a character, I create graphics and forms to detail said character. I like to match themes and colors to help me get a larger sense of the character's personality. It also gives me time to formulate a background that justifies this personality type. It also helps me choose something that makes them different (if I want them to be unique to my other characters).

Posting is similar, except that I don't make the graphics anymore. I just sit and "ask" what their reaction would be in my head. This way, it is less likely for my initial reaction (my own) to be posted, rather than my character's. And it also allows me to get to know them better and how they'll possibly grow once the roleplay progresses. (If my character doesn't learn or grow in any way in a roleplay, I find them to be a waste.)

Back
Top Bottom