Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Touch of the Succubus (Frost x Acitar)

Frost

Planetoid
There are a great number of paths to power.

Not all of them are so kind and gentle as to be found in books and reasonable discourse. Some of them could only be found with the tip of a spear, or on the wrong side of a set of callused knuckles, from a scream all the way up to a slaughter, it usually involved SOME kind of violence.

But even so, not all of them had to. Words have power. No one knows that more than the wizards, the magi, the wise who know that power can be found simply in what you know, regardless of how you might have come to learn such things.

It was in the hallowed halls of a wizarding school that one might find the most of this -- the source of sorcery, the key to what humans knew as enlightenment.

In a tall tower, in a private bedroom, one young man was beginning to embark oupon that path himself. It had been supposed to be a ritual to summon a spirit of intellect. The components and reagents had been simple -- salt, water, a splash of blood, candles, a meting of silver flakes, and so on and so forth. Simple magical components that, when brought all together and spoken aloud by a young man, should bring forth a spirit that could assist him in all his studies, help him navigateh is way through his last years of formal academia.

That is not, being how these things tend to go, not what happened.

Light flared, smoke curled about every piece of furniture, and something came into the world wreathed in a vermilion halo. Something with wings like a butterfly, skin glowing bright. There was a split second, a moment of long lashing tongues and eyes that burned like the sun until -- a figure resolved itself.

Honeyed skin, dark hair, darker eyes that smoldered.

The figure cast dark hair over one shoulder, sitting in a pile of black silks as dark as midnight.

"Well," came a voice.

"That was unexpected."

Some would have called it foolhardy, wishful thinking, the petulance of youth and inexperience, some may even have just plainly called it stupid to the young Magi Kezdren, it would likely be the only way the grumpy, frowning taskmaster that was his master would ever see him as good enough. His master in all his wisdom still viewed the sixteen year old magical adept with all the disdain one might expect and it was a rare thing indeed for him to ever really learn magic at all. Save for overhearing and sometimes purposefully spying on his masters craft. The rare occasions he left the tower often afforded him a more extended look into the tomes and scrolls that were often simply forbidden to him.

A wizarding school it may have been where he resided but he spent more time cleaning and running errands than practicing the craft of a magi. Over the past few months he had stumbled across a particular page in a particular tome to summon a spirit of intellect in order to accelerate himself beyond the meagre cantrips and into the realms of a true magi. Each night he had done some small part be it meticulously copying another line of text from the tome to gathering one of its fairly simple reagents and now the night of actually summoning the being was here.

Setting out the reagents as instructed, including some of his own blood, silver flakes, salt and a few other trivial odds and ends he finally uttered the words. The syllables seem to hang in the air an ancient language that was part thought and part word. He couldn't even remember finishing the spell, as if the power of the words simply prevented them from existing in his memory.

Light flared and smoke seemed to snake in and out of the furniture making the then seem like small tendrils reaching out and grasping into this reality, a briefly horrifying visage seemed to loom from the smoke with wings and tongues lashing until the smoke all but cleared and revealed quite possibly the most stunning example of female beauty he had ever laid eyes upon. Honey coloured skin, dark hair and dark deep eyes that almost seemed to want to pull him in and swallow him.

He stood there speechless for a moment, shocked as much by the result as actually successfully summoning a spirit of intellect, or so he hoped. He wasn't a particulary imposing finger, slim, short brown hair a fair complexion dusted with freckles across his nose and cheeks and slightly scruffy short brown hair, who was right now standing staring slack jawed and stunned.

"Uhhhh..." Was all he could say his mind struggling to get to grips with the situation he was now in before he finally cleared his throat at 'her' words, she didn't look like a spirit of intellect but what was such a spirit supposed to look like anyway.

"Well, spirit of intellect, I have summoned you and now humbly ask your aid." He'd remembered that part of the post summoning instructions at least but something didn't feel right as he dusted off his apprentices robes trying to brush the tendrils of smoke away which seemed to hang in the air like cobwebs as he struggled not to stare too brazenly at her for fear of offending such a venerated and generally considered helpful spirit.

Dark eyes meandered around the contents of the room. From his meager bed to hidebound tomes of knowledge, some mundane and gifted while others were full of pilfered passages from more valuable literature. It was the room of a young man -- that much was obvious to one with the eyes for such a thing, and that was before her eyes fell upon him.

They roamed him, even as he struggled to speak and got out his proclamation -- all the right words for a mage but with none of the uptight arrogance for which the magically-inclined were so often noted for.

Of course, it was rare that one so young had the gumption to summon her, even if so many of them certainly had the other traits necessary.

"... is that so?" she asked. She stood, more gliding to a standing position than any less graceful movement. The silks fell down around her hips, baring daring swaths of dark leg as she took one step, then two toward him. Bare feet seemed to hardly touch upon the ground, the steps more at home on a dancer's toned legs than on a spirit of intellect.

"Well, honored magi. What is it that you wish to know and learn?" she asked. Fingers brushed across one shoulder, hardly any higher than her own, bared under thin straps as they were.

"I am Nileene. I am certain that I can satisfy your every curiosity," she said, full lips pulling back from a set of marvelously white teeth, long lashes fluttering to punctuate the statement, riddled with intention.

To begin with even after the proclamation she seemed more interested in examining his room which was as he liked to call it 'organised chaos' besides, with all the chores and extra tasks lumped on students here he never much had the time to keep it organised. Something at the back of his mind was nagging him, something that wasn't quite right, he tried to remember what this particular spirit was supposed to look like.

She rose to her feet with an unearthly grace that he could only describe as gliding making those silks she was adorned with drape down around her hips, even to his inexperienced gaze it was clear she was wearing nothing else. She was impossibly attractive it was making it incredibly difficult for him to concentrate and even more so not to let his eyes wander even if her attire almost dared him to look.

Of course Kezdren had no idea that a part of the tome was missing which would have instructed him on a mediation to clear his mind of all other thoughts before summoning. In his case he had of course been considering what he would do with the power and knowledge he would acquire and of course it went to women, the fairer sex. And at the critical moment his mind had wandered there and altered the nature of the spirit he had summoned into something entirely different.

Right now though she was right next to him, standing in front of him as her fingers brushed across his shoulder further distracting him as if her close proximity wasn't enough already. "I.. Uh.. Well.. Perhaps, we should.. Start with something simple?"

His bashful nature was coming to the fore as she introduced herself as Nileene but the way she said she would satisfy his every curiosity once more gave him that nagging feeling that something was amiss with this spirit of intellect. Her full lips parted to reveal white teeth her fluttering lashes making him blink reflexively.

"Uh.. That may depend on how long you can stay.. If my masters return and catch me.. Well..." It was unlikely to happen for several more hours but the worry was there. "I am Kezdren.. By the way. You aren't.. Quite what I expected." He said, still unable to shake that nagging feeling that he was in over his head somehow but he dismissed it for now, she didn't seem to be dangerous.

She leaned forward, the body language of the ever-attentive and receptive. It was enough for him to peer down directly into the silken dress, offering a tantalizing glimpse of breasts so full and pert so as to almost defy reality. "Something simple, dear magi? You would hardly call a being such as I for anything simple, no?" she asked.

She stepped around him, a finger curling over his hip as she went, seeming to look him up and down as she stepped from the circle.

"Oh, I can be discreet, Magi Kezdren. They shall never know I am here."

"A-ha, dear man, we so rarely are in the world of spirits. We are more metaphorical than literal. Though I am saddened that you do not find my appearance satisfactory," she said. By then she had worked a full circle around him, and she gave him one of those looks. Eyes half-lidded, her bottom lip plumped out ever-so-slightly, her arms under her chest causing it to rise and press together, offering an ample view of ample cleavage.

Despite the fact he had studied as much about the summoning, the encounter and what to do this had already begun to deviate wildly from what he had expected and planned for. She leaned in as she pointed out that if it was something simple he wouldn't need her help to which he just nodded slowly his eyes drawn downwards as her dress shifted and gave him a glimpse of her breasts, whilst he had minimal basis for comparison they looked perfect, pert and he found himself almost wanting to lift his hands to cup.. Squeeze.. He shook his head and blinked to clear his head.

She had moved from the circle, her finger trailing along his hip as she pointed out she could be discreet which made him furrow his brow as his imagined version of this encounter quickly left him in unfamiliar territory. He quickly corrected himself when she seemed to wonder why he didn't find her appearance satisfactory which was not the truth but his rehearsed veil of confidence was rapidly starting to crumble. The way Nileene pushed out her bottom lip and folded her arms beneath her bust just pushing them up that little higher was impossibly distracting.

"Oh! That's.. Not true at all.. Your appearance is.. Very nice.. It's just.. Unexpected." Kezdren blurted out quickly seeking to avoid causing offence to a powerful being which in all likelihood could turn him into a toad or a pile of ash with a single thought. He decided honesty was perhaps the best course of action, still unaware of the ever so slight blunder in the summoning.

"Well.. I.. Uhm.. Hmm.." He stammered, clearly trying to put things into words his freckled features turning a bright red as he became ever more flustered.

"You see.. They, don't really teach us much magic here.. They made us gather reagents.. Run errands.. Clean.. So I taught myself to summon a spirit.. Such as yourself to help me become a great mage.. Without them." Once more visions filtered into his mind of gold, wealth, glory, power and even women it was barely for a moment but he hoped the spirit would understand or even help.. Or at the very least just leave peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom