Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

US Election 2016

Did you vote?

• Trump

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Clinton

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I didn't vote

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Embla

Planetoid
Well, I'm up at nearly 5am my time to possibly watch the world unfold with the current elections. It's an extremely tight race and I really don't see a great outcome either way. I'm from England so with the recent Brexit disaster, things can only get worse.

What are your opinions on the election? And, if you're from England, how do you feel about Brexit?

Im not from England but I feel the Brexxit is a good thing, why not vote for your independence from a failing European super power that bleeds the United kingdoms income? In my research the UK in the next couple of years stands on it's own incomes fairly well. Besides, from what I have seen the EU is nothing more then a Dictatorship feigning democracy. "Oh, you can vote! But... Oh wait, you voted... For that huh? Here, because we care about you and you voted wrong, we will make it so you can vote again. And again, and again, and again until: You vote right! Congradualations for doing what we wanted out of y- I mean, for doing your civic duty and voting. :D "

As for the 2016 election, it is looking like Trump will win. Which I don't mind one way or the other. She is corrupt, evil and just as foul to women as trump is. Trump is just foul to women and will say dumb things. And maybe, allegedly,... Well, more then likely sexually assaulted women like a certain candidates husband did. I think I prefer someone who is offensive over someone who has actually done evil things through the coarse of a political career though. Like getting a child molester off the hook and laughing about it years later. Or Bullying the victims of her husband to silence. And even mysterious death victims *CoughAssasinationsCough Cough* Following in her career. Just ask Deputy White House council member Vincent Foster... Oh wait, you cant, he died.... In a "Suicide." In the end I say choos the lesser of the two evil's in your mind. After all, a monkey can be president, president's are over hyped desk sitter's. Being baby sited by everyone else in the White house. Our congress, Senate etc and the people advising our president are the people to really look at and concern yourself with.

Brexir is not a good thing. UK was gaining more from EU than it cost them. Now their only option of getting the same benefits is taking the same deal that Norway has: Pay as much money to EU as they used to, obey all EU laws and regulations but lose all influence over EU decisions.

Eh.

We were fucked with either candidate. But I will say I wasn't expecting... quite such a landslide.

Shoulda' voted Vermin Supreme people.

I'm American.

I'm holdingmy children close tonight and crying at 3 AM because i cant protect them from the next 4 years.

I am physically sick over the election results and what they mean for my family

I'm Canadian and man, what a shit show, guys.
What a shit show.

ezgif-3056121738.gif

When someone who brags about not paying taxes, and questions the integrity of the democratic system, ends up winning the approval of the people, you know you have two terrible nominees.

The country itself is fucked either way but I'm just worried about the minorities in the country with Trump's win. I fear for increased hate crimes against Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and LGBT communities.

Also, LMAO @ Canada's immigration website crashing! xD

Just a friendly reminder that this election has been hard and fucking weird for the country, but at the end of the day, the sun will still rise, a new day comes, and life will go on.

If the candidate you supported won, don't gloat like an asshole. The other half of people feel hurt and wronged. Many of them now feel afraid or question their existence in the US, what might become of themselves, their family, and their friends. That type of uncertainty is hard to put to rest, and gloating only adds more hurt.

If the candidate you supported didn't win, don't lash out at those who voted for the opposition. Not everyone is going to approve of a candidate 100%, and will only choose the one whose policies most align with what they believe. Or maybe they just cared about a conservative or liberal swinging Supreme Court.

Whatever it was, remember that not everyone who voted for Clinton is a manipulative liar and a cheat, and that not everyone who voted for Trump is racist and misogynist. Don't reduce people into a single political ideology, and remember that there are such diverse reasons for voting one way or another. Have compassion and respect for what people feel we need as a country, even if you don't understand why or even if you disagree. We need that now as a country, more than ever.

If you are unhappy with the outcome, then please don't just sit there, cry and whine over the internet; try and make a difference. Call your representatives, send letters, sign petitions, and have CALM and educated discussions. Make your voice heard, say what you need to say, and know that it DOES count. But also strive to ensure peace, and strive for the betterment of the self and others.

As bad as it seems (or good, depending on how you see things), remember that Americans have privileges that many others around the world do not, so speak up and help to make a change! This is YOUR country; these are YOUR fellow people. The unity of compassion and understanding will always overcome the divisiveness of hate. Remember that, and America will be okay.

Just my $0.02.

Well said and I agree 100%. At the end of the day the United States is a nation of laws and respect for those laws. One person is not going to change that.

The United States bled red yesterday, which surprised a lot of people. Check it out by state and also by county:

Election Results by State and County

Why do you think Trump managed to pull this off despite all the media coverage for Hillary and all the anti-Trump sentiments going around, especially on social media sites that many Americans have access to?

Also, to lighten the mood, here are some election memes that (mostly) everyone has loved. :)

CwzBA2rVIAEQg0R.jpg

R2XyhPL.png

14955797_567129793474891_755104652822978030_n.jpg

14947847_1776386199339079_5577429625299437574_n.jpg

15036471_1311383232214260_8461340844116945586_n.jpg

"No matter what happens, the sun will rise in the morning."
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJfPRFmFW8[/video]​

I couldn't help myself.

Well said, Ariamella. I've been echoing those same sntiments since the ball dropped. You said it far more eloquently. I'm a republican, and the cheap shots I've seen launched at already hurting democrats is making me sick. Alot of us sympathize even though we share different core values.

[td] text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text [/td]
[td]

" Indians and wolves are both beasts of prey, tho’ they differ in shape.
George Washington

" If ever we are constrained to lift the hatchet against any tribe, we will never lay it down till that tribe is exterminated, or driven beyond the Mississippi… in war, they will kill some of us; we shall destroy them all.
Thomas Jefferson

" My original convictions upon this subject have been confirmed by the course of events for several years, and experience is every day adding to their strength. That those tribes cannot exist surrounded by our settlements and in continual contact with our citizens is certain. They have neither the intelligence, the industry, the moral habits, nor the desire of improvement which are essential to any favorable change in their condition. Established in the midst of another and a superior race, and without appreciating the causes of their inferiority or seeking to control them, they must necessarily yield to the force of circumstances and ere long disappear.
Andrew Jackson

" I don't go so far as to think that the only good indians are dead indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth.
Theodore Roosevelt

" The mingling of Asiatic blood with European or American blood produces, in nine cases out of ten, the most unfortunate results.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

" When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.
Donald Trump

[/td]
[td] text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text [/td]

Well said, Aria for president! ♥

Why do you think Trump managed to pull this off despite all the media coverage for Hillary and all the anti-Trump sentiments going around, especially on social media sites that many Americans have access to?

all the media coverage for Hillary and all the anti-Trump sentiments going around

That's the reason. I feel people are getting the impression that the 'system' is rejecting Trump so much because he is 'an outsider' to the political scene. They're frustrated with how the country is being handled, and so look for a new solution to change things and hope its for the better. It becomes even more evident when the media is exaggerating things and blowing things out of proportion. I mean, yeah, sexual assault and tax evasion are terrible things, but I feel a few accusations hurled his way were a bit exaggerated (What's wrong in calling Hilary nasty honestly?). People saw that as a sign of fear, and since Trump was playing the 'the system is rigged against me' card, they were only helping him win.

Besides, Hilary herself isn't a tough opponent. All her appeal comes from a)Trump being abhorrent b) Not having a penis. When your campaign rests on your opponent's blunders, and trying to dismiss your critics as sexists/racists, your case won't have as much support. If only Bernie was the democratic nominee *sigh*

Oh, and I honestly don't know who would be best for the country. I'm not too invested in politics to know. My impression of Hilary is that she's deceitful and crooked, and my impression of Trump is that he's un-presidential, illiterate, and knows nothing of policies. Its boils down to 'do I want someone who's horrible behind my back, or someone who is horrible to my face' kind of thing to me.

@Mitsu: The difference in vocab is astounding lol

The simple fact is that Hillary... just wasn't appealing. Even discounting the baggage related to her emails, and the various shocking things she's said in the past which went suspiciously unmentioned by the media circus while they were busy digging up perverted statements Donnie boy made in the past (some of Hillary's own examples including a desire to go to war with Iran and her own thoughts of putting a wall around the border of Mexico), she just didn't have many appealing traits and was seeming to bank on the idea of being the first female president.

And her attempts to appeal to young voters were just cringeworthy.

'Pokemon Go to the polls' anybody?

I know Sanders is supposed to be divisive to some but, as far as PR goes I thought he would have been much better received than he was.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=70365&pid=1769625#pid1769625

lmao i tried to tell yall an entire year ago

e: that was actually kinda flippant so i'll add some brief bullet points

- i think democrats took the midwest for granted. obama was from illinois and everything was "working class, working class, jobs jobs jobs" and he ran up against an awkward cartoon plutocrat.
- does anybody know why hillary ran for president or what she wanted to do? everything out of her mouth sounded like an executive summary of ten different people.
- i didn't expect so many of obama's voters in 2012 to just... not bother voting this time. hm.
- democrats need to stop nominating nerds for office and thinking that logic and common sense will get them across the finish line. charisma and emotion are important. you might not think that's fair and blah blah idiocracy but it is what it is.

idk, trump turned out to be a terrible general election candidate who said tons of awful stuff.

he spent 70% of the time picking twitter fights and 20% of the time having some gross horrific dirt displayed to the world and 10% of the time talking about his message

still won

November said:
idk, trump turned out to be a terrible general election candidate who said tons of awful stuff.

he spent 70% of the time picking twitter fights and 20% of the time having some gross horrific dirt displayed to the world and 10% of the time talking about his message

still won

Dunno if that says more about Hillary, or the American people.

I hail from the Philippines, and now I am fearing how this would mean for the economics and relationship of US and the Philippines. I mean I know that with our current president, the relationship is already strained.

Well, Duterte cursed Mr. Obama. If there is some fricking stupid and annoying American he should curse, it should be Trump. Trump is some sort of evil. He does not like the minority, and sexist. He said "We will make America great again." :-/ Again? How was that supposed to mean? Was it not great during Obama's tutelage? Obama did not do anything annoying or bad. :( Poor Obama.

I was rooting for Clinton to win. It is about time America become developed and recognise women into power. A little late but alright. However, I have a feeling, a strong one at that, Trump will win.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
I hail from the Philippines, and now I am fearing how this would mean for the economics and relationship of US and the Philippines. I mean I know that with our current president, the relationship is already strained.

Well, Duterte cursed Mr. Obama. If there is some fricking stupid and annoying American he should curse, it should be Trump. Trump is some sort of evil. He does not like the minority, and sexist. He said "We will make America great again." :-/ Again? How was that supposed to mean? Was it not great during Obama's tutelage? Obama did not do anything annoying or bad. :( Poor Obama.

I was rooting for Clinton to win. It is about time America become developed and recognise women into power. A little late but alright. However, I have a feeling, a strong one at that, Trump will win.
Uh, Trump had already been announced the winner even before you made your post.

Also, while I completely agree that there's a large discrepancy in the male to female ratio in the US government, Clinton just being a women should never be a reason to put her, or any other female presidential candidate, in office. The idea that someone should have a presidency just because "she's the woman," is as equally exclusive and absurd as because "he's the man." Her gender should be completely irrelevant. Her history and character, all candidate's histories and characters, are what need to be taken into account.

Personally, I didn't vote. I can't predict the future, and I'm not going to pretend I'm smart enough to say which of the two would make a worse president down the line. I just believed, still believe, both of them are absolutely going to be bad.

[size=-2]Wait Trump, the man known as Donald J. Trump become president of the USA? So that's why my American neighbors were in tears and screaming "I don't freaking believe it!"[/size]

ColorWheelY said:
Uh, Trump had already been announced the winner even before you made your post.

Also, while I completely agree that there's a large discrepancy in the male to female ratio in the US government, Clinton just being a women should never be a reason to put her, or any other female presidential candidate, in office. The idea that someone should have a presidency just because "she's the woman," is as equally exclusive and absurd as because "he's the man." Her gender should be completely irrelevant. Her history and character, all candidate's histories and characters, are what need to be taken into account.

Personally, I didn't vote. I can't predict the future, and I'm not going to pretend I'm smart enough to say which of the two would make a worse president down the line. I just believed, still believe, both of them are absolutely going to be bad.
One, I apologise for that. A slight mistake in grammar can change its meaning. What I actually meant was that I was rooting for Clinton to win but had a feeling that Trump will win. And he did. The feeling was there before I received the news yesterday (in my local time). I should have wrote "had" instead of "have". Oops!

And two, oh no! I wasn't rooting for Clinton to win based solely on the fact that she is female. To do so, would be a flaw in logic. No, that is one small factor. I know she isn't perfect- there are many cases that I don't need to put here (such as the email thingy amongst others). But she is the lesser evil, in my eyes.

It makes me wonder though that there were other candidates; why are only the two of them are being publicised? What happen to the following?

Gary Johnson on the Libertarian Party
Jill Stein on the Green Party
Gloria Estela L Riva on the Peace and Freedom Party

All we have publicised are:
Hillary Clinton on the Democratic Party
Donald Trump on the Republican/American Independent Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom