Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Advice and Emotional Support Thread

I have been thinking that we had a rant thread previously but was discontinued due to uncontrolled issues. :) Well, why not have a helpful thread instead geared towards support for others who may need it and offer some advice or just a listening ear?

This is a good idea. I remember on a previous forum there was a Life Issues section for stuff like this, but it's better as a thread I think. Life Issues was just a second journal section.

I've got to say, all the pot-stirring on social media is starting to really bother me. Despite my sadistic nature during RP I'm actually a bit of a bleeding heart. I'm a millenial republican conservative (hope this is a safe space since I think that's the minority on BM) with friends on both sides of this finger-pointing. I just want people to be kind to each other.

TheGameMaster said:
I've got to say, all the pot-stirring on social media is starting to really bother me. Despite my sadistic nature during RP I'm actually a bit of a bleeding heart. I'm a millenial republican conservative (hope this is a safe space since I think that's the minority on BM) with friends on both sides of this finger-pointing. I just want people to be kind to each other.
It will pass soon. Everyone is still just riled up about the election. Let it settle in, take a break from social media if you need to.

Brace yourself. I've been defriended for being on neither side/hating both candidates and even for not being into politics (it's not such a big passion in my country... people don't discuss it with their kids and all).

:s People are still fussed about elections, I see. Well, I know. This year 2016 has been crazy across nations. We just have to continue on with it. Prepare ourselves on what is to come. Sure, there are extremely bad events happening. My own country are experiencing several events that were unseen before (i.e. police ramming protesters, etc.) and most of my Facebook friends are posting complaints and most are anticipating and waiting for the end of Duterte's term already. However, there is still hope and we should try to make life better for others in our own little ways.

@RedRose: I am sorry that you are unfriended by people. :( That is very rude of them.
---
Nota bene: Just a reminder that to be on the safe side, let us limit the recent election results to a minimum. The thread for that got closed for a reason. I don't want this to be closed and the people that has come for support to lose access to it.

;) Of course, people who are coming here because they are experiencing insults from others due to their votes in the elections are more than welcome to come and share. Just no dismissing other people's opinions. We don't need anymore hate going on.

TheGameMaster said:

I understand this a lot. I live in a very blue city within a very red state, so a lot of my family and friends felt very strongly in either direction. What surprises me the most is how much people were/are unwilling to listen to each other. If you voted one way, you MUST be this kind of person, and if you voted the other way you MUST be that kind of person. It's a little ridiculous, to be honest. The best advice I can give to you is to encourage your friends to listen and understand. And as Princess P pointed out, consider taking a step back from social media. I think it's an excellent platform to share information and opinions, but that also makes it an excellent platform to spread hate, unfortunately.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
...and most of my Facebook friends are posting complaints and most are anticipating and waiting for the end of Duterte's term already.

Even us Fil-Ams are counting down until the end of Duterte's term, lol. :s The man is a total wackjob. I mean, you have to be one when you plan to separate foreign ties with the US, considering how many Filipinos (and Filipino-Americans) there are working overseas, and in the US alone. And then to make a statement about making an alliance with China and possibly Russia. :s The dude is wacko.

Well this thread hasn't been visited in a while, so I thought I would come and lend a hand fror those going through anything. Made it through the holidays with a little bit of bumps and bruises but it's been an official first week of the new year. Looking forward to seeing Rogue One on Monday so that should be fun, other than that, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Just take things one step at a time and try to focus on the immediate task at hand. Break it into smaller, more manageable tasks :heart: *hugs*

@HeyThereLittleBear: Thank you!

However, that isn't the whole story. I reached my breaking point and cried at work. What a scene! A man crying over a pile of papers and tasks on hand. I appreciate that people just let me be and talked to me in a gentle manner and left me alone. I refuse to be coddled at work. Although, to be honest, deep down, I just want a little sympathy.

I was just overwhelmed with the tasks. I can do them one at a time, yes, but the deadlines! I never really deal with deadlines efficiently. It's unfortunate that I'm assigned a major role only two months and a half of work there without much training (due to the person in charge resigning and they really need a person to feel the vacancy).

Worse part is, my crush saw me crying. A person younger, yes, and who I need to be strong for. (She's newer than me). :( What must she think of me?

Even now as I sit here typing this out with trembling hands I wonder if I'm making the right decision in pointing this out. I have severe depression lately and my grandma decided to press against me a little too hard, so I had taken a knife I had hidden and cut the palms of my hands (not deep, though they did bleed a little bit), I a worried about what they might tell me if I say something to them. I have also dropped my ratio from 50 / 50 story and sex to something more 70 / 30 or 60/40 after last time, I am visualist so I am able to see details of scenes in my mind and having nothing but sex (I apologize to people who might take this to heart). drive me mad.

Back
Top Bottom