Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Melody of Love [Letrixia x Silverknight]

Letrixia

Star
“Katty, wake up dear is time for you to go to school” a gentle shake from what she knew it was her mother woke her up from her slumber. The gentle touch of her mother moving the hair from her face was welcomed as Kathleen just remained there, no moving just smiling as her mother touched her face gently. A small box was then placed on under her hand, opening up the pill box she searched through the brail names for the ones she needed to take. Opening each bottle she placed the pills in her hand and swallowed them with a bit of water her mother gave her.”Thank you mom... is alright I can get up on my own” after feeling a kiss on her forehead she smiled and sighed she was alone was more on her room.

Her room was set so she could dress up on her own without needing help from anybody much less her parents. There was times however when she called on her mother to help her fix the tie or some small stuff like that. Everything was going normal on this day, everybody was going like it should be. Finally grabbing her walking stick after getting dressed she began walking out of her room, it was time for her to practice her piano lessons again at school, to see that wonderful but silly best friend and to reduce one day of her life limit, thing that she hated to do.

--Timeskip at school--

Some people knew her and said hi from the distance while others tried to not disturb her which was fine by her. She sighed as she walked feeling the floor with her stick from time to time she bumped into someone which made her ask for forgiveness, usually that was met with caring words from people at that school, it wasn't like she could do anything against it, she was blind after all. She hummed to herself trying to get everything calmed in her mind while she got to the room where she would spend the rest of her day.

“KATHLEEN!!!!” she felt a sudden hug from behind, it was Miko nobody could deny it otherwise. The only person besides her parents that was truly there for her ever since little. Smiling she hugged the girl back and kissed her cheek gently.

“Hello Miko, how are you doing today?” she smiled and moved her hand through her face in order to feel if she was smiling or not. She moved her hand slowly and Miko did not moved knowing full well what Katty was doing, “Igot good news for you!” said the cheerful Asian friend to Katty. “Mmhmm?” Kat asked as she took a couple of steps back and sat down on a bench.

“I got you an interview for a play!, if you impress them which I know you will your dream will happen!, you will play in front of a huge stage filled with people and me of course will be right there with you”. Mikos eyes opened wide, the pale white eyes began shaking as her hand began showing signs of extreme happiness. Without a word Kat hugged her friend tightly feeling the embrace back “I don't want you to go Katty... but if you must... I want you to go with a blast!” she smiled knowing full well that it was an oportunity that Katty will not miss no matter what.

“Better get prepared for it, they want a sad music from you... I am sure you can figure something out. If you manage to get through the audition they will release your song as a single after the play is done” Miko smiled and nodded before looking at the time. “Oh shit! I am late... cya Kitty-pie” Kat could hear the soles of her feet running away.

“That Miko... I will get there no matter what I do... I will practice everyday, at all times if I need to” she nodded grabbing the walking stick and beginning to walk towards the music room especially the one that was unlocked especially for her since it had no lights but a brand new piano that they could not get out of the room. She arrived there and felt around until she could feel the usual place where she would sit down. Placing her stick besides the seat she opened up the piano and tested the keys first. Taking a long deep breath she calmed down as her hands were shaking. She smiled and slowly began playing first testing a couple of songs that she knew but they were not good enough. “Let the feelings take you over....” a lesson given from her mother was all she needed. Closing her eyes she began thinking of all the suffering she was going through, all the pain and anguish... however all the hope and all the loved ones caring from her, from her Mother who was working two jobs to get her the school tuition, her father who worked two jobs and was a mechanic in order to provide food and shelter, her sister and Miko for providing support she needed. Without even realizing her hands were moving on their own, each keystroke meant something for her.

Tears began flowing down her cheeks as she continued thinking, playing, feeling and letting her feelings take over, much like her mother instructed her to do not too long ago. Without her knowing people were stopping and looking inside for a couple of seconds, taking in the melody and then continuing on. The piano song could be heard all over the hallway, a lot of people went silent enjoying whoever was playing, at least all those close enough to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgX1gL-uY_8

It was a new school, and a new life for Angelo as he walked though the halls of the school. He knew that this school was for the best of the best, students who were skilled at things that other people were not as good at. He knew he was smart, as smart as any person he knew, but he had it drilled into himself from a young age that humbleness was extremely important for life and he lived with a element of humbleness in his life at all times. He was sure that he would find smarter people and more talented people then himself in the school, though honestly so far, he hadn't meet that many other students other than Samuel his roommate who he found rather quickly was very different then him but also a good person who was thoughtful about life and many aspects of life despite his outward appearance.

Angelo walked down the hall, his book behind him as he noticed that it seemed that for a large degree that the students of the school were among the best looking that he had seen in a school. It made him wonder if there was a connection between looks and smarts in some small degree or not. He never thought he was that impressive in the looks category, though he had been told differently once or twice in his life. He stood at just under six feet tall, and while he was not here for sports or his athletic skills, he was in good shape. He was slightly on the skinny side with some muscle from helping out from when he did manual labor. He had a light tan, but generally he was pretty white, or pale, from a person who spent a good amount of time working inside on various things before coming to this school. He had striking blue eyes that were the general color of the ocean, he had a clear complexion and he had short dark brown hair, that was kept short so that he wouldn't have to put nearly as much time bothering with it as someone with long hair.

This day Angelo had on a pair of black pants and a blue buttoned up shirt. He figured he would need to dress up in days when he was at school. He was on a scholarship and he figured that he didn't want to do something stupid that could harm him and cost him any of that scholarship while he was at the school. He had his bag over his shoulder as he walked. So far it had been a rather simple and rather boring day and nothing really big had happened. He thought about what he was going to do when he got back to his dorm later, what he would study first and the order he would take in his efforts that night.

As he walked he heard something, a sound, that grabbed his attention completely and pulled in towards it. It was light a magnet that had him and pulled him out of way towards it. He knew music well enough, he was in his view decent enough at it, when he had been doing such things in school. Not special, but good enough. It was not some special talent that he had inside of himself. He felt drawn to this sound, this amazing and special sound that he knew was coming from someone talented. He had to know who, not knowing was bothering the living hell out of him. His feet were carrying quickly, more then he thought he was going as he walked down the hall with real purpose the sound of the music only growing louder and causing him to be more curious.

As he turned the corner he looked and saw a female at the piano playing a song, this magical song. He walked over and took a seat quietly, he wasn't sure if he was heard or not. He just had to listen to the rest of the song as it was so perfectly amazing. He leaned back and listened to the magic that was being preformed right in front of himself at that moment. His enjoyment of the music and amazement that he could have such a moment as this, so great. He had forgotten about the mundane of the day, and was only focused upon listening the the sounds from this musician and the piano she was playing on.

Kat played with her eyes closed although she could feel a presence, she could hear his heartbeat going crazy almost as if he or she was following the piece Kat was playing. Nodding to herself she finished up and picked up her tissue to get the sweat from her forehead. She leaned back and looked up as she smiled, “Yes... this is the piece... still some issues here and there that I need to get over but I am sure this will be the one... mothers lullaby”. She giggled to herself and she finally wrote some stuff down so her mother could get it to brail on the store. Looking around she picked up her papers and placed them inside her bag.

She then grabbed her walking stick and slowly stood up, stretching her back she picked up her phone and dialed a button. A voice came out telling her the time, she needed a few minutes still to make her way towards the first class but everybody on school understood and some teachers were often asking her why continue school if she was going to die soon anyways. The way she thought about it was not to die with cheerful mamories than to let others live with memories of her in their minds. The only way she knew how to do that was through music and through piano.

Even her mother which was being overly brave at this point knew of her fate and agreed with her way of thinking. It wasn't by any way that she gave up, Katty contantly was called in for studies on her condition but seeing as nobody knew exactly what was the cause they were stumped finding a cure. She knew that by time she would loose control over her legs, arms and even basic motor speech such as speaking and lastly breathing. Doctors had done their best to find answers and still were but the truth was it was impossible to find a cure in time to help heal her, she knew that she was going to die.

Angelo remained sitting as he listened, how long would it last, he wasn't sure, he was to focused on her and this moment listening to each moment that she played. He wondered if she would stop just cause he had walked into the room. He heard the magic stop not that long after he had walked in, figuring that she had just finished playing. He heard her voice, a soft sweet voice befitting a woman of such unique talent with a piano that was in his mind uniquely amazing and special. He smiled as he heard her giggle, something about it caused him to smile slightly as he looked at her, watching her as she put up her papers. He slowly got to his feet stretching his hands over his head as he cracked his knuckles and then looked back as he saw her pick up a walking stick. He blinked as he saw this development that happened in front of himself.

She was using a walking stick, she was blind. The fact took a moment to phase in on him, such skill from someone who couldn't see the keys but knew them in her head. He was amazed by her, and her skill with the piano even more given her natural limitations. He was in awe of this woman and her talent and skill. He walked from his chair naturally towards the female, the raven haired girl who had played such an amazing song for him to hear. He walked up to her as searched for his own voice to introduce himself and offer some type of help. It would be some way in which he could repay her for the song that she had played. The song that had caused him to have a good moment to his day that brightened up his rather gray and mundane day up a great deal.

"Hello, um, miss, I am sorry, I am sure you might not of wanted someone to listen to you play music, but I couldn't but help myself," he said to her as he stood nearby her looking at her as he moved closer to her. "now, let me return the favor of music that you have done for me. Let me please take your bag and walk you to class. I am sure that I can help you along the way, and won't mess with your stuff, promise," he said figuring that the best way for him to help her out would be to carry her bag for her to her class. He figured that he couldn't but help do such a thing. "Now, I was wondering do you play here often, your music is lovely, it is brilliant and beautiful. It was better than most anything I have ever heard, and more filled with life than anything I can think of at the moment."

He smiled though he knew that she couldn't see such a thing. He wondered what year she was and who she was. He thought and felt stupid for a moment as he came to a realization that popped into his mind that moment. "I am sorry, it is wrong to ask questions without introducing ones self. My name is Angelo, and it is a great pleasure to meet you."

She walked through the halls unaware of a person following her, that was until he made his presence known by finally speaking to her. Stopping and moving to one of the corners so she would not interrupt people walking to their classrooms she looked in the direction of where the sound was. Her eyes were pure white, there were no color to them, they seemed dead for the longest of time, perhaps even never being shown light. She searched her bag for her sunglasses which were more to cover her eyes than anything else and shook her head, “I am alright I only take one class here and is music class which is where I am heading right now. Pleasure to meet you Angelo my name is Kathleen but people call me Katty for shorts”. She moved her hand for him to shake and nodded if he did.

“Also why would I play if I did not wanted to be heard? Music is meant to be heard, to be admired and searched for. The soul of the person playing can be easily described through a good song, a perfect tune... Hello Miko” before she could even react Miko spoke. “You go on to class Kitty-Kat I will take care of this guy holding you”.

Kathleen shook her head she knew the girl was applying one of her judo holds to him, after all she was there for sports especially Judo. “Now now Miko let him go, he was not being a bother, on the contrary he was being really nice”. She shook her head and felt her phone vibrating, “Gotta go, sorry again Angelo” she giggled and began walking once again towards the classroom.

Once she was gone Miko released him from his hold and pushed him to the wall. “Listen buddy, I am tired of watching people take advantage of Kitty because she cannot see. I am warning you for your own good, don't get too involved with her or else you will be dissapointed and depressed... she does not have much time”.

The sound of someone falling on the ground was heard and Miko rushed over to see Katty on the floor. Quickly she approached her and lifted her up, “You okay Kitty Kat?”. Kat nodded as she got up and got her walking stick back on her hands. “I am alright just tripped thats all” Miko shook her head and began dusting her shoulders off, “Right... now go to class the teacher is waiting”. Lucky the room was right next door so she got in quickly.

Looking back at Angelo, Miko shook her head, “You can admire her music all you want, after all she is a master at what she does. But I don't ever want to see you talking to her again, for your own good...”.

Angelo looked at the raven haired female as he was face to face, noting the whiteness of her eyes, the look told him that she couldn't see, a fact he had noticed a bit earlier, but there was something to this, something that was sad, and he had a bad feeling in his gut looking at her. He smiled though as he nodded his head, looking at Kathleen or Katty. He figured that she was here cause fo that musical talent, the talent that was so easy to pick up upon by him. He heard the fact that she only had one class which confirmed why she was here, but also made him worry, it was not normal for a person to be here for one class, being blind wouldn't be the reason for a person to be in one class. Now he knew it would be far to rude to ask her about that, and thus he didn't say anything at all, as he figured anything would be rude.

He heard her reasoning, it was true, but most people would be to shy to share such a talent, even those who were talented would be afraid to share their natural talent and abilities cause of natural self doubt in those skills that they might not find good enough. He understood self doubt all to well as it bothered him to no end, being not good enough had always bothered him at everything. Jack of all trades, master of none, thus not good enough in any one area was how he thought about it. He figured that doubt bothered him and maybe limited him. So to see someone so open about their talent was a bit different for him.

He was about to reply to her question when he heard another person walking up behind him. He found an arm around his neck pressing against it firmly as he was in a sort of head lock that he wasn't going to get out of the strength of the female holding him was scary really. She was far stronger then he was, and he knew why she had been accepted to this school within a few seconds of feeling her arms around his neck. Now he was glad that she did let go, thanks to Katty's words. He didn't have long till she grabbed him again and felt his back pressed against the wall. This girl was protective, to a high degree. He did however catch what he worried was true. The girls health was not good, and that was why she was only in the class she was talented in. Most likely to have moments of joy in her life. Maybe that acceptance, that knowledge that there was an end made her more bold and open about sharing her own talents. He wasn't sure but it seemed possible. He didn't have a chance to say anything back to the atheltic young woman before she was off him and helping Katty.

"Now, I would figure you would want each and every day for her to be as happy as possible," he commented to Miko as he fixed his shirt. "I figure driving off people would only isolate someone and would cause them to not be able to spread their happiness in those last days. As long as one knows what they are getting into, one should choose if they want to or not. Now I shall talk with your friend again, there is a simple question for which I want to ask her of the next time I see her," he commented as he turned and left.

What a day, he had not had a mundane day, the music, the encounter had been surprising as he thought about staying and waiting for her after class to ask the question. Yet, he figured if he did that he would get the eye from her friend and honestly he didn't want that. He figured he would need to come up with a plan to meet her. He guessed that she would be in the same place playing music again the next day. If he could wait for her there he could cut her off at the pass as it were.

Walking into his room, he saw his roommate Samuel sitting painting looking out the window focused on the painting of the landscape viable from the room. Walking across the room. Angelo sat at his computer and started to do some writing as his mind was thinking about the day. He wanted to put this all down before he forgot it. This day had been a rather unique day and writing it down help him figure it out better in his mind and helped him when he thought about what he should do next. Always was a way for him to clear out his thoughts, and focus more.

"How is the painting coming did you get any done, I heard that you are expected to have a big work done in a week or so," Angelo commented with a smile as he looked over at his friend and roommate.

Samuel sat calmly looking at the painting in front of him, He was very different than Angelo, he was skinny, and tall standing a good six and a half feet which onyl showed off how skinny he was more. he had messy dirt blonde hair that always looked unkept and like he might of just gotten up fifteen minute or so before. He was rather white, very white, one might even call slightly pale complexion despite the time he did spend outside painting and drawing. His emerald eyes, and abundance of freckles were the most striking features of the young man. He man was laid back, and not very serious most of the time as he loved to enjoy the company of people and many times was out at night doing that, enjoying the company of students who he would paint and then charm.

"It will work out, just need my muse, you know a inspiration, cute, beautiful, who I can use to make a work of art that will be a true explosion of exasperation and yet, just awesome," he said with his normal sorta almost lazy tone to his voice, his words slow in coming out of his mouth. "I can hook you up with some that aren't quite good enough, that could be fun, you know, beautiful women alone, nothing better than that," he said with a grin.

"Naah, I have things I need to do, things to work on and things to focus on tonight," Angelo replied with a smile as he continued to work, Angelo leaving not long after to go find more inspirations for his work as he put it. Angelo didn't want to find a inspiration for his work per say, he wasn't like his friend, he wasn't sure of his gift, or even like Katty, who knew where she was talented. His talent, well he was never sure if he really had one, despite what others might say, he never felt that great. He would be there in the morning early, where Katty played and he would wait to see if she showed up or not, that was his plan, he was sure of it now.

The next morning he waited, in the room for her, he would surprise her and he would get her attention. He thought about what he could do to gain her attention and her focus, as he knew that she couldn't see him. He figured words would be a bad start too, and he wanted to make a good impression upon her. He had gotten there way earlier then she he had seen her and found the room empty and just leaned back in a chair. He once had gone after a girl who was into musicians and he figured to even his odds he learned to play the guitar, figuring that would give him a shot. Now he had been proven so wrong it wasn't funny, he could play cause of that effort. He didn't consider himself great or anything, just okay, decent, like all things a jack of all trades master of none of them. He would wait till she showed up before he would start to play, if she didn't well then he just had a day where he missed his classes which wasn't a big deal, he could make up the work, whatever it was that he missed.

The rest of the afternoon was uneventfull she told her teacher the good news and she was clearly happy and wanted the best for Kat. They began working on the notes of the composition she was going to sing at the event she needed it to be the best she could. She would take parts from a couple of her songs and put them together nicely to create a masterpiece. Few hours passed and it was time for her to go to the hospital for her daily motion training. She walked out of the school until she heard her father next to her escorting her towards the car. They drove off in direction to the local hospital and a few hours of pain, but they were welcomed pain as the treatment was having an effect so far.

She practiced and did her best, with renewed effort she did her best and tried her best in walking and doing the leg excercises. Finally the hospital got her another piece of good news, the training of her family dog was complete and Luna was back at their home waiting on Katty. Luna was a beautiful syberian husky which was very protective of her owner Kat. He often dropped her on the floor for trying to help her which was why she was sent to train as a blind guide dog. She was eager to get home as she did the dog greeted her happily by jumping next to her on the couch once she sat down and beginning to lick her face.

“Now now Luna... I missed you too beautiful” she giggled and hugged her dog tightly before she began to pat him on the head softly hearing her softly howl as every husky did. The next voice she heard was her mothers, “I talked to the school and they are going to let you take Luna due to your special circumstances but you are expected to take care of her, feed her and everything while you are at school. “Yeah mom don't worry I will” she smiled kissing her dog on her nose before nodding.

“Now Luna, let's see how your training went, please take me to my room” she grabbed the handle on the dog and felt Luna escort her towards her room. She felt around to see if this really was her room which she was surprised the training really did took effect. Finally she laid down on the bed feeling the shift on weight besides her as luna did the same on the opposite side of the bed. The next day was going to be long and she needed her rest.

The next day arrived and now with Luna back she decided to go to the room where she practiced to practice the first couple of lines of the new song her teacher and herself were doing. She could feel the soft snoring of Luna right besides her as Kat only guessed that she was taking a nap

images

Angelo had found a place to sit in the room in the back of the room. He put his guitar case next to himself and made sure that it was tuned up correctly. He played it ever now and then, but not that much. It was somewhat a symbol of a failure so it wasn't so big of a thing cause of that simple reason. He tuned it up pretty well, the guitar was taken care of well, as he figured that maybe someday, he would be able to use his skills to impress someone else. He didn't think he would use it while in school unless he wanted to charm some woman. This time wasn't cause of that, no, he figured the best way to talk to a musician was to play music, it would be the ideal way to communicate with that person. It was something that would cut though words and any missunderstandings. To say basically, hey, I can understand you as a musician cause I know how to play music too.

Now, would the music get though, would his lack of skill or self believe that he had a lack of general greatness within himself stop the message from getting though. He wasn't sure about that, but he had to quiet that self doubt, and that self worry. He had to remind himself that logically that this was just to see if he could connect with someone on a musical level perhaps. There wasn't much to this. He also figured he could be kind and help maybe in some way a ill young woman who might enjoy hearing someone else play for her and hear music they were not used to. He sat fixing his guitar to play the song which wasn't so easy, but he figured he could handle it. He knew what he was doing and objectively was pretty good if someone were to hear him, they most likely would be at least a bit impressed.

He took a deep breath as he looked up at the clock that was hanging in the room. He remembered when the young woman Katty came into the room the day before and he knew that it was nearly time for her to come in again. He waited as he saw a large dog lead this woman into the room and he knew that it was time to put up or shut up for good. He started to play the song the moment that she walked into the room. He was focused on the keys and hitting them, in his mind it was like putting a puzzle together each key a piece that fell into perfect place, a challenge that his hands and mind worked as one to solve and unlock the sounds of the music. The music from his guitar bellowed forth as he leaned back, his left food moving up and down slightly as he played almost as it keep him in rhythm as he played. Was the message getting though, maybe yes, maybe no, but he was playing to see, and he wouldn't know till he was finished and he finished decently quickly due to the fact he had just choose a small song and he looked for the white eyed girl to see if she was still there one and what her reaction to this might be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2kWKGny1k

Kat noticed the person at the moment she entered the room, the only good thing about being blind all other senses are much more defined. She paid no mind to him, she knew if he posed a threat her buddy besides her would easily take care of him. Playing the same song she heard him playing and just let him accompany her with the music not really minding about him at all. She played much like the day before and when she finished she just stood up and faced the way he was sitting. She could swear she heard a guitar and she just smiled, “Two keys off... but otherwise a perfect song. I am sorry of what my friend did to you yesterday she can be rather protective of me. We known each other since babies, my name is Kathleen but people just call me Kitty for shorts, or Kat”.

She approached him and gently moved her hand to touch his face following the line of his lips and the eyes. “Why are you so serious?”she smiled and looked over at where he was, “Life is too short to be sad and serious, smile”. She sighed and pressed a button on her watch, a small voice came out saying the time. “Today I have no classes, however I have to go sign up in the trials and show my face. I know Miko cannot take me today because she has practice for her own tournament but I was wondering... if I tell her to tell you where it is, would you please escort me?. Me going there alone is not a good thing, especially with me not being able to see”.

Back
Top Bottom