Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Prayer of the Hunted (Haru and BD)

Essis Rookson was inside the mainframe. Her digital self floating inside the technology as she searched and downloaded a myriad of information in her head. On Ungoliant II the world was nothing but tech and computers. Inhabited by the Priests and Priestesses that excelled with this particular technology and machinery. Really, back in the "Olden Days" Priests and Priestesses were called Hackers. Monikers change, as did the reason for their accessing any computer in the universe and perusing and downloading information. For each Priest and Priestess, the reasoning was different. For Essis, it was for knowledge. Knowledge was power.

Did she use this power? At times, yes. But only to defend those who are unable to do so themselves. She felt she was after justice. The Digitized Robyn Hood. That was her username anyways. Her alias when she was inside the tech, as she was now.

Everything started to turn red suddenly and she knew she found something she shouldn't have. Which meant that she was going to want it big time. So she quickly downloaded the data, encrypting it so no one else would get to it until she had the chance to go through it.

Afterward, she left the mainframe and came back to physical self, letting the tech unplug itself from her spine and the base of her skull. Afterward, she removed her mask and sat up in her seat, rolling her shoulders and her neck before she started stretching. Once she moved from the chair, she picked up her jacket and slipped it on before she let the rest of her hair down.

One week later

Eron was bustling about, more than normal where Essis was concerned. It was something she was extremely grateful for. She had found out, through another hack session that the Red Alarm data she'd procured belonged to the Nakada-Kura Syndicate, a well known interstellar crime organization, and now, because of the stolen data, they were after her. Dead or alive, it didn't seem to matter. Alive would obviously be preferable, as it would make it easier for them to retrieve the data back from her, but she didn't doubt for a second that her death would be no loss for them either. Since she was sure that was how she was going to end up regardless.

She found out about this only two days after the procurement. After that, she laid low, she hadn't been inside any tech for the last four days now, with the exception of creating an entirely new alias of Gypsy, specifically to look for a way off the planet. What she needed though, was a smuggler. She found one. His reputation was excellent, it seemed he was in the habit of keeping secrets and following through whatever job to the end. She knew he was on Ungoliant II, and it was only logical to look for him at the docks. She knew what he looked like, thanks to the system, of which she made sure to remove all images of him from the mainframe. It wouldn't do if the Syndicate happened to figure out where she was simply because of this smuggler..

Kav looked out from where he stood close to the docking bay. The coffee in his hand had long gone cold, but he didn't care. It was pretty bad even when it was hot. All this insta-crap they put in the vending machines nowadays. Word had it that Ungoliant II had work for guys like him. Like him. What the fuck did that even mean any more? Kav sighed and looked over to where his AS-5 Proteus was in the bay. Of course he'd had to drop through the Baradeton Debris Field to get planetside. A major fuck-up and the only reason the ship wasn't totaled was because nobody new how to fly one better than he did. In orbit around Ungoliant II his frigate, the Procyon Hawk waited for his return. He was going to have to stop for supplies anyway, but dropping through the debris field had left him needed repairs too.

Tossing the half drank coffee into the closest trash bin he checked on his ship and was told it would be a few more hours at least. His left arm twitched a little, a dull pain in his shoulder making him roll it a bit. Funny how after all these years those phantom pains hit, long after the arm had been replaced with a cybernetic. He kept the gloves on and most were never the wiser, he was simply amused. How the hell did you get phantom pains in a cybernetic limb? Not that that was all on him that was artificial. Lots of folks said he was a fake person all-around. It all just rolled off his back. Nobody ever questioned his piloting skills. Not after his retirement from the 13th. Which was where he'd lost his arm in the first place. And a few other bits.

Getting on his comm he caled up to the ship. "SIA, you there?" he asked. He knew she was. The Ship's Interface Android was the closest he ever had to a traveling companion and over time they'd become a bit... close.

"Yes." came the reply.

"Shouldn't be too long. Just a few hours maybe. Anything you need me to bring back?" he asked.

There was a pause. "Just return safely." she replied, managing to sound like she really missed him. If he didn't know better he could imagine her waiting for him, nude, stretched out on the bed, legs spread... Kav pushed that out of his head. Fucking hell he needed to get laid. Too much time out in space alone. Knowing he had a few hours to kill he walked out of the docks proper and onto the surface streets of Eron. It wasn't nearly as busy on the ground level, but that was how he liked it. One could even see the glowing red lights of the brothel district from the docks. Probably from all the docks. The city planners knew their shit. Reaching into his jacket he pulled out a pack of cigarettes. One nice thing about being a smuggler and keeping to the lower levels, nobody batted an eye and you could smoke in peace. Lighting up he headed toward the red lights.

Essis had a long jacket on with a hood, and since she was trying to remain unseen, for the most part, she had it up and it covered most of her face. It left her full lips in view. She was just barely over five feet in height and had a petite build. She was just about to turn to enter the docking bay when she saw just whom she was looking for. He looked as though he were on a mission though, but then again. So was she. She moved, walking toward him now, enough to block his path as he drew closer, and she would keep herself in front of him if he moved.

Once she was close enough, she held out a small hand, "I need your services," she would say simply. She hoped it would be enough. She wasn't sure, and she wasn't that much of a people person in general.

Kav wasn't the largest of men, but he could cut an imposing figure if he had to. At about six-foot-two, he was a well built man, and he hadn't gotten a few steps outside the docking bay when his path was blocked by what he assumed was a teenager. There was no indication of what sex the person might be, but he caught a glimpse of those full lips and then heard the voice. Female. Stopping in his tracks he pulled the smoke from his mouth and exhaled. Twin contrails of vapor poured from his nostrils.

"Oh yeah? Just what do you think I do, missy?" he asked, hoping to get a better look at this person. Her hand was small, petite even, and female. Kav figured if this was someone looking to harm him they'd have sent someone a bit more... substantial.

"Do you really want me to say it aloud, Kav?" She asked him pointedly, "Someplace private, please. I need to get away from possible prying eyes," she added to him. He was a lot bigger than she thought him to be. Then again, being as short as she was, everyone was a lot bigger than she thought them to be. She made no other move, her right hand was still held out and if he looked closely enough, he would see her tattoo that marked her a Priestess, it wasn't the whole thing that showed, but the top portion, just enough to make out the Tree of Knowledge.

Kav raised a brow as she used his name and slowly shook his head. "Fine. Let's head down the street to one of the bars. I have a feeling I'll need a drink." he said, and glanced down to see her ink. "A Priestess huh? Must be important." he said, the sarcasm dripping off his words. "I assume you can pay, so let's go talk." he said. Right down the way was a well known spot, Club Lush, and it would be easy enough to find some privacy there. Kav made sure to walk beside her as they went.

Essis ignored the sarcastic remark of her being a Priestess. She supposed she should have kept her sleeves tightly down to keep the tattoo covered, but no use in fretting about it now. Not when her life was at stake. She followed alongside him to the night club, it'd been awhile since she'd been in one actually, this one in particular. Still, once they were inside, she pointed into one of the booths in the back corner, where she could keep an eye out for anyone that looked like they were from the Syndicate.

Once there and seated, she activated the screen to hide them from everyone else, yet they were still able to see what was going on, it also blocked out the noise of the crowd and the music, the sudden silence was almost more deafening than the loud music and shouting.

Once she was sure everything was secured, she pushed back her hood, revealing the rest of her face. Almond shaped eyes were framed with thick black lashes and black eyebrows that were slightly arched. The color of her eyes were a rich, dark brown that flash red when the light them just right. Fair skin was marred only by the straight lined scar that was on the outside edge of her right eye, it went from just above her eyebrow down to the top of the apple of her cheek. her hair had a white streak at her right brow, but otherwise it was black as night, was straight, thick and was cut short to rest just below her chin.

One would be able to tell she hadn't been sleeping, or not well, considering the darkness beneath her eyes.

"I would like to hire you, Kav," she told him, "I need you to get me out of here, and away from this planet, the galaxy even," she added.

Kav followed the slight female back to the booth, but gestured to the bar to send someone over. As they would take their seats and the screen as activated, Kav settled those dark eyes of his on the girl. She really was quite pretty, and unusual. Her hair framed her face nicely, and she wasn't slovenly in any way. Which struck him as a Priestess that took care of herself and didn't lock herself away in some musty computer room somewhere letting the world fall all to shit around their physical form. The fatigue and weariness were clear on her face and she brought out immediately that she wanted to hire him.

About this time there came a knock at the screen. "I asked for them to send over a server. I need a drink." Kav explained as he opened the screen.

Standing there was a pale-skinned human girl with bright pink lipstick to match her hair and she smiled sweetly at Kav. "Can I get you something to drink, handsome?" she asked.

"I'll have a Darthak Redeye." he looked over at the girl trying to hire him. "What about you?" he asked.

Once their order was placed he closed the screen and turned back to the girl. "Seems you have me at a disadvantage, knowing my name, but me not knowing yours. So, you wanna hire me. What's your name?" he asked.

There was little way to tell if she was being truthful but Kav looked a bit skeptical. "Ok, so this isn't a charity. I assume you have the funds for payment?"

About this time, the waitress came back.

Essis started a bit, her left hand moving sharply to her left hip where she had a gun holstered. Clearly prepared to shoot if the knock came from someone sent to get her. But then hearing Kav, she relaxed just a smidge, and a bit more when she realized it truly was a waitress.

"Elsinore," she replied gently as she moved her gaze from the girl, to Kav himself.

"You can call me Gypsy or Robyn for now," she told him, "at least until we're well away from this planet," she added, "and yes, I have funds for the job I need you to do," she added.

Kav quirked an eyebrow. "Gypsy? Uhm, ok. So Gypsy, I can see you're skittish as hell, but I have to ask, why me? There are plenty of ways off this rock, so you must have a reason why you chose moi for this particular venture." he said, before lifting his drink to take a sip. It was good. Not the best he'd had, but decent enough.

In a second, as he set his drink down he waved his hand dismissively. "Ok, never mind that. I suppose I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I can get you out of here. So let's negotiate price. What did you have in mind?" he asked, curious as to whether she had any idea how much risk there was involved. Avoiding the Syndicate was one thing, but they had ties to every major Priest and Priestess - or at least had their own - and not to mention eyes and ears in law enforcement. He'd have to avoid them too.

She quirked an eyebrow back at him, as though she were challenging him to truly question the name. She wasn't though, if anything, she was hoping he wouldn't. She also realized that he knew it wasn't her real name. That could, maybe, come in time. At his question, or near question, she gave a slight quirk of her lips, "Because you're the best, Kav," she told him simply.

Essis, now Gyspy, leaned forward a bit, her forearms on the edge of the table as she clasped her hands together, "Have you already forgotten you're speaking with a priestess?" She asked him. As such, she had funds at her disposal, at unimaginable proportions. Some of which she earned, other sources were a bit less reputable but the priesthood called it tithing. After all, they helped keep the networking safe for everyone.

Kav leaned back as Gypsy leaned forward, his hand dropping instinctively to the blaster at his hip. He wasn't a fan of suck weapons, but he had to admit their usefulness. Her blatant flattery did inflate his ego a bit, and Kav considered her for a moment. "You never did name a price, Priestess, so allow me. Twenty-five up front and another twenty-five on delivery to the planet of your choosing." he said.

It was a bit steep, fifty thousand altogether, but then, he wasn't cheap, the Hawk needed some repairs, and he needed the money. "How soon are we going to need to lift off? My Proteus is being repaired but should be good in a few hours." he told her.

"That's exactly why I didn't name the price," she told him, "Is that all you would want?" She asked then, her head slightly cocking to one side, indicating she could pay more if he wished, "As for the planet.. it's in a completely different galaxy. Would your ship be able to manage that?" She asked then, that was one thing she couldn't figure out. In the meantime, she was using a device that seemed semi attached to the underside of her left forearm, tapping it lightly with the fingers of her right hand. She was hacking an intricate route from one of her unknown accounts to his and transferred the money.

"I would like to leave as soon as possible," she told him, "Was there anything else you needed done before that happens? Aside from your ship finishing it's repairs."

Kav considered her question for a moment. "Go ahead and throw in another couple grand. I'm gonna head down the street and find a nice pricey whore to dip my wick into. Who knows how long it might be before I get laid again, right?" His grin was almost a smirk, but he was being truthful. He hadn't had a good piece of trim since he set down planet-side, and now with this new assignment, he sure wasn't going to bet he'd get laid for another long while.

He shook his head though and said, "I'll go offer the tech a few more dollars to speed things up, and we can get you off-planet in a jiffy." Kav downed the rest of his drink and then stood. "Any place in particular you want me to pick you up?" he asked.

Essis arranged for the extra to go through. At his comment of getting laid, she gave him a half smile and shrugged, "One certainly never knows," she agreed. For her; well, she couldn't remember the last time she had gotten laid. She also didn't really care. Not at that time anyway.

She nodded again when Kav said he would pay the tech a bit more to be speedy, "That would be much appreciated," she told him. She was scooting to the edge of her seat to slide out as she pressed the button to open the screen when he asked his last question. Essis paused a moment, looking at him and thought, "I'll meet you at the docks.. I know where your ship is, name the time," she told him. Then, after the answer, she nodded to him again, "Thank you," she said, though she probably didn't have to. She was paying him after all, but she knew politeness went a long way, and she didn't how long of a way she needed him to take her. Afterward, she left, pulling her hood up again. It didn't take her long to disappear into the crowd..

Kav gave her a time, estimating that for a little extra money the tech could get his ship done in another hour or so, and he'd watch as she parted ways, disappearing into the crowd as he went to take his pleasure at one of the Red Lights down the way. After going and talking to the tech however. It was as he thought and the hour and a half time-frame he'd given Gypsy seemed to fit just right. So after getting his dick wet and paying that tab, Kav got cleaned up and headed back to the mechanic.

It was outside the shop that he noticed the two people, Asian by the look of the, and in nice pressed black suits, taking to the shop owner. Kav didn't slow, didn't even give a hint that he'd seen them as he paused for a second to light up a smoke. I these were who he thought they were, then he'd have to keep Gypsy from showing up at the shop. Thing was, he didn't have a way to contact her.

Shit.

Moving into the shop, he found his tech, and the Proteus seemed to be ready to go. Now all he could hope for was that Gypsy saw the stooges and would avoid them.

Essis had gone to her hide out to grab her bag. The items inside were only nice to have, considering everything she absolutely needed were already on her, wearing it or implanted. Her bag was small. Only holding two other changes of clothing, anything else she needed, she figured she could pick up along the way or borrow. Toiletries, she hoped Kav wouldn't mind sharing, at least until the next stop where she could get her own items and replace his if needed.

She was making her way to the shop, and was about thirty feet away when she got a muted alert from the device on her left forearm. She set that particular vibrating pattern if she were in a thirty foot radius of a known member of the Syndicate. She slowed her pace, looking around more closely than before. Essis tapped the middle finger of her left hand against her palm of the same hand. She had programmed some of her implants and devices to temporarily change her appearance. It was holographic, but as long no one touched her face, she would be fine.

She was coming up to the shop when she saw the Syndicate members. Essis didn't stop or change direction. She was fairly confident in the capabilities and her own programming of her implants and devices on her person, all neatly concealed from most, if not all, that happened to see her. She walked inside the shop and headed towards the docking bay. If asked, she would say she was looking for business of pleasure for any that had just landed on the planet, and her voice would sound slightly husky and very feminine.

Kav saw the woman enter the bays and though she changed her voice and even her look, the woman didn't change the way she moved, and Kav could recognize a fine ass anywhere. He gave a little wave.

"Hey baby, I'm looking for a good time. You ready to party?" he asked, and motioned to his ship. "You ever fucked in zero-grav?" he asked, moving closer and saying, "Turn around baby and let's get a look at you.", specifically just to see what she had to offer and giving her bottom a grope. It seemed to fit the scenario, right? He even let his hands brush over her tits and then he seemed to consider rubbing his chin.

"I dunno. What would you let me do to you for say... a thousand credits?" he asked, just testing the waters and now pretty sure this was who he thought, but even if it wasn't, Kav wasn't one to turn down a set of tits and an ass like that.

Seeing, then hearing Kav, Essis gave a seductive smile with the glamoured face. She tried ignoring the "zings" she felt with where his hands brushed or groped her. That needed to be furthest from her mind right then. Especially since she saw the goons from the Syndicate come from the shop and start walking around, looking at the ships. She turned in Kav's arms, and smiled again at Kav.

"Certainly some privacy inside your ship," she told him softly. Then she stood on tip-toe and, lips to his ear, she nibbled on his ear lobe, "And I'm already paying you for the privacy," she whispered in his ear, then softly nipped his ear lobe again as she stood full footed again and looked up at him once more.

Kav smiled at the act she was putting on. "Alright baby, right this way." he said, and gestured to his Proteus, which was now done; fully fueled, weapons all reloaded and recharged. Space-ready. As he crossed to the craft he could see the Syndicate goon, each looking over the craft and noted that one had turned to exit the bays and was crossing to the flat landing platform just across the way. The craft he was going to was capable of space flight as well. Kav knew that if they were made he'd have to destroy it before they could escape the atmosphere. He couldn't have them identify the Hawk. Asking one of the mechanics marking a checklist where there might be a back exit, he was informed they could just go out the opposite end of the bays.

Quiet and nonchalant he ran his pre-flight check quickly as the mechanics disconnected all connections. "Get in the back." he told Gyspy, showing where she'd sit. It was a smaller seat, and he knew she'd fit quite ok. Firing up the engines he guided the Proteus toward the back bays, which were already open. By now he was firing up comms to the Hawk and SIA. His eye was activated and soon the HUD popped up and they had slipped out the back bays and into the more busy avenues of Eron.

Kav breathed a sigh of relief. "OK, maybe they didn't notice anything." he said. But then the shadow of a larger craft fell over them, the larger gunship-type fighter that he'd seen earlier pressing down. "Shit!" he exclaimed.

"Hope you like the classics." he said, and flipped a switch, music coming through the speakers. It really sounded quite nice and it was obvious the man was a music lover, having had the system custom installed. How many starfighters had an audio system? Kav gunned it, the Proteus responding as he expected it too, off like a shot. He kept the dense atmosphere configuration, two engines all he used as he saw the larger gunship hesitate a moment before giving chase. The bass of the music kicked in, some guy growling out old lyrics of a time long past, and Gypsy would be able to hear Kav humming along as he got on the comm with SIA.

"Can you jam 'em up?" he asked.

"Afraid not. There's too much interference and I could shut down a lot of civilian craft as well. They're moving to fast to pinpoint them." she replied.

"We're on our own baby." he said over his shoulder to Gysy, the Proteus pulling a tight 3G turn around a taller building, using the Proteus' tighter agility to try and lose the larger gunship. Gypsy was thrown against her harness, but it held her tight, and Kav grinned back at her even though she couldn't see.

The Proteus went into a dive, almost freefall, and Gypsy could feel gravity draining away as her legs wanted to lift from the floor.

"Trying to get below this traffic." Kav told her over the din of the hammering music. Staccato rapid-fire drums accompanied by growling guitars, and Kav acted like this was an amusement park.

"Fuck!" he snarled into the headset, and it took a moment for Gypsy to see what was going on, not afforded a good amount of visibility from her seat. The gunship was diving right behind them, opening fire, and obviously not caring about civlian craft, several blown out of the sky as it swung past a building, too close as its engines blew out glass and steel from the structure.

"We have to get them out of the city proper and away from as many civilian vehicles!" Kav muttered, his voice tinged with a bit of anger as far as Gypsy could tell.

"Hold onto your tits!" Kav yelled, pulling the Proteus around in a tightly controlled flat spin, the main cannon charged and blasting at the following gunship. Kav didn't even wait to see if the shot hit, his cybernetic arm pulling on the controls with more strength than any human might, and the maneuver needed it as the Proteus swung into a tight roll after the flat spin, barreling over in a corkscrew toward the ground - which seemed to be coming far too fast, though Kav didn't seem worried.

Pulling up, Kav got a report from SIA. "They're still after you sir. That shot managed to damage their port engine, but it is still at 83% efficiency."

"Well thanks for that SIA." Kav replied, sarcasm dripping.

The first song ended and another started, this one heavy as well, and Kav even bobbed his head in time as he flew, kicking in all four engines, the Proteus shuddering a moment as the cone forming at the front finally broke, the condensation dampening the canopy as they broke the sound barrier.

"Come get us ya dumb shits." Kav cursed under his breath, the boundaries of Eron flashing by and the traffic lessening noticeably.

"You still holdin' those tits?" he asked Gypsy jokingly just as the gunship could be seen. They'd put some distance between them, the gunship heavier, slower, but outgunning them handily and better armored as well.

The disguised Essis followed Kav to his craft. She hoped, but didn't count on it, that the goons from the Syndicate wouldn't follow. She hoped, but again she didn't count on it, that they wouldn't have thought of the Priestess to be clever enough to change her appearance via her tech implants. She didn't look around much. She knew it was large enough to hold cargo, but small and sleek enough to be faster than most, if not all, other ships. Hearing him, she nodded and did as instructed. She tapped on the screen of the removable tech on her left forearm and she looked like herself again. No need to use the power if it wasn't needed, right? Besides, it was just another tap to reactivate the glamour. Within seconds she was seated and had strapped herself in. She focused on her breathing, remaining calm. According to her fellow Priesthood, she had the uncanny ability of staying calm when even the most cold personalities would become at least a little excited.

He hoped she liked the classics. She almost started to wonder about that until she heard what he was playing. Eyebrows lifted slightly, as did the corners of her lips. She would admit it wouldn't have been her first choice in music, especially now, but she wasn't about to complain and she did rather like what she was hearing. Mostly she figured it was going to help him in getting them away from here safely. She decided to focus on Kav for a few moments and it didn't take her long to realize he was humming along or even mouthing the words to the song he had blaring out.

Essis, or Gypsy, figured there wasn't much to do about her being thrown about in her seat. Though she was extremely grateful for the fact that the harness kept in the seat itself with how Kav flew. All at the same time, she truly had to admire his skill level in piloting the ship. What she'd heard about him, at least on this, was absolutely true. She couldn't imagine another pilot being able to match his skill in flight, and certainly no one could out do him!

"Fuck!" She heard him say and she forced her focus on the outside. She gasped as she realized what she was watching. Though he couldn't see it, she nodded emphatically with his statement. She was in complete agreement. She wondered if it was all really worth it then. If she should have let them capture and kill her. Other lives would have been spared then..

She didn't hear Kav's warning, but the second the wild ride started up again, crazier than before, she crossed her arms, hands gripping the straps at her shoulders and tucked her legs under the seat. She had to admit, even though she didn't expect it, and the circumstances were atrocious, she was having fun on the "ride".

"Yes," she told him, though she wasn't holding onto her breasts, but the straps at her shoulders, "I think I can help, but I need to be connected," she told him. He knew what she was, and knew how she could be of help. She just needed to be able to connect to the ship so she can transfer her cyber-self to the other ship and disable it from the inside. It would have to be quick, and considering it had never actually been done before, officially anyways, she didn't think there would be protection against her particular set of skills.

Kav smirked as she said she could hack their ship.

"I ca try to open communications with them, talk it out, and maybe you can use that channel, right?" he asked, and without really waiting for an answer, he did just that. The Syndicate ship didn't answer, and instead Kav saw the bright red blinking light. He banked hard right just as the missile streaked past, missing their starboard side by mere feet.

"I don't think they're going to listen." he grumbled.

By now the Syndicate ship was in sight, and Kav flipped a switch. "Let's take these bitches to church and put them on their knees. If I can't get us out of this in five minutes, then we're not getting off this planet." Kav told her. Another song kicked in, and Kav hit a timer, which started a countdown almost in time with the song.

Gypsy was once more pushed back in her seat as Kav hit the throttle, the quad engines opening up with a wonderful whine as thrust was applied. That was one thing that they had the only thing they had. Kav had no doubt that, well, missiles were missiles, and he could bring the ship down, but they had to use their speed and maneuverability. They had no other choice. In the meantime, they couldn't afford to take a single hit. It wasn't like Kav hadn't been in a spot like this before, but this time he had an actual passenger, and she'd paid good money for her safety.

He assumed she'd keep holding onto those tits, and he barely saw another missile away from the other ship as he dropped behind a building the screech of steel and shattering glass as that explosive blew a hole in the side of the building. Kav cursed. These fuckers were, as he'd surmised before, willing to kill a bunch of innocents to get at whatever this girl behind him was carrying.

He climbed, the Proteus and that glorious roar of her engines propelled them upward and it wasn't long before Kav dropped. Like a streaking thunderbolt from the heavens, preceded by a salvo of missiles from the Proteus, Kav bore down on the Syndicate ship, the missiles exploding against the upper hull as he streaked by. He circled around, the much slower ship trying to track him, and Kav realized this wasn't going to be much of a dogfight.

He was climbing again, then coming at the larger ship from the side, the pulse cannon ripping into the other ship, which started to smoke and list to the side.

"Got it. I'll let them worry about landing, as blowing them out of the sky will mean they land on some poor bastard on the ground." Kav said. Looking at the clock he'd done it in 4:27.

She just might have to do him a favor and upgrade his computer systems while she was on board. If he let her, of course. But she was definitely going to need a place to connect to so she could go from system to system on nearby ships if needed. Not a lot of time to think of that though with him piloting them like a bat out of hell. For extremely good reason! Once he spoke, she let out a breath in an explosive kind of manner.. she hadn't realized she'd been holding it until then.

"That was incredible! Does that mean it's over?" She asked him, sounding a little breathless from all the.. well.. terror, "Just getting us into orbit and beyond?" Truly, she was ready to be off the planet, and away from the galaxy. She wanted time to figure out what the hell she was carrying in her head, what she took. Maybe it would be enough to take the Syndicate down once and for all?

Kav nodded. "It's over. For now anyway. I've set us a course for the Hawk, and we should be there in a few minutes." he said, and the Proteus kicked in her burners as they gained escape velocity. Soon the Procyon Hawk was in sight, and they were docking. SIA greeted them both at the airlock, looking friendly enough. The rest of the crew, mostly sentient automatons tied to SIA, went about their business like normal.

"We need to set a course." Kav said, turning to his employer. "Where to?" he asked.

Essis let out a sigh of relief with that news and she let herself relax in her seat for a few moments until they were completely in orbit and she caught sight of his ship. In all the data she'd hacked on Kav, she not once was able to catch sight of the Procyon Hawk. It was impressive, and almost what she expected for a ship that was supposed to be the fastest, yet large enough to carry cargo.

Once docked and fully stopped, Essis (or Gypsy as far as Kav was concerned) unbuckled the harness and stood from her seat. Then followed Kav onto the Hawk it'self. She wasn't surprised by the Android and the automatons. She was, however, surprised on how lifelike the Android almost was. She could tell it'd been getting worked on with upgrades and such. She also figured it had to come in very handy to have the ship's Android to look human.

"Taishō," she answered quickly, "it's the next Galaxy to us," she told him. She didn't think it was going to be a problem. She knew the man had to have FTL or Warp capabilities. Or both even. Considering how quickly he was able to get from one place and to the next, with great distance between, he had to have had a combination of the two. Hinting that the smuggler was particular and meticulous in what his ship can do, what he can offer that no other smuggler can, and the fact that he had to be a mad-engineering-genius to pull it off.

Needless to say, her needing to go to the next galaxy over, while it would take years for others, it would only take them a few weeks on the Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom