Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A King's Dispute [Kouja & innocentsub]

Kouja

Moon
For weeks, the kingdom of Vadora had endured a frenzy of activity, all for the preparation of a most enticed guest. For centuries, the lush forest kingdom had been at war with a neighboring land, and given that each possessed substantial power, many had begun to lose hope on the end of the stalemate. But just as faith faltered, the kingdoms struck a deal, and decided that for the sake of their people, they would join together under one union. A royal wedding, between a princess of an enemy nation, and Prince Caspian Pennington of Vadora.

The excitement and intrigue were palpable. Village folk and palace staff gossiped fervently, staking bets on the future. Would the kingdoms honor their arrangement? Would the heir and his soon-to-be bride find love, or would their affair remain strictly business? What did these changes mean for the common folk? And what of Vadora’s younger prince, Aldric Pennington?

The second to the throne in question navigated the palace halls with the ease of familiarity. His obsidian hair shone in the flickering candlelight, his ice blue eyes gleaming mischievously. He cut a regal figure in navy and black, his muscular build evident beneath the fine threads. His confident stride announced his purpose; an agenda he meant to uphold. The well awaited princess had arrived just the night before, and Aldric knew, after witnessing how quickly his brother had taken an interest, that now was the time to step in.

She'd been given a room among those reserved for visiting royals, though it was a temporary set-up; after her marriage to Caspian, she would move into his quarters to share his bed. Aldric knew the room, and came to a halt just outside the door. He knocked his knuckles against the solid wood twice, calling out for her. “Aldric Pennington - might I enter?” But he didn't wait for her response as he turned the knob, pushing in slowly.

RE: A King's Dispute [Iribis & innocentsub]

Rose Lockridge, a young maiden of 18, was the middle child of the royal family, who ruled over the kingdom of Isleara and was now being married off to a prince. She didn’t object as she knew this was her expected role, part of the price to pay when born into privilege. Her older brother was set to inherit the crown and her younger sister to be married off to some wealthy suitor native to their homeland. Both her siblings were much louder, confident, and boisterous than she was. She always had a quiet, shy demeanor about her. For a while the public thought she was snobbish because her face was always so serious, but Rose knew that wasn’t the case. She just always happened to get lost in her thoughts and her reticence kept her silent. Her mother, when she was alive, made it a point to get Rose to smile in public and focus on the present so the public would not have such a harsh view of her. Her mother always told her that public opinion was important.

Eventually, Rose came to be called the bashful, kind-hearted princess of the kingdom. While her siblings were the fiery ones. Everything about them was bolder than she was. Her sister and brother both had dark brown locks and eyes made of chocolate. They looked regal, they looked like her father. She, on the other hand, had long, honey colored locks. Her eyes were dark blue, but they always looked lighter when she cried. Her skin was milky white and her stature was shorter than that of her siblings. She always had a slight pinkness to her cheeks, which is why her mother named her Rose.

In the recent months the effects of the continuous stalemate between her kingdom and that of Vadora had been felt, not only on the battle field, but also within their castle. Her mother passed away a year ago. they all grieved, but Rose especially as her mother was her closest ally and her main source of advice. Rose had loved her mother deeply. Ever since then her brother and father had been mulling over strategies of battle and of peace talks. Rose usually didn’t concern herself with the reasons for battle like her younger sister, mostly she kept her head out of war; however, when her father asked for her company one night she became heavily endowed in the future of her kingdom. She became the key to their peace. She was to be married in order to end the war. The news had scared her at first. What if they decided to show force and killed her on spot when she arrived? What if she became a prisoner of war? So many what if’s ran through her head in the initial weeks of being told, but she was coaxed out of her fear by her sister. As the time to travel to a new land came closer and closer, she felt settled with the idea of leaving her home.

She had to admit she wondered what the prince would be like. She only ever heard stories about the sons who lived in Vadora. Many ladies of the court chirped about their good looks. Rose, however, was more interested in the prince’s personality. She wanted desperately to be in love. She knew in her predicament that the realities of love were slim, but she always prayed for the chances to be on her side.

When the day to leave arrived she hugged her family good bye. Her brother wished her well, her father speaking kind words of wisdom, and her sister encouraging her to be confident. Rose wept at the goodbyes of her family. She knew many royal families had contention between siblings or cold indifference toward their blood, but her family was close and they always meant well.
-----------

Rose sat on her bed after a day of traveling the beautiful lands of Vadora and touring the castle. This kingdom was full of lush forest and amazing architecture. She met with all the ladies of the court as well. She still had not met her Prince though. She wondered when she would as her anxiety deepened. Would he like her? She always felt out of place, too quiet, and too naïve. As she thought about various events of the day and the eventual meeting between her and the prince, she heard a knock at the door. She furrowed her eyebrows and got up off the bed abruptly as the smooth male voice came through the door. Aldric Pennington was the second son in line for the throne. She wondered why he was visiting her now. She knew she would be meeting him too and he would become family as well, but she thought she would at least meet her husband first. As the door slowly opened, she watched as a very handsome man stepped into her room. She bowed politely at his presence.

RE: A King's Dispute [Iribis & innocentsub]

Was it cheesy to admit that Aldric had never seen a more beautiful creature? He swore his breath caught as their eyes met, though he’d never tell a soul how his heart leapt. Mayhaps many in her kingdom were capable of such spellbinding beauty, but the court ladies of Vadora...well, they bored the prince. They slathered gobs of rouge upon their cheeks and the bodices of their gowns cut too low - it left nothing to the imagination! And Aldric had a fantastic imagination. Why, just now, he was imagining all manner of lewd things he could do between the princess’s legs. Oh, the sounds he could elicit from her...But no, it wasn’t the time. Later, he assured himself, and he granted her a dazzling smile.

“Apologies, my lady, for the interruption. I know you must be weary from your travels, but well, I simply could not wait.” He stepped further into the room, closing the door definitively behind him. He approached her slowly, his stride more stalking than casual. “You see, despite what my elder brother might seem, when you do meet...Well, he is not at all what you may think. Certainly, he has everyone fooled that he is well mannered and soft spoken...But there lies a beast within.” His expression was grave, conveying a sense of warning and urgency. It was an act, to some extent, but she need not know that; this step was the first of many, leading to a well deserved finale. So long as she believed him, her personal feelings hardly mattered.

He circled behind her as he spoke, his eyes roaming intently, his gaze caressing her honey locks and fixating longingly upon the curve of her waist and the swell of her hips. Good God, how he wanted her. “Not literally, mind you...But his mind is poisoned, and I have long feared what he might accomplish upon the throne. My only solace has been his lack of a queen...Alas, here you stand. I did not foresee such a prompt union.”

If he could charm her with lies, it would be his greatest accomplishment. Long had he pined for the throne, but his brother’s existence served a suitable barricade. He wasn’t convinced he wished his brother dead, merely...indisposed. Thwarted. He considered crippling the elder prince, but this little bird came along before he could. Thankfully, Aldric deemed her more solution than problem. This princess was the key to their kingdom’s longevity, and if he could sway her into his arms, then he held a decent shot at the crown. It was a risky plot, but then, where was the fun in an easy rise to power?

He ran his fingers softly along her golden hair, the strands sliding across skin like silk. His fingers twitched, longing to grip a fistful and drag her beneath the covers. He exhaled slowly, forcing his muscles to relax. Patience, patience. “It pains me to tell you, but I could never forgive myself if he were to harm you, and I did nothing.” He rounded to stand in front of her now, bowing his head close, their bodies mere inches apart. He didn’t touch her now, and dropped his voice to an urgent whisper. “It is treason, what I suggest, but the alternative is far more frightening. You cannot trust him; he will crush you, leaving you hollow. Is that the sort of life you desire?” He cocked his head, his icy eyes darkening with desire. “Thankfully, hope is not lost. You stand a chance, should you align with me. I can protect you; I can be your light, in these dark times.” He lifted his right hand to touch her cheek gently, his left hand sliding softly along her hip. “You need fear nothing with me...I know this must be overwhelming, but I will not let you refuse.”

Rose watched observantly as Prince Aldric entered the room. Her quiet nature had led her to be very attentive and vigilant to detail. When the prince stepped in, she found herself captivated by his striking good looks. Her own brother was considered good-looking by typical standards of beauty, but this man was remarkable. His eyes were piercing and his hair darker than any she had seen before. He was adorned in expensive fabric, dark also in color. He was alluring and she wondered briefly how many women chased after his affections. As they stared at each other for what felt like a few moments, which in reality was only a few seconds, the prince flashed her an impressive smile and began to speak.

His voice rang in her ears like a melody, so smooth and charming. She had to shake her head, just slightly to focus on the words he was speaking. She listened as he apologized for his intrusion, but her eyes moved to the door clasping closed behind him. He stepped into the room, making Rose a bit nervous. As her eyes refocused on Aldric, she noticed he was moving toward her, deliberately. She felt a tad like a mouse cornered by a cat. His next line of conversation prompted her full attention; however, as she followed him with her eyes. The conversation geared toward her soon to be husband, her king. Aldric was accusing him of being deeply disturbed, a bad man. She knitted her eyebrows together, shaking her head from side to side. What game was the Prince playing? She observed his features, a concerning look plastered on his handsome face. Was he telling her the truth, warning her of a fate to come? How could she tell if he was lying? As much as she was innocent, she was not dumb. She didn’t take all words at face value.

Prince Aldric began to circle her and she followed his body with her eyes until he lingered behind her, where her gaze could not follow. She tried to turn her body to move and face him, but she felt frozen. Rose felt fear begin to creep into her heart due to her close confines with the handsome devil. She didn’t know what to think of his words, nor his actions, which both concerned her. A poisoned mind? She remembered only hearing good things about her Prince, but Aldric did say he hid his ugly side well.

She felt his fingers graze her hair and shivered softly. This was as close as she had ever been to a man and she had never been alone with a man in her private quarters. A deep scarlet color flooded her cheeks as she thought about that particular detail. She hoped he would face her again, instead of lingering behind her. Then he ushered words of worry, stating he could not stand the thought of her being harmed, situating himself back in front of her. Within in second of that statement he came closer to her, his masculine body very close to her own. He had to bow his head so he was closer to hers and then he spoke of treasonous deeds. Her mind swam with uncertainty at his words, but her attention quickly snapped to his hand stroking her cheek and the hand that came to be situated on her hip. A sharp exhale left her delicate lips and she shuddered lightly, tingles of anxieties working their way throughout her body.

“Prince Aldric….” She paused “I-I don’t know what to say” she took a daring step back, once again knitting her eyebrows together. She had no idea what to do, she didn’t expect to be confronting something like this already. “I have to meet him first. I have to make the decision by myself. I don’t know you well, my prince. I apologize, but how am I supposed to just believe you? I want to maintain peace for my country. What if this is a trick?” Rose took another step away from him, her deep blue eyes boring into his own. Her face held fear in it as she wondered if he would just leave her be.

Back
Top Bottom